What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Orton now? (2 Viewers)

Orton's upside is limited. He can do certain things well, but there are many things he cannot do. With a top defense for most of the season and plenty of weapons of offense, this team should be better than 8-7. I think this season has shown that Orton can do well and win when the defense is on their game (the defense has allowed a combined 78 points in the eight wins), but when they are not, he has trouble doing what it takes to get the team the win.
Orton's 4-14 record since the start of last season demonstrates this quite clearly now.

Orton's upside is limited. He can do certain things well, but there are many things he cannot do. With a top defense for most of the season and plenty of weapons of offense, this team should be better than 8-7. I think this season has shown that Orton can do well and win when the defense is on their game (the defense has allowed a combined 78 points in the eight wins), but when they are not, he has trouble doing what it takes to get the team the win.
Orton's 4-14 record since the start of last season demonstrates this quite clearly now.
Ghost Rider, bringing the facts to the otherwise outlandish "Orton > Cutler" fantasy. Good work sir.Hey, maybe Orton could still sign as backup. For the Bears.No, he couldn't take the beating, nevermind.

How do you feel about Orton now?
He is the only startable QB in Denver. Hes also the only Quarterback in Denver that gives them a shot at winning their division (obviously not this year).If they are gonna bench him for Tebow to find out sooner than later that Tebow isnt their guy then they need to trade Orton and Draft a QB (or pick up Garrard/trade for Palmer)

Anyone willing to change their opinion on Orton yet?
Sure, why not. Very definition of average. Sometimes, that's good enough. If you've got a stout defense and you can protect Orton, he can win you games, and that's more than can be said for lots of QB's in this league.

Anyone willing to change their opinion on Orton yet?
Still love the guy. Improves each and every year. He's a perfect fit in that system. In the few good decisions McDaniels has made, his addition tops the list. Funny thing is he (the 'throw in') very well could end up as the best QB in the whole Cutler/Cassel KC/Den/Chicago ordeal 2 offseasons ago.Would love to have the guy in Arizona. Maybe they'll be foolish enough to deal him when they decide to turn to Tebow.
update?

Cowboys might want to consider benching Romo for him unless they want the December nightmares of the past to continue this season.

after watching the Broncos w/ Simms and w/ Orton at the helm, I can say without hesitation that Orton is the engine that makes Denver go. Orton is invaluable to the Broncos at this point, and I shudder to think what this team would be like without him.Here's a thought - w/o Orton, the Broncos would be the 5-11 (at best) team we all thought they would be in the off-season. Orton is the difference maker, and the sole reason for hope.That's what I think about Orton right now. The savior of the season.
:ph34r:
:moneybag:

3-1 as the starter after not taking a single snap with this offense prior to his first start

Top 10 in Yards per attempt (8.0), Yards per game (280)

1. In the fourth quarter: In terms of Total QBR, there is no better late-game quarterback in the NFL this season than Orton. His 87.9 fourth-quarter QBR is first in the NFL, as is his quarterback rating (132.5). Orton averages 9.21 yards per attempt in the fourth quarter, second only to Cincinnati's Andy Dalton. He has thrown five fourth-quarter touchdowns and hasn't been intercepted.
2. On deeper passes: On passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield, Orton has the NFL's third-best completion percentage this season. At 54.3 percent, only Andrew Luck (56.2) and Drew Brees (55.6) have been more accurate on deeper passes
Orton leads the NFL in both third-down completion rate (73 percent) and yards per attempt (11.27). Manuel had the NFL's second-worst third-down completion rate (50 percent) and ranks 26th in yards per attempt (6.9).
At only 31 years old, I am starting to wonder if Orton isn't just some stop-gap solution. It's only been 4 games but he has been pretty damn impressive coming off the bench with no reps with this offense. I can't wait to see what he can do after the Bye- will give him time to get the offense down much better and more reps with Watkins and Woods

2-1 since he took over

cutler is 1-2 over those last 3 weeks with 4 td, 3 picks, and 4 fumbles
29/48 for 259/0 and 0 picks in a narrow 4 point loss puts him at 3-2

22/37 for 272/1 with 2 more picks and a lost fumble in a somewhat wider 40 point loss puts cutler at 1-4 over those 5 weeks

Orton has done very well, better than I expected. This is coming from a guy screaming to replace him with Tebow in Denver a few years back so I am not somebody who is even remotely interested in him. That said I picked up Sanchez over him this week when Foles went down. Every season I am surprised who I am starting at QB, but I am keeping Orton on the radar. I don't know how my season ended up in the place where I am hoping for a big game from Mark freakin Sanchez to win this week; clearly I didn't plan for this.

Rotoworld:

Bills coach Doug Marrone gave Kyle Orton a vote of confidence at Monday's presser.
"Right now I plan on sticking with Kyle, and I believe in every player, not just the quarterback player, who gives us the best chance to win," a long-winded Marrone said. "That’s the way we’re headed this week." The "right now" sticks out for Marrone, who has been perhaps the least-truthful coach in the NFL throughout his 11-15 tenure in Buffalo. Orton was positively dreadful in last Thursday's loss to the Dolphins, but we wouldn't hold our breath on the Bills deciding E.J. Manuel gives them a better chance to win.

Related: E.J. Manuel

Source: buffalobills.com
Nov 17 - 2:19 PM

victory over the 7 win browns puts him at 5-3

cutty's loss to the 7 win lions puts him at 5-7, 3-5 over the last 8

that week 17 game at minny might put cutler last in his division

Rotoworld:

Kyle Orton will remain the Bills' starter for Week 15.
Orton has gone in a total shell over the past month, but the 7-6 Bills still believe he gives them their best chance to win as they fight to keep their faint playoff hopes alive. We don't disagree that reinserting E.J. Manuel would accomplish little. Orton won't be a recommended streaming option against the Packers in Week 15.

Related: E.J. Manuel

Source: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter
Dec 8 - 3:00 PM

reels off another win against the 12 win patriots

meanwhile, how'd cutty do against those 6 win vikings......led his team to 9 points on 4.8 ypa?

Users who are viewing this thread