What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How does Marvin Lewis still have a head coaching job in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

well this is the biggest bengals win in 3 years but i still gotta give a huge wtf to marvin lewis. 45s left and the bengals complete a first down to the steeler 15 and the run up and spike the ball. they had 2 time outs and they spiked the ball? i wonder how much they reduced their win expectation with that play. why doesnt this team just shell out like 25k and hire some 13 year old madden fiend to show them how to use proper clock management. its infuriating.
Yes. His clock mgmt skills are pretty horrid.

well this is the biggest bengals win in 3 years but i still gotta give a huge wtf to marvin lewis. 45s left and the bengals complete a first down to the steeler 15 and the run up and spike the ball. they had 2 time outs and they spiked the ball? i wonder how much they reduced their win expectation with that play. why doesnt this team just shell out like 25k and hire some 13 year old madden fiend to show them how to use proper clock management. its infuriating.
I was scraming about how stupid that was minutes before the announcers realized how stupid it was. You got 2 timeouts and you want to save them and waste a down. If you want to run some ticks off the damn clock, run the off, call the timeout and take your 4 shots. He is an idiot but wins like this keep him employed.

Honestly, even though they won the game, Cincy's clock management at the end of the game was atrocious.
I disagree. Had they scored too soon Pittsburgh would have had enough time to go down and kick a field goal.
It's not a question of scoring too soon. It's a question of spiking the ball on 1st down when you have two timeouts left, and then spiking the ball on 1st down again when you have one timeout left. The Bengals had a timeout sitting unused at the end of the game- is he going to call it during his post-game press conference? Is he saving it hoping it'll roll over to the first half of next week's game? I didn't really have a problem with the second spike, but that first spike was just inexcusable. In that situation, an extra down is FAR more valuable than an extra timeout.

I didn't really have a problem with the second spike, but that first spike was just inexcusable.
Agree completely. You almost have to save the last one in case of a sack, especially against Pittsburgh. The first one was ridiculous.

At what point does Marvin give up on on long snapper Brad St. Louis. Even an extra point is an adventure. I would have said bye after Denver. I'm sure he's a swell guy but . . .

At what point does Marvin give up on on long snapper Brad St. Louis. Even an extra point is an adventure. I would have said bye after Denver. I'm sure he's a swell guy but . . .
Has to be this week... they had 4 in for tryouts last week. I don't understand how you can make 700k a year doing one thing and you can't do it right. I'd be snapping 500 balls a day on my off days.

Has to be this week... they had 4 in for tryouts last week. I don't understand how you can make 700k a year doing one thing and you can't do it right. I'd be snapping 500 balls a day on my off days.
Probably does - he's been doing it 10 years. At some point maybe ya just lose it and this is his time for whatever reason. But I'm pretty sure we'll have a new LS next week. Wish St. Louis had corrected his woes after Denver as he seems like a class act.-QG

Probably does - he's been doing it 10 years. At some point maybe ya just lose it and this is his time for whatever reason. But I'm pretty sure we'll have a new LS next week. Wish St. Louis had corrected his woes after Denver as he seems like a class act.-QG
Heard on WLW this morning that they are sticking with him. :goodposting:

Kirby said:
Heard on WLW this morning that they are sticking with him. :football:
Changed thier mind... cut him and signed Clark Harris.

Very happy for Marvin. Seems like a good guy who was saddled with awful players early on.

Glad to see that at least one laughingstock franchise has turned the corner, since I see no hope for ours.

Users who are viewing this thread