What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

@icon - should I buy a new Bronco or new Jeep? (1 Viewer)

BTW, as an update, after lots of soul searching, I've decide Raptor Bronco is kind of white trash/neck tat/Affliction shirt for me.

And Bronco still better than Jeep.

Going for a Bronco WIldtrak. Just looking for the right one. Saw two in town this week and they were awesome.

For these older cars and trucks that are restored, what's a good place to get an idea on value?

Some of these seem inexpensive like this https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1971-ford-bronco-476538

But then other places I see fully restored broncos for 10x that. Is there a baseline?

Otis vehicle sale: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-international-harvester-scout-ii-traveler-2/

Bought for $25k. Tinkered around with it, made some minor add-ons over the years just for fun, drove it for a few years. Sold it for more than double. HEY LOOK AT ME was off the charts with this one.

The downside was it drives like a truck from the 70s. Rough ride, squeaking, clanking, not civilized, hated taking it on the highway, limited reliability and limited use cases. Was a lot of fun and so unique, but impractical.
the first tractor i ever drove was a farmall so i love your floor mats but honest question do you regret selling it man i would never have been able to give her up take that to the bank brohan

For these older cars and trucks that are restored, what's a good place to get an idea on value?

Some of these seem inexpensive like this https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1971-ford-bronco-476538

But then other places I see fully restored broncos for 10x that. Is there a baseline?

Otis vehicle sale: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-international-harvester-scout-ii-traveler-2/

Bought for $25k. Tinkered around with it, made some minor add-ons over the years just for fun, drove it for a few years. Sold it for more than double. HEY LOOK AT ME was off the charts with this one.

The downside was it drives like a truck from the 70s. Rough ride, squeaking, clanking, not civilized, hated taking it on the highway, limited reliability and limited use cases. Was a lot of fun and so unique, but impractical.
the first tractor i ever drove was a farmall so i love your floor mats but honest question do you regret selling it man i would never have been able to give her up take that to the bank brohan
I love you SWC

I miss it sometimes, but selling it was the right move. It was just so impractical. And I made some money on it. I do miss having a topless truck in general, and that's why I'm looking for something modern. The Bronco fits the bill.

• Love
Reactions: SWC
FWIW, my best friend has a Jeep 392 something and loves it. I was in it a couple of months ago and was impressed. He can drive anything he wants and chose that.

BTW, as an update, after lots of soul searching, I've decide Raptor Bronco is kind of white trash/neck tat/Affliction shirt for me.

Going for a Bronco WIldtrak. Just looking for the right one. Saw two in town this week and they were awesome.

Seems like the Jeep High Tide is way more your fit.

Jeeps are cool, hold their value for sure. I've been reading about serious reliability issues for the Bronco, which is unfortunate but probably expected for a new platform.

Don't rule out a 4Runner. Almost as capable as either of those. Much more comfortable ride for the 99% of time you aren't on a trail, and much more reliable than either. Can't go topless though.

Didn't know Jeeps hold their value THAT well. As well as Toyota? Let's see it.

Reliability for a new FORD Bronco can't be good. I'd bet money on that without ever looking it up. I have a post in that thread about being out of your mind if you buy the first year model. Or just having funny money, which, well good for you!

4Runner blows doors on all of them, all things considered, and it's not even close.

If you're looking for a practical grocery getter with mild to moderate trail capability, and hate open air experience.... yes the 4 Runner is the play.

However, a 4 Runner requires significant expensive suspension and axle upgrades to have off road capability / durability that's anywhere close to a Jeep... and it requires a sawzall and utter disregard for resale value to enjoy the open air experience.

Sorry I'm not here much anymore.

If you're using it around town and light off road work, I'd consider the Bronco as it's much bigger (nearly 1k lbs and several inches larger than the rubicon)... its a bit of a pig with IFS which means better on road manners but notably worse in technical Offroad sections.

If you're looking for the top technical off road rig and are willing to give up a bit in creature comforts... the Jeep Rubicon is still the undisputed king.

Can white trash afford 75-80K vehicles? I had a demo Raptor for a week, I liked it but the look was more rugged than I liked. Felt like I was going on a safari.

Wildtrak is a little more refined.

FWIW, my best friend has a Jeep 392 something and loves it. I was in it a couple of months ago and was impressed. He can drive anything he wants and chose that.
They're great and put out something like 470hp, but they're $90k+. For a Jeep. That's at at minimum a soft pass.

Sorry I'm not here much anymore.

If you're using it around town and light off road work, I'd consider the Bronco as it's much bigger (nearly 1k lbs and several inches larger than the rubicon)... its a bit of a pig with IFS which means better on road manners but notably worse in technical Offroad sections.

If you're looking for the top technical off road rig and are willing to give up a bit in creature comforts... the Jeep Rubicon is still the undisputed king.
There he is! Slow to the bat signal, but still eventually out there fighting crime.

Thanks good buddy. I'll be honest. As much as I'd love to do a long road trip to Moab, I'm far more likely to be doing a short road trip to Costco and then the taco joint. In another life I'll maybe be that guy. but in this life, Otis is this guy. And, that's ok.

Bronco it is.

Threw down a deposit this week on one that is built and should be shipped any day now. LFG

I got a Bronco Wildtrak. It's absolutely stunning, and a blast. Picked it up yesterday afternoon, took the soft top down, and cruised around running errands/car pooling middle schoolers/etc. So fun. The Area 51 color is absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry [icon], Bronco >>>>>>> Jeep.

I got a Bronco Wildtrak. It's absolutely stunning, and a blast. Picked it up yesterday afternoon, took the soft top down, and cruised around running errands/car pooling middle schoolers/etc. So fun. The Area 51 color is absolutely gorgeous.

Seems like a great and fun choice. You got pictures to share of this beast or did I miss that earlier?

Seems like a great and fun choice. You got pictures to share of this beast or did I miss that earlier?
:goodposting:

Congrats !

Best way to describe the Bronco in one word - fun.

I‘m about 6 months in and it still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. Driving it on the beach and surf casting for striped Bass just adds another level of fun.

Joe doesn’t let us post pictures here I thought ?

Congrats !

Best way to describe the Bronco in one word - fun.

I‘m about 6 months in and it still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. Driving it on the beach and surf casting for striped Bass just adds another level of fun.
Amen. So much fun. My brothers in law are so jealous.

And it’s so so so much better than a Jeep.

:confused: People linking imgur and other pics all the time.

Jeeps are cool, hold their value for sure. I've been reading about serious reliability issues for the Bronco, which is unfortunate but probably expected for a new platform.

Don't rule out a 4Runner. Almost as capable as either of those. Much more comfortable ride for the 99% of time you aren't on a trail, and much more reliable than either. Can't go topless though.

Reliability for a new FORD Bronco can't be good. I'd bet money on that without ever looking it up. I have a post in that thread about being out of your mind if you buy the first year model. Or just having funny money, which, well good for you!

4Runner blows doors on all of them, all things considered, and it's not even close.

If you're looking for a practical grocery getter with mild to moderate trail capability, and hate open air experience.... yes the 4 Runner is the play.

However, a 4 Runner requires significant expensive suspension and axle upgrades to have off road capability / durability that's anywhere close to a Jeep... and it requires a sawzall and utter disregard for resale value to enjoy the open air experience.

A 4-Runner is a "grocery-getter"? LMAO. A stock Jeep is no different. Most of these vehicles will see an occasional front yard or dirt road. This isn't the Baja 1000.

I've had and enjoyed both vehicles, and a Landcruiser (all at different times). Three jeeps actually (CJ-5, CJ-7, Wrangler). Rolled the CJ-5 and without a welded full cage roll bar welded into the frame, probably wouldn't be here. I love Jeeps. But actually my Landcruiser was the best of both. Curious what your resale argument is. There's good reason Toyotas hold it down. I don't know how you argue against or even begin to think it's not relevant.

I mean, are you talking competition type stuff, where they beef up their rig and see who doesn't roll off some rock display after 24 beers, by gunning it to the top of a hill, Billy?

Is this Jeep Survivor we're talking about? Because a Tundra, Tacoma or 4-Runner will get through 99% of any mountain/snow terrain, for anybody with a brain, no problem. And they last longer, no question.

A 4-Runner is a "grocery-getter"? LMAO. A stock Jeep is no different. Most of these vehicles will see an occasional front yard or dirt road. This isn't the Baja 1000.

I've had and enjoyed both vehicles, and a Landcruiser (all at different times). Three jeeps actually (CJ-5, CJ-7, Wrangler). Rolled the CJ-5 and without a welded full cage roll bar welded into the frame, probably wouldn't be here. I love Jeeps. But actually my Landcruiser was the best of both. Curious what your resale argument is. There's good reason Toyotas hold it down. I don't know how you argue against or even begin to think it's not relevant.

I mean, are you talking competition type stuff, where they beef up their rig and see who doesn't roll off some rock display after 24 beers, by gunning it to the top of a hill, Billy?

Is this Jeep Survivor we're talking about? Because a Tundra, Tacoma or 4-Runner will get through 99% of any mountain/snow terrain, for anybody with a brain, no problem. And they last longer, no question.

For starters a 4 runner is a IFS front end that is notoriously fragile.

I founded and am on the board for one of the country's largest Offroad clubs, and we have dozens of Toyota trucks and 4 runners.

Step 1 for anyone looking to wheel an IFS Toyota seriously is to literally cut out the entire front suspension, and weld in a solid front axle like the one a Jeep comes with stock.

Now if you're saying that doesn't apply to you because you're not doing anything serious, just around town and some dirt roads, then that's the "grocery getter" term in the Offroad world that I'm referring to. Like I said, they can handle mild to moderate Offroad work in stock (or beefed up IFS) form... but that's it until you cut out the front end.

You can take a Rubicon a LOT further on the capability spectrum with a LOT fewer modifications

I founded and am on the board for one of the country's largest Offroad clubs, and we have dozens of Toyota trucks and 4 runners.

Step 1 for anyone looking to wheel an IFS Toyota seriously is to literally cut out the entire front suspension, and weld in a solid front axle like the one a Jeep comes with stock.

Now if you're saying that doesn't apply to you because you're not doing anything serious, just around town and some dirt roads, then that's the "grocery getter" term in the Offroad world that I'm referring to. Like I said, they can handle mild to moderate Offroad work in stock (or beefed up IFS) form... but that's it until you cut out the front end.

You can take a Rubicon a LOT further on the capability spectrum with a LOT fewer modifications
I don't think there's any doubt a Jeep is more capable than anything else on the road, especially a Rubicon package. That being said, a stock 4Runner can handle 99% of what most people want to do - handle inclement weather and light to moderate trails. Especially here on the East coast, there really aren't that many opprotunities to get into serious off roading. In the NC area, there's only a couple trails I'm aware of (at Uwharrie) where anything more than a simple lift and 285 + are reccomended. That being said, I don't think it would be reccomended anyone take any stock vehicke up Daniel except maybe a Rubicon...but is that really stock, or a Jeep with factory installed upgrades?

Last week I was traveling for work. My rental car was a Jeep Gladiator. After driving that all week, I missed my 4Runner so much. Of course, the difference was probably in trim package, but my 4Runner was so much more comfortable. Easier on the road, less wind noise, more intuitive control layout, etc. Can't take the top or doors off though - I'll grant you that. That would have been fun.

I don't think there's any doubt a Jeep is more capable than anything else on the road, especially a Rubicon package. That being said, a stock 4Runner can handle 99% of what most people want to do - handle inclement weather and light to moderate trails. Especially here on the East coast, there really aren't that many opprotunities to get into serious off roading. In the NC area, there's only a couple trails I'm aware of (at Uwharrie) where anything more than a simple lift and 285 + are reccomended. That being said, I don't think it would be reccomended anyone take any stock vehicke up Daniel except maybe a Rubicon...but is that really stock, or a Jeep with factory installed upgrades?

Last week I was traveling for work. My rental car was a Jeep Gladiator. After driving that all week, I missed my 4Runner so much. Of course, the difference was probably in trim package, but my 4Runner was so much more comfortable. Easier on the road, less wind noise, more intuitive control layout, etc. Can't take the top or doors off though - I'll grant you that. That would have been fun.

No doubt the 4 Runner ride comfort is a step up. IFS suspension sacrifices off road performance and durability vs Solid Axle.

That's the trade off. Is your front suspension built for off road or on road. Both are pretty good at the other, but there is a notable performance gap for each.

@Otis let's see some pics of this beast!

Two weeks into my Bronco experience and loving it. Found a Badlands w/Sasquatch package and it's the coolest car I've ever owned. Only complaint thus far is my radio reception sucks because there are always panties hangin' from my antenna when I come out of the grocery store.
I've got a Wildtrack 4 door and it's freaking awesome. Just love it. Such a blast. I'm always top down.

Threw on a retro stripe; some tint; vintage Bronco badging, the Ford bull bar; and the other night threw an LED light bar on the bumper, lights up the night like Times Square. Waiting for delivery of ditch lights and then fog lights.

I don't see why anyone buys a Jeep anymore with these available. Makes no sense.

I’m about 9 months in with my Bronco - still brings a smile to my face every single time I drive it.

I have a 2 door Badlands Lux with a Manual. The doors, top & windows have been off for about a month now.

Never thought I would enjoy off roading so much. Have been on multiple trails and beaches with it - what a blast.

The mods are endless and can cost you a small fortune.

Zero regrets so far.

Also highly recommend the Bronco Off Rodeo events. It’s free with the purchase of your Bronco.

We did Gunstock in New Hampshire. They teach you all the capabilities of the vehicle, and you get to beat up on their Bronco’s.

Next stop - MOAB.
I have been reading about these. One day.

Oh man, I watched a video. it's like off-roading day camp. :thumbup:

You can explain to the wife that it's a safety thing, you need to be trained up on this thing--in case it all ever goes down. (Then drive to get some groceries.)

Also highly recommend the Bronco Off Rodeo events. It’s free with the purchase of your Bronco.

We did Gunstock in New Hampshire. They teach you all the capabilities of the vehicle, and you get to beat up on their Bronco’s.

Next stop - MOAB.

Need to book a reservation within 1 year of delivery/ownership. Date you go doesn’t need to be withIn a year but the reservation has to be made.

I’d love to get a Bronco, but was hesitant since it’s a Ford. I’m glad they seem to be working out.

Now, looking at Bronco vs. 4 runner, but refuse to pay a markup. Will look at Land Cruiser when released as an option.

man all of your broncos look pretty sweet to this old brohan and it warms the cold empty corners of my hearts to see those babys in 70s style man bring back the good stuff take that to the bank brochachos

Users who are viewing this thread