What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Idiot drivers (1 Viewer)

With that said - I think I need to get a dash camera. I've seen some #### that would be internet worthy on my commute (nothing like this ####, but still...)

Anybody have one or looked into one?
I drive 200 miles a day and like you, have seen some crazy ####. I've had one for about a year and a half now. Just last week at 6:00 in the morning I saw the craziest yet. On a interstate I drive every day, half in a daze, sun barely over the horizon, I come over a hill after just going around an 18 wheeler to notice headlights on my side of the road. Sure enough, some idiot is going the wrong way down the interstate. They seemed to have no idea. A guy I work with came through the area 30 minutes later and saw nothing so I guess there was no catastrophic accident, but wow there could have been.http://youtu.be/FiQE_2ODmNA

Dashcam worth every penny.
Holy ####. I've only ever seen that once, and it was just on a divided highway, not an interstate. Terrifying though as you don't know if the guy will swerve into you or what.

What dash cam do you have? Would you recommend it?
That was the first thing I thought. I put my brakes on pretty hard and headed to the shoulder, fully expecting to have to dodge an attempt at hitting me thinking they were out to kill themselves. Turns out may have just been a clueless old woman. Still scary.

I have a cobra https://www.cobra.com/products/dash-cams/cdr-810 I got from Acadamy for 79.99. They just had them the other day on clearance for 19.99. I definitely recommend it, takes good video and all you do is plug it in and forget it. It loops the recordings, starts when you start the car, turns off when car does.

With that said - I think I need to get a dash camera. I've seen some #### that would be internet worthy on my commute (nothing like this ####, but still...)

Anybody have one or looked into one?
I drive 200 miles a day and like you, have seen some crazy ####. I've had one for about a year and a half now. Just last week at 6:00 in the morning I saw the craziest yet. On a interstate I drive every day, half in a daze, sun barely over the horizon, I come over a hill after just going around an 18 wheeler to notice headlights on my side of the road. Sure enough, some idiot is going the wrong way down the interstate. They seemed to have no idea. A guy I work with came through the area 30 minutes later and saw nothing so I guess there was no catastrophic accident, but wow there could have been.http://youtu.be/FiQE_2ODmNA

Dashcam worth every penny.
Holy ####. I've only ever seen that once, and it was just on a divided highway, not an interstate. Terrifying though as you don't know if the guy will swerve into you or what.

What dash cam do you have? Would you recommend it?
That was the first thing I thought. I put my brakes on pretty hard and headed to the shoulder, fully expecting to have to dodge an attempt at hitting me thinking they were out to kill themselves. Turns out may have just been a clueless old woman. Still scary.

I have a cobra https://www.cobra.com/products/dash-cams/cdr-810 I got from Acadamy for 79.99. They just had them the other day on clearance for 19.99. I definitely recommend it, takes good video and all you do is plug it in and forget it. It loops the recordings, starts when you start the car, turns off when car does.
Jeeze....$19.99? I wish I could find that sale again. I'd buy one in a heart-beat.

Thanks for the recommendation. That's exactly what I'm looking for - one that loops and just starts recording when the car starts up/moves. Nothing fancy.

On the way to work yesterday, a motorcycle rider passes me doing 60 on a country road with speed limit 55. No big deal, I get it, I'm not driving fast enough. We turn right onto a 4 lane road, I go into the right lane as he's in the left going slightly slower than I am after 200'. Soon, some sportscar (didn't get a real good look) speeds around the motorcycle and gets behind me. I slow down a little on an uphill and the cyclist catches up, starts going ahead of me. So Mario decides to get behind him. Jax slows down on the downhill (don't know why), so I start passing him. Mario speeds up to get behind me, but now we're going back uphill and I intentionally slow down to get Mario to slow down. Mario gets back over... we do this about 4 times before I'm far enough ahead for Mario to cut Jax off and immediately get caught behind 10 cars at a red light. I'm 10' ahead of them and Jax goes over to Mario and I watch in my rearview mirror while Jax looks like he's telling Mario to slow the F down. I kept an eye out for a minute to see if we'd have to call the cops. But the light turned green and Jax turned left. Mario follows me for a few minutes but eventually I lose track of him in traffic.

Granted, I was playing with Mario a bit.
"Playing with Mario" was a #### move by you
No its not. If the driver in front see up ahead that there is a line of cars or red lights from cars (meaning a slow down) then where is the speedster going to go? Its not like if the driver in front should speed up to let the speedster get in front to simply have to press on the brakes in a few seconds. Speedster is at fault here and the motorcycle guy did the right thing by, hopefully, talking to speedster in a calm manner. Zero sympathy for speedster given the scenario.
Total **** move.

You are not a traffic cop or traffic monitor.

Instead of allowing faster traffic to pass, you decided to be a #### and slow him down on purpose. Congratulations
don't know why I missed this.

I was in the right lane going right around the speed limit (probably slightly above). am I supposed to let Mario pass Jax on the right? There was slower traffic in front of us.

I had an idea when I was a kid that everyone should have a phone number in their car that was printed on front and back bumper, side panels and hood. So if you are behind someone who has their think open you could kindly give them a ring and let them know. Or if they are tailgating you you could kindly threaten to kill them.
I wanted to create something like Facebook, but the people's ID's were the license plates. You could log on and post on their wall about how they suck at driving. You could also see how many people thought that person was a crappy driver.
:brilliant:

Users who are viewing this thread