What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP & Off Dynasty Rookie Rankings (1 Viewer)

GROMS

Kingdom Fighter
Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of IDP & Off Dynasty Rookies ranked together in one list?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's 1-50 of the bloom 100. Im going to write 51-100 soon, but we are currently making our push to get all of our base preseason content and magazine content done, so it might not come til next week. If i get a chance, Ill publish the list sans commentary.

As news has come in from the first wave of minicamps, I am continuing to refine my view of these guys, so as always, subject to change.

Due to the large variance in IDP scoring in different leagues, I think it's near impossible to have a combined offense/defense rookie ranking. I'm in one league where sack happy DE's are worth gold, but in my other tackle heavy leagues the LB is king.

Having said that, so many people here use FBG-Zealot type scoring, it may make some sense to combine players from both sides of the ball. For me, it's almost useless. The seperate rankings are more useful in my set of particulars.

I agree Rovers. The scoring for your league will determine the value of all the players. In my league though, an LB having a great game can score as much as a WR. I like to have a separate list of OFF & DEF rookies and a combined list. So in the 8th round of our rookie draft when I'm trying to decide between a low ranked wr and a low ranked db, I have something to help me.

Due to the large variance in IDP scoring in different leagues, I think it's near impossible to have a combined offense/defense rookie ranking. I'm in one league where sack happy DE's are worth gold, but in my other tackle heavy leagues the LB is king. Having said that, so many people here use FBG-Zealot type scoring, it may make some sense to combine players from both sides of the ball. For me, it's almost useless. The seperate rankings are more useful in my set of particulars.
I agree Rovers. The scoring for your league will determine the value of all the players. In my league though, an LB having a great game can score as much as a WR. I like to have a separate list of OFF & DEF rookies and a combined list. So in the 8th round of our rookie draft when I'm trying to decide between a low ranked wr and a low ranked db, I have something to help me.
I agree with both of these.With so much scoring variance and different league setups, it's very hard to do this.It is tough enough with 12 teams vs. bigger (or smaller leagues), but with no real "standard" league setup or scoring for IDP, it makes it very tough.For example, I'd take LBs higher if (A) scoring was higher for them and/or (B) you can start 4 instead of 2 or 3.This year I took Willis and Poz in the first round of Red Dog (actually had 4 picks - and no RBs, which was very odd) - which tells you that in that league, WRs and LBs are weighted more (and it is full 11 IDP).I play in another league with just 1 pt per tackle and only 3 LBs can start, so LBs are worth far less.The best method is to load the Draft Dominator with your scoring system and use the other tools (like Projections Dominator) to figure out what's best to draft. Historical perspective on your league (what players / positions are in Top 20 / 50 / 100) help greatly, and is an option to view in MFL.My :mellow:

the combined list, even without the commentary, would be great

Here's 1-50 of the bloom 100. Im going to write 51-100 soon, but we are currently making our push to get all of our base preseason content and magazine content done, so it might not come til next week. If i get a chance, Ill publish the list sans commentary.

As news has come in from the first wave of minicamps, I am continuing to refine my view of these guys, so as always, subject to change.

I'll pass this along to Norton.

In the meantime, I agree with Jeff, the draft dominator will give you VBD numbers for your specific scoring system based on Norton's (and possibly Bloom's) projections.

Also, Dodds is planning to post a combined Top 200 ADP with IDPs soon.

Bloom 100: 26-50

enjoy.

fielding any questions in this thread.

-bloom
Pertaining to Okwo...have you adjusted your rankings according to the news out of Chicago that Williams has been running in the WLB spot with the first team during OTA's? There was an article saying how good Williams has looked. I read it after I drafted Okwo and now I'm not really expecting anything out of him until 2008 at the earliest if Williams ends up sticking.

Bloom 100: 26-50

enjoy.

fielding any questions in this thread.

-bloom
Pertaining to Okwo...have you adjusted your rankings according to the news out of Chicago that Williams has been running in the WLB spot with the first team during OTA's? There was an article saying how good Williams has looked. I read it after I drafted Okwo and now I'm not really expecting anything out of him until 2008 at the earliest if Williams ends up sticking.
my ranking of Okwo assumes ZERO value for 2007. Okwo can pass Williams once he learns the system, but that will take a bit - remember he's been out of some OTAs/minicamp practices because of the stanford trimester system.

Was Eric Weddle no being on the list an oversight or are you worried about Jue?
I see him moving around, playing some slot corner, some deep coverage. I also dont value DBs very highly as a whole, usually scoring systems don't inflate their stats to equal their value with LBs. Weddle is the first IDP in the next 25.

Users who are viewing this thread