What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interesting take on Cutler (1 Viewer)

My point remains...when Big Ben and Peyton get into that huddle late in a game...their teammates know they are in it and have a great chance to go down and score.I don't think Cutler has proven that to anyone yet. He has time. Not saying he can never do it. Rodgers is in the same boat...proved a bit this past Sunday too.
Hasn't Cutler led quite a few 4th quarter game winning or tying drives in Denver? I don't have a link but I was pretty sure Cutler was one of the leaders in that category last year.Bronco fans?
Has led some...not with his current team...not to the extent of Manning and Ben...and not led anyone to the playoffs.
Next time would you please be more vague when answering? :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone please explain to me why so many people have a hard on for this guy? he has accomplished nothing in his career. i dont care how strong his arm is, theres a whole lot more to playing the position than arm strength. its definitely no more than 10% of playing qb. the guy went out and racked up a 86 passer rating with that great o line, eddie royal and brandon marshall. sure thats not bad, but it sure as hell isnt good. theres plenty of guys id rather have lead my team, and id be willing to say he isnt in the top 15
Names please.
1 brady 2 roethlisberger 3 rodgers 4 rivers 5 brees 6 flacco 7 sanchez 8 hasselbeck 9 ryan 10 mcnabb 11 palmer 12 peyton 13 warner 14 pennington 15 cutlerok i was wrong... he is in the top 15

He's gotten a Super Bowl ring leading one of the most potent offensive attacks in NFL history.
As someone else before mentioned....Kurt WarnerMarshall FaulkIsaac BruceTorry Holtetc.
What does the talent he had have to do with anything? Loaded teams in sports don't always win it all. Someone has to put it all together.
Again, let me remind you of Mike Sherman....Green Bay HC from 2000-2005. He "put together" a very good 56-39 record. He must be an awesome coach! :lmao:
I didn't call Sherman a complete fool either, although he was as a GM.

can someone please explain to me why so many people have a hard on for this guy? he has accomplished nothing in his career. i dont care how strong his arm is, theres a whole lot more to playing the position than arm strength. its definitely no more than 10% of playing qb. the guy went out and racked up a 86 passer rating with that great o line, eddie royal and brandon marshall. sure thats not bad, but it sure as hell isnt good. theres plenty of guys id rather have lead my team, and id be willing to say he isnt in the top 15
Names please.
1 brady 2 roethlisberger 3 rodgers 4 rivers 5 brees 6 flacco 7 sanchez 8 hasselbeck 9 ryan 10 mcnabb 11 palmer 12 peyton 13 warner 14 pennington 15 cutlerok i was wrong... he is in the top 15
might as well throw in a few more.....stafford, leftwich, orton, grossman, st pierre, leaf, wayne gretzky, mike tyson, pete rose, ernest hemingway.....Gee there are a lot better QB's than him. I just had to think outside the box.

Names please.
might as well throw in a few more.....stafford, leftwich, orton, grossman, st pierre, leaf, wayne gretzky, mike tyson, pete rose, ernest hemingway.....Gee there are a lot better QB's than him. I just had to think outside the box.
burn? not sure what youre getting at...

Names please.
burn? not sure what youre getting at...
i have no idea what youre getting at.

Names please.
oops forgot romo... yea cutler isnt top 15

Names please.
oops forgot romo... yea cutler isnt top 15
Ranking QB's is silly since they all have different personnel to work with. That being said if I wanted a QB with the game on the line under 2 minutes it wouldn't be Cutler. Right now anyway.

I don't care how talanted you are, if you can't win I don't want you on my team.

Cutler has a great running game, great defense and he is peeing it all away, and dosen't seem to care on top of it.

One game. Damn there's a lot of ridiculous overreaction in this thread.
My view of Cutler hasn't really changed at all since the start of the game against the Packers. In fact, it's changed very little since before he demanded to be traded.I've been onto him for a while. :thumbup:

Cutler has a great running game, great defense and he is peeing it all away, and dosen't seem to care on top of it.
It was one game. :lmao:
If I mentioned just his 43.2 passer rating,was a major reason for the loss, and he didn't take accountability then I'm talking about one game. Im talking about the fact that he has lost more games than he has won, his TD/INT ratio, and that he chose himself over a whole franchise.But he has a great arm. :goodposting:

I don't care how talanted you are, if you can't win I don't want you on my team.

The Bears had the 21st ranked defense last season. They were 28th ranked in 2007. They haven't had a great defense since 2006. Their rep has been far greater than their production the past two seasons.

The Bears had the 21st ranked defense last season. They were 28th ranked in 2007. They haven't had a great defense since 2006. Their rep has been far greater than their production the past two seasons.
Well played sir.

Wait . . . I thought the only reason Orton won any games was because of the great defense :towelwave:

That may be the worst list I have ever seen. :lol:

I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
The bolded is absolutely perfect.
chicago sports radio (670 the score I think) refers to this as his "jerk face".
let me guess...........bores and bernstein?
yessir... Go Pack.

The difference is Peyton has won.
This.I really don't care how much of a jerk or non jerk Cutler may be. But if he throws interceptions and doesn't win, the "jerk element" will be emphasized. If he starts winning, it will be minimized. Winning solves all problems. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were called much worse things than Cutler until they started winning. When you win, selfishness suddenly becomes a necessary recognition of your own abilities.

Cutler had a very bad first half and a good solid second half. He was not the reason they lost in the end. The last interception was not his fault it was the receiver who cut short his route.

Anyways, Cutler will be the starting QB in Chicago longer than Lovie will be coach.

I don't care who called that horrible punt fake ultimately the head coach is responsible for that call.

Seems like Lovie's buddies trying to throw the QB under the bus in a preemptive strike.

Does Cutler have maturity issues? Probably but he can be a winner with the right coach.

Lovie may not be that coach though.

I don't think Lovie has anything to worry about for a while, the Bears are historically cheap and aren't going to get rid of him while he's making big dollars no matter how badly things go. In another couple years it may be a different story. By then the Broncos will be done shelling out 7 million a year for Shanahan to be the highest paid coach in the league still and maybe we can look his direction. :shrug:

The difference is Peyton has won.
This.I really don't care how much of a jerk or non jerk Cutler may be. But if he throws interceptions and doesn't win, the "jerk element" will be emphasized. If he starts winning, it will be minimized. Winning solves all problems. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were called much worse things than Cutler until they started winning. When you win, selfishness suddenly becomes a necessary recognition of your own abilities.
With his current .447 win percentage he should not have the ego that he dose, I agree if he turns it around and wins most people will care less about how he acts.

I don't think Lovie has anything to worry about for a while, the Bears are historically cheap and aren't going to get rid of him while he's making big dollars no matter how badly things go. In another couple years it may be a different story. By then the Broncos will be done shelling out 7 million a year for Shanahan to be the highest paid coach in the league still and maybe we can look his direction. :shrug:
Lovie needs to worry. He does. If the Bears have a bad year this year I think he is gone.Bottom line is that he isn't that good a head coach. He knows football but too many stupid things like that fake punt happen under his watch.

And getting your friends to call out your new franchise QB after 1 game isn't going to help things. Which is worse? A QB not defending one of your hack receivers who shouldn't even be on the field because he isn't talented enough OR as a coach getting your friends to call out your new franchise QB after one game because you don't like his attitude?

The problem is Lovie might not like Cutler but Lovie isn't exactly dealing out of a position of strength and he knows there is nothing he can do about it so instead he uses his friends to make excuses for him.

I have not seen the press conference, so I cannot speak to that - but I think the QB has to fall on his sword in public in those situations - even if the WRs ran the wrong route every play. When you have earned the respect of a Manning or a Favre you can get away with an occasional bus throw. But, when you are still learning to win, its best to keep your head down, and not blame your teammates when things go wrong.You address those issues (bad play by the WRs) in the locker room and on the practice field. Cutler seems very willing to pass the blame in these situations - he did it in Denver, and it seems like he might be doing it again in Chicago. He may be right - but he will never rally the troops with that type of blame game.
Cutler was CORRECT when he passed the blame in Denver, after he got to Chicago..he ONLY threw for 4,500 yards..last year..and while his HORRIBLE defense, special teams, and running game was in complete chaos...he did do HIS.. job, and he didn't complain, to the press about the awful draft picks over the past TEN YEARS..since Elway..while in Denver..either..Jay Cutler was the only bright spot on a dismal team..the whole season..The rest of the team totally sucked..in ALL departments..Cutler did his job, the Bronco's owner and new coach are the one's who didn't stand for him when they lied to him and told him as the rumors surfaced about the trade, telling him that he wasn't going to be..traded, and then ..trading him..the coach and owner Bolen handled this whole situation totally unprofessionally from the start..and could have handled it differently...but didn't..I would be angry too, after giving my all on the field, and never causing trouble, being a team guy, the fans loving me..and standing with me, and then being disrespected...we would all feel rejected, and probably react..as he did, call it a 'business" but it is personal too..as quarterbacks DO have..feelings..and are HUMAN..he did everything that he was asked to do..and performed as a #1 draft pick would..hey Denver good luck replacing a franchise quarterback the hardest position to fill in the NFL..Cutler was a TEAM GUY..while in Denver..and Cutler let me remind you experts..was the ONE who wanted to STAY in Denver..and wanted to be apart of the new team that would be able to turn this situation around..yes he's not the pretty baby face soap opera wanna be...in New England, that has had loads of talent surrounding him. Fact: The very best player draft man in the NFL Scott Paoli leaves New England for Kansas City and he will turn KC around in time, and we will see how good Bela-cheat is in time..without Paoli bringing in the right players. A good coach is a factor, but without the players...his team will be average at best in time. You can ALREADY.. see the difference in New England's shabby 2009 defense, which will stop no one this year..New england will have a winning season, and still have a great offense, but Brady will may to come from behind ALOT this year..and their defense won't take them far in the playoffs..Agreed..Cutler needs someone to mentor him in the P.R department, maybe an older player..but he is who he is..and he does show up on game day..and if you give him any crap, he will just get pissed and throw strikes for touch downs...that's pretty much how they do it in the south..and BTW someone replied, that he only has a 50% win ratio [college/Pro] well please understand the GOOD draft picks go to bad NFL teams, and I believe cutlers school, Vandy LOST way more games than they won, while at Vandy they finished last ..or something..his senior year, but didn't he receive the ..MVP Award from his conference? There ya go...yea he was ..amazing..The last fact is he doesn't have to justify himself to anyone but the Bears fans..and the owners and surely not to us..and you cannot judge a player in ONE game..on a NEW team..who was nervous, in his first game..and then played well in the second half..yes thanks Mr. Jay Cutler will be fine..and understand that 80% of the fantasy experts in the room cannot name ONE bears..receiver..Cutler will "make" their names..The bottom line is that Cutler does need to let the PAST GO..and move on and move forward..winning seems to help in that area...

I'm not a Cutler fan, but I think Dungy and Martz are taking themselves too seriously here. Bill Belichick gives horrible press conferences too. Nobody cares about press conferences, except the press. It's just a collection of bad cliches and stupid questions that don't get answered. So Cutler is bad at pretending he cares about delivering cliches in a more professional manner. All that means is that he'll never get a job as a broadcaster after his career is over. But it doesn't make him a bad QB. Throwing 4 picks in a game is what makes you a bad QB. Hopefully he can bounce back next week.

I have not seen the press conference, so I cannot speak to that - but I think the QB has to fall on his sword in public in those situations - even if the WRs ran the wrong route every play. When you have earned the respect of a Manning or a Favre you can get away with an occasional bus throw. But, when you are still learning to win, its best to keep your head down, and not blame your teammates when things go wrong.You address those issues (bad play by the WRs) in the locker room and on the practice field. Cutler seems very willing to pass the blame in these situations - he did it in Denver, and it seems like he might be doing it again in Chicago. He may be right - but he will never rally the troops with that type of blame game.
Cutler was CORRECT when he passed the blame in Denver, after he got to Chicago..he ONLY threw for 4,500 yards..last year..and while his HORRIBLE defense, special teams, and running game was in complete chaos...he did do HIS.. job, and he didn't complain, to the press about the awful draft picks over the past TEN YEARS..since Elway..while in Denver..either..Jay Cutler was the only bright spot on a dismal team..the whole season..The rest of the team totally sucked..in ALL departments..Cutler did his job, the Bronco's owner and new coach are the one's who didn't stand for him when they lied to him and told him as the rumors surfaced about the trade, telling him that he wasn't going to be..traded, and then ..trading him..the coach and owner Bolen handled this whole situation totally unprofessionally from the start..and could have handled it differently...but didn't..I would be angry too, after giving my all on the field, and never causing trouble, being a team guy, the fans loving me..and standing with me, and then being disrespected...we would all feel rejected, and probably react..as he did, call it a 'business" but it is personal too..as quarterbacks DO have..feelings..and are HUMAN..he did everything that he was asked to do..and performed as a #1 draft pick would..hey Denver good luck replacing a franchise quarterback the hardest position to fill in the NFL..Cutler was a TEAM GUY..while in Denver..and Cutler let me remind you experts..was the ONE who wanted to STAY in Denver..and wanted to be apart of the new team that would be able to turn this situation around..yes he's not the pretty baby face soap opera wanna be...in New England, that has had loads of talent surrounding him. Fact: The very best player draft man in the NFL Scott Paoli leaves New England for Kansas City and he will turn KC around in time, and we will see how good Bela-cheat is in time..without Paoli bringing in the right players. A good coach is a factor, but without the players...his team will be average at best in time. You can ALREADY.. see the difference in New England's shabby 2009 defense, which will stop no one this year..New england will have a winning season, and still have a great offense, but Brady will may to come from behind ALOT this year..and their defense won't take them far in the playoffs..Agreed..Cutler needs someone to mentor him in the P.R department, maybe an older player..but he is who he is..and he does show up on game day..and if you give him any crap, he will just get pissed and throw strikes for touch downs...that's pretty much how they do it in the south..and BTW someone replied, that he only has a 50% win ratio [college/Pro] well please understand the GOOD draft picks go to bad NFL teams, and I believe cutlers school, Vandy LOST way more games than they won, while at Vandy they finished last ..or something..his senior year, but didn't he receive the ..MVP Award from his conference? There ya go...yea he was ..amazing..The last fact is he doesn't have to justify himself to anyone but the Bears fans..and the owners and surely not to us..and you cannot judge a player in ONE game..on a NEW team..who was nervous, in his first game..and then played well in the second half..yes thanks Mr. Jay Cutler will be fine..and understand that 80% of the fantasy experts in the room cannot name ONE bears..receiver..Cutler will "make" their names..The bottom line is that Cutler does need to let the PAST GO..and move on and move forward..winning seems to help in that area...
:goodposting: The Bear's came so close to winning this game and if they had all these Sunday QBs would be eating crow. Having your friends call out your QB? That's so Middle School. I would love to represent Jay and help him with the PR. He is a gamer and I guarantee he will improve the Bears.

do people understand what it's like being a bears fan? year after year, we've suffered at the hands of qbs not fit to throw pies.

it's so refreshing to see something different. at best, we've had qbs who can do 3 things - hand off the ball, throw the ball into the sidelines, or do that stupid wr screen that never seems to work.

i'm so tired of this...i was so happy when they made the trade. those draft picks we gave up, they would've been a bunch of injured gimps the way angelo's been drafting the past few years.

seems like a lot of bronco fans liked getting orton. maybe mcdaniels can turn him into an awesome qb. or maybe it's the air in denver.

they've had elway, plummer, cutler.

i'm not going to bother to list what the chicago bears had during those times.

do i sound desperate? we've had years and years of the same thing. i mean why not take the gamble instead of the same old chicago bears formula.

we're not asking cutler to run a business. we're asking him to win football games. fine, he's pissed after the loss.

i'd rather have a guy who's pissed after the games then somebody sitting there being all polite and ready to collect a paycheck the next day.

at this point i could probably be fine with the guy eating paste at the press conference as long as his arm's a howitzer.

seriously people read too much into it. of course if you win a championship you could take a squat in the middle of the room and everyone would act like gold was coming out of your ###.

there are so many articles where we read about quarterbacks who've won in the past and lose in ping pong. so they get pissed, buy a table, and practice 8 hours a day.

in the articles they'll praise him as being a competitor. if someone did that in real life that's borderline crazy.

of course if he's throwing tables and assaulting people after the game, then it's a problem....unless he wins a championship.

I love that we're Monday morning quarterbacking his press conferences. You know, Cutler's problem is that he locks on to one line of response, and everyone can see where he's going with it, but he just keeps forcing it in there. The best QBs spend endless hours studying film so that they can see what the press is going to bring at them. You have to be poised, sit up tall in front of the microphone, and be a leader up there. You have to be patient out there. You don't have to make things happen with every response. Sometimes you just have to take what the question gives you, and if you're under pressure from reporters it's okay to give a throwaway answer and come back at them on the next question. Cutler's still working on that - sometimes he tries to force things. Mistakes will kill you. You can give a bunch of beautiful responses, but if you try to fit a few phrases where they just don't go you can blow the whole interview. Some teams just look for someone to manage the press conference, and others let their QB freelance and fling their answers all over the place, but the elite QBs can deliver pinpoint responses to any spot in the room. You have to have the maturity, though, to know that your voice can't do everything.

I love that we're Monday morning quarterbacking his press conferences. You know, Cutler's problem is that he locks on to one line of response, and everyone can see where he's going with it, but he just keeps forcing it in there. The best QBs spend endless hours studying film so that they can see what the press is going to bring at them. You have to be poised, sit up tall in front of the microphone, and be a leader up there. You have to be patient out there. You don't have to make things happen with every response. Sometimes you just have to take what the question gives you, and if you're under pressure from reporters it's okay to give a throwaway answer and come back at them on the next question. Cutler's still working on that - sometimes he tries to force things. Mistakes will kill you. You can give a bunch of beautiful responses, but if you try to fit a few phrases where they just don't go you can blow the whole interview. Some teams just look for someone to manage the press conference, and others let their QB freelance and fling their answers all over the place, but the elite QBs can deliver pinpoint responses to any spot in the room. You have to have the maturity, though, to know that your voice can't do everything.
:confused:

Just saw this at CBS. What a breath of fresh air that Jay Cutler is. Picking his teammates up and taking one for the team.

Jay Cutler, QB CHINews: Hailed as a franchise savior after the blockbuster trade from Denver, Bears QB Jay Cutler threw a dud in a season-opening loss at Green Bay. Four interceptions had fans buzzing for the worst. On Wednesday, he vowed to do better when defending champion Pittsburgh visits this week. "Any time you put a defense in a hole like I did with four picks it's going to be tough. I've got to limit that," Cutler said, adding he was disappointed in his own performance. "But on a good note, we did some good things out there. We made some plays, our receivers played well, the line played well. I've just got to pick it up."

Just saw this at CBS. What a breath of fresh air that Jay Cutler is. Picking his teammates up and taking one for the team.

Jay Cutler, QB CHINews: Hailed as a franchise savior after the blockbuster trade from Denver, Bears QB Jay Cutler threw a dud in a season-opening loss at Green Bay. Four interceptions had fans buzzing for the worst. On Wednesday, he vowed to do better when defending champion Pittsburgh visits this week. "Any time you put a defense in a hole like I did with four picks it's going to be tough. I've got to limit that," Cutler said, adding he was disappointed in his own performance. "But on a good note, we did some good things out there. We made some plays, our receivers played well, the line played well. I've just got to pick it up."
Comments like that are good to hear. It shows Cutler is maturing a bit. It might take a while before he gets all of the way there, but an attitude and comments like that are a good start. :confused: :shrug:

:lol:This is what a QB should say in public - even if he is believes otherwise. The time to be critical at this juncture is in the meeting rooms and on the practice field. It is the old adage - praise in public, scold in private.

Brett Favre is very immature too because he wanted to unretire and play for the jetsw and then do it again with the Vikings.

Now obviously Im joking, but is every player immature who wants out of a bad situation or maybe even a contract?

do people understand what it's like being a bears fan? year after year, we've suffered at the hands of qbs not fit to throw pies. it's so refreshing to see something different.
yeah, yeah....I got bombarded w/this schtick when grossman was blowin' up.4 picks is only different in that it's one or two more than usual.

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
:goodposting: CLASSIC!(And so true.)

Not sure if this is posted.

Thought it was an interesting stat...from Cutler's horrible game.

Bears wideouts produced biggest day since '04

Posted: 9/17/2009 2:57 p.m.

Jay Cutler has been widely criticized following the first four-interception game of his NFL career Sunday night in Green Bay. But the Bears quarterback helped his young wide receivers post big numbers in the loss to the Packers.

Earl Bennett (7 receptions for 66 yards), Devin Hester (4-90) and Johnny Knox (2-82) combined for 238 yards, the most by Bears wide receivers in a game since Nov. 24, 2002 when Marty Booker (10-157), Dez White (8-106), Ahmad Merritt (3-24) and Marcus Robinson (1-3) generated 290 yards in a 20-17 overtime win over the Lions.

Briggs already considered himself a leader

tdmills said:
Not sure if this is posted.Thought it was an interesting stat...from Cutler's horrible game.Bears wideouts produced biggest day since '04 Posted: 9/17/2009 2:57 p.m.Jay Cutler has been widely criticized following the first four-interception game of his NFL career Sunday night in Green Bay. But the Bears quarterback helped his young wide receivers post big numbers in the loss to the Packers.Earl Bennett (7 receptions for 66 yards), Devin Hester (4-90) and Johnny Knox (2-82) combined for 238 yards, the most by Bears wide receivers in a game since Nov. 24, 2002 when Marty Booker (10-157), Dez White (8-106), Ahmad Merritt (3-24) and Marcus Robinson (1-3) generated 290 yards in a 20-17 overtime win over the Lions.Briggs already considered himself a leader

RIDICULOUS early criticisms of Cutler. He is trying to gel a group of wide recievers finding their way in the NFL and a TE that was taken out of the game against GB. It was so obvious he was forcing the ball into coverage- other gunslingers do- see young Farve. Give the GB defense under Capers some credit as well- lets see how Palmer does this weekend

I would say this thread is screaming for a midseason reevaluation!

RIDICULOUS early criticisms of Cutler. He is trying to gel a group of wide recievers finding their way in the NFL and a TE that was taken out of the game against GB. It was so obvious he was forcing the ball into coverage- other gunslingers do- see young Farve. Give the GB defense under Capers some credit as well- lets see how Palmer does this weekendI would say this thread is screaming for a midseason reevaluation!
[KIGE]I agree with this![\KIGE]

The Bears will win this weekend and everybody will have to shut their mouths. The Packers have a playoff caliber squad and the Bears gave them everything they could handle. Even without Urlacher, I am sorry, but they are solid at every position on D. I think people are going to be pretty surprised.

By the way...that list that whoever posted with Cutler being #15....lol. Sanchez, Pennington, Hasselbeck better than JC?!?! Also, no Favre in the top 15? Those are pretty egregious errors and sort of are a hinderence in your quest to make a point.

I fully agree that leadership and poise is a critical part of the QB position but I think the jury is still out on Cutler re: that, even if it may not look like he is headed in the right direction on that front. What blows my mind is that people are calling Phillip Rivers a leader; he has done little, if anything, to deserve that designation.
:lmao: How about patching his knee up and playing a playoff game with a torn ACL

By the way...that list that whoever posted with Cutler being #15....lol. Sanchez, Pennington, Hasselbeck better than JC?!?! Also, no Favre in the top 15? Those are pretty egregious errors and sort of are a hinderence in your quest to make a point.
pennington threw for a 67% completion rate, only giving up 7 picks, to take a 1 win team to 11-5 and win one of the toughest divisions in football --- all this w/pretty much crap at wr.cutler, on the other hand, threw for 62% completions, handing out 18 picks like they were halloween candy, and stumbling home at .500 in one of the worst divisions in football --- while throwing to marshall and royal.oh, sorry ---- did you mean jesus christ?

The Bears will win this weekend and everybody will have to shut their mouths. The Packers have a playoff caliber squad and the Bears gave them everything they could handle. Even without Urlacher, I am sorry, but they are solid at every position on D. I think people are going to be pretty surprised.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread