What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a curse with TNF? (1 Viewer)

Phenix

Footballguy
The streak of 54 games has come to an end for Brees, he throws a career high for picks. No one really ever performs on the TNF stage. Is this as cursed as the Madden cover or are the matchups what are to be desired?

I don't know that its a "curse" so much as a lack of rest and time to prepare for the games. The NFL is a physical tough league and especially for the older players their bodies may just need more time than a few days to fully prepare for a game.

The streak of 54 games has come to an end for Brees, he throws a career high for picks. No one really ever performs on the TNF stage. Is this as cursed as the Madden cover or are the matchups what are to be desired?
No curse, just trash. TNF is trash.

No curse, just watered-down football because of the short week.
It would seem that way for most Thursday night games this year but somehow seemed to have no impact on the Thanksgiving day games, most of which started earlier.

I definitely shy away from the road team on these games. Except played Colston last night due to the matchup and didn't do too bad.

There's no Madden cover curse. How old are you, five?

It would seem that way for most Thursday night games this year but somehow seemed to have no impact on the Thanksgiving day games, most of which started earlier.
Mark Sanchez disagrees.
Sanchez threw for 300 yards and a score on Thanksgiving, that is going a monster game for him.
Yep, Thanksgiving games all featured big-time offensive performances. I mean Sanchez put up 300 yards. Maybe it was the extra motivation of playing on the holiday, but I wouldn't think of that as motivation for professional athletes. This game (Atl-No) pointed to some big points being scored, but it just didn't deliver. On the Falcons end, the 3 and out streak in the 2nd and 3rd quarters really took away any rhythm of the offense. The Saints seemed like they had the ball forever, but the INTs kept them off the scoreboard and when they did score, it was field goals.

Mark Sanchez disagrees.
Sanchez threw for 300 yards and a score on Thanksgiving, that is going a monster game for him.
That's proof enough. When that turd can throw like that, there is something wrong.

'Chazzhawk said:
'FUBAR said:
'menobrown said:
'One said:
Mark Sanchez disagrees.
Good point. He still played like an incompetent boob.

'Chazzhawk said:
'FUBAR said:
'menobrown said:
'One said:
Mark Sanchez disagrees.
Good point. He still played like an incompetent boob.
Then Thursday truly had no impact since he plays like that on Sundays as well.

'Jello_Biafra said:
Seriously? That is your response to something that is very well known or discussed regardless of your opinion? Whats are you, five?

'Jello_Biafra said:
Seriously? That is your response to something that is very well known or discussed regardless of your opinion? Whats are you, five?
:lmao: :lmao: You actually believe in the Madden curse?

'Jello_Biafra said:
Yes, Phen, that is my response. Sorry I didn't delve more deeply into this riveting topic that you started. I should have taken the Madden curse in conjuncture with the TNF curse a bit more seriously. On another note, replying to someone's post by repeating what the original post you were replying to is bad form. I asked if you were five because reading your posts, you come across as an idiot, or rather as ignorant. I asked if you were five because I was hoping you were. Now I know that you're just a moron that believes in curses.

Users who are viewing this thread