What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jahvid Best (1 Viewer)

He was playing hurt against an excellent defense (look what they did to Arian Foster the week before). He'll have more big games before the year is through.

Best hasn't been killing me, since he's still getting decent (not great, but acceptable) points in a PPR...but I'll admit that I am a little frustrated with his production as my #2 back. It's almost a relief to not have to worry about him this week and just start someone else in his place.

When he plays, I kind of feel like I have to put him out there because of his upside.

Best hasn't been killing me, since he's still getting decent (not great, but acceptable) points in a PPR...but I'll admit that I am a little frustrated with his production as my #2 back. It's almost a relief to not have to worry about him this week and just start someone else in his place.When he plays, I kind of feel like I have to put him out there because of his upside.
My thoughts exactly. I know a few peeps who didn't start him in week 2 (I did, thank goodness), and that thought makes me keeping starting him every week. If I benched him and he busted out for another big week like that, I would be irate with myself.

Think he still has some good games coming for sure.

1. Team is very competitive week in week out.

2. Hill was great but Stafford due back after the bye.

3. Hopefully bye week helps his toesies.

4. Still no real threat to take carries away. Just enough Kevin Smith mixed in..which is fine by me.

5. Seems like they have had some long TDs last few weeks so that will average itself out and hopefully he can get some close range TDs.

So here's the question...is Kevin Smith worth picking up as a handcuff? I currently have him, but I was thinking about dropping him for either Mike Williams (Sea) or Woodhead.

when i drafted best/mathews i thought it was a lock i had the rookie of the year unless spiller blew up.

unless something changes big time... it's gonna be bradford just for playing every game and producing something.

when i drafted best/mathews i thought it was a lock i had the rookie of the year unless spiller blew up.unless something changes big time... it's gonna be bradford just for playing every game and producing something.
I drafted Best and Spiller. I think I've learned my lesson about putting too much value on rookies.

Traded Best & B.Tate for D. Jackson & Hernandez last week. Love the #'s Jackson put up, hate the concussion.

Jahvid Best is now dealing with a turf toe injury on both of his feet.

Anyone else see this? When did he get Tt on both feet?

It is obvious he is not the same back with the injuries - lacking explosion and lateral moves....hopefully the bye helps, but I think he will be dealing with this all year.

Buy low. I think he's all ready showing he's no McFadden by being on the field with this toe problem. It might still effect his career but at least he will try. Oh, and this Giants game is a wash. The way their D has been playing, you can't have expected much from Best this week.

Jahvid Best is now dealing with a turf toe injury on both of his feet.Anyone else see this? When did he get Tt on both feet?
Weeks ago, wasn't it? It's been both feet for at least 2, maybe 3 games.
Seriously? He got the original turf toe week 3 following his breakout game. It's only been three weeks since that game and I don't remember reading anything anywhere that mentioned a toe injury to both feet. Can anyone point me to a news break about the second toe injury?This would have been good info to have two weeks ago when I decided to send SJax packing instead of him.

If someone had told you before the season that Best would he heading into his bye with 500+ total yards, 5 td's, and 31 catches, I think you would've been pretty happy. Sure, a chunk of it came in that one game, but didn't you sort of expect some peaks and valleys with him this year? He's still very valuable in a PPR league and I don't see that changing as we move forward. The week off is coming at the ideal time.

They never mentioned how he Turfed the second toe , they just revealed it yesterday. Unless it was both toes when the origiginal injury happened. I still got to give him some credit. He has been playing with turf toe on both feet. Thats some pain tolerence. Ive seen guys sit out 6 weeks with Turf Toe. Sure the 2 week break will help.

TS Garp said:
If someone had told you before the season that Best would he heading into his bye with 500+ total yards, 5 td's, and 31 catches, I think you would've been pretty happy. Sure, a chunk of it came in that one game, but didn't you sort of expect some peaks and valleys with him this year? He's still very valuable in a PPR league and I don't see that changing as we move forward. The week off is coming at the ideal time.
:( Especially when you consider that he achieved much of this with Stafford out...

He had a toe injury in camp or prior to camp and then the one 3 weeks ago. Maybe that's the two. If so, the first one Best claimed was healed before the season started.

Clifford said:
videoguy505 said:
Clifford said:
Jahvid Best is now dealing with a turf toe injury on both of his feet.Anyone else see this? When did he get Tt on both feet?
Seriously? He got the original turf toe week 3 following his breakout game. It's only been three weeks since that game and I don't remember reading anything anywhere that mentioned a toe injury to both feet. Can anyone point me to a news break about the second toe injury?This would have been good info to have two weeks ago when I decided to send SJax packing instead of him.
Seriously, I was watching the week 4 game and the announcers brought up him playing through turf toe on both feet.

Clifford said:
videoguy505 said:
Clifford said:
Seriously, I was watching the week 4 game and the announcers brought up him playing through turf toe on both feet.
same here

So here's the question...is Kevin Smith worth picking up as a handcuff? I currently have him, but I was thinking about dropping him for either Mike Williams (Sea) or Woodhead.
I think so. I'm actually planning to do the opposite, picking up Smith after the bye, thereby locking up the Det RB position for the rest of the year. Smith should also get better the further removed he is from his torn ACL last year...

They never mentioned how he Turfed the second toe , they just revealed it yesterday. Unless it was both toes when the origiginal injury happened. I still got to give him some credit. He has been playing with turf toe on both feet. Thats some pain tolerence. Ive seen guys sit out 6 weeks with Turf Toe. Sure the 2 week break will help.
:wub: I remember reading at least two weeks ago that Best had turf toe on both feet.

He has not looked the same since the toe injuries. He is playing, yes, but he doesn't have much burst. I think you might not see him really have that flash till next year.

These are the points Best has put up in my PPR league. Not great numbers the last few weeks, but beside Week 3 when he hardly played, has been double digits every week. People were going crazy toward the start of the season taking best late 2nd/mid 3rd. But if you got him in the 4th round or later where you should have, he is a good RB#2/Flex to go along with your top wr's ,qb, or rb's from the first rounds.

I will take a 10 point floor with crazy upside anyday from the RB#2 spot. EXCELLENT flex player. Micheal Turner is #20 back in my league with 58 points so even at his 10 pt floor per game, Best is a top 20 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: I remember reading at least two weeks ago that Best had turf toe on both feet.
Yep. The Player News on Best in my Sportsline league mentions a "new" turf toe injury as of Sept 26, posted a little while after he left the week 3 game vs. the Vikings.Him having it in both feet isn't new.

What's the deal wiyth Best? Isd it time to givbe up on him yet? I'm gettting squatt producition out of hjim at this pont.
Jahvid Best is currently the 18th ranked player in my league based on production. So if you have a 16 man roster and have the 16 out of 17 players in the league who have scored more than Best this year, then yes, you should give up on the poor chap who has only been the 18th highest scorer in fantasy. I'm sure your scoring is different, perhaps he is ranked 22nd? Or maybe even 25th!!! If that's the case, rush to the door and don't look back. This slouch will never crack the top 16 of your roster.(due to the nature of this joke, please disregard the fact that 7 or 8 of the top 25 may be QBs)As an added note, i really think that fantasy football fans are the most fickle out of all fans, and that's saying something. Bowe just went off this week, if this board and its fickleness is any indication, I'm putting an offer, Bowe for Nicks straight up, and i think the Nicks owner will fall all over himself hitting accept. He may even feel bad for taking advantage of me, and throw in Beenie Wells after the fact.

Traded Best & B.Tate for D. Jackson & Hernandez last week. Love the #'s Jackson put up, hate the concussion.
Wow, that is a bad trade in my opinion. Hernandez is nice, but let's call him slightly more valuable than a number of TEs you can find on the waivers like Pettigrew. D Jackson basically for Best? No way. Unless you are desparate at WR, and this is a non-ppr redraft league, i think you got the worst of it by a good margin. If it is a keeper league, you were taken out back, if it is a redraft non-ppr, then i think it is ok. I may have a slight affinity for Best which may cloud my judgement though --i just love watching him play. So take what i say with a grain of salt.

Wow, that is a bad trade in my opinion. Hernandez is nice, but let's call him slightly more valuable than a number of TEs you can find on the waivers like Pettigrew. D Jackson basically for Best? No way. Unless you are desparate at WR, and this is a non-ppr redraft league, i think you got the worst of it by a good margin. If it is a keeper league, you were taken out back, if it is a redraft non-ppr, then i think it is ok. I may have a slight affinity for Best which may cloud my judgement though --i just love watching him play. So take what i say with a grain of salt.
I have White, L.Moore, MSW, Knox in this 14 teamer so DeSean i think is a good add.I've got Bradshaw and Sjax & can't start a 3rd RB, and they've been more reliable and scoring about the same or better than Best other than his big week. DeSean, before he got hurt I was expecting to get back to scoring 20+ points a game when Vick came back. Now he's hurt, hopefully for only a few weeks.So I improve my starting WRs by losing a guy I'd probably have rotated depending on the matchups. I felt the chance I start Best and he has another huge game was small compared to DeSean who had 2 really nice games with Vick, I can start him every game, and I really like WRs where there is a talented backup QB.I have Gates so Hernandez is a good bye & injury fill in. With how Gates was performing I kind of considered him my #1 WR, R. White my #2 and looked for DeSean to out perform my opponents TE. I'd gotten some good games fro L.Moore but got a 0 as well and Bush is coming back. It is a gamble. Nicks, Wayne, Miles were the only WRs I liked better at the time, and I wasn't able to get one of them. Henne scares me off of Marshall, Colston is inconsistent with Brees not playing like last year and spreading the ball around. it's redraft btw.

20525111310These are the points Best has put up in my PPR league. Not great numbers the last few weeks, but beside Week 3 when he hardly played, has been double digits every week. People were going crazy toward the start of the season taking best late 2nd/mid 3rd. But if you got him in the 4th round or later where you should have, he is a good RB#2/Flex to go along with your top wr's ,qb, or rb's from the first rounds.I will take a 10 point floor with crazy upside anyday from the RB#2 spot. EXCELLENT flex player. Micheal Turner is #20 back in my league with 58 points so even at his 10 pt floor per game, Best is a top 20 back.
Which is why PPR is for little girls. Sorry but the guy had an absolutely awful game vs. the Giants but gets rewarded with 10pts.Just plain stupid ... PPR opinions don't count

20525111310These are the points Best has put up in my PPR league. Not great numbers the last few weeks, but beside Week 3 when he hardly played, has been double digits every week. People were going crazy toward the start of the season taking best late 2nd/mid 3rd. But if you got him in the 4th round or later where you should have, he is a good RB#2/Flex to go along with your top wr's ,qb, or rb's from the first rounds.I will take a 10 point floor with crazy upside anyday from the RB#2 spot. EXCELLENT flex player. Micheal Turner is #20 back in my league with 58 points so even at his 10 pt floor per game, Best is a top 20 back.
Which is why PPR is for little girls. Sorry but the guy had an absolutely awful game vs. the Giants but gets rewarded with 10pts.Just plain stupid ... PPR opinions don't count
:confused:

buy lowback to studly next game after taking off the week he should have taken off 4 weeks ago
sell high (sorta)Just dealt Best and Brady for Peterson and Favre today (I have Orton also). I think this gets rejected 8 or 9 out of 10 times...but I got lucky dealing with a 1-6 team that wanted to shake things up (redraft).

buy lowback to studly next game after taking off the week he should have taken off 4 weeks ago
sell high (sorta)Just dealt Best and Brady for Peterson and Favre today (I have Orton also). I think this gets rejected 8 or 9 out of 10 times...but I got lucky dealing with a 1-6 team that wanted to shake things up (redraft).
Well I wouldnt call that a sell high, but a good sell on your part. I definitely hope he isnt currently producing ABOVE his norm. That would be some what alarming.

If best rests his turf toe for these 2 weeks, is there a chance the toes could be somewhat good to go? What is the typical healing time of turf toe?
From a quick Google search, as Best was reported to have a a Grade II injury:
Grade II turf toe injuries are considered moderate in severity. They present with more diffuse tenderness, swelling, restricted range of motion and usually are mildly black and blue in appearance. There is usually a partial tear of the supporting ligaments but no articular cartilage damage.Grade I injuries do well with strapping and usually only require a few days of rest. Grade II injuries should adhere to the “RICE” principles above and usually require one to two weeks of missed practices and games. Grade III injuries are more severe injuries and the healing process may take four to six weeks of recovery time from physical activities. Sometimes, Grade III turf toe injuries do not heal appropriately with conservative care and result in chronic pain and instability. Surgical reconstruction of the joint capsule, ligaments and articular cartilage may be necessary to restore proper alignment and function in these extreme cases.

:lmao: and :2cents:

News Articles > Best almost over turf toe injuryPublished Tue Oct 26 5:50:00 p.m. ET 2010 (Rotoworld) Coach Jim Schwartz indicated Tuesday that Jahvid Best is close to putting his turf toe injury in the "rear-view mirror."Analysis: Best reportedly looked strong in Tuesday's side work. The Lions will use caution in practice this week, but Best will be nearly at full strength for Sunday. His production had taken a dive since coming down with the injury a month ago, so this is welcome news.
:headbang:

FWIW, the FBG Wk 8 Cheatsheet and the Top 200 Fwd both still really, really, really like this guy, esp in PPR.

My expectations are a little lower than theirs at this point, but I do think he should be a very solid RB2 rest of the way. Looking forward to seeing what he does Sunday.

Has anyone heard anything? This situation is very weird to me. He has turf toe - then all of a sudden it was reported he had it on both feet (but referred to like we all knew that weeks ago). I did not know that weeks ago. What does everyone think? Will this linger all year? Or is it healed simply from a bye week?

I am surprised there really isn't more info. FBG seems to be pretty high on him if you look at their 250 forward. Plus he isn't reported in their Players in the News regarding practicing with the toe injuries.

I'd love to know more. Any Detroit homers hearing things locally?!

Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything? This situation is very weird to me. He has turf toe - then all of a sudden it was reported he had it on both feet (but referred to like we all knew that weeks ago). I did not know that weeks ago. What does everyone think? Will this linger all year? Or is it healed simply from a bye week?
It was reported a few weeks ago that he had turf toe on both feet. I think it will linger all season since he hasn't rested enough for it to completely heal.

It was reported a few weeks ago that he had turf toe on both feet. I think it will linger all season since he hasn't rested enough for it to completely heal.
Wasn't it just mentioned above that he is, in fact, almost 100%?

Where? What source? Speculation by CBS or a real report from a doctor or the team?

Where? What source? Speculation by CBS or a real report from a doctor or the team?
Visit My Website

:goodposting:

Visit My Website
That I saw - but just scared it might be coachspeak. Curious what a doctor's opinion is, as that is more important. Many times coaches say they are confident in their player, yada yada. Just scares me that the double turf toe wasn't really known and then just sort of announced in the game.

From CBS:

News: The Detroit Free-Press reports Wednesday that Lions RB Jahvid Best took part in position drills at practice, and he's expected to play in Week 8 against the Redskins despite still dealing with the nagging toe injury. Best returned to practice after working on the side Tuesday to rest his turf toe.

Analysis: Best might not be 100 percent healthy with the toe injury, but he's expected to play against the Redskins, which means he's worth using as a starting option in all leagues. The Redskins are allowing 114 rushing yards per game with three touchdowns on the season, and we consider Best at least a No. 2 Fantasy RB in the majority of formats.

Users who are viewing this thread