What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Brown Hype Train- Not as bad of reach as I thought (1 Viewer)

Looks like the hamstring tightened up. For a speed receiver playing on Monday, this isn't good. I'm sure he'll go to questionable now and those late week downgrades are never good news.
Same scenario happened last week before the Steelers game and he put up career-best stats.

Looks like the hamstring tightened up. For a speed receiver playing on Monday, this isn't good. I'm sure he'll go to questionable now and those late week downgrades are never good news.
Same scenario happened last week before the Steelers game and he put up career-best stats.
Did he aggravate the injury a bit?
I don't know when the hamstring first occured, but I remember him not practicing last week (or being limited), then he played fine.

Yes, Arizona should easily take care of Baltimore this week, but it's a primetime Monday night game so I doubt they will take their foot off the gas even if they get a big lead.

Last week he was questionable on Wednesday, but up to probable by Friday.

Let's see what kind of news we hear from Saturday's practice.

John Brown - WR - Cardinals
John Brown (hamstring) did not practice Friday.
Brown wasn't able to practice after having a setback Thursday. He played through his hamstring issue last week, but the downgrade isn't a good sign for his Monday night status. Michael Floyd will see increased targets if Browns sits.

Oct 23 - 5:45 PM

John Brown (hamstring) did not practice Friday.
Brown wasn't able to practice after having a setback Thursday. He played through his hamstring issue last week, but the downgrade isn't a good sign for his Monday night status. Michael Floyd will see increased targets if Browns sits.

Oct 23 - 5:45 PM
Last week Cards played on Sunday this week they play on Monday.

Looking at potential insurance if Brown is out. Who would get the reps?

Golden, Jaron Brown, or JJ Nelson (who has been inactive, but closely resembles Brown)?

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

Arians said he's optimistic WR John Brown will play Monday but he was limited today. Game day decision. #BALvsAZ #AZCardinals
Ugh, the worst. If nothing changes I probably have to sit him. Even if he plays, if he's this limited and with a lot of other options in that offense, he'll probably have a sub par game. Fitz gets more looks even when Brown is 100%
Brown has said he's a full go. Arians is optimistic. Got some practice in today. Seems like it looks good. He had a hammy issue last week and almost went for 200. Gets balt this week who gets roasted by the deep ball. Tough for me to sit him unless I had a comparable option. Gonna roll the dice in daily. The hammy issue will only knock his ownership% down.

Rotoworld take on the link posted above:

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians seemed to indicate Saturday that John Brown has been dealing with injuries to both hamstrings.

Brown was limited with a hamstring injury leading into Week 6, but went on to catch ten balls for 196 yards against the Steelers. On Saturday, Arians' words made it sound like Brown's practice limitations this week were due to a hamstring injury in his "other leg." Here's the quote: "He had a little setback with his other leg, but last week he couldn’t play on Friday and he only caught 200 yards worth," Arians said. "Hopefully it’s the same (this game)." Added Brown after he returned to a "limited" practice on Saturday, "I feel pretty good. I'll be ready to go." The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers reported Brown "should play" on Monday night against the Ravens. If so, Brown will be an upside WR2 option.

Source: azcardinals.com Oct 24 - 5:06 PM

'should play'. He could be out there but he may just be drawing coverage. Like I said earlier, they don't need him to beat the Ravens. I'll roll with Martavis.

It's the only game on Monday. Prime times. Monday night football. I think if he can play he will.

If not I will fall back on David Johnson and a garage TD or two

Er.. garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm extremely cautious when it comes to injured players playing on MNF and will likely be sitting him for Diggs in one league. I could actually wait it out and grab one of David Johnson/Aiken/Gillmore if he sits but I like Diggs more than any of those fallback options this week.

I'm extremely cautious when it comes to injured players playing on MNF and will likely be sitting him for Diggs in one league. I could actually wait it out and grab one of David Johnson/Aiken/Gillmore if he sits but I like Diggs more than any of those fallback options this week.
Same boat with Diggs. Gonna lock him in now they announced he's starting.

Luckily I own Floyd as well (I know, CSB) so no real drama if he sits - just play Floyd in a great matchup. Actually I might do that anyway - don't want him Brown pulling up during the game or they rest him if they have a decent lead in the second half.

12x30 dynasty. Was either John Brown or Chris Hogan. Went with Brown and scooped Jaron Brown as insurance, not even sure he would get reps Over Golden and Nelson, but worth the gamble. Jaron has been most involved

Users who are viewing this thread