What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonas Gray (RB - New England) (3 Viewers)

Gray not starting today per ESPN....

I remember a few years back (cannot remember who)....maybe moss) when BB told him he was not starting. He sat out 1-play and had a monster game.

I don't expect much from Gray today against a stout DET Defense, but I cannot see Blount getting more than 5-7 carries. Vereen is the one we should be worrying about as this game is right down his alley.

Projections for gray:

13 carries - 41 yards (possible TD)

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling 2m2 minutes ago
Doghouse RT @MikeReiss: Patriots RB snaps through four drives: Shane Vereen 15, LeGarrette Blount 4, Jonas Gray 0.

Seriously, how many coaches sit a RB that just rushed for 200 yards and 4 TDs the week before, except BB?

Last edited by a moderator:
With Brady carving up the Lions and the Pats throwing it 100 times it doesn't matter right now, but with just 5 yards on 6 carries so far today, maybe BB shouldn't be feeling smug about sitting Gray.

I wish footballguys would of sent this in Sundays update.

Last edited by a moderator:
He general tso, you enjoying your high end RB1?
I don't know, you enjoying your top flight Giants passing game?
I have a funny feeling the Giants passing game goes off this weekend and possibly the rest of the season. Here's why:

1. Jerry Reece publicly stated the team has to go downfield more, be more aggressive, open the offense up a bit more

2. The team was getting used to a new offense the entire first half. They struggled at first so they started to lean on their running game. They scored 30+ 3 games in a row and then Jennings got hurt. Williams is not Jennings so they may go more pass heavy down the stretch.

3. They had a bye week to work on this.

4. They're talking about Beckham as a future star

Id start all your Giants this week...Randle, Beckham, Donnell, and Eli. They face a Colts defense that just got lit up by Big Ben who just lost two members of their secondary (Davis, Walden). They play at home on MNF coming off a bye.
Unlike most in this place, I admit when I am wrong, and I always give credit where credit is due. Which is why I credited Warpig and Bayhawk a few posts back. You - not so much...

Last edited:
I have a funny feeling the Giants passing game goes off this weekend and possibly the rest of the season. Here's why:

1. Jerry Reece publicly stated the team has to go downfield more, be more aggressive, open the offense up a bit more

2. The team was getting used to a new offense the entire first half. They struggled at first so they started to lean on their running game. They scored 30+ 3 games in a row and then Jennings got hurt. Williams is not Jennings so they may go more pass heavy down the stretch.

Id start all your Giants this week...Randle, Beckham, Donnell, and Eli. They face a Colts defense that just got lit up by Big Ben who just lost two members of their secondary (Davis, Walden). They play at home on MNF coming off a bye.
Unlike most in this place, I admit when I am wrong, and I always give credit where credit is due. Which is why I credited Warpig and Bayhawk a few posts back. You - not so much...
difference is i predict things BEFORE they happen

difference is i predict things BEFORE they happen
LOL. You mean you predict things incorrectly before they happen.The good news for me is that my Patriots are continuing to kick asss even without Gray playing. The bad news for you is that your Giants still suck, with no end in sight.

Last edited:
Belidick hates Fantasy Football players and he was waiting for this day to get us back.

He's smiling big inside... He mind ####ed us, he mind ####ed us good.

Belidick hates Fantasy Football players and he was waiting for this day to get us back.

Not really. People paying attention saw this coming. I was offered Gray this morning for pretty much nothing and didn't go for it in a dynasty league.

Fantasy aside Belichick is a sadistic piece of ####, how can you treat a player like this is beyond me.

Belichick loves this for a number of reasons

1. shows up Pittsburgh for cutting Blount

2. Thumbs his nose and say that he basically grab a player off the street and beat you

3. Tells the world that he can bench a 200 yd back and still whip a good team

Belichick loves this for a number of reasons

1. shows up Pittsburgh for cutting Blount

2. Thumbs his nose and say that he basically grab a player off the street and beat you

3. Tells the world that he can bench a 200 yd back and still whip a good team
Or he just thinks Blount is good, had no depth at RB, and made a good signing to make the team better and the rest you're putting into his brain.

Fantasy aside Belichick is a sadistic piece of ####, how can you treat a player like this is beyond me.
Yeah, fantasy football aside, it's pretty lousy that Blount walks off the field on his team, gets cut, and less than a week later gets a first rate starting gig for the best team in football. Meanwhile Gray carries New England on his back in one of the biggest games of the year, has one of the best rushing games of all-time, and within 4 days he is rewarded by having Blount signed and then getting benched against Detroit for being late to practice. Just doesn't seem fair in any way, and would seem to invite some bad karma down the road.It's worth noting that Blount rushed for a line of 12-78-2 (20 fantasy points) against the vaunted Detroit defense. So while I was wrong about Gray (you'll have to forgive me for not predicting that Blount would get cut by Pittsburgh and signed by the Pats, and that Gray would be a bonehead and miss practice and get benched) the basis of my prediction of RB1 status for the "big back" in the New England offense still holds. Unfortunately it is now split between two guys and not one.

Last edited:
Oversleeping was an error but his Tweet probably clinched the benching.
He was taking a beating from fans on Twitter, I assume that was directed towards them. Gray seems like a good kid, I doubt he was talking about the coaches.

Oversleeping was an error but his Tweet probably clinched the benching.
He was taking a beating from fans on Twitter, I assume that was directed towards them. Gray seems like a good kid, I doubt he was talking about the coaches.
I tell you what - he handled the situation a lot better than I would have. This is his livelihood and the Pats f'd around with it pretty good this week. Just imagine working for your employer - doing something completely above and beyond - extraordinary success at sizable risk to yourself and your future - and two days later your boss hires another person to share your job with you - and by the way - he's an asss-hat that just screwed his prior employer. When I first heard Gray missed practice, my first reaction was that he basically said screw you to the Pats. And I wouldn't have blamed him.To Gray's credit, he was on the sidelines all day today with his helmet on and ready to play. In stark contrast to Blount last week...

So is he just another guy now? Roster spots are too valuable.
It's difficult to imagine a scenario where you feel comfortable starting him.

His best case scenario is a desperation flex option if he shows he can get 10-12 carries in a Gray/Blount split (which is already reduced by Vereen) and a shot at a TD.

like how?..you oversleep for a Friday practice..really?..He was lucky he was even active. Bellichick is a great coach and this is

why his teams are so consistent every year. It's called accountability..I realize in this day and age it's a hard concept to grasp.

Do you think Gray oversleeps again?..Great life lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread