What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA (1 Viewer)

Based on measurables, maybe LeSean McCoy is a better comparison:

5'10-3/8" 204

4.50 40

29" Vertical

8'11" Broad Jump

17 Reps

4.18 Shuttle

6.82 3-Cone

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I'm that surprised. He's a backup talent and rounds 5-7 are generally where those guys go.

Great pick for us. Definitely muddies the fantasy outlook for each of them but love the picks as a Packer fan.

Pauline said Lacy and Franklin would both be available to the Pack at the end of the first and would be good fits. They got them in the late 2nd and 4th, respectively. Love the value.

Very true. Based on where they were supposed to land originally, fantastic value. Nice to see TT bring in young blood at a position of weakness.

Pauline said Lacy and Franklin would both be available to the Pack at the end of the first and would be good fits. They got them in the late 2nd and 4th, respectively. Love the value.

Great spot for Franklin. Good situation and price will be cheap because of lacy. Couldn't have asked for a better scenario.

Yesterday I traded Franklin, Ryan Broyles, and Cierre Wood for Kembrell Thompkins.

I liked Franklin at UCLA, but he's not looking the part anymore.

He's a bust. Already 24 in October and doesn't look like an NFL RB.
I would say it is a wee bit early to be calling the guy a bust at 24 years old.

Not a fan of this guy either. But some thought very highly of him. Too early to turn the page on this guy. Injuries could have him playing sooner than you think.

Nice day from Franklin today, with limited carries. Obviously the fumble hurt, but I think it's equally obvious he can contribute at the NFL level in a big way

As I've said for a while now, Jon Franklin very much reminds me of Tiki. High and tight, Jon. High and tight.

Lacy has looked solid though, so RBBC could be in the offing.

This is purely "gut" thoughts on this but seeing Franklin yesterday put me in the mindset of one of those games where the defense didn't plan on his style of running at all and him being inserted into the game just threw them off kilter. Then here comes Franklin and his adrenaline is popping out his eyeballs and things fall into place. I just feel (gut thoughts) that we won't see anything near as impressive out of Franklin going forward. If for no other reason, I just do not think that the Packers have had this guy available to them everyday since April and are so wrong about him. This was not a case where a guy comes in and pretty much replicates what the guy in front of him would have done had he stayed in the game. This was like a juiced up version of the running game once he got in. Hard for me to think the coaches work with him everyday for 6 months and don't see that if its truly there.

I guess another easy explanation could be that the Bengals simply sold out trying to stop Rodgers and completely and utterly ignored Franklin, thinking the 3rd stringer was no threat. Some of those holes opened up yesterday were huge. I don't remember seeing the Bengals that generous to the run in recent years.

maybe your overthinking joker don't you think that is possible.. That never goes on here in these forums... these forums are a joke sometimes people question and analyze, overanalyze instead of just looking at it for what it is.... Franklin was a talented runner at UCLA and if the packers couldn't see that shame on them... What do you expect they are still trying to get starks in there obviously they are not to bright on the runners eh?

Franklin is going to get more chances. Lacy had had foot, ankle, hamstring, and now concussion injuries. The Packers knew this when they drafted Franklin. Don't sleep on this guy in dynasty.

Was able to snag Franklin off waivers this week as an RB5 stash. Just rewatching his carries on NFL Rewind now. Wow. Now is the time to buy low on this guy. He could be a serious fantasy producer very soon. Other than his notorious fumble, the guy jumped off the screen with vision, burst and hands. He's a very good RB in an explosive offense. Even sharing with Lacy he will get his, especially later this season, when vanguard has worn down.

What's the scoop on his late game knee tweak? Anything to be concerned about there?

Was able to snag Franklin off waivers this week as an RB5 stash. Just rewatching his carries on NFL Rewind now. Wow. Now is the time to buy low on this guy. He could be a serious fantasy producer very soon. Other than his notorious fumble, the guy jumped off the screen with vision, burst and hands. He's a very good RB in an explosive offense. Even sharing with Lacy he will get his, especially later this season, when vanguard has worn down.

What's the scoop on his late game knee tweak? Anything to be concerned about there?
No doubt, he definitely passed the eye test. GB would be smart to use him more as part of a RBBC with Lacy if they're serious about having a productive running game.

Since Cobb is out for an extended period and Franklin is the only other skill player who can make plays in space, is it possible that Franklin will get more looks down the stretch?

Possible, yes. Likely, no.

I think he'd be the starting RB right now if he could hang on to the ball, but he can't. The plays he made against the Bengals were nothing short of special and it earned him additional PT, but then he turned right around and put the ball on the grass again. I think the only way he gets any significant PT is through desperation.

I think he'd be the starting RB right now if he could hang on to the ball, but he can't. The plays he made against the Bengals were nothing short of special and it earned him additional PT, but then he turned right around and put the ball on the grass again. I think the only way he gets any significant PT is through desperation.
Clarification: did he fumble against Baltimore last weekend or are you just referring to the late game fumble against Cincinnati?

Clarification: did he fumble against Baltimore last weekend or are you just referring to the late game fumble against Cincinnati?
Fumbled against Detroit.

Rotoworld:

Packers RB/KR Johnathan Franklin was forced from the Week 12 game against the Vikings with a possible concussion.
Franklin was banged up on the opening kickoff. He hasn't touched the ball on offense since Week 7 and wasn't in line to do so against Minnesota.

Rotoworld:

Packers placed RB Johnathan Franklin on injured reserve with a concussion, ending his season.

Franklin was concussed on the opening kickoff of Week 12. He had been limited to special teams since Eddie Lacy returned in Week 5 and wasn't able to overtake James Starks for backup duties this season. He'll finish his rookie campaign with just 19 carries for 107 yards and one touchdown. Franklin will be a candidate for a change-of-pace role in 2014, but Lacy is locked in as Green Bay's long-term foundation back. Franklin is worth holding in deep Dynasty leagues.

Rotoworld:

Packers RB Johnathan Franklin (neck) is not participating in OTAs.

Franklin is still recovering from the neck injury that ended his rookie season. Barring a setback, he's expected to be ready for training camp. Franklin should open 2014 as the No. 3 back behind Eddie Lacy and James Starks.

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Johnathan Franklin - RB - Packers

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reports the team is "worried" second-year RB Johnathan Franklin's neck injury may be career-threatening.

Frankling suffered a concussion and injured his neck on the opening kickoff in Week 12 and still hasn't fully recovered. He has yet to participate in any football activities this spring or summer. The Packers are putting Franklin through more tests to determine whether it's safe for him to continue playing. Green Bay has always been cautious with players who suffer neck injuries. Franklin rushed for 107 yards and one touchdown on 19 carries as a fourth-round rookie. His status for the start of training camp is obviously up in the air.

Source: ESPN.com

Jun 18 - 3:01 PM

Ooof...some crappy luck for them with neck injuries during Thompson's time.

Murphy, Collins, Finley, Franklin.

Kid showed some promise as a runner in that Cinci game (but the rookie issues and fumbling hurt him).

Could make for a nice option different than Lacy and Starks if he can get back.

GB has 7 RBs on their depth chart.

Lacy

Starks

Harris

Franklin

Hill

Perkins

Neal

There is a very good chance they cut Franklin IMO.

I doubt just cut. More likely an injury settlement/release. So he gets paid his contract.
If the injury is as bad as that report.

If he is just having trouble with recovery...PUP.

I doubt they cut him unless it looks like something that is really that severe that would be a big risk to him (and through that, the team).

I doubt just cut. More likely an injury settlement/release. So he gets paid his contract.

I doubt they cut him unless it looks like something that is really that severe that would be a big risk to him (and through that, the team).
Starks could be a beneficiary this seaseon. He may see quite a bit of action.

Or Harris who everyone is snoozing on. Guy was penciled in to be their starter prior to his injury.

Or Harris who everyone is snoozing on. Guy was penciled in to be their starter prior to his injury.
Starks was already likely to be the #2 guy in carries after how he played last year. That won't change.

This would make it possible for Harris to slide back in as #3 in front of Franklin and possibly for one of the others to make the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread