What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordy Nelson - WR, GB - ACTIVE (1 Viewer)

They are up against a tough D and a fairly inept offense.

I expect due to injury and the tough matchup, his effectiveness will be limited. If the Cards turn the ball over a couple of times early and Green Bay gets a lead, I can see them sitting him for much of the rest of the game.

I own Nelson, and wish this weren't the case, but I am not starting him.

Starting him over FJax. If Green Bay played him instead of resting him through the bye, it almost certainly means they plan to use him.

Call me skeptical, but I don't see the team using him much at all. 6 of the 7 inactives on Green Bay were listed as OUT on Friday. Jordy was easy to make active as only Zombo was a healthy scratch. If Green Bay gets a lead (and I think that's highly likely based on the point spread), then I expect Jordy to get shut down and rested through the bye week. I think a 30 yard performance is more likely than a 70 yard one. He might start, but the question will be for how long. Then again, he might never see the field.

This is a HAMSTRING. Why risk it against lowly Arizona who has generated zero offense as of late?

Regardless how this turns out, I contend that teams with playoff hopes (and the Packers are) rest a key cog with a hamstring issue 9 times out of 10 against a team where they are expected to win fairly easily (Vegas has GB as 10.5 point favorites) with their bye week looming next week.

Call me skeptical, but I don't see the team using him much at all. 6 of the 7 inactives on Green Bay were listed as OUT on Friday. Jordy was easy to make active as only Zombo was a healthy scratch. If Green Bay gets a lead (and I think that's highly likely based on the point spread), then I expect Jordy to get shut down and rested through the bye week. I think a 30 yard performance is more likely than a 70 yard one. He might start, but the question will be for how long. Then again, he might never see the field.This is a HAMSTRING. Why risk it against lowly Arizona who has generated zero offense as of late?
Excellent and agreed, thanks DD

Regardless how this turns out, I contend that teams with playoff hopes (and the Packers are) rest a key cog with a hamstring issue 9 times out of 10 against a team where they are expected to win fairly easily (Vegas has GB as 10.5 point favorites) with their bye week looming next week.
Because good coaches don't take teams for granted. This team lost to the colts earlier and certainly won't forget that for a while. Remember when they lost to the chiefs last year? If they wanted to rest him I think they would have, if hes active I think he's going full speed.

Agreed, which is why I think they're actually going to use him. If there was a chance of reaggravating, I'd expect any rational team to shut Nelson down. Green Bay is a rational team, they are not shutting Nelson down, therefore I suspect that they don't believe he's at risk to reaggravate.

This is a HAMSTRING. Why risk it against lowly Arizona who has generated zero offense as of late?
Because they need to win this game. Anyone can win any week in the NFL. They almost lost last week to the Jaguars. They need Nelson to play well. I just don't buy the argument that the opponent is not great therefore the favored team only has to do so much to win. Sure, the pack could get up 31-7 late in the 3rd and limit his snaps for the rest of the game but outside of that i see the guy playing as much as he can assuming he doesn't re-injure the hamstring.

Well that was much ado about nothing. Nelson injured his ankle on his first target and is looking unlikely to return.

He's as brittle as they get. This is a new injury - and he wasn't even touched! I'll be staying far away from him going forward.

'Ministry of Pain said:
'General Tso said:
He's as brittle as they get. This is a new injury - and he wasn't even touched! I'll be staying far away from him going forward.
Seriously? Guy has been top 5 for the past year and a half and now he's brittle?
Yes. You can be top 5 and still be brittle. He's been dinged up most of the season. And most of his injuries have been non contact related. I call that brittle. It's been my experience that when guys start getting hurt like this it doesn't magically stop happening. It usually gets worse.

Users who are viewing this thread