What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kam Chancellor (1 Viewer)

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Was limited on thursday and did not practice today.

Not looking good.
Where did you see that he didn't practice today?Per KFFL:

Seahawks | Three questionable

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:16:03 -0700

Seattle Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant (back), S Kam Chancellor (quadriceps) and WR Kris Durham (hamstring) are being listed as questionable for Week 5. Trufant and Durham did not practice Friday, Oct. 7, and Chancellor was limited.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Was limited on thursday and did not practice today.

Not looking good.
Where did you see that he didn't practice today?Per KFFL:

Seahawks | Three questionable

Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:16:03 -0700

Seattle Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant (back), S Kam Chancellor (quadriceps) and WR Kris Durham (hamstring) are being listed as questionable for Week 5. Trufant and Durham did not practice Friday, Oct. 7, and Chancellor was limited.
The Seahawks official website:http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

Chancellor: DNP Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Chancellor "Ready To Go"

Seahawks Vs Giants Injury Report: Kam Chancellor, Zach Miller "Ready To Go"; Mike Williams Out

Oct 07 2:39p

by Danny Kelly

READ MORE: nfl injury report, seahawks injury report, Mike Williams (WR - SEA), Anthony Hargrove (DE - SEA), Marcus Trufant (CB - SEA), Robert Gallery (G - SEA), Zach Miller (TE - SEA), Kam Chancellor (SS - SEA), Malcolm Smith (LB - SEA), Kris Durham (WR - SEA), Byron Maxwell (CB - SEA), Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants, Oct 9, 2011 10:00 AM PDT

The Seahawks travel to New York New Jersey to take on the Giants this Sunday, but will have to do so without the services of a few key players.

Pete Carroll said during his post-practice press conference that both S Kam Chancellor and TE Zach Miller are "ready to go" this week, and that comes as a big relief to the team. However, the Seahawks are still going to be without LG Robert Gallery, and wide receiver Mike Williams will not play due to a concussion suffered in last week's loss to the Falcons.

Below is the Seahawks' official injury report for Friday, tip of the cap to Liz Mathews.

OUT

Guard Robert Gallery - did not participate (groin)

Wide receiver Mike Williams - did not participate (concussion)

DOUBTFUL

Linebacker Malcolm Smith - did not participate (hamstring)

Cornerback Byron Maxwell - limited participation (ankle)

QUESTIONABLE

Cornerback Marcus Trufant - did not participate (back)

Safety Kam Chancellor - limited participation (quadriceps)

Wide receiver Kris Durham - did not participate (hamstring)

PROBABLE

Defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove - full participation (hamstring)

Tight end Zach Miller - full participation (knee)

picked Kam up this week and started him over Morgan Burnett.....loving me some Kam Bam Chancellor....and my coaching move.....can we count on Kam this week?

Chancellor and Wilson are killing it for my defense. Some dope dropped LaRon Landry last week, too, so I've got him on my roster now. Stay healthy, guys!

Yep, he has been getting it done every week he has played. My only issue is I have the top 4 safety's in my big dynasty league and it isn't easy to start the right 2 every week. Wilson, Burnett, Branch, Chancellor + Tanard Jackson. Good problem to have though.

What's the word on Chancellor? I can't find any information regarding his concussion or if he's playing this week. No news is good news?

He's been under preforming for me for quite a bit lately.
Huh? He left the game last week with an injury and he had a bit of a disappointing game yesterday in his first game back from that injury. Other than that, he has been a monster.

He's been under preforming for me for quite a bit lately.
Huh? He left the game last week with an injury and he had a bit of a disappointing game yesterday in his first game back from that injury. Other than that, he has been a monster.
Was his poor game yesterday the result of the inept St. Louis offense? Every time I checked in on that game, it seemed like Seattle had the ball, or St. Louis was getting ready to punt it away.

Was his poor game yesterday the result of the inept St. Louis offense? Every time I checked in on that game, it seemed like Seattle had the ball, or St. Louis was getting ready to punt it away.
It certainly contributed.St. Louis only ran 52 non-punt formation plays yesterday. That low-ish. Seattle also held the ball for 10 more minutes than St. Louis.Tough to score when the defense isn't on the field that much.

# of plays was a big factor. Also, St Louis tried to run a spread attack yesterday with lots of plays with empty backfields and spreading Seattle out. It didn't really work, and even on the rare occasions when it did, it didn't lend itself to a lot of downhill tackles by the safeties. MLB Hawthorne, Earl Thomas, Chancellor, I don't imagine any of them had big games.

The STL oline was inept, important to note if you have DEs going up against them in the next week or two. Watch their injury report. Chris Clemons had a monster day.

Yea, that was an odd game for most of the Hawks you would normally play. I had Hawthorne and if not for that fum rec. late I was looking at just 3 pts. Rams were second in fantasy points allowed to LB's based on my league scoring, so I was expecting a nice stat line from Hawthorne.

Ok, now it's time to worry
Yea, I agree. Stick a fork in him. To be honest, take away a couple good weeks and he's been average at best. Nothing to be too excited about this guy.
Yep, he's bench material. For me at least. He started off great but has since cooled considerably. Maybe he's a great "matchup" DB, but he's no longer a every week starter for me. That said, he's a great physical talent and I'm a big fan, but that's not going to win me games when he gets single digit scores weekly. With as much offense the Redskins had today, I would expect more than 3 tackles and 1 assist unless he was injured.

from Pro Football Focus

Cursing Chancellor

Ever since we endorsed Kam Chancellor (-2.6) as an All Pro candidate, things haven’t exactly gone to plan for the Seahawks safety. With a style that sees him walking the line between popping a player and picking up a fine, he’s the kind of safety that makes himself noticeable. Unfortunately he made himself noticeable for all the wrong reasons in this one as he may be hearing from the league office again for a headshot to a defenseless receiver, that wasn’t called, and for some poor tackling. His attempt on the Helu touchdown was particularly embarrassing and was pivotal in the Redskins getting back into a game they seemed destined to lose. Throw in one more missed tackle and a touchdown given up, with very little positive, and you have the third negative grade in four weeks for the sophomore safety.

My thoughts on Chancellor in this week's column:

Kam Chancellor 3-1 (9 solos in past three weeks)

Chancellor was on his way to being this year’s summer DB darling made good through nine weeks, when he was on pace (projecting his seven games over 16 weeks) for nearly 90 solos, a couple of sacks, six interceptions and 14 passes defensed. Over the past three weeks, however, he’s been a marginal DB3. I think there are multiple factors in play here. First, the Seahawks defense has limited its own opportunity. Though Seattle faced 56 tackle opportunities in Week 12, they were just over 40 in Weeks 10 and 11. In those two weeks, they faced just 29 rushing attempts total. But Chancellor’s play also gives some cause for concern. He’s not been the same player in run support. That may be a result of the Seahawks playing more two deep coverage to hedge against their inexperienced corners, but Chancellor hasn’t been as sudden filling on the edge and he’s missed nearly as many tackles as he’s made in the past month – six according to Pro Football Focus. Chancellor’s next two matchups could go either way, but I’d lean toward calling Philadelphia and St. Louis at home risky, if not unfavorable, tackle matchups. He gets Chicago and San Francisco in Weeks 15 and 16, both of which have been more inconsistent tackle matchups than you’d expect. If Chancellor cleans up his play, he can get back to his former DB2 with upside expectation. If not, we’re in for a mediocre finish that will make him one of the harder to read offseason prospects.

doubt he would have returned them for pick6's but he definetly had his chances to get a few INT's. the tackle he had on Sjax was a thing of beauty. don't see a DB form tackle and lift Sjax off the field very often if ever

Users who are viewing this thread