What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Chance to Get Brandon Jackson Cheap/Free (1 Viewer)

THE FANTASY KING

Footballguy
As some of you know, I used to run a fantasy football forum. After three years, I have shut that forum down as I was never able to generate the kind of traffic to make it worthwhile. I was disappointed to have to do this, but I still keep in touch with all of the registered members of that forum and give them fantasy advice via a newsletter. This is much more practical since it is only about 12-15 people.

The reason I am mentioing this is because on my old forum I would have what would come to be known as "A FANTASY KING EXCLUSIVE." This would be when I had a fantasy-football related epiphany, and I would communicate it to my community.

Since I now longer have that community on a forum, I can bring my epiphanies to the Shark Pool Football Guys Forum instead.

The epiphany I am having right now is with BRANDON JACKSON, who most of you will know is a running back on the Green Bay Packers.

Jackson has had a tumultuous 2010. There was some positive pre-season buzz about him, then of course, the Grant injury. He was, for good reason, the top of the FBG waiver wire pick up list for that week, and he has been disappointing owners ever since.

I strongly feel that Jackson is going to see a steady increase in value for the rest of the season and he will evolve into the main ball carrier for Green Bay.

Since I have already wasted bandwidth with my unnecessary backstory I will just provide a list:

1. The NFL trade deadline is almost upon us, after which any hope/thought that people have that maybe Green Bay will be trading for a RB (something I thought was extremely unlikely anyway) will be gone. The Packers, quite obviously, are standing pat with what they have.

2. The Rodgers concussion is a factor too, I think. Much has been said about the Packers' almost criminal neglect of the running game, and Rodgers has been paying the price for it along with Green Bay's subpar pass protection. Obviously Rodgers was injured in OT, so not saying he got hit because of a lack of a running game, but I think this injury will bring into focus the fact that the Packers simply cannot get by with 12-14 running players per game. It puts their inadequate offensive line and thus their franchise quarterback under too much pressure.

3. Jackson has some ability. A lot of people, many of them Packer fans, are quick to say that Jackson stinks, but I think he is definitely good enough to produce in this very favorable situation. And it is not just about his 71 yard run last week or about stats, watching him, I have felt that when he was not met in the backfield by 2-3 tacklers, he has shown an acceptable level of burst and a little wiggle. He is not Chris Johnson, but I think the main thing holding Jackson back has been under-use and on some plays, poor blocking. I expect the former to change.

4. Jackson does not have a lot of competition. People who are thinking Starks, who has not played football since 2008, will come in and produce and be trusted to pass protect are dreaming my opinion. Grab him in dynasty leagues by all means, but not in redraft. Kuhn would not be a name fantasy owners would even know if the Packers had a remotely talented 3rd RB on their team, and I believe his use has and will conetinue to be marginalized.

5. He is cheap, if not a free agent in many leagues. If I am wrong, I am just costing you a roster spot. If you grab him, and nothing changes over the next 2 weeks or so, then drop him. I am not advocating buying Jackson for the long-term or trading something of value for him - I just think his upside and situation is being unfairly dismissed because he was so disappointing that first week after owners ran to the waiver wire to pick him up. Many of the reasons you did that are still valid.

Thank you for much your time.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING

Perhaps Kuhn does better this season, but TT drafted Jackson. In a dynasty/contract setting, Jackson might still be buy-low.

Lots of people around here were posting last week that Jackson s*cks, he is the worst, etc.

He might start next year with Starks as 35% back.

Thanks for the post, solid advice.LOL at people picking on a name who offer the forum nothing.
This would be solid advice to a church FF league.....We aren't getting any earth shattering info here except self promotion...And we will see on Starks..... :bag:

ya, please direct me to the leagues in which starting RBs are on the waiver wire..

you know, aside from 6 man leagues.

ps: epiphanies... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post, solid advice.LOL at people picking on a name who offer the forum nothing.
LOL at people who offer the forum nothing picking on the people who are picking on a name who offer the forum nothing.

ya, please direct me to the leagues in which starting RBs are on the waiver wire..you know, aside from 6 man leagues.ps: epiphanies... LOL
You in a league that doesn't allow trades?
no, i grabbed jackson in the last round of my draft. ad sold him off the day grant went down for garcon and Jets D.with the RBs i had, would never start him... plus, he was never going to go wild

There's a reason he's cheap......he sux! I guess fantasy ding didn't watch the game where all his yards were on 1 carry with a missed tackle. He got 71 yards off that 1 carry. Outside of that he hasn't done anything. Nothing but fodder.

ya, please direct me to the leagues in which starting RBs are on the waiver wire..you know, aside from 6 man leagues.ps: epiphanies... LOL
no, i grabbed jackson in the last round of my draft. ad sold him off the day grant went down for garcon and Jets D.with the RBs i had, would never start him... plus, he was never going to go wild
1. Please keep league specific comments in the Assistant Coach forum as this kind of information is useless.2. That is a terrible trade, so when you go to the Assistant Coach forum, I recommend not mentioning it.Regards,THE FANTASY KING

There's a reason he's cheap......he sux! I guess fantasy ding didn't watch the game where all his yards were on 1 carry with a missed tackle. He got 71 yards off that 1 carry. Outside of that he hasn't done anything. Nothing but fodder.
it was an epiphany tho man... that's some intense stuff.

wonder why you had only 12 to 15 people.

those family members coming to the shark pool too?
I do not want to shift the topic to managing internet websites, but I will say that whatever the reasons were I did not succeed, lack of fantasy knowledge was not one of them. If you want to know any more than that you can PM me.I do have a cousin that posts here.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING

1. Please keep league specific comments in the Assistant Coach forum as this kind of information is useless.2. That is a terrible trade, so when you go to the Assistant Coach forum, I recommend not mentioning it.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
a terrible trade?really? tell me more fantasy king... he was the 7th RB on my roster. would never see the light of day. I get a top tier DEF and a decent wr3/4 out of it...remind me how this is bad again.secondly, keep your epiphany's to the WWJD forums.

a terrible trade?really? tell me more fantasy king... he was the 7th RB on my roster. would never see the light of day. I get a top tier DEF and a decent wr3/4 out of it...remind me how this is bad again.secondly, keep your epiphany's to the WWJD forums.
I think you missed #1. Please move to the Assistant Coach forum and I will be happy to comment on this terrible trade there. Or you are free to PM me.Regards,THE FANTASY KING

I appreciate the effort, TFK, but I think Brandon Jackson is a below average RB.
To summarize my rather lengthy original post, I am classifying him as just about an average RB who is in a great situation to do well. This is not a recipe for dynasty value, but I believe it is for 2010 value.I am not going to debate anyone who thinks Jackson is a below average RB - certainly reasonable people can differ. I just sense that Jackson is being under-rated now because he was very over-rated a few weeks ago and a lot of people got burned. I find that many times in fantasy football, making the right move on a player can be come more about perception and biases than well-founded opinions. I just want to encourage people to take a second look.Regards,THE FANTASY KING

I appreciate the effort, TFK, but I think Brandon Jackson is a below average RB.
To summarize my rather lengthy original post, I am classifying him as just about an average RB who is in a great situation to do well. This is not a recipe for dynasty value, but I believe it is for 2010 value.I am not going to debate anyone who thinks Jackson is a below average RB - certainly reasonable people can differ. I just sense that Jackson is being under-rated now because he was very over-rated a few weeks ago and a lot of people got burned. I find that many times in fantasy football, making the right move on a player can be come more about perception and biases than well-founded opinions. I just want to encourage people to take a second look.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
What do you project him at going forward:Yards Rushing:Touchdowns:Yards Receiving:Receptions:Thanks in advance :tinfoilhat:

I think you missed #1. Please move to the Assistant Coach forum and I will be happy to comment on this terrible trade there. Or you are free to PM me.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
Better yet, add me to your newsletter so in 3 weeks you can tell me how I can get Portis on the cheap!

Just curious- do you wear a crown around your house with THE FANTASY KING emblazed along the front

If so do you think you make me one as well- large please (big head) :tinfoilhat:

I will PM you my address in the Assistant Coaches forum

I hope your right...I actually drafted Jackson as the handcuff to Grant. Have started him a few times due to lack of RB depth and the week I benched him (last week) he has a good game. I have faith.

this thread needs to stay on point. the king gave us 5 points. to sum it up

1. Packs stay pat

2. The Rodgers concussion

3. Jackson has SOME ability.

4. Opportunity

5. Cheap

Almost everything about RB production is situational. How good is the line, do they pass in short yardage, who's the 3rd down back, etc etc. I don't mind the King's theatrics because he's laying it out for us and advocating a player who not many are high on. I mean, he's below Lynch on Dodd's 250 forward, whereas Lynch has Forsett still there and a QB on his last legs. I'm not saying to run out and get Jackson, but he sure looks like a decent buy as a starting back for the Packers, especially in PPR leagues.

this thread needs to stay on point. the king gave us 5 points. to sum it up1. Packs stay pat2. The Rodgers concussion3. Jackson has SOME ability. 4. Opportunity5. CheapAlmost everything about RB production is situational. How good is the line, do they pass in short yardage, who's the 3rd down back, etc etc. I don't mind the King's theatrics because he's laying it out for us and advocating a player who not many are high on. I mean, he's below Lynch on Dodd's 250 forward, whereas Lynch has Forsett still there and a QB on his last legs. I'm not saying to run out and get Jackson, but he sure looks like a decent buy as a starting back for the Packers, especially in PPR leagues.
Sorry, but there was nothing said in the initial post any shark shouldn't already know. The post was long-winded self-aggrandizement. S.O.S. from TFK.

I think the observations about Jackson are very reasonable - but any thoughts that he is on a free agent list are fantasies - perhaps Crown Royal fantasies

This isn't bad posting actually, I'm not saying your right, but if your going to go out on a limb, do it with B Jackson, maybe hell get you 16-22 in ppr leagues 4 out of 5 weeks coming up. If you only play 14-16 team leagues like I do then hes worth a play, and more then worth a roster spot if you can snag him in a deal with other variables. Heck, a guy sent me an offer two days again and showed significant interest in Jackson as the 3rd player in the deal.

this thread needs to stay on point. the king gave us 5 points. to sum it up1. Packs stay pat2. The Rodgers concussion3. Jackson has SOME ability. 4. Opportunity5. CheapAlmost everything about RB production is situational. How good is the line, do they pass in short yardage, who's the 3rd down back, etc etc. I don't mind the King's theatrics because he's laying it out for us and advocating a player who not many are high on. I mean, he's below Lynch on Dodd's 250 forward, whereas Lynch has Forsett still there and a QB on his last legs. I'm not saying to run out and get Jackson, but he sure looks like a decent buy as a starting back for the Packers, especially in PPR leagues.
Sorry, but there was nothing said in the initial post any shark shouldn't already know. The post was long-winded self-aggrandizement. S.O.S. from TFK.
Well, no, the problem with the post is the guy never made a real prediction as too what kind of points Jackson will put up.

:goodposting: Brandon Jackson has been beaten out by Ryan Grant, DeShawn Wynn, Vernand Morency, and is now splitting time with a fullback. He had a great game, but he still is a lousy RB.

I heard Mike McCarthy on Sirius NFL radio today, and he was asked about Starks. He said he looked promising in OTAs, but has NEVER seen him in pads.

I had been thinking Starks was a sleeper, but it seems highly unlikely he steps in even gets enough opportunity to produce. Unless Jackson gets hurt, nothing to see with Starks.

Users who are viewing this thread