What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play pick a player in dynasty - must be same position - only two players listed per post (1 Viewer)

Johnathan Taylor or Breece Hall?
I think Breece, but I struggle here. I think it's really close.

I think a lot of people will say Taylor, and I don't think that's crazy.

But Breece is two years younger. I THINK it was an isolated ACL tear, but if it's more complicated than that--that may change things. I think his offense is better/improving. The colts look like a mess. O-line is way down. QB situation is a disaster. No idea what the coaching situation is about to look like.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔
I immediately typed Higgins, BUT

Full PPR, I'd go ARSB. I think he's going to be a 100+ catch guy for years to come. The TD differential won't outweigh the reception differential.

Non-PPR or Half, I'd give Higgins the edge. I think he's more talented, higher yardage/TD upside. I think he can be an Alpha WR on a different team if he were to leave the Bengals.

Not true. Most people think he's great, including me. But Fields can be great too assuming the Bears get him some good receiving options. Hence saying it's a "tough one"
One guy has proven he can pass the football.
Amazing how Hurts got better at passing the football as he went into his 3rd year and was throwing to AJ Brown as well as the 10th overall pick in 2021. Plus a top 5 TE and a great offensive line. Mind boggling really

I like some of the ones that are getting in the weeds in here rather than the big names.

With that in mind, Mike White or Brock Purdy
Similar to my reason for choosing Mattison over Pachecho I would prefer the player who can pick his destination(Mike White) vs the player who barring a trade I project as the backup QB but however you slice it he's at mercy of the coaching staff's decision whereas White can go where he wants. Which is most likely back to NY.

Amazing how Hurts got better at passing the football as he went into his 3rd year and was throwing to AJ Brown as well as the 10th overall pick in 2021. Plus a top 5 TE and a great offensive line. Mind boggling really
One guy has proven he can pass the football. The other has not. Is Fields an MVP candidate this year?

No, he's not

Not true. Most people think he's great, including me. But Fields can be great too assuming the Bears get him some good receiving options. Hence saying it's a "tough one"
No need to be sarcastic.

Hurts is 24 and a proven MVP candidate. He's QB3.

Fields is 23. And he's not playing on the same level as Hurts right now.

I will take the proven guy that's 1 year older over the unproven guy. I absolutely think Fields will get better next year, especially when they get him some weapons. But if I'm picking 1 or the other--I'm taking the the proven stud that's only 1 year older over the upside.

I like some of the ones that are getting in the weeds in here rather than the big names.

With that in mind, Mike White or Brock Purdy
Oh that’s a good one. I really think if Mike shows well these last couple weeks he’s going to be the starter for the Jets next season. Purdy has been good, no doubt, but Lance is still going to get the opportunity in SF. Give me White. And hell, I think White has a decent shot at starting for another team if he leaves NY. These next few games are big for him.

I understand your thinking and I do think if you flipped their teams the results would be immense. But the reality is AJB and Goedert just got extended, Devonta is just in year two and the OL is a strength. Howie surrounded Hurts with talent and Poles gave up what is right now two picks from a late first for Claypool, gave solid money to Pringle and in general has yes to display any signs he knows how to properly build a supporting cast around Fields.

So me even if you are saying Hurts success as a passer over Fields is due to his surrounding talent, I don't see that changing.

Bijan Robinson or Jonathan Taylor?
Great one. I have to go with Robinson, even not knowing his landing spot. I hate the Indy offense. That could change, but how quickly? I think Robinson is as good of a prospect than Taylor was, if not better. So you have to also go with the younger RB.
Agree here. Don't feel great about the Indy offense, and not a lot of faith that the organization is going to do a good job fixing it anytime soon.
I disagree. Just a couple of years ago their OL was considered top 3 in the NFL, although I knew it was run blocking and not pass blocking. I have faith in Ballard, but I do not excuse the last two years with Wentz and Ryan signings, although that may be more on Irsay. He needs to trust Ballard more if that is the case, because he has had some good drafts. Irsay needs to open up the purse for OL spending for sure. They should also try to sign a high profile WR, not some 3 tier WR. Defensively I think hey are fine and will be better with Leonard back next year.

Great one. I have to go with Robinson, even not knowing his landing spot. I hate the Indy offense. That could change, but how quickly? I think Robinson is as good of a prospect than Taylor was, if not better. So you have to also go with the younger RB.
Agree here. Don't feel great about the Indy offense, and not a lot of faith that the organization is going to do a good job fixing it anytime soon.
I disagree. Just a couple of years ago their OL was considered top 3 in the NFL, although I knew it was run blocking and not pass blocking. I have faith in Ballard, but I do not excuse the last two years with Wentz and Ryan signings, although that may be more on Irsay. He needs to trust Ballard more if that is the case, because he has had some good drafts. Irsay needs to open up the purse for OL spending for sure. They should also try to sign a high profile WR, not some 3 tier WR. Defensively I think hey are fine and will be better with Leonard back next year.

They are 4th in the league right now as positional spending for the OL.

Not being snarky when I say have you seen the list of FA WR's this year? It looks like a 3 tier WR convention.

I see a team with no QB, an overpriced and not very good OL and a middling WR duo though I do think Alec Pierce will take a good sized jump next year.

They are 4th in the league right now as positional spending for the OL.

Not being snarky when I say have you seen the list of FA WR's this year? It looks like a 3 tier WR convention.

I see a team with no QB, an overpriced and not very good OL and a middling WR duo though I do think Alec Pierce will take a good sized jump next year.
I underestimated the impact of Anthony Costanzo's retirement.

Davis, because I think Josh Allen is better than Montana and Young combined.
This depends on how they're combined. Just a belt tightened around their necks to bind them together, or ...? Cause if that's the case, yeah Allen is better.

Here’s a vague one:
1 of the current MIA RBs
or
The RB MIA drafts day 2 or 3.
Probably the one drafted.

Both guys are "ok" and can be plugged in in a pinch. But week 16, both guys had 10 touches. If both are healthy, you're kind of shooting in the dark. Not sure you can routinely pick which one to play.

They're roster cloggers more often than not. They're nice depth pieces when one guy is out.

I think I'd rather take my chances on a rookie.

That being said, SF used a committee (with these exact guys) when McDaniel was there. May simply always be a committee guy. But would at least hope the rookie is talented enough to consistently slant it in his favor.

Jordan Mason vs Kenny Gainwell?
Mason. Gainwell has had more of a shot to "get a serious role carved out" and he hasn't. I'd take a chance on Mason.
I think any RB coming out of college that is undersized will always have the fear of being "Kenny Gainwell'd". I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to Zach Evans. I need him to be successful in the DEVY league I have him.

Neither? Sort of joking, sort of not. In the smaller roster FFPC leagues they are fringe roster players, Mason for sure I'd not keep on any of my teams which is giving my answer away.

For me it's Gainwell quite easily. SF just traded for CMC and Elijah Mitchell still has 2 years after this on his contract and when he's been healthy he has always been the #1 or #2RB. That's not even getting into the fact this team drafts RB's in round 3 on an annual basis. Perhaps Gainwell rises similar to Pollard but my gues is he most likely won't ever be "the man" in Philly or anywhere but he should at least be a nice compliment to the primary RB or maybe even a 1B and pass catchers don't need as much playing time in PPR leagues to put up points. He's got a path that to me is much cleaner looking to me then Mason's and his usage in the passing game and near the goal line, the money touches, has so far looked far more promsing then Mason's.

Neither? Sort of joking, sort of not. In the smaller roster FFPC leagues they are fringe roster players, Mason for sure I'd not keep on any of my teams which is giving my answer away.

For me it's Gainwell quite easily. SF just traded for CMC and Elijah Mitchell still has 2 years after this on his contract and when he's been healthy he has always been the #1 or #2RB. That's not even getting into the fact this team drafts RB's in round 3 on an annual basis. Perhaps Gainwell rises similar to Pollard but my gues is he most likely won't ever be "the man" in Philly or anywhere but he should at least be a nice compliment to the primary RB or maybe even a 1B and pass catchers don't need as much playing time in PPR leagues to put up points. He's got a path that to me is much cleaner looking to me then Mason's and his usage in the passing game and near the goal line, the money touches, has so far looked far more promsing then Mason's.
I agree with you about Mason. At least Gainwell will have a role. The same cannot be said about Mason. However, it is looking like those who drafted Gainwell with the expectations of more than a COP back, will be dissapointed.

Brandon Aiyuk vs Michael Pittman
Pittman.

Aiyuk is really talented, just a lot of weapons to compete with.

Pittman in a situation to be the main target for years to come right now. Even in a terrible, down year--he's got 30 more targets than Aiyuk.
Pittman should be a nice value pick next year

Tyler Huntley vs Jordan Love?
I would think Love should get a chance to start at some point due to the draft capital.
Not as sure Baltimore or anyone else is going to give Huntley the full time starter gig.

Not confident Love will be a fantasy star, just more likely to contribute than Huntley.

Tyler Huntley vs Jordan Love?
I would think Love should get a chance to start at some point due to the draft capital.
Not as sure Baltimore or anyone else is going to give Huntley the full time starter gig.

Not confident Love will be a fantasy star, just more likely to contribute than Huntley.
Huntley is a restricted FA in 2023. I believe coming into 2022 he had more value than Love for 2023. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is gone to another team or retires. I also wouldn't be surprised if a team offers Huntley a contract that Baltimore doesn't match. That's why I posted these two together.

Brandon Aiyuk vs Michael Pittman
Pittman.

Aiyuk is really talented, just a lot of weapons to compete with.

Pittman in a situation to be the main target for years to come right now. Even in a terrible, down year--he's got 30 more targets than Aiyuk.
Pittman should be a nice value pick next year
Agree with everything you are saying and I'd just add I'd take Pittman.

Saying that I kind of like trying to buy low on Aiyuk and then hoping like hell that SF has to many other financial commitments to extend him and the 2023 season will be his last in SF. If not sooner. But I'm still taking PIttman right now.

Christian Watson vs George Pickens
Tough one but I'd go with Pickens.

Two major deciding factors are age and injury.

Both are so young it seems almost trivial to bring up that Pickens is almost 2 full years younger but my main reason for that being a factor is not longevity just that Pickens might have more growth potential. But also 2 years is 2 years in a close call.

The other is injuries and Watson's penchant for early exits and a pretty extensive list of injuries, nothing ever to severe but can't make it a few games without something new popping up. He's slightly built and taking a major step up in competition so maybe these things improve, they should, but Pickens profiles right now as a highly durable player in comparison.

Barkley vs KWIII
I prefer Walker by a wide margin.

Tee Higgins or ARSB
🤔
I'd slightly prefer St. Brown here. Get a real young Hines Ward from his game, and I see Chase as a lot bigger problem than Williams.

AJ Brown or CeeDee Lamb?
Ever so slightly prefer Brown. Just think he's a little bit more talented.

Isaiah Pacheco or Alexander Mattison?
Pacheco. Mattison just feels like a career #2 to me. Pacheco might end up being that (or less) but he's in a great situation now, and likely one that is better than anything Mattison will get.

One guy has proven he can pass the football. The other has not. Is Fields an MVP candidate this year?

No, he's not
Could Fields be a fantasy MVP next year? Quite possibly.

No, he's not
Hope he starts his campaign in week 17 this Sunday with 200+ rushing yards & 3 RuTD.

No reason.
:whistle:

No, he's not
Hope he starts his campaign in week 17 this Sunday with 200+ rushing yards & 3 RuTD.

No reason.
I said a few weeks ago that this Chi-Det game could be a key in fantasy championships.

rookies - Zach Evans vs Sean Tucker

I have Zach Evans RB5 in DEVY and Sean Tucker RB6. In start 1qb leagues I have Evans 1.07 and Tucker 1.08. In SF I have them 1.09 and 1.10 respectively.

I hope Evan's profile is really 6'0" 215 and not something closer to 200 lbs.

I really like both players. It will be interesting to see the landing spots. We've seen that cripple a rookie RBs value, at least short term.

No, he's not

No reason.
I said a few weeks ago that this Chi-Det game could be a key in fantasy championships.
I’ve been holding him for exactly that reason in redraft.

In my 16 team league SF dynasty TE-P, I have Fields / kmet, and I’m very excited about that for next year. I traded Pittman for Mooney+Kwity Paye & 2x 2023 picks (5th & a 6th) so I’m *really* invested in Bears now, for better or worse.

(It’s performance scoring, so Paye is arguably worth more than Pittman alone).

A year ago I would not want 2 Bears receivers. Now I think it could work out.

Yes. And I am ready to believe on Fields.

What percentage of Hurts dynasty owners would trade him for Fields, do you reckon?
I’d bet close to 5%, but likely not a lot more.

Hurts is there. Fields can get there. Hurts is a substantially better QB at the moment. Fields could become one. Fields rushing is other-worldly, but wondering what happens when they have a deeper receiver corps. Might end up balancing closer to Hurts run/pass.

No, he's not
Absolutely.

Hurts already is. He's 1 year older. I'm not trading a 24 year old proven top 3 QB for a 23 year old guy that isn't there yet.

I think Fields will make the leap. But Hurts is already at such a high level with such a good supporting cast.

Users who are viewing this thread