What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Love Actually (2003) (1 Viewer)

What story/relationship is the best?

• Total voters
Alex P Keaton said:
Truly fascinating stuff.  I mean this with pure sincerity.
I agree with some of his post.   IMO a lot of the movie's popularity hinges on the huge ensemble of known actors people love, not hanging on the plots too long, and the airport scenes that begin and end the movie.  I was thinking about that and that's why I asked the question above about if the movie would have a different rating for people if it was exactly the same but with no-name actors.  

What I disagree with is how much Curtis is even trying to sell the concept of the excitement of the first few moments with people.   I think at least 1/2 the subplots don't involve that.   When I think about his other movies, what I can remember of them a lot aren't fully selling that either (just recently watched About Time and Four Weddings and a Funeral).   Who in Love Actually would meet that criteria - just Jamie/Aurelia, Natalie/David, and maybe John/Judy?   Everybody else seemingly knew each other for years through work, school, or life.   That type of charged first encounter is not what the beginning and ending thesis with the airport encounters seems to be selling either. 

Users who are viewing this thread