What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Manti Te'o - Deadspin Article (1 Viewer)

RUSF18

Footballguy
Posting this here since I could see this actually having an impact on his draft stock if what is alleged at points in the article is true. If the mods feel it better belongs in the FFA, feel free to move.http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief is there anything left in the world that is NOT a conspiracy? The internet has lost its mind.

I thought it was odd when they were talking to him about her that he referred to her as "girlfriend" rather than by her name. Also, WOW!

I sort of skimmed the article. Can someone tell me what the point of coming up with this was?
Expose a scumbag who made up a story about his girlfriend dying?
I was talking about Te'o's story, not the article.
A friend of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo told us he was "80 percent sure" that Manti Te'o was "in on it," and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua's death with publicity in mind.
Yeah, I've read that now. It just seems like a really weird way to get publicity. You'd think being the star player on undefeated ND would produce enough. In the FFA they have advanced the "beard" theory which makes a little more sense to me.

its not his fault, i blame the concussions.joking a side this will probability not have any real long term effects.

We go from a guy with real cancer who faked his athleticism, to a guy with real athleticism who faked cancer.

More from NFL.comhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127420/article/manti-teo-victim-of-bizarre-hoax-notre-dame-says"Manti Te'o victim of bizarre hoax, Notre Dame says"

@AdamHimmelsbach: ND's Grant Patton said Te'o received call about GF's death in locker room on Wednesday before Mich. St. game: "He was in pain. He was hurt."@AdamHimmelsbach: I spoke to ND's Grant Patton, who witnessed Manti Te'o receiving call about GF's death: "He was distraught. It was pain personified."

Bizarre. First by him, no way he didn't suspect something until after her "death". I could almost buy getting conned into an online relationship with someone fake, but to go through something like that without ever meeting or seeing her.Just as bizarre by the media. Not to try and contact her (if he ever mentioned her before her "death") or follow up with her family to see what kind of a part of her life he was.This is one of the weirdest stories in a long time.

Bizarre. First by him, no way he didn't suspect something until after her "death". I could almost buy getting conned into an online relationship with someone fake, but to go through something like that without ever meeting or seeing her.Just as bizarre by the media. Not to try and contact her (if he ever mentioned her before her "death") or follow up with her family to see what kind of a part of her life he was.This is one of the weirdest stories in a long time.
Very weird. The guy has to be a sicko, and a moron to boot.

This dude has some serious mental issues BEFORE he gets his numerous upcoming NFL concussions. Have they asked him who he was talking to on the phone? :lmao: What a jackoff.

Te'o talks to Lennay nightly, "going to sleep while on the phone with her," according to Sports Illustrated. "When he woke up in the morning his phone would show an eight-hour call, and he would hear Lennay breathing on the other end of the line."

Yeah......right.

Good grief is there anything left in the world that is NOT a conspiracy? The internet has lost its mind.
:goodposting: Just like cliches though some of them are true. It is mind-bending though. Actually starting to wonder if the flood of info on the internet is leading to less knowledge. The signal to noise ratio, seems to be swinging to the troll/extremism side of things. (seriously.)

Call me silly, why does a Heisman level athlete in college need an online girlfriend to start with. I mean isn't college where literally everyone can find a "relationship" especially if you are a dude like that?

VERY suspect. VERY.Sadly it strikes me that this kid may have been outed against his will, and will now have to weave an ever larger web of lies to try to keep up the facade.

So I just saw a bit of the press conference by ND. WTF is going on here! I can't wrap my head around what has happened. Let alone to think that this was a "hoax" and not just made up. Then that the family even has quotes of spending time with her in Hawaii. :popcorn: What a ####### :tfp:There is just no ####### way he wasn't involved in this.

Shenanigans! How can he and his family explain this article/interview?http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-10-12/sports/34419536_1_brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

Users who are viewing this thread