What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marlon Mack, RB, DEN (2 Viewers)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marlon Mack (calf) is "likely to play" but will go through pre-game warmups before a final decision is made.

Mack went from carrying a walking boot on Wednesday to practicing on a limited basis Friday, which is good enough to warrant a game-time call. He's fully expected to play but the team wants to test his calf in pre-game warmups before making a final decision. If suddenly ruled out, Jordan Wilkins is the favorite to soak up early-down carries with Nyheim Hines getting involved as a receiver out of the backfield. Hines recently averaged 8.5 targets in the four games Mack missed last season.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 1:49 AM ET

Marlon Mack (calf) is active for Week 3 against the Falcons.

T.Y. Hilton (quad) is also active after both he and Mack were listed as questionable. Mack sat out practice Wednesday and Thursday, was in a walking boot, but practiced Friday and should be treated as an RB1/2. Perhaps he concedes some snaps to Jordan Wilkins, but Mack should be trusted in season-long leagues.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:38 AM ET

Benching for Josh Gordon in my flex spot.  I don't see the touches today. I'm guessing a pitch count today, especially if he was in a boot and half speed on Friday.

Why do we keep saying pitch count for football  we can just as easily say snap count. Same amount of sylables.

Ugh. Was going to start him over D Adams at flex, as Adams has C Harris shadowing him.With this news, I might just go back to Adams. Or take a chance with T Williams with a hip pointer.

Marlon Mack rushed 16 times for 74 yards and one touchdown in the Colts' Week 3 win over the Falcons.

Mack added two catches for 14 yards on three targets. Playing through a minor calf issue, Mack took awhile to get rolling in this one, but a big 26-yard run late in the fourth quarter helped seal the three-point win. Mack will be all systems go as an RB1 in a gorgeous home draw against the 1-2 Raiders who were just steamrolled by Dalvin Cook in Week 3. Especially if the Colts are without T.Y. Hilton (quad), Mack should be the focal point of the offense.

Sep 22, 2019, 4:41 PM ET

Coach Frank Reich clarified that Marlon Mack (ankle) wasn't medically ruled out in Week 4.

Reich went on to note that the offense was simply in their no-huddle mode, and that's typically been Nyheim Hines' role. The news isn't great for projecting Mack as a game-flow independent back moving forward, but it at least means he's not dealing with a serious injury. The Colts will likely limit Mack in practice throughout the week, but he's tentatively expected to suit up Sunday against the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:20 PM ET

So Mack didn’t practice today and has the Sunday night game.

if Mack doesn’t play is Wilkins or Hines the guy to own?

Asking for a friend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Marlon Mack (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.

Mack didn't practice Wednesday and Thursday ahead of Week 3 with a calf issue but still played Sunday. Coach Frank Reich said Mack wasn't medically ruled out late last week against the Raiders when he never returned to the loss, so it's anybody's guess as to what Mack's status is for Sunday night against the Chiefs. If Mack sits, it would be Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines in the backfield.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 1:52 PM ET

Marlon Mack (ankle) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.

Mack was observing from the sideline. Colts reporters still believe there's a chance Mack suits up against the Chiefs. Mack needs to get in at least a limited session on Friday to have a realistic chance of suiting up. If Mack does practice Friday, another clue will be if he makes the team flight on Saturday. If Mack doesn't go, Jordan Wilkins will take the lead on early downs.

SOURCE: Joel Erickson on Twitter

Oct 3, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

Where do you guys have Mack in your dynasty rankings? Is he talented enough to be the bell cow there for awhile? Just traded for him & am pretty stoked about it. 

Yes agree that he did not practice until Friday last week. 

FWIW I added Hines.  If it wasn’t the Sunday night game I wouldn’t have added. 

Marlon Mack (ankle) resumed practicing Friday.

T.Y. Hilton (quad) was also present, putting both on track to play Sunday night at Kansas City. Mack could be at risk of aggravating his ankle injury, though he'll still carry RB1 upside against a Chiefs defense that allowed a big game to Kerryon Johnson (157 yards from scrimmage) in Week 4. Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines would both be in line for enhanced workloads in the off chance that Mack sits.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Oct 4, 2019, 12:55 PM ET

Updated reports say he just hung out on the sidelines. Gonna bench. Colts should be chasing a lot of points early and on the road. 

PIcked up Hines in a short bench league (dropped Pollard handcuff) just in case Mack is inactive Sunday prior to kick.  If he's active I'm playing him.

Where do you guys have Mack in your dynasty rankings? Is he talented enough to be the bell cow there for awhile? Just traded for him & am pretty stoked about it. 

I have seen an early to mid 1st rounder dangled for him in a PPR league. Not sure if that's an accurate gauge, but it's at least one data point...

I have seen an early to mid 1st rounder dangled for him in a PPR league. Not sure if that's an accurate gauge, but it's at least one data point...
Right now in PPR his per game average is the same as last year. I like M Mack but he is going to be a mid to high RB2.
I thought he would get a catch or two per game and that's not happening. Those 3-4 points per game would push him
to RB12ish  

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Marlon Mack (questionable, ankle) is considered a "game-time call" for Sunday's Week 5 game against the Chiefs.

Rapoport says the team will exercise caution with Mack, who aggravated an ankle injury in last week's loss to Oakland. Even after getting in a full practice Friday, Mack's availability for Sunday night could go down to the wire. If Mack is ultimately ruled out, Jordan Wilkins would likely step in as the lead back with Nyheim Hines occupying his usual passing-down role. Playing on the road as 11-point underdogs, game script should work in Hines' favor.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 6, 2019, 8:17 AM ET

Marlon Mack had 29 carries for 132 yards and caught three passes for 16 yards in the Colts' Week 5 win over the Chiefs.

Mack was a game-time decision after battling through an ankle injury all week. He looked fine, playing 67 percent of snaps and averaging 4.6 YPC. Mack was the Colts entire offense, accounting for half of their total yards and wearing down the Chiefs defense. Mack continued to lose pass-down work to Nyheim Hines and was spelled by Jordan Wilkins in red-zone situations, but he's been the clear focal point of the offense. Mack will use the Colts' Week 6 bye to get fully healthy.

Oct 6, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

Good to hear he played well.  I sat him yesterday due to being a GTD and didn't want to risk it.  Fully expect him back to health after the bye week.

where you guys got him for balance of season (rank within all of RBs)?  Projected rank for next year?

FBG got him at #22 (behind Mixon ahead of Freeman), which feels low to me

where you guys got him for balance of season (rank within all of RBs)?  Projected rank for next year?

Feels low to me too.  How many RBs get the volume of carries he gets?  Not many.

Would like to see a few more catches but I don’t see 21 better RBs ROS.

That's pretty ridiculous behind the Indianapolis offensive line.  Mixon over him ROS?  I think that's a really bad take.  Do they have Henry and Kerryon ahead of him too? 

I'd put him around number 11. 

Behind CMC, Saquon, Elliott, Kamara, Cook, Fournette, Carson, DJ, Ingram, Bell. 

I don't think anyone else is clearly ahead of him, and you could make an argument for being ahead of Bell.  Jacobs is probably right there too. 

Next year is way too tough to call with about 8 RBs with first round talent coming into the league. 

kittenmittens said:
That's pretty ridiculous behind the Indianapolis offensive line.  Mixon over him ROS?  I think that's a really bad take.  Do they have Henry and Kerryon ahead of him too? 

I'd put him around number 11. 

Behind CMC, Saquon, Elliott, Kamara, Cook, Fournette, Carson, DJ, Ingram, Bell. 

I don't think anyone else is clearly ahead of him, and you could make an argument for being ahead of Bell.  Jacobs is probably right there too. 

Next year is way too tough to call with about 8 RBs with first round talent coming into the league. 
chubb?

i actually went through that exact same exercise in a colts game thread a week or two ago and forgot Chubb, myself.

Marlon Mack rushed 21 times for 89 yards in the Colts' Week 9 loss to the Steelers.

Mack picked up extra yardage all afternoon, regularly displaying an elite combination of lateral agility along with consistent yards after contact. The Colts leaned on their stud RB more than ever with Jacoby Brissett (knee) sidelined for pretty much the entire game after the first quarter. Nyheim Hines will continue to serve as a nuisance for Mack’s fantasy owners when the Colts fall behind by multiple scores, but Mack is a consistent threat for 20-plus touches whenever things are close. That’s been the case more often than not for the 5-3 Colts. Fire up Mack as a legit RB1 ahead of Week 10’s smash spot against the Dolphins.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:13 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread