What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martellus Bennett (1 Viewer)

Boccioni

Footballguy
Hey everyone,

Many of us have been eyeing Martellus Bennett, but his last couple preseason games were plagued by drops and a fumble, after which he was pulled from the rest of the game.  There are whispers out of camp of motivation issues.  We've all been burned by Belichick zigging when the fantasy world is zagging.  We all love the -opportunity- for Bennett in a 2 TE system.  But as we ease out of the preseason, do any homers or insiders have a sense for whether the team is actually planning to lean on him at this point?  

Thanks in advance!

2 TE set 80% of the time. Bennett heavily involved.

He didn't look great in the preseason. Slow, unmotivated, and mostly going through the motions. I would not be worried unless it carries over into the regular season. He should be fine once Brady comes back.

Sorry about that.  I did a search but didn't see that other thread.  I agree, let's continue the conversation over there.   

Anyone else think Bennett could be a sneaky pickup if Gronk continues to feel the effects of a hobbled hammy?

Anyone else think Bennett could be a sneaky pickup if Gronk continues to feel the effects of a hobbled hammy?
Gronk isn't running much in the way of routes right now. It may be a lingering injury for a while. Meanwhile, Bennett is a force. I have no idea why they didn't involve him more against the Bills. But nobody wanted to tackle the guy. I would assume that at some point Belichick will want to get him the ball and bowl over defenders as people shy away from contact. He's just too big for anybody in the secondary to bring down.

Users who are viewing this thread