What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Members March Mock - Match (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I know. not exciting at all. Hope I'm wrong but don't think Armstead will be around long. 

Would trade this pick in a perfect world. 
I'm one of the few who would probably take Watson to his early.  I understand and agree with your BPA or trade down.  Tough call for Lynch.

Andy, who should I have picked at 2.19 now knowing Tampa has signed DeSean Jackson.  Honestly, I think I like the Samuel pick, and Dalvin Cook should have been my first rounder instead of Ross.  What say you?!  Spotlighting appreciated!   :P
CB Quincy Wilson or maybe a center if there's one out there. 

I'm one of the few who would probably take Watson to his early.  I understand and agree with your BPA or trade down.  Tough call for Lynch.
I think Cousins is a done deal, if not this year, then next. He seems intent on wanting to play for Shanahan. They are using free agency on offensive players, so I thought I would use this pretend draft to work on the defense. I'm interested to see when Allen, Conley and Davis go on draft day in comparison to where I picked them here. 

:sleep:  @menobrown Wake up, Sunshine. It's time for your pick. 
I don't catch a lot of worms, if you know what I mean. So yea, just waking up, give me a few to look stuff over and then let me make the Steelers and Falcons better.

ETA-this is a bit of cluster trying to sort out, draft needs updating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, who should I have picked at 2.19 now knowing Tampa has signed DeSean Jackson.  Honestly, I think I like the Samuel pick, and Dalvin Cook should have been my first rounder instead of Ross.  What say you?!  Spotlighting appreciated!   :P
Cook would've been a good get at that spot.  Hasn't Donovan Smith really struggled?  Maybe one of the tackles would have worked. Budda Baker would have been a reach but is probably a player the Bucs' defense could use. 

Cook would've been a good get at that spot.  Hasn't Donovan Smith really struggled?  Maybe one of the tackles would have worked. Budda Baker would have been a reach but is probably a player the Bucs' defense could use. 
Why so down on Buddha? I think he ends up 1st round.

Why so down on Buddha? I think he ends up 1st round.

Like him at RT this year and a possible LT with some development for when Duane Brown retires... has a ton of potential if he can be coached out of his tendency to rely on his athleticism and not his technique.  Love him in the late second, with Nick Martin healthy at C this year.... feeling much better about the Houston O line.

1.25 - Jimmy Garrapalo QB Traded from NE

2.25 - Roderick Johnson OT Florida St.
Johnson is one of the other guys I was considering for the Vikings with their 2nd round pick.

2.30- Pittsburgh Steelers select:  Carl Lawson- OLB/ILB/Edge- Auburn

Pass rush remains first or second biggest weakness on the team. We added a potential elite edge rusher in round one but more work to do. Big key on Lawson here is some feel he can play MLB in the nickel defense the Steelers run most of the time but he's got flexibility to play OLB and put his hands in the dirt. We anticipate losing Timmons and of course Jarvis Jones. Vince Williams should hold down fort at MLB in Timmon but Lawson will be used there and all over.

Shazhier, Dupree, Mckiney and Lawson. The potential of this group can return Steelers to days when their LB's wrecked havoc.  We'd have liked to address secondary with this pick but feel we've spent premium picks on it the last few drafts and feel best way we can help the secondary and the defense is being able to pressure the QB.

@-OZ- You're on deck Mock Boss. 

Also, you've got some housekeeping/updating with the OP. As a random and unpaying person on the Internet, I demand that you stop whatever you are doing to attend to my frivolous needs immediately!!

*The double exclamation points let you know I mean business.  :D

2.31 Atlanta Falcons select: Montravius Adams- DL Auburn

The offense was historically so in a loaded defense class trying to address that side of the ball, trying to build Seattle south here. Round one brought us another edge rusher. Atlanta got gashed for 4.5 yards per carry last season, this pick is about value and addressing that issue.

Just realized I went back to back Auburn, not intentional at all.

2.21 Detroit Lions select

CB Quincy Wilson, Florida 

I really wanted to get a pass rusher somewhere in this draft. Reddick might be able to fill that roll on 3rd downs. At this point, I don't want to force a pick. Wilson seems as good as nearly as corner already taken and is a 1st round talent available in the 2nd round. (I am still double checking to make sure he didn't get picked). He would make a nice addition across from Slay. Wilson has prototypical size and strength to deal with big WRs like Evans, Alshon, etc. Wilson's speed isn't great, but Slay can lock down the burners to help protect Wilson. 
One of the best picks in the draft IMO.I considered him in round one. I also kept going back to search for him and at one point just search for his name not knowing the draft was not updated and could not believe I might land him in round two. Was not to be. He don't last this far in April

2.32 Gerald Everett, TE southern Alabama

Sure the pats are probably trading for Dwayne Allen but Everett will be a better pass catcher with good coaching.   Pats are taking more raw talent in this draft than proven production. 

@Captain Quinoa up

Very happy to shore up the Browns craptastic secondary with these 2 picks, while picking up an extra 4th in the process.

1st we look for a playmaking safety.  Not a big hitter, but Ed Reynolds was actually pretty good against the run last year.  Need a guy who creates turnovers.

With the first pick of the 3rd round, the Cleveland Browns select   Marcus Williams, S, Utah

Next we look at CB. Would have taken Quincy Wilson had we not traded back, but still plenty of talent available.  We'll go with a guy who has decent size, good cover skills, and lots of experience.

With the second pick of the 3rd round, the Cleveland Browns select  Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

Trying to predict what the Bucs will do mostly.  Everything out of Tampa is that they're extremely happy with their offensive line, whether they're right about that or not, I'm not sure. 

They definitely do have a safety need.

2.32 Gerald Everett, TE southern Alabama

Sure the pats are probably trading for Dwayne Allen but Everett will be a better pass catcher with good coaching.   Pats are taking more raw talent in this draft than proven production. 

@Captain Quinoa up
Interesting. I like the player a lot and I think he could be used  in a Colston role in addition to playing TE and a creative staff like NE would know how to utilize him with Gronk/Allen.

Just last night I went to watch some videos and watched some on him and Evan Ingram. Two players I had similar coming into combine, both often get that Jordan Reed comp. So we know Engram shocked with this fast 40 time and I've always been a fan. Very high on him. But I liked what I saw out of Evererett a little more on tape and I swear if I did not know the 40 times I'd have thought Evererett would run faster. Granted level of comp was weaker but his route running and ability to get out of his breaks and cut was kind of special. He's also very good YAC, which was a big staple when they utilized Hernandez.

Negatives are out of this new era of move non-inline TE's he's arguably looks more like a WR than any of them. The first time I put on some video of him I spent first few plays wondering why they kept highlighting this WR pre-snap. I was thinking I'm trying to watch their TE, not their WR. Ooops.  I know he's gained a little weight but he's also got very small hands. Maybe he was over 9"  and I"m not remembering right but I think he was under 9". That's tiny for a TE. Making contested catches might not be his strong skill, but then most LB's can't stick with him anyway.

1.01 Myles Garrett

1.12 Reuben Foster  (would have preferred to trade down. probably should have taken OJ Howard)

2.01 DeShone Kizer

3.01 Marcus Williams

3.02 Chidobe Awuzie

Very happy thus far

Give me a break. This isn't a real draft and what good is it if we're not going to talk about players and potential fits?

The concept that the draft board has to be kept secret so someone can "steal" a guy is taking this too far.
I agree as the whole purpose of this is to share ideas and learn more about the rookie players and where they might fit as well as their relative talent compared to others at their position.

I was just kidding about name dropping Budda Baker. I mean a name like that should stand out to anyone, and a player with his ability should not be under the radar at all. That was part of the joke.

I would be curious to hear what you thought of the Dion Dawkins pick and if you would have gone with a different player or perhaps a different position with that pick.

Bears 3.03 Desmond King CB Iowa

This pick does a lot for me.  It fills another big need for the Bears, he's the best player available for me and he's a Hawkeye.  Would love this pick.

3.04 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Alvin Kamara, RB Tennessee

Yeldon and Ivory really haven't shown a thing, IMO.

Given how their defense has the potential to be really good, adding a little ball control to the offense (not to mention what it would mean to the passing game) I would think this move would pay off big. 

3.04 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Alvin Kamara, RB Tennessee

Yeldon and Ivory really haven't shown a thing, IMO.

Given how their defense has the potential to be really good, adding a little ball control to the offense (not to mention what it would mean to the passing game) I would think this move would pay off big. 
And that was my third choice when I made Steelers pick. Great value, I think he goes top 40 of real draft, as he should.

Users who are viewing this thread