What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota minor league hockey thread (1 Viewer)

Aaaaaand welcome to the Dooche-free Game of Thrones thread!

The arbiters of douchiness will be me and Tre. Belljr had his chance in the other thread but was overrun with douches. I will, however, try to learn from his mistakes and will be taking him on as a trusted advisor.

I believe we can open discussion at this point. Go! :pickle:
I've read all the books. Where you do want me to start?
Have you read Jan Mikkelsson's "Yah, Hockey"?
I have no idea what this thread is about, but I've followed it, and this made me :lmao:

EDIT: THAT WAS NOT A REAL SPOILER AS FAR AS I KNEW, MRS. STRYKER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously had no idea. I've never read the books or watched the show.

HARD DELETE ANY MENTION OF THIS PLEASE.

HARD DELETE!

If FDAS came to beerhole, my wife would probably punch him. THen I'd kick him while he was down but that's just how I roll

Jesus H Mother####ing CHRIST, you people are all terrible in every way imaginable.

I don't even know what the spoiler was, but if anyone is within driving distance of Bumblescum Alabammy, find FDAS and shoot him in the face with AIDS.

Jesus H Mother####ing CHRIST, you people are all terrible in every way imaginable.

I don't even know what the spoiler was, but if anyone is within driving distance of Bumblescum Alabammy, find FDAS and shoot him in the face with AIDS.
I'm not terrible. My mom says I'm a swell guy.

:lmao:

The Mankato Manhandlers pretty much debunked all spoilers.

So what was the letter idea about? I know trying to get money but why was he excited about it
The letter was to the iron bank of braavos. We learned when Tyrion was the master of coin that the crown was in more debt to them than the lannisters, without the means or intent to pay anything back. We've learned through the queen of thorns that the iron bank will use any means to collect. Davos also had just suggested Stannis hire the golden company, a sell sword sub-contractor of sorts, but Stannis said they have no money. So Davos is writing about that stuff one way or another.

Bump

Good stuff afoot. GB Hodor next snap.

Question: Shouldn't Hodor be able to speak when Bran is warging him up?
It would be funny if he starts dropping knowledge. Hodor

Hodor

Well you see we need to head north...the king won't allow us to pass without payment and the only way to beat the Lannister's is....

:mellow:

Hodor

I think this is going to be my new home.

I started another spin through all of the Thrones episodes in preparation for next season. Probably won't spin through the books again this time though.

Almost done with the season 1 re-re-re-watch. Enjoyed the efforts of the guy that played Robert Baratheon a lot more this time through. The interactions between him and Cersei are great. Also really liked the dickface Jaime Lannister portrayal.

At first I was like "Why would I post in a Minnesota hockey thread?"

But then I was like "Why would Homer start a Minnesota hockey thread?"

Ohhhhhh that's right.

Will definitely start another re-watch soon but was contemplating a re-read as well. I read slow so I might start with the 2nd book...but that's for the other thread

FWIW - the first season and the first book match up fairly well. I would still suggest reading it though, because its fun.

Why even bother with a re-read at this point? There's still not so much as a data announced for the next book, which means it's all but inevitable the show passes the books this year, which means there's less incentive to write the books, which means we might get Winds of Winter, but I doubt he writes anything beyond that.

Lots of January shows start this week. What are we watching?

Archer tonight - excited!

Babylon -- Six part Sundance original series (a co-production with the UK's Channel 4) comes from filmmaker Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire) as well as Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong, the pair behind the long-running UK cult comedy Peep Show. This workplace satire—where the workplace in question involves the highest levels of London's police force—stars Brit Marling and James Nesbitt.

Girls

House of Lies -- (watched all of season 1, some of 2...considering catching up)

Shameless -- wife loves this, the most recent season was pretty good I thought

Big Giant Swords -- have to watch this at least once...its a reality show about a guy that makes big giant swords

Workaholics

12 Monkeys -- new SyFy series, don't think much of syfy, but I'm intrigued.

The Musketeers -- BBC series starts 1/17

Black Sails -- Starz pirate show...first season was pretty good I thought.

Walking Dead -- starts back up 2/8

Link to all series: http://www.metacritic.com/feature/tv-premiere-dates

What else?

Why even bother with a re-read at this point? There's still not so much as a data announced for the next book, which means it's all but inevitable the show passes the books this year, which means there's less incentive to write the books, which means we might get Winds of Winter, but I doubt he writes anything beyond that.
Why do you bother to breathe?

Why do you bother to breathe?
To live. It's a pretty unconscious decision.

Haven't you checked the box scores like 4-5 times?

Haven't you checked the box scores like 4-5 times?
I'm just bitter.

I forgot how great this thread is. Good work, Homer. :thumbup:

Tre, of the shows you mention, Archer and TWD are the only ones I'm geeked up about. Haven't seen any of the others.

Pretty intrigued by 12 Monkeys considering it's one of my favorite movies ever. I'm just disappointed it's on SyFy...the potential for awfulness and comically bad writing is high. Plus, they generally have production values on par with a BangBus video.

Tre, of the shows you mention, Archer and TWD are the only ones I'm geeked up about. Haven't seen any of the others.

Pretty intrigued by 12 Monkeys considering it's one of my favorite movies ever. I'm just disappointed it's on SyFy...the potential for awfulness and comically bad writing is high. Plus, they generally have production values on par with a BangBus video.
Right, the low commitment and production levels on SyFy are the big concern.

I sent the link to my wife and she reminded me that Parenthood is back too. :rolleyes: Thankfully the final season...she just watches is without me most of the time. When I have to be there I just yell "FEELINGS" over and over at the stupid family drama.

Right, the low commitment and production levels on SyFy are the big concern.

I sent the link to my wife and she reminded me that Parenthood is back too. :rolleyes: Thankfully the final season...she just watches is without me most of the time. When I have to be there I just yell "FEELINGS" over and over at the stupid family drama.
We liked season 1 of Parenthood. I couldn't take any more in season 2 and quit. Wife last I think midway through season 3. So many feelings.

We've started watching Salem season 1 on the Netflix. I'm intrigued so far, but it's pretty out there. Anybody else seen it?

I like how we can talk about TV in here without an old man yelling at us and shaking his fist because some 12 year old actor on a sitcom isn't up to emmy winning standards.

We've started watching Salem season 1 on the Netflix. I'm intrigued so far, but it's pretty out there. Anybody else seen it?

I like how we can talk about TV in here without an old man yelling at us and shaking his fist because some 12 year old actor on a sitcom isn't up to emmy winning standards.
I've thought about going for Salem a few times on the netflix...maybe I'll give one a shot.

I've thought about going for Salem a few times on the netflix...maybe I'll give one a shot.
It's got a ton of non-nude nudity and a ton of horror movie type imagery, so it's clear they were going for super edgy for basic cable. I'm not sure if it's working or not, but it's the kind of thing I like so I'm still into it.

Lol. Just realized I'm so shell shocked from the other thread I danced around just saying "I'm three episodes in and really liking it so far."

Users who are viewing this thread