What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Montee Ball (2 Viewers)

Ball getting hurt is probably the best thing for his owners.

Any replacement you find will be better then this scrub

Last edited by a moderator:
Something told me to back Ball up with Anderson this week, right before kickoff. I did, and I really hope he's the guy and not Hillman. Who knows. What a waste of a draft spot.
i finally did the same thing... i heard anderson didnt suit up because he cant play special teams... i think it's going to boil down to some form of a 50-50 timeshare between hillman and anderson... with hillman getting most of the passing work

What a disapointment though, at least he provided one decent fantasy performance.... so i cant claim he was worse than 2013 david wilson for me

thanks to my team sucking so much i'll have #2 waivers... maybe i can pickup hillman too and then start the wrong Denver RB each week

Holding on Ball, but that's because I believe what I saw up until the start of this year. I've seen Hillman and Anderson and neither brings a complete game to the table like Ball does.

If I'm wrong it won't be the first time, but i think it's too early to just give up on him.

Holding on Ball, but that's because I believe what I saw up until the start of this year. I've seen Hillman and Anderson and neither brings a complete game to the table like Ball does.

If I'm wrong it won't be the first time, but i think it's too early to just give up on him.
Ditto

Yeah if hes out something like 3-4 weeks Im holding. If hes out something like 6-8 weeks Im probably dropping but I already have way too many players stashes on my bench (Mathews, Ingram, Gordon)

So are ball owners holding or dropping?
I hate to say it, but it looks like Trent Richardson 2013... same performance, same excuses, "He's got nowhere to run!" (then the back-up, Bradshaw last year, comes in and finds room immediately). Maybe just terrible timing for Ball (Denver finally in clock kill mode with a big lead), but Hillman looked so much better right off the bat yesterday.

Bummer for us Montee-KoolAId-chuggers. :topcat:

Didn't Moreno go from healthy scratch to starter/stud last year?
two years ago
Yup it was 2 years ago
Knowshon was sitting on the waiver wire to start the season in a LOT of leagues last year.
Congrats? That still has nothing to do with him being a healthy scratch LAST year cuz he wasnt.
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Point is, Moreno was supposed to be an "also ran" in 2013 and ended up being a star.

Cecil saying he's out 4-6 weeks, if so, he's probably a drop in redraft leagues. Even keeper leagues, I'd be dropping this turd unless he's held pretty late

So are ball owners holding or dropping?
I hate to say it, but it looks like Trent Richardson 2013... same performance, same excuses, "He's got nowhere to run!" (then the back-up, Bradshaw last year, comes in and finds room immediately). Maybe just terrible timing for Ball (Denver finally in clock kill mode with a big lead), but Hillman looked so much better right off the bat yesterday.

Bummer for us Montee-KoolAId-chuggers. :topcat:
Unfortunately this was shaping up to be the first game with Denver having a lead and rolling a team since week 1 vs Indy. Ball was going to get opportunities, maybe that TD, who knows. Not a Ball buster or Ball booster here, it's just that the Denver RB value is tied up with situation, which is great.

if the guy could barely walk yesterday how are we expected to believe he can be back 100% after 3 missed games? seems overly optimistic... considering balls only redeeming quality as a RB is his effort/ability to earn yards after contact he's going to need to have his legs at 100% to be the mediocre player he showed to be the first 4 games

I'd love to free up the roster spot...but RB's are hard to come by this year and if they are saying 2 - 3 weeks, then I have to hold and try to be optimistic. The defenses they face get a little easier in a couple of weeks and they should have more room to run as the season goes on. He could lose his job as starter by then but maybe not. :shrug:

Kendall The Great said:
Link says several weeks now......

However, Ball is expected to be sidelined several weeks, according to two NFL sources. Ball underwent a magnetic resonance imaging exam Monday.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26674157/broncos-montee-ball-expected-miss-two-weeks-groin

Now is it Anderson or Hillman is the question....
the espn beat writer on twitter:

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 42m42 minutes ago
#Broncos HC John Fox said Montee Ball has "groin strain.'' Ball not expected to practice this week and could miss as many as 3 weeks.

User Actions
FollowJeff LegwoldVerified account@Jeff_LegwoldStarting w/Jets game Sunday, #Broncos will play three games in 12 days, so even if Ball misses less than three wks, still could miss 3 games

Anderson or Hillman in the next three matchups @Jets, vs. 49ers, vs Chargers. Sounds risky, imo. Lots of backup RBs are getting their chance right now. I'd be tempted to go with someone else's backup while Ball is out. Oliver, A.Williams, possibly Benny Cunningham.

Bronco Billy said:

I smell a :homer:

I agree though. A few sub par performances shouldn't erase everything we've seen up till now. I must admit an uneasy feeling though. This situation compares eerily to Shonn Greene: productive Big 10 college career, and excellent rookie efficiency in part time appearances. I'm still holding.

Just saw scrolling on the bottom of espn that he is day to day and status for sundays game at the jets is unknown. Does montee have wolverines healing powers or something?

Bronco Billy said:

I smell a :homer:

I agree though. A few sub par performances shouldn't erase everything we've seen up till now. I must admit an uneasy feeling though. This situation compares eerily to Shonn Greene: productive Big 10 college career, and excellent rookie efficiency in part time appearances. I'm still holding.
d4llll

This is starting to smell like "Lets release something to get clicks on our site until the team releases something concrete, because people are trying to make a fast move" type of news cycle....

What sucks is I have to wait until MFL changes his status before I can put him on IR to make a move.

Does anyone know if this will happen for Wed for the offical or is it a overnight thing when they do their player updates with that site?

What sucks is I have to wait until MFL changes his status before I can put him on IR to make a move.

Does anyone know if this will happen for Wed for the offical or is it a overnight thing when they do their player updates with that site?
IR? For a 2-3 week injury? Never.
To me, this seems like a more extensive injury that what is being reported. He was in more pain that what you would expect from a run of the mill groin strain.

Balls fantasy points so far:

Droppable in all leagues.

Waiver wire pickups are outperforming that every week.

13 - Decent 83 total yards with 2 catches and TD

8 - 89 total yards with 3 catches

3 - vs. Seattle in Seattle

1 - Got Hurt

Since everyone does not play in your leagues scoring, I bolded his production. Dropable in all leagues? I don't know about that.

IR? For a 2-3 week injury? Never.
So you would drop him outright? k.
What I'm saying is 1) the Broncos aren't going to IR him, and 2) that means MFL will never list him as IR.

I dropped the Ball and it feels good. I just have a feeling that the injury will keep him out longer than a couple of weeks, and even when he comes back I wouldn't count on much from him. Totally whiffed on this guy as my round 2 pick, but oh well.If you have deep benches it might be worth it to hold him, just on the off chance that he comes back soon and turns his season around. But I don't have that kind of bench space.

Dropped in my local 12 teamer. Was a little surprised but short benches make it a dilemma to hold players. That said, i've held onto Ingram and Gordon in the same league. Weighing up a waiver claim for Ball but tough to carry 3 players who won't immediately contribute, 2 is bad enough.

Dropped in my local 12 teamer. Was a little surprised but short benches make it a dilemma to hold players. That said, i've held onto Ingram and Gordon in the same league. Weighing up a waiver claim for Ball but tough to carry 3 players who won't immediately contribute, 2 is bad enough.
I pulled the rip cord on Ball, dropping him for Branden Oliver in one league, and a bye-week TE in another. I don't have the bench spot to spare for a runner who hasn't produced even when healthy.

Rotoworld:

The Denver Post's Mike Klis said Montee Ball's groin injury "will make it difficult for him to regain his featured-back role this year."

Ball did not play well to start the season, but was still the unquestioned lead back through the Broncos' first three games. If Ronnie Hillman continues to run well the next several weeks, Ball will likely return to more of a committee approach. That would severely limit Ball's value, making him nothing more than a touchdown-or-bust fantasy option. He is still a hold in most formats, but he is looking more and more like a fantasy bust. Ball is likely out until at least Week 9.

Source: Denver Post
Oct 18 - 11:13 AM

Rotoworld:

The Denver Post's Mike Klis said Montee Ball's groin injury "will make it difficult for him to regain his featured-back role this year."

Ball did not play well to start the season, but was still the unquestioned lead back through the Broncos' first three games. If Ronnie Hillman continues to run well the next several weeks, Ball will likely return to more of a committee approach. That would severely limit Ball's value, making him nothing more than a touchdown-or-bust fantasy option. He is still a hold in most formats, but he is looking more and more like a fantasy bust. Ball is likely out until at least Week 9.

Source: Denver Post

Oct 18 - 11:13 AM
I am having a hard time holding him in my 12 team redraft. If Hillman plays well this week, do we cut Ball loose?

Users who are viewing this thread