What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most annoying regional accent... (1 Viewer)

Pick 1

• Northern Midwest (MN, Wisconsin, ND/SD)

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Southern

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • California Skater/Hippie

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • East Coast (NJ/NY/Boston)

Votes: 81 70.4%

• Total voters
RBM said:
How the hell is Boston the same choice as NY/NJ? I would vote for Boston hands down.
Broads love it. They hear me talk and they feel like they're watching a movie. Pants generally fall off within a couple hours. :thumbup:
when paying for the sex this doesn't count
Not even remotely humorous. You have 3 guys from Boston telling you chicks love the accent. Do you think we're all lying? I live out west chicks are literally like "ZOMG, I LOVE the way you talk" :erectnipples:
Of course its east coast. They are so arrogant that they will tell you that women love their accents and that they got the best fans, and the Yankees vs. Redsox are the greatest and Brady is the best ever and ladies will fall to their knees just from hearing their accents and Boston parties like no other and New York city is the capital of the world!!!!!!!!!and they live in SOCAL!

Last edited by a moderator:
RBM said:
How the hell is Boston the same choice as NY/NJ?

I would vote for Boston hands down.
Broads love it. They hear me talk and they feel like they're watching a movie. Pants generally fall off within a couple hours. :wall:
Not even remotely humorous. You have 3 guys from Boston telling you chicks love the accent. Do you think we're all lying? I live out west chicks are literally like "ZOMG, I LOVE the way you talk" :erectnipples:
Of course its east coast. They are so arrogant that they will tell you that women love their accents and that they got the best fans, and the Yankees vs. Redsox are the greatest and Brady is the best ever and ladies will fall to their knees just from hearing their accents and Boston parties like no other and New York city is the capital of the world!!!!!!!!!and they live in SOCAL! GO HOME!
Whoa, jealous much?

Clifton said:
Bill Barue said:
Clifton said:
by_the_sea_wannabe said:
Broads love it. They hear me talk and they feel like they're watching a movie. Pants generally fall off within a couple hours. :shrug:
Of course its east coast. They are so arrogant that they will tell you that women love their accents and that they got the best fans, and the Yankees vs. Redsox are the greatest and Brady is the best ever and ladies will fall to their knees just from hearing their accents and Boston parties like no other and New York city is the capital of the world!!!!!!!!!and they live in SOCAL! GO HOME!
Whoa, jealous much?
:goodposting:

I lived in NJ for 38 years, though in the southern region. I have a very neutral tone. No accent detectable. I'm told this every day by multiple people. I have whats known as a newscaster accent, as in I don't have one. I've worked on this because I hate it.

I can't stand the NJ/NY/BOS accent. Actually, I have a hard time separating the accent from the attitude associated with it. Maybe it's not the accent I hate, but when I hear it I inwardly cringe.
Now that f'n funny. Ok there Pygmalion.

Is it just me or does a southern accent make a guy sound like an ignorant redneck from Deliverance while making a lady sound sweet & sexy??
:confused: was coming in here to post the same thingSpent a year+ in Florida (from NY) and my god I could not stand talking to some of the guys there. The southern accent is not a very masculine one. however, nice lil'southern belle still makes my knees weakAlso: not sure if it is an accent thing, but def a southern thing: guys, PLEASE stop saying "fix'in" when you are talking about doing something. There is nothing broken with the object/location/event you are about to undertake. It does not need "fix'in" in any way shape or form. A simple "I am going to...." would suffice.

I lived in NJ for 38 years, though in the southern region. I have a very neutral tone. No accent detectable. I'm told this every day by multiple people. I have whats known as a newscaster accent, as in I don't have one. I've worked on this because I hate it.

I can't stand the NJ/NY/BOS accent. Actually, I have a hard time separating the accent from the attitude associated with it. Maybe it's not the accent I hate, but when I hear it I inwardly cringe.
:shrug: I had never heard the term until a few months ago. My boss said it to me, and then someone on the phone from across the country said it a few days later.I'm no Henry Higgins :lmao:

:lmao: I had never heard the term until a few months ago. My boss said it to me, and then someone on the phone from across the country said it a few days later.I'm no Henry Higgins ;)
"Stay classy San Diego."

How the hell is Boston the same choice as NY/NJ?

I would vote for Boston hands down.
I know...You could have like 20-30 options. Philly, Boston, NY, NJ, Maine... all different, but have some similarities.

Same thing for southern states.

BTW... why do some from the east coast not pronounce the 'h' when it occurs at the beginning of a word (like 'uman' instead of Human)
Yeah, even between NC and VA there are some major differences. Within the different regions of the states as well (or in VA's case, commonwealth).I'm from Western NC and it is the worst of the southern accents, imo. Nothing charming at all about it, like many of the other southern accents. It just sounds really dumb. It's where "tower" and "tire" have the same pronunciation.

The southern/central VA accent is very different from anything found in NC. There's a wannabe aristocratic feel to it. Many pronounce "ou" or "ow" sounds with a long O. "Out" is often pronounced exactly the same as "oat".

A good Texas accent puts anything in NC or VA to shame.

glvsav37 said:
Is it just me or does a southern accent make a guy sound like an ignorant redneck from Deliverance while making a lady sound sweet & sexy??
:goodposting: was coming in here to post the same thingSpent a year+ in Florida (from NY) and my god I could not stand talking to some of the guys there. The southern accent is not a very masculine one. however, nice lil'southern belle still makes my knees weakAlso: not sure if it is an accent thing, but def a southern thing: guys, PLEASE stop saying "fix'in" when you are talking about doing something. There is nothing broken with the object/location/event you are about to undertake. It does not need "fix'in" in any way shape or form. A simple "I am going to...." would suffice.
Same thing with chicks with British accents. They sound totally hot, but a guy with a British accent just sounds like a pretentious dooshbag.

Same thing with chicks with British accents. They sound totally hot, but a guy with a British accent just sounds like a pretentious dooshbag.
I'll wager you've only ever heard one on TV.
Nope, There was a British girl that worked at my kid's daycare and her accent was definitely hot.
Yeah, I can see where you come from there. But apart from the stereotypical 'British' accent, there's no way that you can call 'British' accents pretentious. Case in point: Jamie Carragher

Any chick with a NY/NJ accent automatically drops two points in my eyes. Honestly, I don't know how there's so many people up there unless it's mostly immigration.

I'll wager you've only ever heard one on TV.
Nope, There was a British girl that worked at my kid's daycare and her accent was definitely hot.
Yeah, I can see where you come from there. But apart from the stereotypical 'British' accent, there's no way that you can call 'British' accents pretentious. Case in point: Jamie Carragher
OK, I was exaggerating on the British guy comment, but we're supposed to be focusing on the hot British chick accent.

Listen, I get that the NY/NJ/Boston accents can be annoying. I grew up in that region. But, let's be real here: are you telling me that the Keanu Reeves, "whoa, dude, chill out, I know kung fu" accent is LESS annoying then any other accent? I can't stand the surfer dude thing, it's the least listenable accent out there. Keanu could tell me the answer to life, the universe and everything and I don't think I could listen to it, even if he spoke with the utmost concern for brevity. California Skater/Hippie should be winning this thing in a landslide.
:thumbup:

Voted this way.

Voted NE. But having grown up in MN and going back there quite often, the more extreme version (Fargo) drives me crazy even though I have a similar accent. Hardest to understand is mid-oklahoma.

Listen, I get that the NY/NJ/Boston accents can be annoying. I grew up in that region. But, let's be real here: are you telling me that the Keanu Reeves, "whoa, dude, chill out, I know kung fu" accent is LESS annoying then any other accent? I can't stand the surfer dude thing, it's the least listenable accent out there. Keanu could tell me the answer to life, the universe and everything and I don't think I could listen to it, even if he spoke with the utmost concern for brevity. California Skater/Hippie should be winning this thing in a landslide.
:thumbup:

Voted this way.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

The 16% of you that find any Midwestern accent to be the most annoying are probably terrible human beings.

A good Midwestern accent cleanses the soul.

The 16% of you that find any Midwestern accent to be the most annoying are probably terrible human beings.

The choice isn't Midwestern, its Northern Midwestern like Wisconsin, North Dakota and Minnesota. Those are bad. Not as grating as East Coast, but bad.

The choice isn't Midwestern, its Northern Midwestern like Wisconsin, North Dakota and Minnesota. Those are bad. Not as grating as East Coast, but bad.
I'm including all of them. If you find anything from Michigan out to the Dakotas to be the most annoying in the country, then you have no soul. Nothing wrong with having no soul, I guess. Just pointing it out.

Agree. I personally find them just barely under East Coast
I find them barely to the side of the East Coast

I chose east coast but wanted to specify that the Boston accent is 10x as bad as the NY/NJ accent.

I love a good Southern drawl, find Bostonian/NY interesting, and enjoy the northern accent but surfer dude/valley chick make me angry inside.

Southern for a woman is great. Southern accent when men are talking makes me hear banjos playing.
Strange how that works. The southern accent does make women hotter while it makes guys sound dumb.

The Boston/NY/NJ accent works in the opposite way for women. It makes women sound cold or tough which is not attactive. It makes guys sound cool/tough.

You have to single out Long Island. By far worse than any of the other nasally annoying east coast crap

Boston/NJ accents are the WORST. I automatically hate anyone who has one.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Nobody forces you to realize where they're from more than Bostonians. I blame New York.

Valley Girl linguistics suck.
:goodposting:

And for some odd reason, I don't mind -- maybe even like -- Philly accents. :)

Another really bad one is Pidgin. :no:

One of the best is South Africa. I could listen to Gary Player almost as long as I can Vin Scully.

:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread