What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Hockey (1 Viewer)

Pioneers Tampa Bound!

6-3 final

Going to be facing a familiar foe in the Sioux - some epic battles over the years

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!  Someone else is here!
Yep. Quinnipiac, according to Melrose and his cohort, dominated the past five minutes. And they did! 

I lived in New Haven and took BarBri at QU. Got recruited for hockey at QU actually, but that was '91, and a whole, whole different era. 

Like wholly different. Like UMASS-Dartmouth vs. BC football different. Still, get tugs at the heartstrings. Can you imagine saying you played hockey there? ####e. 

Wow, pretty cool RA.  Cheering for DU overall but that makes watching BC go down all the sweeter.
Oh, ####. I didn't go. Went to Colgate. 

:laughs: 

And cheered for Yale in '13, actually. Always wanted to go to Yale. 

So sorry for that. 

:laughsagain:

But go QU! 

Crazy ending big saves by Q goalie

Scott Bowman sitting at end of my row here in Tampa

Go Pioneers

They emptied the arena between games, which might be the dumbest thing the NCAA has ever done ... and that's saying a lot.

It is very stupid.  Should have left a couple of hours between games 
I know they used to do it when they had 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. start times, but it's been about a decade since they've done that.

At least in that case, they gave you enough time to go out and rebuild your buzz after it wore off during the first game.

My company, STX, should be there pimping our sticks and gear.  If you see any STX stuff, try and check out the RX2 stick if you can.

My company, STX, should be there pimping our sticks and gear.  If you see any STX stuff, try and check out the RX2 stick if you can.
You work for STX? Nice. I was wearing an STX hat all hockey season ... they were a sponsor at a big HS jamboree here in Mass. last December.

Well not the way I wanted that to end.  ND just made a play you work on in hockey 1 million times. Win draw,shoot,crash net,get rebound,put it in. Hockey 101. Pioneers really played pretty good and had the better of it from late in 2 nd and all but 1 minute of the 3rd. Surprised to see ND go in shell they would have gone for jugular with Blais. 

Going to be interesting on Saturday. This is not the best Sioux team I've seen and a smaller pesky team like Quinnipiac could give them trouble. Du forecheck was effective and Q did the same against a larger BC and hung on. I still think the Sioux get this somehow - Caggiula,Boeser and Schmatlz will be tough to stop.

But a great turnaround by DU this season and they some talent. Heinen will be a key and we will see where Gambrell gets drafted.

You work for STX? Nice. I was wearing an STX hat all hockey season ... they were a sponsor at a big HS jamboree here in Mass. last December.
Yes, I'm the head of Engineering at STX and had a hand in developing all the hockey gear here (sticks, gloves, protective).  We have historically been a lacrosse company but have expanded into hockey in the last 2 years.

UND dominated the tourney, beat the top teams and crushed the #1 team in the country. Sioux forever! 

As for the location. Really enjoyed Tampa. Clean city, not a lot of traffic, people werent DBags and fantastic weather. Big improvement over Boston and my home town of Philly. I am dreading Chicago next year  :(

Cold, windy, shootings, expensive hotels...  
:lmao: at shootings. they happen in areas that you will go nowhere near.

hockey fans complaining about cold and/or wind is new to me too.

are hotels really more expensive than other big cities that host this? there are a lot of options in Chicago. Plus, flights here should be pretty cheap.

:lmao: at shootings. they happen in areas that you will go nowhere near.

hockey fans complaining about cold and/or wind is new to me too.

are hotels really more expensive than other big cities that host this? there are a lot of options in Chicago. Plus, flights here should be pretty cheap.
Being I just stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bath condo on the beach (for $1200) and wore tank tops and shorts all week... yeah Chicago is gonna suck. 

The games wont suck, Chicago will compared to Tampa. I mean you can't compare the two experiences, warm sunny weather while its snowing at home or cold and windy while its cold and windy. 
yeah. Chicago has nothing to offer. I guess that's why zero tourists come to the city.

maybe you should take a beach vacation and watch the games on tv?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah. Chicago has nothing to offer. I guess that's why zero tourists come to the city.

maybe you should take a beach vacation and watch the games on tv?
Your panties on a bit too tight today?? Sorry, your host city wont be as great as Tampa. Take your big boy pills and get over it. 

Yeah we had a hotel not far from there. spent a majority of our time bar hopping. There haven't checked into Tampa that much. Doesnt look like a good "walk around" city. 

plenty of things to do around channelside where the arena is and Ybor City, which is not far and there's a trolley that goes back and forth between the two spots.
I told you that Tampa would be fine. Now apparently it's the greatest host city ever. Neat.

Users who are viewing this thread