What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NE RB Competition 2017 (1 Viewer)

I thought Gilly looked all right other than (iirc) a 4th down carry where I felt he should have cut right rather than left.

FTR, here is PFFs grade for Blounts 2016.

Overall 52.4

If 49.5 is shockingly bad then LG must have had some shockingly bad (or worse) games himself last year and yet he still managed to have a pretty decent year FF wise. 

I still feel strongly that A. Gilly is a much better RB than LG and B. He will be the primary GL back for what should be a relatively high scoring team. I don't get the nitpicking, obviously he won't always get multiple TDs, but his team won't always be trailing in the 4th quarter either. People are way over complicating it, this is FF and from that pov he had a GREAT week so whats not to like? In his first game he did pretty much what I (and many others) was expecting when drafting him everywhere I could this year. 

The Pats should try moving Burkhead to the slot.. If the GB can move Ty from WR to RB,and Cleveland moving Pryor going from QB to WR,why can't the Pats use Burkhead as a WR. They have enough RB's to split carries already. I have a feeling BB is going to do something much different with his stable of RB's next week against the Saints. Burkhead should be much more involved next week somehow...I can see him getting 12-15 touches. He's just as good at catching the ball as White,and a much better runner. and he can do pretty much the same as Gillislee at running the ball,
THIS.   

CSN New England's Mike Giardi believes Rex Burkhead is a "logical choice" to see snaps at slot receiver Week 2 against the Saints.

With Danny Amendola (concussion, knee) looking doubtful at best to play Sunday, the Patriots only have three healthy receivers on the roster, and one of them, Phillip Dorsett, has only been on the team for two weeks and barely knows the offense. Burkhead played the slot at times with the Bengals and is a natural catcher of the ball. It'd be a way to get him on the field more after Burkhead played just 10 snaps Week 1. Still, Burkhead can't be trusted in fantasy this week.

Wasn't it Lombardi?

Perhaps both
I think it's much more obvious now with Amandola's concussion. and the fact that Hogan isn't good as a slot receiver. If Burkhead pans out well in the slot,their is no reason he can't stay their for a while as long as Amandola is out and maybe splits slot duties when he returns...Amandola is too damn fragile to be an every down player.  I can't see Dorsett being a factor in the slot either.If he couldn't produce with Luck,I doubt he will do much with the Pats. We will see.....This week will be very interesting game to watch. I'm tempted to start Burkhead in a league over Powell and in another one with Howard. ppr leagues. 

As it stands: 

Lewis looks ALMOST irrelevant.

Gislee looks like the guy to own as he'll get most of the short yardage work.  He looked quick too though....it wasn't like he was Jerome Bettis out there.

Burkhead looks interesting.......but he's going to have to earn playing time.

White looks like White. He'll be there in the shadows; a better football player than fantasy player and then all of a sudden will drop RB1 numbers on you in a game. 
So is this White's week for RB1 numbers?  It sure feels like it.

They are all going to have big games here and there but the only ones worth owning right now are Gillislee, because they clearly like him in the short yardage role, and White who is their preferred pass catcher.

Burkhead and Lewis are really just speculative injury picks because there is no way you should start either one without an injury in front of them.

Any more talk of Dion being traded.....I'm hanging onto him with that hope.  Still believe in his talent.

I'm seriously considering plugging Gillislee into my Flex over C Hyde. Last year I took a gamble on Blount in the Flex and TD's kept coming. In our TD heavy league I'm thinking Gilly for TD's and perhaps 60 yards a game on 12-15 carries on average. The goal line talk is what intrigues me. NE most likely playing with the lead and SF most likely playing from behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to use White in my PPR Flex (over Watkins), but I don't trust Hoodie. James White HAS to be heavily involved this weekend, right? But every ranking I've seen so far this week has him ranked fairly low.

I'm seriously considering plugging Gillislee into my Flex over C Hyde. Last year I took a gamble on Blount in the Flex and TD's kept coming. In our TD heavy league I'm thinking Gilly for TD's and perhaps 60 yards a game on 12-15 carries on average. The goal line talk is what intrigues me. NE most likely playing with the lead and SF most likely playing from behind.
It's not even a contest to choose between Gilleslee or Hyde. Gilly has all the scoring opportunities on a high-scoring team, PLUS he gets carries outside red zone.

Touches last week by Gilleslee: 15 rushes
Touches last week by Hyde: 9 rushes 6 receptions

I want to use White in my PPR Flex (over Watkins), but I don't trust Hoodie. James White HAS to be heavily involved this weekend, right? But every ranking I've seen so far this week has him ranked fairly low.
Why would he have to be more involved?

With all due respect, if you don't trust Hoodie, why did you buy a share of his backfield (which I think most people would agree (for fantasy purposes) is unpredictable at best)? That's what gets me about some of the posts in this thread...guys bought into a confusing/frustrating backfield and then seem to be confused/frustrated by what happens in the games. And many of those same folks claim to know it was an unpredictable backfield with an unpredictable HC when they bought in. Upthread, some guy declared all the NE backs un-rosterable by halftime of the first game of the season and said he was ####canning them for ww players. WTF was he thinking he was getting when he bought in?  SMH...

I thought I was getting a potentially usable RB in the 14th round of my draft. Maybe I did, maybe I didnt. How many trustworthy RBs are around that late in drafts?

You don't have any guys on your bench that you are iffy about?

Isn't the uncertainty surrounding the NE RBs the whole point in this thread?

I thought I was getting a potentially usable RB in the 14th round of my draft. Maybe I did, maybe I didnt. How many trustworthy RBs are around that late in drafts?

You don't have any guys on your bench that you are iffy about?

Isn't the uncertainty surrounding the NE RBs the whole point in this thread?
Yes. And that is why I am perplexed by the amount of confusion and frustration expressed so far. Owners who bought into the NE backfield did so knowing there is definite value there but its going to be difficult to trust any player week to week. At least, they should have known that, IMO. I don't understand the guys who drafted parts of this backfield knowing it was highly unsettled and then think they have it figured out after one game. Not saying that is you...just generally speaking.  

Yes. And that is why I am perplexed by the amount of confusion and frustration expressed so far. Owners who bought into the NE backfield did so knowing there is definite value there but its going to be difficult to trust any player week to week. At least, they should have known that, IMO. I don't understand the guys who drafted parts of this backfield knowing it was highly unsettled and then think they have it figured out after one game. Not saying that is you...just generally speaking.  
It's a mental disorder.  Picked Blount last year in the 13th round.  had D. Lewis a few years ago when he lite the league on fire for the 1st 6 or 7 games.  Drafted two of the four NE RB's this year-Burkhead & Lewis{slump}.   Some of us like getting hit in the head with a hammer once in awhile too.

Users who are viewing this thread