What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix Original: Stranger Things (1 Viewer)

As far as the age thing goes, I actually think they gave a wink to that in the beginning of the 1st episode where El is writing her letter and says something to the effect of “I feel so much older and it’s only been 9 months”.

This night be my favorite season yet. What a great job they are doing with this. Two thumbs way up!
Agreed.  Was talking about this with my son yesterday.  Definitely better than seasons 2 and 3.  It may be better than season 1, but the novelty and nostalgia of season 1 is tough to surpass.

Few of the episodes felt a bit too long, but overall I thought it was good.  Will be curious how they bring Hopper and Joyce back into the fold for the ending (assuming they will).

So now we know how the original doorway was created.

We finished Vol. 1 this morning.  Outstanding.  Just an incredible job story building and weaving everything.  Is there Emmy straight up for "Lore Building"?  I don't even want to begin hinting at a single thing spoiler adjacent.  We were just endlessly entertained and can't wait for July 1st. 

ETA:  Just wanted to add, I know whenever I've seen a negative angle in a review it has to do with the sheer immense-ness of the episodes and multiple storylines.  Sure I found myself less locked in on the Russia stuff (though A+ for ambition of it).  But given how they've invested a ton in these characters across multiple seasons and how well they've weaved things in the first volume.  I think they have and, I can for see, will do a great job pulling those threads back in...maybe even into next season.  Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
We finished Vol. 1 this morning.  Outstanding.  Just an incredible job story building and weaving everything.  Is there Emmy straight up for "Lore Building"?  I don't even want to begin hinting at a single thing spoiler adjacent.  We were just endlessly entertained and can't wait for July 1st. 

ETA:  Just wanted to add, I know whenever I've seen a negative angle in a review it has to do with the sheer immense-ness of the episodes and multiple storylines.  Sure I found myself less locked in on the Russia stuff (though A+ for ambition of it).  But given how they've invested a ton in these characters across multiple seasons and how well they've weaved things in the first volume.  I think they have and, I can for see, will do a great job pulling those threads back in...maybe even into next season.  Can't wait.
:greatposting:

This is how Marvel should be using streaming content imo.  We are invested in these characters because the creators care about the characters, they have allowed the characters to drive the story as much as the overarching plot, and they have spent the time to allow the characters to develop.

One thing that struck me is that even though I binge watched the first half of this season, and I'm super excited about July 1st, I have found that I am not disappointed that we have to wait for it.  I thoroughly enjoyed the ride through these 7 super sized episodes, and am able to enjoy where we've come without the anticipation for the next episodes diminishing that satisfaction in any way.

Binged it all basically between Saturday and Sunday.  Then I re-watched episodes 3 & 4 with my son last night and will probably watch the next 3 again over the rest of the week.

It is just fantastic.  They definitely leave it hanging for episode 8 and it is going to be a long wait.

Solid season, definitely back to season 1 quality. I enjoyed the other two but the difference between 3 (just rewatched with some FFing) and 4 is immense. I will say that the twist was pretty easy to see and while I expected it, I liked how it was done especially from the two different view points.

I thought the season started off a little slow but ended really strong. Overall, great season so far. Looking forward to the next volume. And I don't mind the delay, gives me a chance to go back and rewatch. A little time to soak in what I just saw, haha.

It was good! Better than some other seasons. Really great feel, though I could use less flashbacks to prior scenes from season 1. But I'm into this season. 

Fun season so far. Loved the nods to 80’s horror movies. I also thought they did a great job with the 3 different storylines and assume they’ll merge into 1.

I hope they keep the series going. They’ve built a solid universe and have done a good job introducing new characters. Some of the original characters like Mike and Will aren’t needed anymore IMO. I’d watch a Dustin and Steve spin-off show though.

ericttspikes said:
Fun season so far. Loved the nods to 80’s horror movies. I also thought they did a great job with the 3 different storylines and assume they’ll merge into 1.

I hope they keep the series going. They’ve built a solid universe and have done a good job introducing new characters. Some of the original characters like Mike and Will aren’t needed anymore IMO. I’d watch a Dustin and Steve spin-off show though.
I believe they've already agreed to a 5th season.

need2know said:
My only gripe is I wanted the hopper prison storyline to wrap up already.   Seems like they have been trying to get him out of prison for years.
Agreed.. I was done with the whole Russian storyline last season. It drags during those parts, but overall a great season.

Everyone talks about the elm street throwbacks, but I enjoyed the throwback to silence of the lambs, as well as the scene riding bikes that reminded me of the ET scene.

The El storyline at times were tough to follow, but the pay off was well worth it!

Can't wait for Volume 2 :popcorn:

need2know said:
My only gripe is I wanted the hopper prison storyline to wrap up already.   Seems like they have been trying to get him out of prison for years.
It seemed like it was dropped in from a different series. Like they spliced in scenes from one of David Harbour's action movies. I enjoyed those scenes for what they were, but they didn't feel like they gelled with everything else.

The Hawkins and California scenes, however, were the best stuff the show has done since Season 1. I was really invested in those characters and storylines. 

Andy Dufresne said:
The clock sound appears to be an homage to The Evil Dead movies.

And the head guy at the asylum is made to look just like Loomis from Halloween.
👍Agree and was a nice touch of Hellraiser when 001 went through the upside down and became Vecna. 

I’m blown away that they are doing another season after this one. I would’ve bet a lot of money this was the last one. That’s unbelievable to me. 
I was the same way, thought for sure this was it then my daughter told me otherwise. Seems like a perfect ending point especially with the great job they have done so far with Season 4 and the two final episodes being movies.

Never disappointed with reliving my 80's formative years and will certainly watch just thought this would have been a good ending point. Oddly, Netflix never called an asked for my opinion... 

Not sure if this been covered already but don't want to read through this whole thread in case spoilers exist but is season 4 ok for a 12 year old?  My son watched the first three season and while he was scared at parts he loved it.  Heard this season is a bit more intense (especially the first scene or two).  

Anyway, would love some folks input on that in a non-spoiler way as I sure as hell want to watch it.

Thanks

Not sure if this been covered already but don't want to read through this whole thread in case spoilers exist but is season 4 ok for a 12 year old?  My son watched the first three season and while he was scared at parts he loved it.  Heard this season is a bit more intense (especially the first scene or two).  

Anyway, would love some folks input on that in a non-spoiler way as I sure as hell want to watch it.

Thanks

Depends on the 12 year old.  My 18 year old daughter thought it was pretty scary, and she loved the first 3 seasons.  

Thanks
6th/7th grader? Yeah, I think it'd be okay and I'm pretty sensitive about such things.

It is intense type scary, but not gallons of blood gross out scary. I'd say watch the first episode yourself and judge from there.

6th/7th grader? Yeah, I think it'd be okay and I'm pretty sensitive about such things.

It is intense type scary, but not gallons of blood gross out scary. I'd say watch the first episode yourself and judge from there.
This.  Some kids will be fine, but for others it will be too graphic/intense.  I agree, watch the first ep and make a decision for your case.

Thanks

this season seems way more graphic than previous ones.  maybe its just me

Thanks for all the help.  He is just finishing up 6th grade and he watched the first three seasons earlier this year.   Will likely watch that first episode myself like suggested.  

Thanks for all the help.  He is just finishing up 6th grade and he watched the first three seasons earlier this year.   Will likely watch that first episode myself like suggested.  
I’m watching it with my 10,11,&12 yo. We have all finished this season except the 10yo who was away at camp last weekend so we are watching it again with her this week. They all love it. But we do have to watch an episode or two if friends after for eye bleach before bed. 

Enjoyed season 4.  Give them a lot of credit for putting together a good “bookend” story.

not to hate but:

episode 5 was a snoozer for all but about 7 minutes

the hopper storyline was a huge drag - could have done without it

attempts at humor are mediocre at best

Enjoyed season 4.  Give them a lot of credit for putting together a good “bookend” story.

not to hate but:

episode 5 was a snoozer for all but about 7 minutes

the hopper storyline was a huge drag - could have done without it

attempts at humor are mediocre at best
literally fell asleep.  Season was entertaining overall, but felt a little disjointed and dragged in parts 

Thanks
My 12 year old loved it. He loves scary movies though. I think this is fine for 12 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread