What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New QB's (1 Viewer)

fornov

Footballguy
There are quite a few QB changes coming this week, mostly from injuries, but also by coach's decision. Which of them, if any, would be worth targeting for the next month? Here are the new QB's for week 10, from what I can tell so far:

Rex Grossman, Chi

Daunte Culpepper/Drew Stanton, Det

Shaun Hill, SF

Byron Leftwich?, Pit

Brady Quinn, Cle

Sage Rosenfels, Hou

I don't know if Leftwich will start next week, but I included him here because he played the whole second half tonight.

I'm thinking the best bets would be Rosenfels, Quinn, and Grossman, in that order. What does everyone else think?

There are quite a few QB changes coming this week, mostly from injuries, but also by coach's decision. Which of them, if any, would be worth targeting for the next month? Here are the new QB's for week 10, from what I can tell so far:Rex Grossman, ChiDaunte Culpepper/Drew Stanton, DetShaun Hill, SFByron Leftwich?, PitBrady Quinn, CleSage Rosenfels, HouI don't know if Leftwich will start next week, but I included him here because he played the whole second half tonight.I'm thinking the best bets would be Rosenfels, Quinn, and Grossman, in that order. What does everyone else think?
I think out of all of them..Shaun Hill's going to have everyone reminiscing about last year, and then wondering why in the world he hasn't started since Week One.Daunte Culpepper is going to start for the Lions and regain some of his former flare.Grossman? No thanks, we've seen enough.Brady Quinn will be just fine -- although he'll be sure to suffer through the inexperienced QB mistakes.

I like Ferrote's upcoming schedule, especially if Berrian continues to play well.

I put him 2nd to Sage.

Quinn's schedule is pretty up & down. He may make a decent QBBC.

Hill has only one tough game for the rest of the season, but I have to think the offensive philosophy will change a little under Singletary.

Last edited by a moderator:
From this list, I would see Rosenfels as the best option, based on past performance. Leftwich would be next, but you have to wait for Big Ben's injury to be evaluated to determine the true value here. Hill would be next, but, based on his limited past performance, would be a bigger role of the dice.

Not to hijack, but if you added Bulger and Flacco to this list, where would they fall? Personally struggling to make a decision between Rosenfels and Bulger, but maybe it should not be so difficult. Bulger has great schedule ahead (HOU's is a tough road), but I have not seen him play since the coaching change, so it woudl be great if anyone can share their thoughts.

1. Sage Rosenfels

2. Gus Frerotte

3. Shaun Hill

4. Brady Quinn

5. Byron Leftwich

6. Daunte Culpepper

7. Joe Flacco

8. Rex Grossman

9. Ryan Fitzpatrick

10. Tyler Thigpen

1. Sage Rosenfels2. Gus Frerotte3. Shaun Hill4. Brady Quinn5. Byron Leftwich6. Daunte Culpepper7. Joe Flacco8. Rex Grossman9. Ryan Fitzpatrick10. Tyler Thigpen
That list looks pretty good. I think I'd move Grossman up to 6, maybe 5 if Roethlisberger is still able to play. If Roethlisberger can't play, I think I'd move Leftwich up to 3.

1. Sage Rosenfels2. Gus Frerotte3. Shaun Hill4. Brady Quinn5. Byron Leftwich6. Daunte Culpepper7. Joe Flacco8. Rex Grossman9. Ryan Fitzpatrick10. Tyler Thigpen
sage is too high. best-case scenario, schaub is out 2 weeks. one of those is the ravens. no thanks. (schaub owner who wants him back quickly by the way).

I'd move Thigpen way up that list based on his last two performances. I'm putting him #2 on my claim list behind Sage.

sage is too high. best-case scenario, schaub is out 2 weeks. one of those is the ravens. no thanks. (schaub owner who wants him back quickly by the way).
The Ravens have issues in the secondary and the Texans have great weapons in the passing game. I don't think the Texans lose much, if anything, going from Schaub to Rosenfels so I think Rosenfels will do quite well. I wouldn't be shy about starting him this week if I needed to. I'll continue to say that I think people are sleeping on Frerotte. He's put up very good numbers - especially recently - and yet he isn't getting much attention. FBG, for example, still doesn't seem sold on him. Hill could generate production because of the system the way O'Sullivan did. O'Sullivan is a terrible QB but simply by being in Martz's system, he was a Top 15 QB for a stretch. Hill could match that if he isn't utterly worthless and especially with a very good schedule the rest of the way. Quinn's tough to rank. Very good weapons in Edwards and Winslow and some good matchups (especially this week). I think things are set up for him to do well but the Browns are such a mess that I'm not sure a change at QB will solve all of their problems.ETA - I agree Thigpen is ranked too low. I wouldn't put him at 2. I'd probably put him at 5 behind Rosenfels, Frerotte, Hill and Quinn, but the guy is getting it done. I have no idea how it's happening to be honest but it's happening so he definitely is earning serious consideration for QB-strapped teams.

Schaub will miss a month minimum. Sage is not too high and I'd be surprised to see Schuab again this year.

I noticed that Thigpen has put up some decent numbers the last few weeks

For those who have seen him play how has he looked?

I am also curious what to expect out of S. Hill out in SF

I noticed that Thigpen has put up some decent numbers the last few weeksFor those who have seen him play how has he looked?I am also curious what to expect out of S. Hill out in SF
I thought he showed drastic improvement in the Jets game. He looked good enough vs. Tampa. Like I said above, he is my #2 claim behind Rosenfels. Out of all those guys, he is pretty much the only one who is the unquestioned starter the rest of the year, which IMO should add to his value.

I'd move Thigpen way up that list based on his last two performances. I'm putting him #2 on my claim list behind Sage.
Agreed, I did the exact same thing. :thumbup: Even though I haven't seen him play, I know statistically Thigpen has played well the past two weeks at the Jets and home vs. TB. He's shown to be versatile in how he can score points too. He's ran for 20 + yds a game. He's thrown for three and caught one TD the past two weeks. Thigpen also has a pretty nice schedule during playoffs:mad: Raiders@ Broncosvs Chargersvs DolphinsAll in all a pretty nice under the radar pickup this week.

Agreed, I did the exact same thing. :thumbup: Even though I haven't seen him play, I know statistically Thigpen has played well the past two weeks at the Jets and home vs. TB. He's shown to be versatile in how he can score points too. He's ran for 20 + yds a game. He's thrown for three and caught one TD the past two weeks. Thigpen also has a pretty nice schedule during playoffs:mad: Raiders@ Broncosvs Chargersvs DolphinsAll in all a pretty nice under the radar pickup this week.
I absolutely <3 his playoff schedule. I ended up getting Sage, but kind of wish I had room on my roster for Thigpen. I think if he continues to progress he could be a nice diamond in the rough down the stretch.

is it a definite that Orton doesn't play this week? thought i saw a post earlier in the day saying something to the effect that Orton could play. any news?

Users who are viewing this thread