What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2 Viewers)

Who do you think will win?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jets homer so think there will be an upset of course! Like this matchup just as much as SD. Jets stink vs the pass and are very good vs the run. Shut down Bettis/Staley and let Roths make some rookie mistakes (he looked a little shaky vs the Jets the first time - with playoff pressure it is a new game - ie Kaeding!) Look for the Jets to continue to stun people by throwing it deep (maybe they were saving it for the playoffs!) - and the defense to keep it tight. A late big play by Vilma may be the difference. Jets 20 Pitt 17 - Upset special - Herm's Bus gets a lot more passengers to go into NE!

I see BGP is here.

Prediction : BGP will say that Cowher is a lousy coach and says the Jets win easily.

Edited to add : I was wrong - a tepid Steelers pick. Wonders may never cease. :D
I think the Steelers are a weak 15-1 club. Very overrated. I do not believe they can navigate this playoff field and win the super bowl. I'll pick them to win over the Jets, however.
BGP HAS A WEAK MIND! :fishing: Whatsa matter BGP, you a Brownie fan?? That may explain your inability to comprehend what a winner is!

Been a long time for you... maybe never, huh? Not too late for you! Crack open an Iron City, chug it down and be re-born a winner!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

:stillers: :stillers:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, first things first. While BGP presents some compelling statistics about winners based on defensive efficiency, this can be an extraordinarily misleading stat. To wit :

Hypothetical situation. Steelers are playing Indianapolis. On Manning's first play from scrimmage, he hits Harrison for an 80 yard touchdown. Now, let's use 2 different scenarios todescribe the three ensuing drives.

Scenario 1. On their next drive, the Colts go 46 yards and Vanderjagt misses a 50 yard field goal wide left. On the following possession, the Colts drive 37 yards, but are forced to punt, pinning the Steelers at their 10. On their fourth possession, they get 2 first downs, gaining 29 yards, but get stopped short on 3rd and 2 and must punt.

Scenario 2. On their next drive after the TD, Manning throws 2 passes incomplete and Edge gets stopped for a gain of 2. 3-and-out, the Colts punt. Next possession the Colts gain 4 yards, then are stuffed on 3rd and 6. No gain, they punt again. On the following possession, the Colts get 8 on first down, throw an incomplete pass, and Manning is sacked for a loss of 6 on third down. Colts punt again.

Which is the better defensive performance? You'd have to be a fool not to choose Scenario 2, right?

WRONG !!! In Scenario 1, the Colts have scored 7 points while gaining 192 yards. An off-the-charts defensive efficiency of 27.43 !! In Scenario 2, they have scored 7 points on only 88, for a repugnant 12.57. The defense in example 2, based on their terrible efficiency, would have no chance of winning a Super Bowl.

Before anyone gets up in arms about the use of hyperbole to illustrate my point here, let's just remember that the model BGP is using determined that the Jets have a defensive edge despite allowing more yards AND more points.

Steelers D will bring the blitz so many times in the first quarter, Pennington will eat a couple pounds of Heinz Field sod! Defense will win this game , the AFC championship and the SB for Pittsburgh!

Next, let's address the fact that Roethlisberger has been "struggling" down the stretch. It's funny that those who like to point out stats to prove that Roethlisberger has "hit the wall" like to use a 3-game sample to show recency. Convenient, because Roethlisberger's only subpar game in the last month of the season was 3 games ago : 9-19 for 144 0/2 against the Jets. Aside from that, his other games in Decemberat Jacksonville : 14-17 for 221 2/0at Giants : 18-28 for 316 1/2Baltimore : 14-19 for 221 2/1 in 3 quarters.So, if you want to look at the whole last month of the season, he completed 66% of his throws for 902 yards and 5/5. If you want even better recency than a 3-game sample, you can look at his last 2 games, where he hit 68% of his passes for 537 yards 3/3 in 7 quarters. Or better still, look at only the last game he played - 74% for 221 yards 2/1 in 3 quarters.If you watched the games, you'd know too - that 3 of those 5 picks thrown in December were bad throws. The other 2 came off deflections and were entirely not his fault. Be that as it may, they count - I get that. However, let's stop using whatever stats are convenient to prove our point. The guy had one subpar game, one decent game, and 2 excellent games in the last month, most played without his primary deep threat. He is not struggling and has not hit the wall.Enough is enough already.

I can't believe BGP spends so much time bashing the Steelers, but I guess he does it since he catches so many of you on his obvious fishing trips.The Jets can certainly win this game, but it just seems like the Jets fans,with their long winded expalinations of how they can win, are whistling in the grave yard.The Steelers will win because they are the better team AND they've had a week off.... it really is that simple.

No.I am a Browns fan. To be honest I'd just as soon see New York lose because New York teams win too much in sports as it is.
Since 2000, how many NY teams have won anything?Just thought I would throw that out there because it is a beautiful thing.....Jets can't make the same mistakes they made against SD (and throughout key points in games all year, for that matter) and expect Pitt (or Indy or NE, for that matter) to give tham another chance like SD did.Pitt wins by 7.

I thought Ben has struggled in his last 14 straight wins too. 
I didn't say over the last 14 wins. I said recently, as in his stretch to end the season where he threw 3TDs and 5INTs. That has to concern anyone. If I were a steeler fan it would concern ME.
Do you think Indy and/or New England can stop the Steelers running game?
Heck, I'll believe the JETS will stop the Steelers running game. They stopped it in their last meeting:Duce Staley: 16/50, 3.13 ypcBettis: 10/57, 5.7 ypcCombined: 3.85 ypcThe Redskins also stopped the Steelers run game. A good run defense CAN stop these Steelers. The Colts probably won't be able to but the I think the Patriots will.
While I agree that Roethlisberger struggled a bit down the stretch, it's a testament to the "completeness" of the Steelers that they still won.Also, during that stretch he was missing his favorite target as he was against the Jets and Redskins. A fact that allowed those very good defenses to concentrate more on stopping the run. They won't be able to do that with the Steelers' full complement of receivers on the field

I think the Steelers will win in a close one, 21-13, but dominate the game. The Steelers are the better team, playing at home, and are well-rested. The only way they lose is if they play sloppy and turn the ball over.

I can't believe BGP spends so much time bashing the Steelers, but I guess he does it since he catches so many of you on his obvious fishing trips.The Jets can certainly win this game, but it just seems like the Jets fans,with their long winded expalinations of how they can win, are whistling in the grave yard.The Steelers will win because they are the better team AND they've had a week off.... it really is that simple.
Some of his posts are obvious :fishing: but others I believe are not. I think he's 100% serious when he talks about Roethlisberger hitting the wall, and likewise, I think he believes strongly in the validity of the defensive efficiency stat.I let it go for a while, but eventually I just get fed up and have to throw numbers at that stuff. Can't help it - it's just the way I am. So, if it's a fishing trip, it will always be successful. You don't even need a pole, just lay some bait out in the boat, and I will jump right in.

This is one of those games that looks like a good bet to be a tight one the whole way. The Jets are riding high after a big win, the Steelers have a rookie QB who is "struggling" (as we've read earlier in the thread), and the Jets defense is solid.However, I really think that if you take the points you'll look back on it and say, "what was I thinking? The Steelers were coming off two weeks rest, they have a great running game and a solid D, Plax and some other starters are back and healthy, the Jets just got done playing 5 quarters of emotionally and physically draining game and the Steelers are 15-1 for a reason."The best thing the Steelers have going for them was it was a tight game the last time they played. They will not be overconfident - in fact I think they still feel like they have a lot of things to prove to their doubters.To me, this has the makings of a game where the Steelers come out hot and put the Jets away early, like the 2002 Baltimore game in the divisional playoffs.Steelers 27 Jets 10

Here is the EARLY forecast for Saturday in Pittsburgh:

Saturday 1/15 Forecast in Detail for PITTSBURGH, PA

Day

Partly sunny, windy and very cold with a couple of flurries

High 16° F

Maximum RealFeel® -2° F

RealFeel Shade® -3° F

Winds NNW at 15 mph

Wind Gusts 28 mph

Maximum UV 2

Thunderstorm Probability 0%

Amount of Precipitation 0.00 in

Amount of Rain 0.00 in

Amount of Snow 0 in

Hours of Precipitation 2

Hours of Rain 0

Night

A few flakes possible in the evening; otherwise, partly cloudy and very cold

Low 4° F

Minimum RealFeel® -10° F

RealFeel Shade® -10° F

Winds NNW at 11 mph

Wind Gusts 21 mph

Maximum UV 0

Amount of Rain 0.00 in

Amount of Snow 0 in

Hours of Precipitation 0

Hours of Rain 0

Accupop™

16 !!!!! :eek: The weather channel has the high as 27.I am going to freeze my BUTT off. I am going to need some antifreeze. :banned:

Here is the EARLY forecast for Saturday in Pittsburgh:

Saturday 1/15 Forecast in Detail for PITTSBURGH, PA

Day

Partly sunny, windy and very cold with a couple of flurries

High 16° F

Maximum RealFeel® -2° F

RealFeel Shade® -3° F

Winds NNW at 15 mph

Wind Gusts 28 mph

Maximum UV 2

Amount of Rain 0.00 in

Amount of Snow 0 in

Hours of Precipitation 2

Hours of Rain 0

Night

A few flakes possible in the evening; otherwise, partly cloudy and very cold

Low 4° F

Minimum RealFeel® -10° F

RealFeel Shade® -10° F

Winds NNW at 11 mph

Wind Gusts 21 mph

Maximum UV 0

Amount of Rain 0.00 in

Amount of Snow 0 in

Hours of Precipitation 0

Hours of Rain 0

Accupop™
That's Pittsburgh Steelers football weather.

Something to consider: In the last two weeks, the Jets starters have played nine and a half quarters of playoff football, with everything on the line.Guys like Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger have played ZERO.Hard to envision the Jets having the endurance to stay with Bus for four quarters at a frigid Heinz Field.

Something to consider: In the last two weeks, the Jets starters have played nine and a half quarters of playoff football, with everything on the line.

Guys like Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger have played ZERO.

Hard to envision the Jets having the endurance to stay with Bus for four quarters at a frigid Heinz Field.
I think this is the big key.There's not a huge talent discrepancy between these two teams by any stretch (nor any of this years AFC playoff teams, except maybe Denver)

I think the Jets will be in the game most of the way, but will wear down late.

I'm a Jets fan first, let me get that out of the way.I was NOT impressed with the Steelers Offense at all thru 3 quarters the last game. As the game wore on, the line and the physical play of Bettis running downfield wore us down. I haven't seen our D LIne pushed around like that all year. As far as our offense, we could never really get anything going on the ground either. It seemed like when we went 3 and 4 wide, we actually started to move the ball on the Steelers, but with our team, its virtually impossible to go deep or across the middle on the Steelers. To win, the Jets will need BIG PLAYS on defense and special teams, because the offense will get lucky to put up more than 13, otherwise, I'm afraid the Bus will roll over us in what will be the most physical game of the season for the Jets.Prediction: Steelers 23 Jets 20

It's too bad that I just got back to this site now and missed all of the earlier fun in this thread. I glanced through it all, and just kind of skimmed past all of BGP's statistical "analysis." Anyone who thinks Roethlisberger struggled down the stretch didn't watch the games, and anyone who looks at his numbers as the sole judge of how he's playing is clueless. BGP thinks the Pats will stop the Steelers' running game if they meet in 2 weeks, but maybe he should look at the box score from their first meeting and then consider Seymour is hurting now.Hmmmmm, considering all of Bettis' short yardage TDs this season, how good would Ben's numbers look if he got an extra 4 or 5 two yard TD passes like a Brett Favre or Peyton Manning would have? I think the Steelers will move the ball effectively against the Jets on the ground and through the air, and people underestimate just how important Burress' presence is to the offense as a whole. He alone has the ability to keep the defensive secondary honest, and it'll make pounding the ball with Bettis and Duce that much easier. Stack the line, and Ben has proven more than capable of making plays with his arm. The guy was 2nd in the NFL in yards per attempt, just behind Manning.As for the Jets' offense, their only chance is to try and do something that no one else has done all year... run the ball consistently. They don't have the offensive firepower to jump on the Steelers early, so they'll have to try and hang around until the fourth quarter and make the plays to win.It'll be a hard fought game, but the Steelers have the advantage at running the ball and stopping the run. The Steelers also have a more explosive offense with Burress playing this time, and if the Steelers execute their game plan, i think it's going to be tough for the Jets to keep up.

I'm a Jets fan first, let me get that out of the way.I was NOT impressed with the Steelers Offense at all thru 3 quarters the last game. As the game wore on, the line and the physical play of Bettis running downfield wore us down. I haven't seen our D LIne pushed around like that all year. As far as our offense, we could never really get anything going on the ground either. It seemed like when we went 3 and 4 wide, we actually started to move the ball on the Steelers, but with our team, its virtually impossible to go deep or across the middle on the Steelers. To win, the Jets will need BIG PLAYS on defense and special teams, because the offense will get lucky to put up more than 13, otherwise, I'm afraid the Bus will roll over us in what will be the most physical game of the season for the Jets.Prediction: Steelers 23 Jets 20
The Steelers offense is much better with Burress. That is not to say that the Steelers will go to an aerial attack this time but his presence opens up both the passing and running game more.

I can't believe BGP spends so much time bashing the Steelers, but I guess he does it since he catches so many of you on his obvious fishing trips.

The Jets can certainly win this game, but it just seems like the Jets fans,with their long winded expalinations of how they can win, are whistling in the grave yard.

The Steelers will win because they are the better team AND they've had a week off.... it really is that simple.
Actually, its the reverse.I can blast Schottenheimer for choking, I pick against the Jets twice, I say the Colts probably have no shot to win the Super Bowl, I see the Eagles failing to win it all again. I say the Packers and Vikings have no shot. I say the Falcons are terribly overrated, etc., etc.

Its just that a certain fanbase that roots for a team that plays near three rivers in the hills of Appalachia are delusional that I am only bashing their club. Its not my fault that they are so self-centered and have an ego the size of mars.

I can't believe BGP spends so much time bashing the Steelers, but I guess he does it since he catches so many of you on his obvious fishing trips.

The Jets can certainly win this game, but it just seems like the Jets fans,with their long winded expalinations of how they can win, are whistling in the grave yard.

The Steelers will win because they are the better team AND they've had a week off.... it really is that simple.
Actually, its the reverse.I can blast Schottenheimer for choking, I pick against the Jets twice, I say the Colts probably have no shot to win the Super Bowl, I see the Eagles failing to win it all again. I say the Packers and Vikings have no shot. I say the Falcons are terribly overrated, etc., etc.

Its just that a certain fanbase that roots for a team that plays near three rivers in the hills of Appalachia are delusional that I am only bashing their club. Its not my fault that they are so self-centered and have an ego the size of mars.
FWIW - I don't think you are just bashing at all... that's why I took the time to construct fact-based, thought-out responses to your posts rather than just saying "Browns suck, Steelers rule..." yada yada yada.A lot of what you say has merit, but you also quote stats that support your point, while ignoring the inherent flaws in the numbers you post.

Remember folks, this is not bashing.

FWIW - I don't think you are just bashing at all... that's why I took the time to construct fact-based, thought-out responses to your posts rather than just saying "Browns suck, Steelers rule..." yada yada yada.A lot of what you say has merit, but you also quote stats that support your point, while ignoring the inherent flaws in the numbers you post.
And remember folks, the post I responded to was not bashing me, either.

I can blast Schottenheimer for choking, I pick against the Jets twice, I say the Colts probably have no shot to win the Super Bowl, I see the Eagles failing to win it all again. I say the Packers and Vikings have no shot. I say the Falcons are terribly overrated, etc., etc.

Its just that a certain fanbase that roots for a team that plays near three rivers in the hills of Appalachia are delusional that I am only bashing their club.
I never said you "only" bashed the Steeler, so that point is irrelevant. However, you do seem to bash the Steelers in every single thread about them which seems a bit over the top coming from a fan whose team has been eliminated from the playoffs. If it's not fishing trips I can't image why you'd spend so much time on the topic.
And remember folks, the post I responded to was not bashing me, either.
You are pretty sensitive if you think I was bashing you in that first post.

Does Paul Hackett scare anyone???
I'm already on record calling this one for the :stillers:But that said, Hackett called a MUCH different game against the Chargers than he has for most of his Jets tenure. The Jets threw downfield early and often, which is what most pundits (and irate fans) have been begging for all season.I think the Jets HAVE to test the Steelers secondary deep if they are to have any chance of winning this game.

Does Paul Hackett scare anyone???
I'm already on record calling this one for the :stillers:But that said, Hackett called a MUCH different game against the Chargers than he has for most of his Jets tenure. The Jets threw downfield early and often, which is what most pundits (and irate fans) have been begging for all season.I think the Jets HAVE to test the Steelers secondary deep if they are to have any chance of winning this game.
J-Wood,No doubt the Jets gameplan worked vs. SD. Hackett's record with Pitt and in the NFL is what I was really questioning I guess. I do think Hackett is somewhat restricted by Pennington's limited arm strength/injury. While the TD to Moss was impressive, as was his QB rating on throws of 21+, I think his lollipops are likely to be picked off in the cold/wind of Heinz Field on Saturday.

Let me add this. I've been on record for quite awhile now in feeling that the Steelers are the best team in football. I still think they're going to win the Super Bowl.However, I am glad the Jets are playing them this weekend, instead of New England. For two reasons:1) Give New England fifteen minutes to prepare, and they're going to outcoach the Jets. Give them two weeks, and it will be bloody murder.2) Roethlisberger in his first game, coming off two weeks of not playing, is a lot more likely to mess up NOW than he would in the AFC Championship game.I think if the Jets have to play NE AND Pit to get to the Super Bowl, this is the order they want to do it.

Chase, have you heard anything regarding Abraham playing this week yet?Steeler fans keep on insisting how much a healthy Burress opens up the offense, and while I agree that a deep threat will open up more in both the passing and running game, an 80-90% John Abraham does almost as much for the Jet defense as a healthy Burress does for the Steelers offense.

Pennington is definetly hurting and will have shoulder surgery during the off-season. His arm wasn't strong to being with, but Chad last week mentioned in an interview that he injured his shoulder FOUR years ago, during the off season!He was competing with Vinny during training camp and injured his shoulder in 2000. Four years ago!!!WTF!?!He attributed it to the normal wear and tear a qb goes through, and after getting injured during the Buffalo game, extensive damage was found.This might be good news in a way, becuase it might explain his lack of arm strength, then again, maybe he had a weak arm to begin with, although at Marshall, he often threw deep, accurate downfield bombs to Randy Moss and others.The winds might be an issue, but only because of Chad's injury. After playing for four years at Marshall and in the Meadowlands, the windiest stadium in the NFL, I doubt Heinz field will be a problem.How often Chad has to throw might be an issue too. If the Jets are abl to get good field position and run the ball effectively, it could take serious pressure off of him. I do not want him standing back in the pocket, having to make 25+ throws.

The San Diego Chargers put almost no pressure on Chadd Pennington and they were unable to successfully stop Martin and Jordan. The Steelers will do both, forcing the JETS into making mistakes they don't usually make.Pittsburgh will just grind them down, using short fields, taking what the JEts give them until Pennington feels like he's got to do everything and the house of cards comes tumbling down.Steelers 30, Jets 6

Chase, have you heard anything regarding Abraham playing this week yet?Steeler fans keep on insisting how much a healthy Burress opens up the offense, and while I agree that a deep threat will open up more in both the passing and running game, an 80-90% John Abraham does almost as much for the Jet defense as a healthy Burress does for the Steelers offense.
Last I heard he was still a woman.

I said it in a Chargers-Jets thread, and I'll say it here: there is no way in hell the Jets get blown out, especially not by 24 points. Many said that game had blow out written all over it due to a combination of things, yet the Jets held the NFL's third highest scoring offense to only 17 points. While I'm trying to remain optimistic about this game, the Jets may very well lose, but it is highly unlikely that you will see the game get that out of hand. The defense keeps them in games, it has all season and I don't believe it will be any different on Saturday.

Jets are playing with house money. No one (not even me) expected them to beat the Chargers in SD again. Not the way they played against the Rams. No Way!The pressure is off of them and squarely on the shoulders of a rookie QB. A very good rookie QB who has yet to lose a game, but still a rookie. yeah, the Jets never won in Pittsburgh, EVER, but I guess that means they're due?The Steelers are a very good 15-1 team (and not over ratted, who ever said that needs to put down the crack pipe), but I like the Jets chances. The X factor here for the Steelers is Randal-El. That guy is scary.JMHO from a realistic Jets fan.

Last I heard he was still a woman.
:rotflmao:

I said it in a Chargers-Jets thread, and I'll say it here: there is no way in hell the Jets get blown out, especially not by 24 points. Many said that game had blow out written all over it due to a combination of things, yet the Jets held the NFL's third highest scoring offense to only 17 points. While I'm trying to remain optimistic about this game, the Jets may very well lose, but it is highly unlikely that you will see the game get that out of hand. The defense keeps them in games, it has all season and I don't believe it will be any different on Saturday.
:goodposting:

Jets are playing with house money. No one (not even me) expected them to beat the Chargers in SD again. Not the way they played against the Rams. No Way!The pressure is off of them and squarely on the shoulders of a rookie QB. A very good rookie QB who has yet to lose a game, but still a rookie. yeah, the Jets never won in Pittsburgh, EVER, but I guess that means they're due?The Steelers are a very good 15-1 team (and not over ratted, who ever said that needs to put down the crack pipe), but I like the Jets chances. The X factor here for the Steelers is Randal-El. That guy is scary.JMHO from a realistic Jets fan.
If we're going to be realistic, I wanted the Steelers to draft Pennington back in 2000 very badly. I really thought Chad would be the real deal and I still think that. In 2001 I wanted Drew Brees... same concept.So in 2000 we got Plax and in 2001 we got Casey Hampton. I gave up on the Steelers drafting a QB in the first round (Only Bradshaw in 70 and Malone in 80 for the last 30+ years...) Big Ben has been a pleasent surprise. It seems now that it was a good thing we waited.I have a question for everyone: All the talk of John Abraham making such a difference, does anyone think that Casey Hampton is a better defensive lineman than Abraham? Casey Hampton clogs up the middle and get penetration and I'm sure the Steelers are missing him.

If we're going to be realistic, I wanted the Steelers to draft Pennington back in 2000 very badly. I really thought Chad would be the real deal and I still think that. In 2001 I wanted Drew Brees... same concept.So in 2000 we got Plax and in 2001 we got Casey Hampton. I gave up on the Steelers drafting a QB in the first round (Only Bradshaw in 70 and Malone in 80 for the last 30+ years...) Big Ben has been a pleasent surprise. It seems now that it was a good thing we waited.I have a question for everyone: All the talk of John Abraham making such a difference, does anyone think that Casey Hampton is a better defensive lineman than Abraham? Casey Hampton clogs up the middle and get penetration and I'm sure the Steelers are missing him.
Hoak has played a lot better than Bryan Thomas has.

Steelers 30, Jets 6
This score is unrealistic.Jets have a decent kicker and they will make the extra point.

Steelers 30, Jets 7.

:stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers:

I have a question for everyone: All the talk of John Abraham making such a difference, does anyone think that Casey Hampton is a better defensive lineman than Abraham? Casey Hampton clogs up the middle and get penetration and I'm sure the Steelers are missing him.
Abraham is a pure pass rusher. The Jets need him back on the field if only to provide another element for Pittburgh to defend. It'll take the double team off Ellis and allow Ferguson and Robertson to contain the middle. As a long-time Jets fan, if Abraham doesn't play Sunday, he's obviously thinking more about himself (FA status/contract) than his team. He's over a month removed from a friggin' knee sprain. He did even suit up for the SD game, which I've read didn't go over so well with some of his team mates. Jack yourself up with some pain killers, suck it up and get on the field.

Hummm, Will the :stillers: win this weeks game......* Looks at callender - Notes AFC Championship game isn't untill the following week *Yes, I think they will win this week.

Hummm, Will the :stillers: win this weeks game......* Looks at callender - Notes AFC Championship game isn't untill the following week *Yes, I think they will win this week.
If you're lucky we'll see you at Heinz next week. Check your dictionary before the calendar next time.

Steelers 30, Jets 6
This score is unrealistic.Jets have a decent kicker and they will make the extra point.

Steelers 30, Jets 7.

:stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers: :stillers:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Let me add this. I've been on record for quite awhile now in feeling that the Steelers are the best team in football. I still think they're going to win the Super Bowl.However, I am glad the Jets are playing them this weekend, instead of New England. For two reasons:1) Give New England fifteen minutes to prepare, and they're going to outcoach the Jets. Give them two weeks, and it will be bloody murder.2) Roethlisberger in his first game, coming off two weeks of not playing, is a lot more likely to mess up NOW than he would in the AFC Championship game.I think if the Jets have to play NE AND Pit to get to the Super Bowl, this is the order they want to do it.
I disagree- Regarding planning, these teams have played each other so many times and know every last damn thing about eacho ther that it REALLY comes down to execution and not planning. Chad needs to feel good and throw the ball around and the OL needs to force it's will... Same on defense they need to get pressure and attack... Planning in such a matchup is WAY overrated.That said - I wanted to play the Pats #1 without Ty Law and the Steelers #2....Colts NEVER.The Jets matchup with both of those teams real well and if they play their A game they can go toe to toe with these teams IF HEALTHY... Without Abe, it's tough... Abe and Chad are the best players on each side of the ball and I really felt from the start that both guys needed to enter the playoffs healthy for themto have a shot...As it is, we'll see..... The Matchup that KILLS the Jets is INDY.... Like the Rams, Indy can take the most advantage of the Jets weak secondary and a lack of rush without Abe......As a Jets fan I still worry about Burress and Ward - Another reason why I'd rather face the Pats..... But, again Ben/Burress/Ward is NOT Manning/Wayne/Harrison.

Always a little dangerous to play a team twice in the same year - but with the home field, week off, and a ton of momentum the Steelers are going to crush them.Herm Edwards will have the Jets ready and they will play thier best, but it won't be enough. :stillers: :stillers: :stillers:

Users who are viewing this thread