What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship GB@Seattle (1 Viewer)

so im watching the game and packer fans thought they were gonna win....and then they didnt...that was AWESOME

Well the Hawks will get a chance to go down in history. Taking out two of the best QBs all time in consecutive super bowls. Don't like em but history will be made one way or another.

sho nuff said:
Alex P Keaton said:
sho nuff said:
twistd said:
I will say this, why did the Packers not run all through the second half? It seemed that Lacy was running all over them early and then they got away from it.
They did, and people com0lainedbthat McCarthy was going conservative.
:rolleyes: Yeah, my bad. He coached a perfect game.
Never claimed that.

Read the thread...run the ball, no pass the ball, no run the ball.

You people that whine about McCarthy cant make up your mind

Seriously...a fake FG and onside k8ck end ip the difference in this game and people are acting as if McCarthy sucks.
He hired the special teams coach who continues to screw up

I don't really see how the ST coach screwed up. AJ Hawk screwed up and Brandon Bostick screwed up. I'd much rather see either of those players canned. But we know they'll be back.

I don't really see how the ST coach screwed up. AJ Hawk screwed up and Brandon Bostick screwed up. I'd much rather see either of those players canned. But we know they'll be back.
With your season on the line, why is Bostick catching the ball and not your actual hands guys? And they didn't seem particularly ready for the fake. If Hawk doesn't come up guy probably runs for the first.

With your season on the line, why is Bostick catching the ball and not your actual hands guys? And they didn't seem particularly ready for the fake. If Hawk doesn't come up guy probably runs for the first.
Bostick stated after the game that his assignment was to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch the ball. He was put in a position to do the job and he pissed his pants. How does that go on the coach?

sho nuff said:
Alex P Keaton said:
sho nuff said:
twistd said:
I will say this, why did the Packers not run all through the second half? It seemed that Lacy was running all over them early and then they got away from it.
They did, and people com0lainedbthat McCarthy was going conservative.
:rolleyes: Yeah, my bad. He coached a perfect game.
Never claimed that.Read the thread...run the ball, no pass the ball, no run the ball.

You people that whine about McCarthy cant make up your mind

Seriously...a fake FG and onside k8ck end ip the difference in this game and people are acting as if McCarthy sucks.
He hired the special teams coach who continues to screw up
You wont see many people ever defending slocum.

Slocum wasn't just bad today...
What did he do that was so bad? Hawk ####ed up by not doing his job. So did Bostick. I don't give a #### if Slocum is back or not but he put his players in position to make plays and they didn't perform. That's on the players.

Slocum wasn't just bad today...
What did he do that was so bad? Hawk ####ed up by not doing his job. So did Bostick. I don't give a #### if Slocum is back or not but he put his players in position to make plays and they didn't perform. That's on the players.
Sure its on players...shouldn't Bostick know not to try and catch it then?

This isnt yhe first issue we have had on special teams.

If Hawk doesn't come ip...maybe not a TD right away...but very probably stil a 1st down.

The Packers made the mistake of giving Sherman too much credit last game and it didn't help them. Hopefully Rodgers can gain some mobility this week. The Packers oline is light years ahead of where it was during the first meeting and so is Lacy.
They tested him early and paid the price.

Russell and the 12th man made it happen today!
Seattle win can be seen as this way.

D>>>>>> Special teams>>>>>>>>>>>>Lynch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson>>> rest of the team

A miracle onside recovery that bounces off the guys face on an easy hop..and a miracle 2 point hail mary conversion. Not to mention GB playing not to lose on final 2 possessions...SEA was very. very lucky today. I would be devastated if a packer fan

edit--oh, and throw in a TD on a fake FG..ouch

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possibly one of the great choke jobs I had ever seen....forget the miracle onside bounce of the guys helmet...which made it all possible.

1) The fake FG....that was one of two turning points.

2) 2nd and 34 and 3rd and 18.....disgusting.

3) The miracle two point conversion.

It was astounding.

I have seen far better and far more classic AFC/NFC title games in my lifetime. Seattle was god awful for 55 minutes. The Packers crumbled, and I give it to the Seahawks. They pounced.

I expect them to get crushed in the Super Bowl though. This is not the same team from last season. That defense will be sliced and diced by Brady on a neutral field.

The Packers are going to have a very...very long off-season. Wow what a choke job top to bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't believe that Seattle possibly played the worse game I've seen them play in 3 years and still one. Lucky they were playing GB.

Just joking. Seattle got lucky that GB didn't capitalize on a lot of mistakes. This was a brutal game by both teams, but it made for a very entertaining game.

LMAO.....First you need to kiss my 13 rings. Until that happens. you're nothing.

The real dynasty is here in Green Bay
A true Packers fan wouldn't find reason to laugh today.
I have found reasons to laugh...can't do much more. Was pissed right after...but its over. Can't sit around and be pissed.

had to enjoy the rest of the night with my kids and realize (as I always do that its just a game).

Me being mad about it won't change it...i laughed quite a bit tonight playing games with my kids after the game...and had to calm my son down cause he was as mad as I was right after).

LMAO.....First you need to kiss my 13 rings. Until that happens. you're nothing.

The real dynasty is here in Green Bay
A true Packers fan wouldn't find reason to laugh today.
I have found reasons to laugh...can't do much more. Was pissed right after...but its over. Can't sit around and be pissed.

had to enjoy the rest of the night with my kids and realize (as I always do that its just a game).

Me being mad about it won't change it...i laughed quite a bit tonight playing games with my kids after the game...and had to calm my son down cause he was as mad as I was right after).
Yep while it sucks it the end of the day it's only a football game. I was pissed for weeks when the Packers lost Super Bowl 32. Same with the 4-26 game against the Eagles. The NFC championship game loss to the Giants bothered me quite a bit too but not as bad as those other two losses. Now that I'm in my 40's I realize there are a lot more important things in life. Already looking forward to next year.

Users who are viewing this thread