What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Props & Over/Under Pick Em's: Week Two (1 Viewer)

Would you support weekly bonuses (in points) awarded to those who get a certain amount of questions

• Yes, it's only fair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely not!

• Depends on what the bonus will be? (Reply with suggestions, if any)

• Total voters

JGalligan

Footballguy
Without further ado, since everyone is wondering:

CONTEST STANDINGS (THRU WEEK 1)

1st Place:

Facook (9 pts)

2nd Place:

Mass Raider (8 pts)

Army Eric

Solo RCA

Kegs on Legs

3rd Place:

Yellow Dog (7 pts)

Ignoratio Elenchi

The Vision

Getzlaf15

Fullneider

Husker Power

The U

I Wanna Be A Cowboy Baby

Turf Man

4th Place:

Hadji (6 pts)

Dr. Awesome

Fred Lane

Bonesman

Bonka

Norseman

Strifetoe

Rich N

Two Dollars

Big Kahuna

Radio Head 417

Reprisal

The Wick (Our defending champ!)

Fireballer

5th Place:

Patrick T (5 pts)

Gorf

Nicky Hatton

Beer Goggles

FUBAR

Bush Docda

Steel Dillo

Bermuda Chub

Rzrback77

Shredhead

Old Milwaukee

NY Sports Fan

Freddy G

Cookie Monster

Ipl Jeff

6th Place:

The Chairman (4 pts)

Angry Beavers

3 Hour Lunch

Blackjacks

Glaven

RJS113

Tribe Called Jeff

Stuck in the Muck

Captain Amazing

Penguin

Flash

Vision6

Polish Norbi

7th Place:

Ballstein (3 pts)

Dehaven123

Hipple, Long, Ware & Peete

Southeast Jerome

Seatown Favorite

Iggles Fan

S Jackson Fan

8th Place:

Jgalligan (2 pts)

Bro1ncos

Scancellare

9th Place:

El Cohiba (1 pt)

Renesauz

Facook has sole possession of first place with a resounding NINE points. Let's give him a hand, folks! <insert sound of scattered, half-assed applause here> Just in case you guys hadn't noticed from the topic title, whoever (or whomever) happens to be in first place each week will get their name featured in the topics description for all other resident Shark Poolers to see. And admire! I think I speak for everyone when I say it probably doesn't get any better than that... at least, it doesn't if you've never created a thread at any point in time during your stay here.

Our defending champion, The Wick, is tied for 4th place with six points. Clearly not the best, but not bad either. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on him though, as he usually finishes strong after a slow start (see: He'll continue playing even after everyone else has given up). Our defending champion, ladies and gentleman, let's give him a hand, too!

And repping eighth place with a whopping two points is yours truly. I'm going to go with the excuse that... uhh... I was drained so much from creating the original contest post and questions that I just wasn't thinking clearly. At all. Yeah, that's it -- let's go with that. That's definitely what happened, I promise!

No matter how well or horribly you did, remember this is just the first week of the contest. This coming week is the last remaining week that will feature no eliminations, so don't get too conservative with your picks. At least, not yet.

If you'd like to view the scoring system used and other general contest notes, you may do so by clicking right HERE.

Also, don't forget to vote in the poll above if you're entered into the contest. See my second post after this one for a more detailed explanation of what bonus points would entail.

UPDATE: There's now a weekly prize as well! From my post featured somewhere below:

"Our fellow Shark Pooler, Getzlaf15, has kindly and generously offered to sponsor the contest and give our weekly winner(s) a free play over at FantasyFactor.com! Now, I can't speak from personal experience about the site, but from briefly looking it over it looks pretty cool. And it's definitely better than nothing! I think I speak for all of us involved in the contest when I offer a resounding thank you to Mr. Getzlaf15. And this dancing pickle: :lmao: "

Cue the Week Two questions!

NFL Props and Over/Under Pick Em Week Two Questions

Props & Over/Under's

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Matt Schaub?

2. Who will have the most receptions this week, out of the following: Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, Percy Harvin, Mike Sims-Walker or Larry Fitzgerald?

3. Which team will score the least points on offense this week: Panthers, Cowboys, Browns, Titans?

4. Total rushing yards by Peyton Hillis this week against the Jets: 74.5 (OVER/UNDER)

5. Total number of points in the Vikings/Bears game: 43.5 (OVER/UNDER)

6. Total rushing yards by the Panthers this week against the Bucs: 49.5 (OVER/UNDER)

Pick Em's

7. Texans @ Jaguars (PK*)

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

10. Patriots @ Steelers (-4)

*Pick Em

Good luck and enjoy the games, fellas!

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Props and Over/Under Pick Em Questions -- Week Two

Props & Over/Under's

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Peyton Manning

2. Who will have the most receptions this week, out of the following: DeSean Jackson

3. Which team will score the least points on offense this week: Panthers

4. Total rushing yards by Peyton Hillis this week against the Jets: 74.5 (OVER/UNDER)

6. Total rushing yards by the Panthers this week against the Bucs: 49.5 (OVER/UNDER)

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

Just to let everyone know, I added a poll to gauge the interest in having bonus points for a certain amount of correct questions each week. If there's enough interest then we'll implement it for this week but if not, we won't. Pretty simple.

As an example, getting 4-5 correct from the Props and Over/Under Pick Em's and/or ALL of the spread pick em questions right would result in a one to two point bonus being given. Give your opinion in the poll and your thoughts/suggestions if you have any on how many points should be awarded and also if it should be total questions (both the props & o/u AND spread pick em sections) or most/all correct from either section.

1. Manning

2. Fitzgerald

3. Browns

4. Under 74.5

5. Under 43.5

6. Over 49.5

7. Texans PK

8. Bears +3

9. 49ers -3.5

10. Steelers -4

Props & Over/Under's

1. Matt Schaub

2. DeSean Jackson

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. UNDER

6. UNDER

Pick Em's

7. Texans

8. Vikings

9. Rams

10. Patriots

:confused: Thank you, thank you, until next Tuesday when I resume my rightful place in the mediocre middle.

Props & Over/Under's

1. Manning

2. Fitzgerald

3. Panthers

4. Over

5. Under

6. Under

Pick Em's

7. Texans

8. Vikings

9. Rams

10. Steelers

Props & Over/Under's

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Matt Schaub?

2. Who will have the most receptions this week, out of the following: Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, Percy Harvin, Mike Sims-Walker or Larry Fitzgerald?

3. Which team will score the least points on offense this week: Panthers, Cowboys, Browns, Titans?

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

1. Matt Schaub

2. Mike Sims-Walker

3. Cowboys

4. UNDER

5. OVER

6. OVER

7. Texans (PK*)

8. Bears (+3)

9. Rams (+3.5)

10. Steelers (-4)

Without further ado, since everyone is wondering:

CONTEST STANDINGS (THRU WEEK 1)

1st Place:

Facook (9 pts)

2nd Place:

Mass Raider (8 pts)

Armyeric

Solo RCA

Kegs on Legs

3rd Place:

Yellow Dog (7 pts)

Ignoratio Elenchi

The Vision

Getzlaf15

Fullneider

Husker Power

The U

I Wanna Be A Cowboy Baby

Turf Man

4th Place:

Hadji (6 pts)

Dr. Awesome

Fred Lane

Bonesman

Bonka

Norseman

Strifetoe

Rich N

Two Dollars

Big Kahuna

Radio Head 417

Reprisal

The Wick (Our defending champ!)

Fireballer

5th Place:

Patrick T (5 pts)

Gorf

Nicky Hatton

Beer Goggles

FUBAR

Bush Docda

Steel Dillo

Bermuda Chub

Rzrback77

Shredhead

Old Milwaukee

NY Sports Fan

Freddy G

Cookie Monster

Ipl Jeff

6th Place:

The Chairman (4 pts)

Angry Beavers

3 Hour Lunch

Blackjacks

Glaven

RJS113

Tribe Called Jeff

Stuck in the Muck

Captain Amazing

Penguin

Flash

Vision6

Polish Norbi

7th Place:

Ballstein (3 pts)

Dehaven123

Hipple, Long, Ware & Peete

Southeast Jerome

Seatown Favorite

Iggles Fan

S Jackson Fan

8th Place:

Jgalligan (2 pts)

Bro1ncos

Scancellare

9th Place:

El Cohiba (1 pt)

Renesauz

Facook has sole possession of first place with a resounding NINE points. Let's give him a hand, folks! <insert sound of scattered, half-assed applause here> Just in case you guys hadn't noticed from the topic title, whoever (or whomever) happens to be in first place each week will get their name featured in the topics description for all other resident Shark Poolers to see. And admire! I think I speak for everyone when I say it probably doesn't get any better than that... at least, it doesn't if you've never created a thread at any point in time during your stay here.

Our defending champion, The Wick, is tied for 4th place with six points. Clearly not the best, but not bad either. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on him though, as he usually finishes strong after a slow start (see: He'll continue playing even after everyone else has given up). Our defending champion, ladies and gentleman, let's give him a hand, too!

And repping eighth place with a whopping two points is yours truly. I'm going to go with the excuse that... uhh... I was drained so much from creating the original contest post and questions that I just wasn't thinking clearly. At all. Yeah, that's it -- let's go with that. That's definitely what happened, I promise!

No matter how well or horribly you did, remember this is just the first week of the contest. This coming week is the last remaining week that will feature no eliminations, so don't get too conservative with your picks. At least, not yet.

Just as I informed everyone near the end of the last thread, this week will feature some IDP questions. If you'd like to refresh your memory for whatever reason, you can view the point totals and other notes on rules and stuff by clicking right HERE.

Since calculating fantasy points is already a chore whenever I ask an offensive fantasy point question, I've decided to lighten the work load on myself and just ask the IDP questions without regards to actual fantasy points. You'll see what I mean below.

Also, don't forget to vote in the poll above if you're entered into the contest. See my second post after this one for a more detailed explanation of what bonus points would entail.

Cue the Week Two questions!

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

*Pick Em

Haven't seen this :D Otherwise I'd probably have done week one. Anyhow:1. Fitzpatrick.

2. MSW, though I have no idea why I'm picking him

3. Panthers. Didn't even bother to read the other choices. Always the Panthers.

4. Hillis: Over.

5. Vikes/Bears: Over

6. Panthers Rushing: over. barely

7. Houston

8. Chicago

9. St.Louis

10. New England.

:sarcasm:

-QG

Props & Over/Under's

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

2. DeSean Jackson

3 Cowboys

4. Under

5. Under

6. Over

Pick Em's

7. Texans

8. Vikings

9. Rams

10.Steelers

1. P.Manning

2. L.Fitzgerald

3. Panthers

4. Over

5. Under

6. Over

7. Jax pk

8. Bears +3

9. SF -3.5

10. Steelers -4

1. Fitzpatrick

2. Sims-Walker

3. Browns

4. under

5. over

6. over

7. Jax

8. Chi

9. SF

10. PITT

1. Peyton Manning

2. Larry Fitzgerald?

3. Cowboys

4. 74.5 OVER

5. 43.5 OVER

6. 49.5 OVER

Pick Em's

7. Texans (PK*)

8. Vikings (+3)

9. 49ers (-3.5)

10. Steelers (-4)

Time to up your game, gentleman. Not only are there end of the year prizes, but now we have a weekly one as well:

Our fellow Shark Pooler, Getzlaf15, has kindly and generously offered to sponsor the contest and give our weekly winner(s) a free play over at FantasyFactor.com! Now, I can't speak from personal experience about the site, but from briefly looking it over it looks pretty cool. And it's definitely better than nothing! I think I speak for all of us involved in the contest when I offer a resounding thank you to Mr. Getzlaf15. And this dancing pickle: :thumbup:

1. Fitzpatrick

2. Fitzgerald

3. Carolina

4. Over

5. Over

6. Over

7. Houston

8. Minnesota

9. St. Louis

10. Pittsburg

1. Peyton Manning

2. Mike Sims-Walker

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. OVER

6. OVER

7. Jaguars

8. Vikings

9. 49ers

10. Steelers

My Week Two entry:

1. Matt Schaub

2. DeSean Jackson

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. UNDER

6. OVER

7. Texans (PK)

8. Bears (+3)

9. Rams (+3.5)

10. Patriots (+4)

Wow...did I have a bad opener :thumbup:

Gotta do better than that!

1. Matt Schaub...and it might not be close

2. Mike Sims-Walker

3. Panthers

4. 74.5 (OVER)

5. 43.5 (OVER)

6. 49.5 (OVER)

Pick Em's

7. Texans (PK*)

8. Bears (+3)

9. Rams (+3.5)

10. Steelers (-4)

So far I'm doing worse than the ABACAB method

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Cowboys

4. UNDER

5. OVER

6. UNDER

7. Jaguars (PK*)

8. Bears (+3)

9. 49ers (-3.5)

10. Steelers (-4)

JGalligan said:
Time to up your game, gentleman. Not only are there end of the year prizes, but now we have a weekly one as well:

Our fellow Shark Pooler, Getzlaf15, has kindly and generously offered to sponsor the contest and give our weekly winner(s) a free play over at FantasyFactor.com! Now, I can't speak from personal experience about the site, but from briefly looking it over it looks pretty cool. And it's definitely better than nothing! I think I speak for all of us involved in the contest when I offer a resounding thank you to Mr. Getzlaf15. And this dancing pickle: :pickle:
One cool contest deserves another :goodposting:

If you are the weekly winner here, go over to fantasyfactor.com, create an account, then PM me your name or your screen name. I'll drop $10 worth of FPP's into your account.

You don't have to wait to win this to play though! We have weekly free rolls, H2H games, 5 and 10 teamers and tournaments from a $1 up to $500. We appreciate all the support! The site has grown almost 350% (1k to 3.5k) in the last 8 weeks. First deposits get 20% bonus and further deposits get 5%. Daily/Weekly games are exploding right now.

Good Luck in this contest next week. Feel good about getting 7 last week. All of these are so tough to pick...

1. Schaub

2. Jackson

3. Carolina

4. Over

5. Under

6. Over

7. Texans

8. Vikings

9. Rams

10. Pats

Thanks I tried to pick righter this week.

Props & Over/Under's

1. Peyton Manning

2. Larry Fitzgerald?

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. UNDER

6. OVER

Pick Em's

7. Texans (PK*)

8. Bears (+3)

9. 49ers (-3.5)

10. Patriots (+4)

1. Peyton Manning

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Carolina Panthers

4. Over

5. Over

6. Over

Pick Em's

7. Jaguars

8. Bears

9. 49ers

10. Patriots

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

*Pick Em

FITZ

MSW

BROWNS

UNDER

UNDER

OVER

TEXANS

VIKES

49ers

Steeleers

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

Props & Over/Under's

1. Matt Schaub

2. DeSean Jackson

3. Browns

4. UNDER

5. OVER

6. OVER

Pick Em's

7. Texans

8. Vikings

9. 49ers

10. Steelers

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

:sadbanana: keep up the good work! It's awesome that these aren't completely obvious questions.

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

*Pick Em

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Matt Schaub?

2. Who will have the most receptions this week, out of the following: Mike Sims-Walker

3. Which team will score the least points on offense this week: Browns,

4. Total rushing yards by Peyton Hillis this week against the Jets: 74.5 OVER

5. Total number of points in the Vikings/Bears game: 43.5 OVER

6. Total rushing yards by the Panthers this week against the Bucs: 49.5 OVER

Pick Em's

7. Texans @ Jaguars (PK*) tex

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3) vikes

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5) 49ers

10. Patriots @ Steelers (-4) steelers

1. Peyton Manning

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. UNDER

6. OVER

7. Texans pk

8. Bears +3

9. Rams +3.5

10. Steelers -4

Props & Over/Under's

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Matt Schaub? Peyton Manning

2. Who will have the most receptions this week, out of the following: Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, Percy Harvin, Mike Sims-Walker or Larry Fitzgerald? Larry Fitzgerald

Panthers

4. Total rushing yards by Peyton Hillis this week against the Jets: 74.5 (OVER/UNDER) Under

5. Total number of points in the Vikings/Bears game: 43.5 (OVER/UNDER) Under

6. Total rushing yards by the Panthers this week against the Bucs: 49.5 (OVER/UNDER) Over

Pick Em's

7. Texans @ Jaguars (PK*) Jaguars

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3) Vikings

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5) 49ers

10. Patriots @ Steelers (-4) Steelers

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

1. Peyton Manning

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Panthers

4. 74.5 OVER

5. 43.5 OVER

6. 49.5 UNDER

Pick Em's

Jaguars (PK)

Vikings (-3)

49ers (-3.5)

Patriots (+4)

1. Manning

2. Dez Bryant

3. Panthers

4. Under

5. Under

6. Over

7. Texans

8. Bears

9. Rams

10. Steelers

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

Props & Over/Under's

Pick Em's

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3)

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

1. Peyton Manning

2. Dez Bryant

3. Panthers

4. UNDER

5. OVER

OVER

Pick Em's

7. Texans @ Jaguars (PK*) TEXANS

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3) BEARS

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5) 49ERS

10. Patriots @ Steelers (-4) PATRIOTS

Props & Over/Under's

1. Who will have the most passing yards this week, out of the following: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Matt Schaub? - FAIL

3. Which team will score the least points on offense this week: Panthers, Cowboys, Browns, Titans? - I think everyone got this one.

4. Total rushing yards by Peyton Hillis this week against the Jets: 74.5 (OVER/UNDER) - FAIL

5. Total number of points in the Vikings/Bears game: 43.5 (OVER/UNDER) - FAIL

6. Total rushing yards by the Panthers this week against the Bucs: 49.5 (OVER/UNDER) - FAIL

Pick Em's

7. Texans @ Jaguars (PK*) - FAIL

8. Vikings @ Bears (+3) - Two

9. Rams @ 49ers (-3.5)

Well, really kicking butt so far. :P

Users who are viewing this thread