What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Giants at Detroit (1 Viewer)

If you guys are actually blaming Eli for these misqueues you need to pay more attention. He seems to be the only one who understands the offense, the rest of the team is just doing whatever the hell they want. I mean, Eli rolled out on a bootleg and his friggin receivers were in a blocking formation still. He throws a pass to Donnell who never turns around on the comeback audible Eli called and just keeps running. He audibles out on a play and his RB misses it and doesn't block so he's forced to roll out and throw an off balance pass on third down.

He's really not been playing that bad so far outside of a few off target throws earlier in the game. This is mostly on the team not understanding all these hand signals yet. Which, I guess is understandable to some degree, I imagine a full hand signal audible no huddle offense can be complicated to learn. They could definitely hit a stride in a few games though. The one drive where everyone actually understood all the hand signals they moved down the field with ease. Since then nobody seems to be following him, I almost feel bad for him watching this game.
:hophead: And with your avatar, it's even funnier.

Larry Donnell... the only receiver on the Giants who wants to actually play in this game

If you guys are actually blaming Eli for these misqueues you need to pay more attention. He seems to be the only one who understands the offense, the rest of the team is just doing whatever the hell they want. I mean, Eli rolled out on a bootleg and his friggin receivers were in a blocking formation still. He throws a pass to Donnell who never turns around on the comeback audible Eli called and just keeps running. He audibles out on a play and his RB misses it and doesn't block so he's forced to roll out and throw an off balance pass on third down.

He's really not been playing that bad so far outside of a few off target throws earlier in the game. This is mostly on the team not understanding all these hand signals yet. Which, I guess is understandable to some degree, I imagine a full hand signal audible no huddle offense can be complicated to learn. They could definitely hit a stride in a few games though. The one drive where everyone actually understood all the hand signals they moved down the field with ease. Since then nobody seems to be following him, I almost feel bad for him watching this game.
... it's literally all Gruden's been talking about all game and it's very obvious if you're not just being a troll and actually watch the game.

Just got in. Has Eric Ebron even been on the field?
Quite a bit actually. BUt did you seriously expect a TE to be heavily involved in his first career game on a team with a ton of weapons AND a couple of half decent TEs already on the roster? Really?????
Sorry. I thought a team that needed defense but drafted a TE in the first round might actually like try to use him.

Actually, it's No Mercy and I drafted him way too high back in June at the height of the hype.

Quite a bit actually. BUt did you seriously expect a TE to be heavily involved in his first career game on a team with a ton of weapons AND a couple of half decent TEs already on the roster? Really?????
Sorry. I thought a team that needed defense but drafted a TE in the first round might actually like try to use him.

Actually, it's No Mercy and I drafted him way too high back in June at the height of the hype.
No need to panic. Rookie TE's never make noise. They take time and Ebron is a good one he will be fine.

Yeah, was definitely the most awkward pick in the Top 10 this year... I still think Cleveland snipped them on Gilbert and they just panicked.

No need to panic. Rookie TE's never make noise. They take time and Ebron is a good one he will be fine.
Yeah... Ebron ran a nice clean route there, Stafford threw him like two yards off the mark though

I'm sure they will, and maybe even later this year, but rookie TEs are rarely impactful in their first year. Expecting any rookie TE, even one taken as high as Ebron, to make an impact on opening weekend was more than a little unrealistic.

Man, is it just me or has DRC been money when he was playing man on Calvin all night? The two big blown coverages have been going zone during the handoff to the safeties and the safety just coming in like 10 seconds to slow.

How do you NOT double Johnson every snap? Giants defense...horrible. DET has no killer instinct. This game should have been put away by the third quarter.

Stafford is beginning to look like an elite QB. Really stepped up his game this year. By far the best looking QB in Detroit History.....

Despite Giants being a train wreck, Detroit was really impressive here. That drive right there is what they never could put together last year.

... it's literally all Gruden's been talking about all game and it's very obvious if you're not just being a troll and actually watch the game.
LOL. It's the fact that you felt the need to write two paragraphs of defense for Eli Manning...in some game thread on the internet...hilarious!

Congrats, 4 people read it. :mellow:

LOL. It's the fact that you felt the need to write two paragraphs of defense for Eli Manning...in some game thread on the internet...hilarious!

Congrats, 4 people read it. :mellow:
Oh ####, you're right... I must have mistaken this for a football discussion forum, my bad.

Raider Nation said:
Tate is not very likable.
He's only the least likable guys in the league. I was initially appalled we signed him, but as far as winning football games goes It's good for the franchise so I begrudgingly accept him. I don't expect him to become a fan favorite anytime soon though. He's a major league d-bag.

Users who are viewing this thread