What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

FWIW....the intelligence coming from the federal government in the days leading up to Jan 6 had nothing in it that would require more than the 500ish NG troops already requested.  "We're here if you need us" followed up by "Based on what we have been provided, we think we are good" is basically how it went.

If you'd like to read it from the NG's perspective this is a good, brief summary.  What Hannity and his ilk were peddling wasn't anything close to the truth.  So then the focus shifts to the actions of the day.  When we focus on those actions, it's rather easy to see why people want to go back in time and play monday morning quarterback instead.  

FWIW....the intelligence coming from the federal government in the days leading up to Jan 6 had nothing in it that would require more than the 500ish NG troops already requested.  "We're here if you need us" followed up by "Based on what we have been provided, we think we are good" is basically how it went.

If you'd like to read it from the NG's perspective this is a good, brief summary.  What Hannity and his ilk were peddling wasn't anything close to the truth.  So then the focus shifts to the actions of the day.  When we focus on those actions, it's rather easy to see why people want to go back in time and play monday morning quarterback instead.  
Also, here is a timeline released by The Joint Force Headquarters CDNG.

MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD SUBJECT:

Civil Unrest on 6 January 2021 timeline of events for National Guard Activation

1. The following is a timeline of events that occurred on 6 January 2021. This timeline was transcribed from numerous calls, video calls, and audio and visual observations by 1LT Timothy E Nick. Due to the situation being fluid, the timeline was transcribed effectively as possible.

2. Below is the timeline:

The committee emphasizes that it was Pense asking for the national guard the day of January 6th and not Trumo, but ignores that it was Trump's people offering the National Gaurd in the days leading up to January 6th.   If Trump had his way, there would have been no January 6th insurrection.  But the committee will never say that because that goes against their narrative.   They need to spin the web against Trump not find the truth. 
That's not the impression I'm getting after watching the hearings.

I dont think anyone expected what happened .

Maybe the proud boys thought they would make a ruckus but even they had to have been shocked at just how many people actually showed up at the Capital . It was unprecedented. 

I understand why those who hate Trump believe every single claim made against him, he has said and done some shady crap , but many of the claims against him have fallen short .
Mueller should have taught you the difference between a sitting president and a ####ting ex-president.

Maybe the proud boys thought they would make a ruckus but even they had to have been shocked at just how many people actually showed up at the Capital . It was unprecedented. 
You don't think Trump holding a rally and urging his supporters to go to the Capital had something to do with that?

You don't think Trump holding a rally and urging his supporters to go to the Capital had something to do with that?
How could he have possibly known the people wearing Trump hats, Trump shirts, Trump pants, and flying Trump flags would listen to anything he said?

Well, how about you try to not watch the hearings and consume conservative media instead. Then give us your impressions.  ;)
Which reminds me… during the Hutchinson hearing, did Fox News cut away from live in the room when text messages from Laura Ingraham showed up in the slideshow?  Was curious if Fox is as interested in protecting Ingraham as they are in protecting Hannity.  

The hardcore MOSD members, who took their marching orders from Tarrio, are alleged to have plotted to dress “incognito” on Jan 6. instead of wearing the usual Proud Boy markings. But Tarrio was not on the ground on the day of the insurrection — he’d been arrested days earlier for burning a Black Lives Matter flag at a church and had been ordered to leave Washington D.C. as part of the conditions of his release.

Yet Tarrio allegedly cheered on his liutenanants from Baltimore, reveling in their actions to storm the Capitol. Proud Boys were at the vanguard of the insurrectionists, with one member allegedly stripping a riot shield from a Capitol Police officer and using it to smash open a window that let the first invaders inside the building. Tarrio allegedly sent celebratory messages including, “Make no mistake… We did this,” and, “Do it again.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/jan-6-committee-plays-video-highlighting-how-proud-boys-coordinated-for-capitol-riot-141828165768

Just a ruckus guys...

Of course, that is not what they predetermined.  But if the national gaurd had been present as Trump offered ahead of time, there is no chance there would have been a breech.  

This is correct and why the "Trump offerred them thousands of troops in the days leading up" nonsense falls completely flat on it's face.  So then we shift to the day of 1/6 and the actions/inactions of that day when the events were unfolding in real time.

Just another tidbit of information.....there is ONE person who has jurisdiction over the DC National Guard along with delegation to the Sec of the Army.  If he wants the NG there, he makes it so.  No one else has say over how the DC National Guard is used.

I really need to write a macro about this.  I think this is the 5th or 6th time this fallacy has come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Of course, that is not what they predetermined.  But if the national gaurd had been present as Trump offered ahead of time, there is no chance there would have been a breech.  
Uh, except the real verbatim facts from Gen. Milley's mouth under oath:

(NewsNation) — Former Vice President Mike Pence was “very animated” and delivered “very direct” orders to former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark A. Milley to send the military and National Guard to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to testimony by Milley.

Milley told the Jan. 6 investigative committee that he spoke to Pence two or three times on the phone while a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol in an effort to keep former President Donald Trump in power.

Milley said Pence gave him “unambiguous” orders to send the military to the Capitol, an order Trump himself would not give.

Pence “was very animated, very direct, very firm, and (told) Secretary Miller, ‘Get the military there, get the Guard down here, put down this situation, etc.,’” Milley told the Jan. 6 investigators.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then later came this gem:

Milley said Trump’s staff, specifically Trump’s former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, attempted to politicize this move by Pence in a conversation between the two.

Meadows “said, ‘We have to kill the narrative that the vice president is making all the decisions. We need to establish the narrative that the president is still in charge and that things are steady or stable’ or words to that effect,” Milley told investigators. “I immediately interpreted that as ‘politics, politics, politics, politics.’ Red flag for me personally, no action. But I remember it distinctly.”

trump and his cadre are not serious politicians leaders and are not seriously concerned with the united states just look here at the lograft of turds that the republican party has trotted out against cheney in wyoming frankly as a conservative myself i am embarassed that this is what is left of the republican party under trump take that to the bank brohans

https://twitter.com/i/status/1542866096537145345
Wow. Even go birds was appalled. 😉

(NewsNation) — Former Vice President Mike Pence was “very animated” and delivered “very direct” orders to former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark A. Milley to send the military and National Guard to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to testimony by Milley.

Milley told the Jan. 6 investigative committee that he spoke to Pence two or three times on the phone while a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol in an effort to keep former President Donald Trump in power.

Milley said Pence gave him “unambiguous” orders to send the military to the Capitol, an order Trump himself would not give.

Pence “was very animated, very direct, very firm, and (told) Secretary Miller, ‘Get the military there, get the Guard down here, put down this situation, etc.,’” Milley told the Jan. 6 investigators.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milley said Trump’s staff, specifically Trump’s former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, attempted to politicize this move by Pence in a conversation between the two.

Meadows “said, ‘We have to kill the narrative that the vice president is making all the decisions. We need to establish the narrative that the president is still in charge and that things are steady or stable’ or words to that effect,” Milley told investigators. “I immediately interpreted that as ‘politics, politics, politics, politics.’ Red flag for me personally, no action. But I remember it distinctly.”
Just another lying liar lying under oath to make Trump look bad no doubt.   

trump and his cadre are not serious politicians leaders and are not seriously concerned with the united states just look here at the lograft of turds that the republican party has trotted out against cheney in wyoming frankly as a conservative myself i am embarassed that this is what is left of the republican party under trump take that to the bank brohans

"All the major internets do that."  Poor Liz is going to get trounced by one of these morons.   

Thanks for not disputing my point. 

Take those clowns the idiot bank.

Wyoming citizens and conservatives in general are luck to have Liz Cheney on their side…

Are any of us under the illusion that a bell will finally go off for Zado, BR, and Norville? We're trying to walk them down a road they're not interested in. They had their minds made up before the testimony began. They ain't budging.

Uhmmm....I hate to break the news to you but you had your minds made up before the testimony began too.  In fact, just about every single one of you had your minds made up way back in January of 2016 about Trump.  That's why you spent the last 6 years trying to get him.

My mind is made up that I'm not voting for Trump anymore and that he's done.  I don't need YADAPS (Yet Another Dog and Pony Show) to determine that.

He's probably one of those coastal elite latte-drinking Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. 

It's kudos.  Lol.  

So awesome.  Content on this forum does not matter.  Snarky reply after snarky reply, nobody addressing the content or how off base the snarky comments are.   Let's just stick to spelling and pretenting that NY statement was somehow refuted. 

Uhmmm....I hate to break the news to you but you had your minds made up before the testimony began too.  In fact, just about every single one of you had your minds made up way back in January of 2016 about Trump.  That's why you spent the last 6 years trying to get him.

My mind is made up that I'm not voting for Trump anymore and that he's done.  I don't need YADAPS (Yet Another Dog and Pony Show) to determine that.
Name three things Trump's been accused of since 2016 that you accepted.

So awesome.  Content on this forum does not matter.  Snarky reply after snarky reply, nobody addressing the content or how off base the snarky comments are.   Let's just stick to spelling and pretenting that NY statement was somehow refuted. 
No snark intended, but you did learn a new word today, so there’s at least some upside. 

Name three things Trump's been accused of since 2016 that you accepted.

Even if I gave you three things, you and 10 other posters would then demand I post five more for proof.  Then I post 5 and then you'd demand 10.  

What's the point anyways, TBH?  I've already made up my mind that I'm not voting for Trump and that he's done as a candidate in general.  He's a shady ####er and I don't need another dog and pony show to confirm that.  All these things do is just rile you guys up and are only filled with empty promises and stuff everyone already knows.  All it is is red meat for the choir.

Most Americans don't care about this #### anymore.  They didn't care about the first 3 times you tried it too - and that was when our economy was booming and things were great.

No snark intended, but you did learn a new word today, so there’s at least some upside. 

While sycophant is an interesting word, I really don't see the point not just using brown nose as a more commonly used and understood description.  I am guessing the word must be one of the latest terms popping up in the news to sound more sophisticated when describing Trump's minions.

Even if I gave you three things, you and 10 other posters would then demand I post five more for proof.  Then I post 5 and then you'd demand 10.  

What's the point anyways, TBH?  I've already made up my mind that I'm not voting for Trump and that he's done as a candidate in general.  He's a shady ####er and I don't need another dog and pony show to confirm that.  All these things do is just rile you guys up and are only filed with empty promises and stuff everyone already knows.  All it is is red meat for the choir.

Most Americans don't care about this #### anymore.  They didn't care about the first 3 times you tried it too - and that was when our economy was booming and things were great.
Sorry, gb, but this is just another deflection in the long list of deflections. What's the point? The point is you want to point fingers and describe all of this as just another witch hunt. So let's turn the tables around. If you don't want to be described as just another Trump apologist who dismisses anything that makes Trump look bad, name three items. 

I just looked up her republican challengers - she has one opponent who wasn't featured much in this clip that appears to have some bona fides.  Chalk it up to selective editing.

Sorry, gb, but this is just another deflection in the long list of deflections. What's the point? The point is you want to point fingers and describe all of this as just another witch hunt. So let's turn the tables around. If you don't want to be described as just another Trump apologist who dismisses anything that makes Trump look bad, name three items. 
ugh.  I wouldn't if I was BR.  You know this isn't going anywhere constructive.  Why not just add to ignore list and move on?

Sorry, gb, but this is just another deflection in the long list of deflections. What's the point? The point is you want to point fingers and describe all of this as just another witch hunt. So let's turn the tables around. If you don't want to be described as just another Trump apologists who dismisses anything that makes Trump look bad, name three items. 

Sorry, that's not how this works.

I don't submit to arbitrary "Trump Apologist" criteria that has only one expected outcome that you'll accept.  That's as bad-faith as it gets.  No thanks.

Sorry, that's not how this works.

I don't submit to arbitrary "Trump Apologist" criteria that has only one expected outcome that you'll accept.  That's as bad-faith as it gets.  No thanks.
But you have, over and over and over. Your counter to Orange Man Bad is Everyone out to get Orange Man which is the equivalent of saying Orange Man Innocent. Own it.

He disputed nothing I said.  
Jon, if Trump wanted the national guard there, if he offered them days beforehand (per your argument) why didn’t he just order them there? Who was he offering them to, since he’s the President? That’s the flaw in your argument which @TheCommish pointed out. Please explain this. 

Users who are viewing this thread