What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

Trades made since Friday in Leather Helmet Dynasty #5 (12 teams; PPR; start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F)

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.08
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.03
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.03
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.02

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.08

Team C gave up:
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.01
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.01
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.12

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE
Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.01

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Team A gave up both McCoy and Thomas in these deals. He finished 9-4 last season, 7th in points, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He had the first three picks in the draft and took Watkins, Evans, and Cooks. He also has 1.7, but we have only drafted through 1.5 so far.

Trades made since Friday in Leather Helmet Dynasty #5 (12 teams; PPR; start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F)

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Team A gave up both McCoy and Thomas in these deals. He finished 9-4 last season, 7th in points, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He had the first three picks in the draft and took Watkins, Evans, and Cooks. He also has 1.7, but we have only drafted through 1.5 so far.
He got robbed on the McCoy deal, he got ok value on DT but probably should have gotten more. I prefer Green in the 3rd trade by quite a bit

12 Team PPR QB/2RB/3WR/FLEX/TE/

Been negotiating this one for awhile, finally got it done:

Gave:

Dez Bryant

Khiry Robinson

Got

Eddie Lacy

2015 1st(hard to project in a startup, maybe mid range I'd guess)

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

He got robbed on the McCoy deal, he got ok value on DT but probably should have gotten more. I prefer Green in the 3rd trade by quite a bit
Agree with the first 2.

I think the Green trade is close

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Agree with the first 2.

There are 36 rookies in this draft you'd rather have than Green?

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Agree with the first 2.

What trade are you looking at?.

Green/4.01 for Pitta/2.12...in my 3 year window I think Pitta easily outscores Green and 2.12 is a higher chance of a hit that 4.01. So yeah I might think the extra upside Green might have when he is the starter I will forego for a better player to start now and better player to develop. It is pretty close

Gave:

Dez Bryant

Khiry Robinson

Got

Eddie Lacy

I like what you gave up more
Yeah, it was hard to even offer up to be honest. Value-wise I think it was okay.
It's understandable in a league where you have to start at least two RB's, but I personally couldn't have made myself do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team C gave up:
Green, Ladarius SDC TE

Team D gave up:
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Agree with the first 2.

What trade are you looking at?.

Green/4.01 for Pitta/2.12...in my 3 year window I think Pitta easily outscores Green and 2.12 is a higher chance of a hit that 4.01. So yeah I might think the extra upside Green might have when he is the starter I will forego for a better player to start now and better player to develop. It is pretty close
My bad- I read those as separate trades at first.

1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex K D PPR (1.5 TE PPR) - also notable: 1pt/20 return yards, 6pt return tds

Team A Receives: RG3, 1.10

Team B Receives: Aaron Rodgers, 4.4

Team C Receives: Justin Hunter, Donte Moncrief, 1.12, 4.10

Team D Receives: Cordarrelle Patterson, 3.3
Rodgers and I will take the Hunter side. I really like CP but that is too much for me
I was curious about opinions on the Hunter-CP trade. Without return yards, it's the Hunter side easily. With return yards, it looked pretty even to me, since CP is potentially a top 5 scoring receiver as long as he keeps returning kicks next year. Really depends on how many years he's a returner for.

Gave:

Dez Bryant

Khiry Robinson

Got

Eddie Lacy

It all depends on the value you get at WR in the near future. Whether that's with the pick you aquired, or even value you had on your bench that you can now take advantage of playing.

In a vacuum, I think all of us will take the Dez side. He's the more talented, more proven player with lesser injury concern. But it's an odd group of dynasty RBs, and you just got one of the few that an owner can feel really good about for 3 years. If you can take advantage of the flooded WR market, I think it could certainly work out for you.

I happen to also really like stills so maybe this was perfect storm of "things I shouldn't love but I do all appearing at the same time"

I did offer Richardson and a 2015 1 earlier and was turned down earlier. I knew it was an overpay and you are right, this basically ends up as if I paid for the 1.3 instead of 1.8. But I got my guy and Michael was the only asset that pained me. Have seen enough Richardson for this life
...and that is what is important. Get your guy and ditch the ones you are done with

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

im going to be in the minority on this one but I think its absolutely the right time to dump demaryius especially if you're doing it for draft picks. This is close to the peak of his trade value before manning retires, and this is an above average draft class for depth. And if youre going to dump your best receiver, its a good time to move mccoy, even if he could have gotten more for him. I have a feeling the plan was to get sankey at 1.3 to replace mccoy, but evans isnt a bad plan b at all. I also like getting so many quality picks in the 1.7-2.3 range, every pick that goes off the board in that range has a couple leaguemates yelling #### like old ladies who just heard someone yell bingo. It might not seem like he got enough for mccoy, and he probably should have gotten more (why is he the one giving fab$?), but I like the two deals together.

1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex K D PPR (1.5 TE PPR) - also notable: 1pt/20 return yards, 6pt return tds

Team A Receives: RG3, 1.10

Team B Receives: Aaron Rodgers, 4.4

Team C Receives: Justin Hunter, Donte Moncrief, 1.12, 4.10

Team D Receives: Cordarrelle Patterson, 3.3
Rodgers and I will take the Hunter side. I really like CP but that is too much for me
I was curious about opinions on the Hunter-CP trade. Without return yards, it's the Hunter side easily. With return yards, it looked pretty even to me, since CP is potentially a top 5 scoring receiver as long as he keeps returning kicks next year. Really depends on how many years he's a returner for.
I think he will return kicks as long he is not reaching his WR potential. So while I agree the return yards hedge you bets it is still nearly 3 1st round picks for CP.

I really like CP but would take my chances that Hunter and/or Moncrief can be nearly as good and I can scoop another piece in the draft. if I had the depth and no roster spots I might offer the deal but I am not convinced CP's upside is that much better than Hunter's

Gave:

Dez Bryant

Khiry Robinson

Got

Eddie Lacy

It all depends on the value you get at WR in the near future. Whether that's with the pick you aquired, or even value you had on your bench that you can now take advantage of playing.

In a vacuum, I think all of us will take the Dez side. He's the more talented, more proven player with lesser injury concern. But it's an odd group of dynasty RBs, and you just got one of the few that an owner can feel really good about for 3 years. If you can take advantage of the flooded WR market, I think it could certainly work out for you.
I take lacy side by a large margin. Dez has some blemishes himself, you know. And lacy was a top 5 back as a rookie who missed two games. Hes the best young back in a league where good young backs aren't coming along as often, and he's the only one of the young backs from last year to land in both a great situation and have a feature role. He's arguably the most valuable commodity in fantasy football, but his value is still low enough that someone will throw in a first rounder to get a receiver who was considered a frustratingly underperforming talent just a year and a half ago, and whose qb is getting close to the end of the line. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see lacy have more years of elite production left than dez.

his value is still low enough that someone will throw in a first rounder to get a receiver who was considered a frustratingly underperforming talent just a year and a half ago, and whose qb is getting close to the end of the line. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see lacy have more years of elite production left than dez.
Anyone frustrated with Dez's early production should learn from their mistakes. That population should not be a reason to de-value Dez Bryant, who has been a monster since coming into the league. Sure, he and Romo had some chemistry issues, but those days are obviously in the rearview. His per start numbers were always awesome, relative to his career stage.

Romo likely has as many quality seasons left as Eddie Lacy. On top of that, Dez is an elite talent who is clearly not a product of Tony Romo. He put up big numbers with Kitna and Orton. Jon Kitna and Kyle Orton.

Eric decker put up big numbers with orton. In the eyes of the fantasy football community, that hasn't made him qb independent. I don't think romo singlehandedly made dez, or that manning singlehandedly made demaryius thomas, but I like dez and thomas better now than I likely will in five years. While dez has certainly shown to be a very talented receiver, he really only had a year and a half of high end production, and most of that came from his double digit td totals, not his good but not unusual 1200 or 1300 yards.

That's not to say dez is a slouch, but as you said, the stud receiver pool is rapidly increasing, while the feature rb pool is decreasing, and the young talented feature rb who catches and gets tds in a great offense with an elite qb young enough that they will play together the rest of their careers pool is down to like one dude, lacy. Which is what makes him arguably the most valuable rb in dynasty leagues, when elite players at his position are becoming even more valuable.

So if dez is a truly elite player who is likely to remain elite for years, then great. But he would have to be pretty exceptional for me to prefer him over the more difficult to obtain young stud rb. And maybe he is. But then he would have to be on yet another level for me to prefer getting him AND a first.

Eric decker put up big numbers with orton. In the eyes of the fantasy football community, that hasn't made him qb independent.
Define "big".

While dez has certainly shown to be a very talented receiver, he really only had a year and a half of high end production, and most of that came from his double digit td totals, not his good but not unusual 1200 or 1300 yards.
The half season you are referring to was based on the media torching him for a few costly NFL plays, but his fantasy numbers were fine.

In 2011--his first year as a starter--he put up 70/928/9 (on 12 starts), despite missing a game and playing injured in others. That's 75/990/10 pro-rated, if we don't account for the time he missed in game, or the injury hampered play.

In 2010, as a rookie, he missed 4 games due to injury, played injured in others, and only started 2 games. Yet, he was a late first/early 2nd round dynasty startup pick the following season. Why?--because he showed major flashes and put up big numbers in his only 2 starts. it was clear that he was a major talent.

I think you're underestimating Dez's early production, or missing some important context.

The half season you are referring to was based on the media torching him for a few costly NFL plays, but his fantasy numbers were fine.

In 2011--his first year as a starter--he put up 70/928/9 (on 12 starts), despite missing a game and playing injured in others. That's 75/990/10 pro-rated, if we don't account for the time he missed in game, or the injury hampered play.

In 2010, as a rookie, he missed 4 games due to injury, played injured in others, and only started 2 games. Yet, he was a late first/early 2nd round dynasty startup pick the following season. Why?--because he showed major flashes and put up big numbers in his only 2 starts. it was clear that he was a major talent.

I think you're underestimating Dez's early production, or missing some important context.
The second half of 2012, dez was otherwordly. The first half, he was good, but not especially so. His 2013 numbers did not maintain that second half 2012 pace, but were still very, very good. So when i say a year and a half, i mean the most recent 24 or so games. His numbers prior to that are fine, but mostly irrelevant because I fully agree that he has arrived as a stud wr. I just don't know if he's arrived as a calvin. And for me to give up lacy and a first, I would need a calvin. That's what I mean when I say he has blemishes. I don't know if he can get to uber elite upper tier level. and there are too many supposedly elite wrs right now for me to value one enough to give up a rare commodity and a first.

bostonfred said:
exactly on pace for the numbers he put up with manning, which are exactly on pace with the numbers dez has put up.
Define "exactly".

Decker:

W/Orton: 3.1/41.3/0.55

W/Manning: 5.37/73.5/0.75

Dez: 4.9/ 69.55/0.68

bostonfred said:
I just don't know if he's arrived as a calvin. And for me to give up lacy and a first, I would need a calvin. That's what I mean when I say he has blemishes. I don't know if he can get to uber elite upper tier level.

If by "uber elite" or "upper tier" you mean Calvin Johnson-level--sure: Dez isn't there and likely never will be. But there are about 5 of those in history. And you don't trade them for Eddie Lacy and a pick.

bostonfred said:
I just don't know if he's arrived as a calvin. And for me to give up lacy and a first, I would need a calvin. That's what I mean when I say he has blemishes. I don't know if he can get to uber elite upper tier level.
If by "uber elite" or "upper tier" you mean Calvin Johnson-level--sure: Dez isn't there and likely never will be. But there are about 5 of those in history.
Yes, I mean an elite, generational player, or at least a guy who looks very likely to be one. Because lacy is a top five redraft play and I likely to remain one for the next six or seven years, and you're giving up a future first on top of it. That's an inane price to pay in this oversaturated wr market.

Because lacy is a top five redraft play and I likely to remain one for the next six or seven years, and you're giving up a future first on top of it.

This is where we simply aren't going to agree. I don't project 6-7 years out for any RB. I like Lacy a lot, but if I made exceptions, he wouldn't be one of them. He takes a lot of hits and has some injury concerns already.

And what baselines are we using if Lacy is top 5?

Gave

Crabtree, 2014 5.05

for

Nicks, 2014 2.07, 4.04 (picked ASJ and mckinnon)

10 team 0.5 ppr league

Took a chance on Nicks, as I have megatron, Gordon, Floyd, Harvin, Marshall at Wr, but weaker at TE.

Gave

Crabtree, 2014 5.05

for

Nicks, 2014 2.07, 4.04 (picked ASJ and mckinnon)

10 team 0.5 ppr league

Took a chance on Nicks, as I have megatron, Gordon, Floyd, Harvin, Marshall at Wr, but weaker at TE.
On paper, I'd likely take the Crabtree side, as I am not a fan of Nicks. That said, I like ASJ and McKinnon (4.04?!) a lot and they could push this deal your way.

Someone thinks far too highly of Lacy, good god.
bostonfred said:
exactly on pace for the numbers he put up with manning, which are exactly on pace with the numbers dez has put up.
Define "exactly".

Decker:

W/Orton: 3.1/41.3/0.55

W/Manning: 5.37/73.5/0.75

Dez: 4.9/ 69.55/0.68
In four games with Orton, Decker had 20 receptions for 270 yards and 4 TDs. That's a pace for 5/67.8/1.0, to use your nomenclature, or 80 receptions for 1080 yards and 16 TDs. Which is about as close to the exact same pace as 85/1064/13 and 87/1288/11 as you can get.

By comparison, Dez had 93/1233/13 last season, which is almost exactly what Decker did last year. Now, obviously most people don't compare Dez and Decker in terms of talent. But I don't score points for people's perception of talent. There are a lot of guys doing what Dez is doing. And if Dez changes quarterbacks in a couple years, either because Romo (who I own in dynasty and like) retires or his back gives him problems or Jerry pulls the trigger on the next Manziel that comes along or whatever it is... then they go back to the drawing board at QB. Fitz, Reggie Wayne (in the no QB season), Randy Moss (in Oakland), and others have shown time and again that even very talented receivers need to have something at QB to play.

As for projecting Lacy as a top five RB for the next six years, that would go through his age 29 season. Seven years would be age 30. During that time, he should continue to:

1) be on the same team (one which is notorious for signing its own free agents instead of going outside the organization),

2) be on a top offense (and likely will be since they have Rodgers and they keep investing in offense),

3) get goal line looks as a runner and receiver,

4) get 40+ receptions (he got 35 as a rookie in 14 games which is exactly pace for 40), and

5) face limited competition (since both backups who got time last year looked great, then hardly sniffed the ball once Lacy was back on the field).

But all that said, the point is not how high I am on Lacy (I'm obviously higher on him than you and ghost) nor how low I am on Dez (I agree that he's more talented than Decker even if the stats don't really bear that out). The point is that the handful of true feature RBs who get the overwhelming majority of carries, can catch and can score TDs are extremely valuable, and the young ones are basically just McCoy, Murray and Lacy. And Lacy is the youngest of the three by a couple years. Maybe Sankey and Hyde join that mix soon, maybe not. By the time Christine Michael is playing, he won't be young anymore. Bernard is young and studly, but not a true feature back. Bell looked good when healthy, but the Steelers just brought in one of the better free agent RBs this offseason in Blount and we have no way of knowing what their plans are for that split. Devonta Freeman? I love him, but he doesn't seem like a true feature back. Gerhart? Even if you're extremely high on him, at 27, he isn't even young anymore. So if you don't get a guy like Lacy, who are the other true young stud RBs right now?

Now ask the same question about WRs. If you don't get a guy like Dez Bryant, who are the other stud WRs right now? There's ten guys who scored about the same as Dez last year. And while three of them - Gordon, Decker and DJax - have dropped significantly in dynasty value since then, at least three more - Watkins, Evans and Patterson - have popped up to replace them in dynasty rankings. Then after that there are a couple dozen guys who are in striking distance. It's hard not to be loaded at WR in leagues these days. It's almost impossible to be loaded at RB. And giving up the youngest of the best of the bunch AND a first for a receiver just makes no sense to me.

I'm not on board with this:

"There are a lot of guys doing what Dez is doing"

He finished 9th in PPG scoring in PPR, behind such question marks as Blackmon, Gordon and Julio had that foot thing.

Finished 7th in total points, and again, you can throw Gordon out.

He finished 3rd in both PPG and total points.

There are not a lot of guys doing what Dez does. And it doesn't support your argument by playing the "what if" conditional game about Romo or you can bounce players like DT, Graham, Gronk (or maybe AJ if Dalton is really on the hot seat) Hypotheticals are like lying to your mind. I am not ranking any 1st or 2nd year WR on Dez's tier until they have proven to at least be a Top 12 in PPG or total points.

In four games with Orton, Decker had 20 receptions for 270 yards and 4 TDs.
Orton played a big portion of the SD game, too. With such a small sample size, that is a sizable chunk.

It's a bit odd that I have to defend Dez against the likes of Eric Decker, when Lacy--in his only season--was outscored by Moreno, Bush, Vereen, Bell, etc.

If your argument is that the RB field is weak and the WR group is flooded--you're preaching to the choir. As I said in the post which you initially quoted. You could have said the same thing last year to justify Trent Richardson or Doug Martin over Dez, too. Or David Wilson or Lamar Miller. Or Arian Foster. I absolutely think positional value should be taken into account within tiers; just not outside of them. I don't see Lacy and Dez on the same tier, personally.

Dez w/Orton (pro-rated): 128/1,584/16

14 team PPR, QB, 1-2 RB, 2-4 WR, 1 TE, K, D

Jordan Cameron

for

Eric Ebron, Paul Richardson, 2015 3rd round rookie pick

12 team non PPR

Miami Dolphins gave up:

Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.04

Minnesota Vikings gave up:

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Minnesota Vikings

Neither are me. I think this is very lopsided.

12 team non PPR

Miami Dolphins gave up:

Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.04

Minnesota Vikings gave up:

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Minnesota Vikings

Neither are me. I think this is very lopsided.
I don't think it's lopsided. I prefer Charles, but Patterson has a high market value. I've seen him traded for 1.01 in one league and for 1.05 and 1.12 in another.

Gave:

D Thomas

Ben Tate

Receive:

CJ Spiller

Mike Evans

2015 1st round pick

2015 2nd round pick

The pick will be likely be in the top 5

I'm not in this league...but wow.

16 team league

Alfred Morris

for

3.10 & 4.11

I don't think I've ever seen a worse trade.

Gave:

D Thomas

Ben Tate

Receive:

CJ Spiller

Mike Evans

2015 1st round pick

2015 2nd round pick

The pick will be likely be in the top 5
I will take DT but I am not a great fan of Evans
I would go the other way with this one. I love DT, but getting Evans and Spiller, and a hope that the 2015 1st is good enough to lane Yeldon, Gordon or Gurley or another RB could swing that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread