What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Just completed this trade in a 2QB league where I roster Peyton and Rodgers, with Big Ben as my backup (10 teamer)

Gave: 1.02, 3.01, 3.02

Got: 1.09, 2.01, 2015 1st rounder (likely top 4)

Gave:

D Thomas

Ben Tate

Receive:

CJ Spiller

Mike Evans

2015 1st round pick

2015 2nd round pick

The pick will be likely be in the top 5
I will take DT but I am not a great fan of Evans
What if you could sub Watkins for Evans? I chose the Evans deal because I'm higer on him
I like Watkins better than Evans by enough I would think about it more but still likely go with DT

Buy now before it's impossible
Sell now. Buy week 6.
Could pay off in a big way, could also blow up in your face. I also doubt any owner is going to buy high then sell low to you later in the season. I think if you're going to sell on him it's in August, I'm willing to bet then you can get a kings ransom for him. Even if you're not big on him, wait till August then start shopping. Can probably get at least 25% more value in August when the redraft mills start heating up a lot on top of the dynasty rumor mills.

Just completed this trade in a 2QB league where I roster Peyton and Rodgers, with Big Ben as my backup (10 teamer)

This seems like a beautiful trade. Exactly the type of trades I like to make, pure value and selling high on this years draft class.

Other guy needs QBs badly. He's taking Bortles and Bridgewater. Not interested in Manziel.

I have the 5 as well I think it's going to come down to Watkins or Manziel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell now. Buy week 6.
Could pay off in a big way, could also blow up in your face. I also doubt any owner is going to buy high then sell low to you later in the season. I think if you're going to sell on him it's in August, I'm willing to bet then you can get a kings ransom for him. Even if you're not big on him, wait till August then start shopping. Can probably get at least 25% more value in August when the redraft mills start heating up a lot on top of the dynasty rumor mills.
I don't mean to buy sell to and buy from the same owner--that can be tricky. But, in general, I think now is a very big sell high point, and I expect the buzz to cool a bit in season. Other young guys will join the conversation, and I don't expect Patterson to meet the crazy expectations right away.

Good trade for you
Agreed. If that 1st next year is Top 4, you get a chance at a potential great QB or RB.
Heck it could be number 1. He's got a really weak roster. Who are the big studs coming out next year? I don't follow college much.

Heck it could be number 1. He's got a really weak roster. Who are the big studs coming out next year? I don't follow college much.
Mariota, Winston, Petty, Hundley at QB; about 5 RBs, with Gurley being the cream; and the WR class is still up in the air at the moment.

Would you advise a pretty stacked team to load up on wideouts this year? I have the 5, 9,11,12 picks this season still and two firsts next year. I was thinking Watkins or Evans, then maybe Hyde, Sankey, Cooks, Beckham, Ebron (whoever falls really). I am weakest at RB with Alfred Morris penciled in alongside ADP. I do own Lattimore so Hyde is appealing at 5 but I just tend to think Sankey is better and in a better spot.

Draft in 9 hours .... :towelwave:

Would you advise a pretty stacked team to load up on wideouts this year? I have the 5, 9,11,12 picks this season still and two firsts next year. I was thinking Watkins or Evans, then maybe Hyde, Sankey, Cooks, Beckham, Ebron (whoever falls really). I am weakest at RB with Alfred Morris penciled in alongside ADP. I do own Lattimore so Hyde is appealing at 5 but I just tend to think Sankey is better and in a better spot.

That is what I am doing. I have 1.1 (will be Watkins), 1.8, 1.9 and 5 2nds. I will load up on WR this year (unless solid RB's fall) and get by on RB until I can reload there next year.

Too tough to tell this far out. This is the deepest WR class in a very long time, and we really only saw Watkins coming (of the guys who met the hype based on NFL draft position). There are plenty of guys who could end up being Evans, Cooks, Beckham level prospects this time next year.

I'd go BPA, especially if you're stacked.

Mariota, Winston, Petty, Hundley at QB; about 5 RBs, with Gurley being the cream; and the WR class is still up in the air at the moment.
Concept Coop hit it on the head here. I would revel in the chance to get Mariota, Winston, Gurley or Gordon. Amari Cooper is a good WR as well.

32 Team Dynasty - all my trades this offseason (players in () are the resulting players taken during the draft)

• Traded Jason Babin & 3.19 (DeAnthony Thomas RB) for DE Muhammad Wilkerson
  • Traded Clay Harbor & 2.12 (DeMarcus Lawerence DE) for Brandon Bostick & 3.8
  • Traded 3.8 for Nate Washington & 3.21 (Devin Street WR)
  • Traded DaNorris Searcy & 1.4 (Jordan Mattews WR) for Stevie Johnson & 1.19 (Devonta Freeman RB) & 1.28
  • Traded Nate Washington for Shea McClellin
  • Traded 1.28 (Jarvis Landry WR) for 2.06 (Josh Huff WR) & 3.01 (Lamin Barrow LB)
  • Traded Vontaze Burfict for Ryan Mallet, 1.32 (Terrance West RB) & 2015 1st Round Pick
Total Players Lost: Jason Babin, Clay Harbor, DaNorris Searcy, Nate Washington Vontaze Burfict

Total Picks Lost: 1.4 2.12, 3.8, 1.28

Total Players Gained: Muhammad Wilkerson, Brandon Bostick, Stevie Johnson, Shea McClellin, Ryan Mallet

Total Picks Gained: 1.19, 1.28, 1.32 2.06, 3.01, 3.08, 3.21, 2015 1st Round Pick

Not involved; 14 team, PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex

Colin Kaepernick+Mike Evans+Justin Hunter

for

Jimmy Graham+Eli Manning+Kenny Britt

In a vacuum, Graham side might win, but reflecting teams... give me the WRs+Kaep.

Team receiving Kaep just had Brady at QB, now has Martellus Bennett+Adrien Robinson at TE

Team receiving Graham also had Gronk at TE and now has Rivers/Eli/Schaub at QB, and is weak at WR.

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:
Trades made since Friday in Leather Helmet Dynasty #5 (12 teams; PPR; start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F)

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.08

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.02

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.08

Team C gave up:

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.01

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.01

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.12

Team A gave up both McCoy and Thomas in these deals. He finished 9-4 last season, 7th in points, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He had the first three picks in the draft and took Watkins, Evans, and Cooks. He also has 1.7, but we have only drafted through 1.5 so far.
im going to be in the minority on this one but I think its absolutely the right time to dump demaryius especially if you're doing it for draft picks. This is close to the peak of his trade value before manning retires, and this is an above average draft class for depth. And if youre going to dump your best receiver, its a good time to move mccoy, even if he could have gotten more for him. I have a feeling the plan was to get sankey at 1.3 to replace mccoy, but evans isnt a bad plan b at all. I also like getting so many quality picks in the 1.7-2.3 range, every pick that goes off the board in that range has a couple leaguemates yelling #### like old ladies who just heard someone yell bingo. It might not seem like he got enough for mccoy, and he probably should have gotten more (why is he the one giving fab$?), but I like the two deals together.
OK, Team A made another trade during the draft and also made a couple prior trades in March. So I thought it would be interesting to catalog all of the trades and the way it has changed his roster.

I'm going to summarize the net results of the 5 trades here:

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Wallace, Mike MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.08
$50.00 in blind bidding
And received in return:

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.02
Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.07
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.02
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06

Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.03

He already held the 1.3 pick from a trade during the startup draft in spring 2013.

Here is who he has drafted with all of these picks:

1.1 - Watkins

1.2 - Evans

1.3 - Cooks

1.7 - Adams

1.12 - Robinson

2.1 - Moncrief

2.2 - ASJ

2.6 - Manziel

2.12 - TBD (he is on deck with this pick right now)

3.3 - TBD

Thoughts?

for

In a vacuum, Graham side might win, but reflecting teams... give me the WRs+Kaep.

Team receiving Kaep just had Brady at QB, now has Martellus Bennett+Adrien Robinson at TE

Team receiving Graham also had Gronk at TE and now has Rivers/Eli/Schaub at QB, and is weak at WR.
I will take Graham pretty easily

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:
Trades made since Friday in Leather Helmet Dynasty #5 (12 teams; PPR; start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F)

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team A gave up both McCoy and Thomas in these deals. He finished 9-4 last season, 7th in points, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. He had the first three picks in the draft and took Watkins, Evans, and Cooks. He also has 1.7, but we have only drafted through 1.5 so far.
im going to be in the minority on this one but I think its absolutely the right time to dump demaryius especially if you're doing it for draft picks. This is close to the peak of his trade value before manning retires, and this is an above average draft class for depth. And if youre going to dump your best receiver, its a good time to move mccoy, even if he could have gotten more for him. I have a feeling the plan was to get sankey at 1.3 to replace mccoy, but evans isnt a bad plan b at all. I also like getting so many quality picks in the 1.7-2.3 range, every pick that goes off the board in that range has a couple leaguemates yelling #### like old ladies who just heard someone yell bingo. It might not seem like he got enough for mccoy, and he probably should have gotten more (why is he the one giving fab$?), but I like the two deals together.
OK, Team A made another trade during the draft and also made a couple prior trades in March. So I thought it would be interesting to catalog all of the trades and the way it has changed his roster.

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Wallace, Mike MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
$50.00 in blind bidding
And received in return:

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

He already held the 1.3 pick from a trade during the startup draft in spring 2013.

1.1 - Watkins

1.2 - Evans

1.3 - Cooks

1.7 - Adams

1.12 - Robinson

2.1 - Moncrief

2.2 - ASJ

2.6 - Manziel

3.3 - TBD

Thoughts?
I would love to get DT for Watkins,ARobinson, Moncrief and the player at 2.12

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Wallace, Mike MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
$50.00 in blind bidding
And received in return:

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

1.1 - Watkins

1.2 - Evans

1.3 - Cooks

1.7 - Adams

1.12 - Robinson

2.1 - Moncrief

2.2 - ASJ

2.6 - Manziel

3.3 - TBD

Thoughts?
Not only did he get Thomas, but also likely got a decent player at 2.08 and still has the 3.02.

for

I like Graham side by a lot, despite the current roster.

I think it's very reasonable to cool on Kaepernick, and no longer consider him a QB1. Rivers is likely to provide equal, if not greater production, IMO.

It has to hurt losing a great prospect in Evans, and a solid but risky one in Hunter, especially if you're weak at WR. But they don't add up to Graham, who has been and is likely to continue being a top 5-6 asset in PPR formats. Kaep could bounce back (top 8), Evans (WR10-12) and Hunter (WR2) hit and still not add up to Graham.

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.07
Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.07

Got:
Jackson, Vincent TBB WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.05 (which I used to select Terrance West)

I don't like sacrificing that 3rd rounder, but I'm not sold on Hilton being anything reliable (sure, he'll blow up from game-to-game) and I think that Jackson/Fitzgerald is a wash.

I don't feel great about this one, but my hand was forced a bit as I have next to nothing at the RB spot (Vick Ballard, Donald Brown, Moreno, Fred Jackson).

12 team dynasty PPR return yardage

Team A gets

Hakeem Nicks, 2 2015 1st rounders (prob picks 8-12)

Team B gets

Cordarelle Patterson, 2015 2nd and 3rd (both 7-12) picks

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

I don't like sacrificing that 3rd rounder, but I'm not sold on Hilton being anything reliable (sure, he'll blow up from game-to-game) and I think that Jackson/Fitzgerald is a wash.

I don't feel great about this one but my hand was forced a bit as I have next to nothing at the RB spot (Vick Ballard, Donald Brown, Moreno, Fred Jackson).
Your hand was forced in May?

I like Fitz more than Jackson too but pretty even

TY and picks for 2.05 not even

10 team 2QB/3WR/2RB/2TE/2flex .5 PPR

Team A traded: 1.09, Maclin, Stevie Johnson

Team B traded: 1.04

Context: Team A needed to free up some roster spots to make room for their rookie picks soon, and team B is in a rebuild and wasn't thrilled to be at 1.04. B now has 1.08/1.09/1.10/2.03.

Andy, not a fan of that trade.

Just for clarity, did you try perhaps to sell Fitz for a good RB, just straight up?

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

I don't feel great about this one, but my hand was forced a bit as I have next to nothing at the RB spot (Vick Ballard, Donald Brown, Moreno, Fred Jackson).
I'm a big Fitz guy, so perhaps I'm not the most objective on the subject, but I really don't like it for you. West is a solid prospect, but he's in a messy situation. He has Tate and Crowell to compete with for touches, in an offense that isn't likely to score a lot of points.

No offense, but I think you still have next to nothing at WR, and now, less ammo to target them.

I hope it works out for you, of course, however.

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

I don't feel great about this one but my hand was forced a bit as I have next to nothing at the RB spot (Vick Ballard, Donald Brown, Moreno, Fred Jackson).
Your hand was forced in May?

I like Fitz more than Jackson too but pretty even

TY and picks for 2.05 not even
Andy, not a fan of that trade.

Just for clarity, did you try perhaps to sell Fitz for a good RB, just straight up?
Yeah, it may have been a panic move. But the league isn't that active and you have to take what you can get from time to time.

I think I lost just a little in total, but I had decent WRs remaining on the roster even after the trade (Cruz, K Allen, J Hunter, V Jackson, Davante Adams - and depending on how you feel about them, Amendola, Boykin, Charles Johnson, and a few other possibles).

I'm a big Fitz guy, so perhaps I'm not the most objective on the subject, but I really don't like it for you. West is a solid prospect, but he's in a messy situation. He has Tate and Crowell to compete with for touches, in an offense that isn't likely to score a lot of points.

No offense, but I think you still have next to nothing at WR, and now, less ammo to target them.

I'm personally not all that concerned about Tate/Crowell.

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Wallace, Mike MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
$50.00 in blind bidding
And received in return:

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

1.1 - Watkins

1.2 - Evans

1.3 - Cooks

1.7 - Adams

1.12 - Robinson

2.1 - Moncrief

2.2 - ASJ

2.6 - Manziel

3.3 - TBD

Thoughts?
Not only did he get Thomas, but also likely got a decent player at 2.08 and still has the 3.02.
He used 2.8 for Terrance West. 2.12 and 3.2 still TBD.

I understand the mentality - Im currently weighing up trading my 2 1st rounders next year to get the 1.8 this year, so I can take Hyde (I have only gore and mathews as RBs), as this team is a team a took over.

Sometimes you have to pay the piper to get a move you want. I know Im overpaying, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet if you think the guys situation and talent is worth it

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

Nice get for Larry. I can't get any bites for him.

I'm so jacked today. I'm back from fbg timeout and my draft is tonight. :towelwave: I have the 5, 9, 11, 12 and 29.

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:

Team A gave up:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

$50.00 in blind bidding

Team B gave up:

Team A gave up:

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Team C gave up:

Team A gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Wallace, Mike MIA WR
Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
$50.00 in blind bidding
And received in return:

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

1.1 - Watkins

1.2 - Evans

1.3 - Cooks

1.7 - Adams

1.12 - Robinson

2.1 - Moncrief

2.2 - ASJ

2.6 - Manziel

3.3 - TBD

Thoughts?
For fun, let's take pieces individually and break it down that way:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB (gave) > Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.01 (got)

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (gave) > Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.02 (got)

There is little question about these, as neither vet can be obtained for just these picks. It takes multiple 1sts to get each of these guys.

1.3 - Cooks

We can ignore this, as it was not part of any deal and the guy already had this pick

Wallace, Mike MIA WR (gave) > Dobson, Aaron NEP WR (got)

I think most would agree, though there may be room for debate based on Wallace's 2013 and age difference. But, Dobson has done little so far and is in a pass catching committee with Edelman, Amendola, and especially Gronk while Wallace is still the WR1 in MIA and Lazor replaces Sherman at OC, promising to use Wallace properly.

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.08 (gave) < Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.07 (got)

Obviously 7 > 8, but it is a small difference especially in this draft where several players in that range are being drafted interchangeably as a matter of personal preference

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR (gave) >? <? Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12 (got)

Sort of hard to say here. Bust factor at 1.12 grows. Maclin is in a great O but coming off injury, and who knows what is next for him after his one year deal expires. Still, he's a likely high catch guy in 2014 in a PPR league, and just 26. 1.12 ended up as Robinson JAC, who also drafted M Lee ahead of him and onto a team with an untested QBOTF in Bortles, onto a team with a decade of failure (though it's a new staff now making decisions).

Boykin, Jarrett GBP WR
Hunter, Kendall SFO RB
$50.00 in blind bidding
(gave)

<

(got)

This probably boils down, in reality, to Boykin < 2.01 (Moncrief) plus 2.02 (AS-Jenkins) in terms of actual impact. Chances are that Boykin's real value is limited to a year or two, and chances are one of Moncrief and ASJ never amount to much (we all like to believe these rookies drafted in this range will all be wonderfully useful beings, but past rookie drafts are littered with 'name' guys who just didn't pan out). Boykin better now, the rook pair better later if things work out.

The rest of the gaves/gots we can pretty much ignore in terms of evaluation as they are guesses, lottery tickets at that point (K Hunter, 2.08, 3.08, $50 vs. 2.06, 2.12, 3.03).

So, in my mind the trade-happy guy probably 'won' the lower portions of things but the value of those wins do not come close to the value losses of the first three, and especially the first two, matchups I listed above. I think the trader got too excited about the prospect of lots of shiny new toys and forgot just how many can't miss rookies end up either total busts or just mediocre NFL guys who never produce at a level to help a starting lineup. As a big package, give me the McCoy and Demaryius side easily.

Nice breakdown, Bruce. That essentially supports my thinking on it. To put it another way, there is no guarantee that any one of the draft picks will ever provide as much value as McCoy and Thomas still have remaining in their careers.

It is a bold strategy. I feel as if most owners who just made the playoffs and had two players of the caliber of McCoy and Thomas would attempt to build a championship team around them.

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

I think it's pretty fair. I like VJax over Fitz so that helps some with having to give up the extra WR.

I understand the mentality - Im currently weighing up trading my 2 1st rounders next year to get the 1.8 this year, so I can take Hyde (I have only gore and mathews as RBs), as this team is a team a took over.

Sometimes you have to pay the piper to get a move you want. I know Im overpaying, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet if you think the guys situation and talent is worth it
I would not do this, especially with next year's strong RB class. If anything Hyde is likely going to sit this year anyway so if the guys you would draft next year end up in starting roles they could be taking the field as a starter at the same time anyway.

I would not do this, especially with next year's strong RB class. If anything Hyde is likely going to sit this year anyway so if the guys you would draft next year end up in starting roles they could be taking the field as a starter at the same time anyway.
that's what's making me hesitate.

Context: Team A needed to free up some roster spots to make room for their rookie picks soon, and team B is in a rebuild and wasn't thrilled to be at 1.04. B now has 1.08/1.09/1.10/2.03.
Same team B traded: 2.03

Team C traded: DeSean Jackson

Same team B traded: 2.03

Team C traded: DeSean Jackson
In most formats, I'd pass. In a 10 team, start 2 QB--I think it's reasonable to roll the dice on the pick.

I'm personally not all that concerned about Tate/Crowell.
I don't mind the trade for you. I like VJ more than Fitz, so I think it's about even.

Why are you so high on West?

I think the net of it is pretty good for him. From his perspective, the trade wasn't McCoy for 1.1 and Thomas for 1.2, it was McCoy, Thomas and a middle of the road 2015 first for 1.1, 1.2 and Gurley. He got rid of all of the players that were keeping him in the middle of the pack, and added a ton of players who won't help right away. Notice that he didn't take even a single running back with all those picks, either. This dude doesn't want to accidentally win games. He obviously wants Gurley in a big way, and wasn't going to be bad enough to get him with McCoy and Thomas on his team. so he blew it up.

In a perfect market, he probably could have gotten more in the deals. But when you specifically want one and only one thing - the 1.2 pick - and that guy has visions of Mike Evans dancing in his head, and you offer him Demaryius Thomas for 1.2 and a future first, the guy might tell you to pound sand. His strategy was obviously to load up on 2014 rookies so his team will be firing on all cylinders in 2016+, so trading for established players wasn't going to help. And keeping Thomas was antithetical to his goal of building around Gurley and all those receivers.

It sounds like he looked at his team, realized that in an ideal year for Thomas and McCoy he still only finished 7th in scoring, realized that nobody he took at 1.3 was going to put him over the top this year or next, and saw the writing on the wall for Thomas with Manning set to retire. It's certainly tempting to build around a couple younger studs like that, but if those are your only real studs, and you really believe that Gurley is the next next Adrian Peterson, and that this draft is as stacked at WR as everyone says, then I love the move. If it doesn't work, sure, it sets him back pretty badly, but if it does, he could have an uber stud team for the next decade plus.

Look for the veteran fire sale to continue all year, so if you're looking for anything he's got, now's the time to make offers of 2015 picks for it. He'll obviously take some inexpensive offers.

Gave up:

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Got:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

I think it's pretty fair. I like VJax over Fitz so that helps some with having to give up the extra WR.
I like VJax over Fitz as well but I like Hilton way better than 2.5. The last time we saw Hilton he had 13 catches for 224 yards and 2 TDs, followed by another 103 the following week in two postseason games. He's the incumbent #1 and will be catching passes from a true stud QB for his entire career. He's got Marvin Harrison potential, but at a minimum he's an emerging WR2 with some WR1 seasons ahead of him.

You pretty much admitted that you overpaid to fill a need and that's what it looks like. Most would rather have Hilton than the 2.05. Not to mention the bonus 3.07, which could net a halfway decent prospect ala A Williams/Garoppolo/McKinnon/Richardson depending on how many reaches there are in front of that pick.

I don't see it as a profitable exchange based on the generic odds. You'd need West to work out pretty nicely to come out ahead (which is definitely possible).

Hilton is not a #1. He'll have occasional weeks where he blows up but won't be consistent...Which is maddening to me.
Every player is inconsistent but I do understand what you're saying.

I see it differently. IMO, Hilton makes a good wr3 as I'm not looking for consistent stats there, I want some big games.

Hilton is not a #1. He'll have occasional weeks where he blows up but won't be consistent...Which is maddening to me.
Every player is inconsistent but I do understand what you're saying.

I see it differently. IMO, Hilton makes a good wr3 as I'm not looking for consistent stats there, I want some big games.
That might be true. But like I said before, I felt I had enough remaining talent after the trade that I could get the same from someone else.

But since I had so little at the RB spot, it was worth the attempt.

It's about total roster management not micro-managing only the players involved in the trade.

I just think if you're going to knowlingy overpay to get what you want (which I am a big proponent of), you need to be getting more of a sure thing back. West has his upside and his believers, but he's not close to a sure thing, especially in the short-term.

that's what's making me hesitate.
Everything about that deal would make me hesitate

Users who are viewing this thread