What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

12 Team PPR Devy League

Josh Gordon

Ryan Griffin

2015 3rd Rounder

For

Terrance Williams

Tyler Eifert

(3) 2015 2nd Rounders

Rozman said:
12 Team PPR Devy League

Josh Gordon

Ryan Griffin

2015 3rd Rounder

For

Terrance Williams

Tyler Eifert

(3) 2015 2nd Rounders
Probably a pretty solid value for Gordon considering circumstances

Rozman said:
12 Team PPR Devy League

Josh Gordon

Ryan Griffin

2015 3rd Rounder

For

Terrance Williams

Tyler Eifert

(3) 2015 2nd Rounders
Probably a pretty solid value for Gordon considering circumstances
The 3 2nd round picks make it interesting to me. Quite a bit of talent in next year's draft.

Gordon would have to return and be the guy he was last year to for this to work out for the team getting him.

travdogg said:
So, this team was pretty loaded last year, but had some awful injury luck and somehow missed the playoffs, but looking to go all in this year, they offered the following trade:

Gives:

Andre Ellington

Michael Crabtree

2015 1st

Gets

Matt Forte

Leaving a starting lineup of:

Brees

McCoy

Forte

Demaryius

Keenan

Gronk

1 of Roddy, Ray Rice or Lamar Miller

Also has the 1.4 rookie pick.
Ellington side

travdogg said:
So, this team was pretty loaded last year, but had some awful injury luck and somehow missed the playoffs, but looking to go all in this year, they offered the following trade:

Gives:

Andre Ellington

Michael Crabtree

2015 1st

Gets

Matt Forte

Brees

McCoy

Forte

Demaryius

Keenan

Gronk

Ellington side
Yeah, in a vacuum have to think Ellington/Crabtree/1st is more valuable to most teams in the long-run.

travdogg said:

Gives:

Andre Ellington

Michael Crabtree

2015 1st

Gets

Matt Forte

Brees

McCoy

Forte

Demaryius

Keenan

Gronk

Ellington side
that seems pretty crazy to get that much for Forte right now

Yeah, in a vacuum have to think Ellington/Crabtree/1st is more valuable to most teams in the long-run.
Seems like the Forte side would only be good for this year, then the other side will help the other team for quite a while....with legit potential to be better than the Forte side THIS year.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pair of trades in some unique leagues...

In a league where half the league can only keep players until they are 27 (other half can only roster 27 y/o+ players)

Gave: Crabtree/2015 3rd

Got: J Hill

I only had Crabs for 1 more year, and now will have Hill for 5.

Another league...

devy/superflex/TE premium

Gave: Kap/Cassel/L Willson/Fournette/Clement/T Boyd

Got: Stafford/JHunter/G Jennings/2015 2nd

In a league where half the league can only keep players until they are 27 (other half can only roster 27 y/o+ players)

Another league...

Like both deals for you.

The Stafford deal was a total steal for you but I am not super high on Kaep

Did you randomly select which side was which or did owners choose?

Wouldn't this lead to the "under 27" owners getting fleeced on deals for their 26, about to turn 27, players since they are forced to move them?

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Wouldn't this lead to the "under 27" owners getting fleeced on deals for their 26, about to turn 27, players since they are forced to move them?
They aren't forced to move them; players are removed from their roster once they turn 27 and placed into a pool. The over-27 teams obviously can't have a rookie draft (except for rare, Brandon Weeden exceptions), but instead they have a dispersal draft of the players who just turned 27.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I would imagine the values are drastically different due to that cliff and incentive to sell, but I can't see how fleeced is the right word when everyone knew the ground rules going in.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I would imagine the values are drastically different due to that cliff and incentive to sell, but I can't see how fleeced is the right word when everyone knew the ground rules going in.
Plus it's not like there is only one potential buyer - 1/2 the league is eligible to carry that guy.

Still, I can't imagine it's something I would want to be in.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

They aren't forced to move them; players are removed from their roster once they turn 27 and placed into a pool. The over-27 teams obviously can't have a rookie draft (except for rare, Brandon Weeden exceptions), but instead they have a dispersal draft of the players who just turned 27.
Thanks for the answer. Interesting concept.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

True. I guess you have the league market factored in as well.

jeter23 said:

Another league...

I would rather have Kap and the devy players. That sure is a lot of "potential" talent to give up for Stafford and Hunter.

12 team ppr start 1-5 WR

Sent: Allen, Lee

Got: Dez

Almost done with a HA start up. Would not have traded the corresponding picks since I don't like paying to move up to 1.02, but once my team took shape I made the deal. Which raises an interesting point (for me at least), there is a big difference between trading picks in a start up, trading players after a start up and trades made in an established league. I think just about everyone would trade Allen plus a late 1st or early 2nd for Dez.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I imagine all six 'over 27' are banging at the door for the 26 yo players. Owners probably aren't getting fleeced.

It does seem difficult to win as an 'under 27' owner though.

14 Team PPR

I am in win-now mode. Didn't want to rely on Hilton or Williams as my FLEX.

Gave: Terrance Williams, 2015 1st, 2015 4th

Received: Michael Crabtree, 2015 2nd, 2015 2nd, 2015 3rd

The 3rd and 4th rounders are from the same third party team. I project my 1st to be very late and 1 of his seconds to be in the 2-5 range.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I imagine all six 'over 27' are banging at the door for the 26 yo players. Owners probably aren't getting fleeced.

Especially at QB.

Considering there are only 13 starters under 27 today and maybe 7-8 of those are guys I might be comfortable starting as QB1

14 Team PPR

I am in win-now mode. Didn't want to rely on Hilton or Williams as my FLEX.

Gave: Terrance Williams, 2015 1st, 2015 4th

Received: Michael Crabtree, 2015 2nd, 2015 2nd, 2015 3rd

The 3rd and 4th rounders are from the same third party team. I project my 1st to be very late and 1 of his seconds to be in the 2-5 range.
Good deal for you I think. Hard to envision any non-injury scenario where TWill is as good as Crabtree this year and beyond

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I'm probably missing something obvious, but what could the 'over 27' owners be able to offer to the 'under 27' owners? I don't see how there could be trades between the two groups. With completely separate player pools, trades are the same as any other league, just the length of time a guy is rosterable is defined in the 'under 27' group.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

I'm probably missing something obvious, but what could the 'over 27' owners be able to offer to the 'under 27' owners? I don't see how there could be trades between the two groups. With completely separate player pools, trades are the same as any other league, just the length of time a guy is rosterable is defined in the 'under 27' group.
Peyton Manning's first born?

Are both the dispersal and rookie drafts mixed? An over 27 can trade their 1.08 to an under 27 and that pick goes from being a dispersal guy to a rookie?

Something like:

1.01 Under 27

1.02 Under 27

1.03 Over 27

1.04 Under 27

1.05 Over 27

1.06 Under 27

etc.?

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Especially at QB.

Considering there are only 13 starters under 27 today and maybe 7-8 of those are guys I might be comfortable starting as QB1
But remember, there are only 6 teams that are forced to start under-27 players, so if there are 7-8 under-27 QBs, that's enough to go around.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Especially at QB.

But remember, there are only 6 teams that are forced to start under-27 players, so if there are 7-8 under-27 QBs, that's enough to go around.
I missed the 12 team league part...my bad fellas. Thanks for the catch

Gave: Kelvin Benjamin (own Cam)

Got: Bryce Brown (own Spiller & FJax)
Way too much for Bryce Brown imo.
Id rather have Benjamin then the triple handcuff....
than all 3? wow, I guess I'm not that high on Benjamin then. Camp reports are he's been very slow out of breaks and struggling with his route tree. He's young but not any kind of guarantee even if it appears he's Cam's only weapon. Brown is getting devalued too much lately. I still think an injury to either Jackson or Spiller will boost Brown a ton.

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Evans

Got: Benjamin, 2015 1st (mid)
I like this deal for you. Even though I'm not all that high on Benjamin. I think Evans is a bit overrated. I do not think McCown is the answer and Evans will not reach his perceived value till the Bucs draft or obtain a true franchise caliber QB. The mid first round pick swings the pendulum.

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Evans

Got: Benjamin, 2015 1st (mid)
I would definitely take Benjamin and the mid 1st in superflex. Even a late first and I would likely have made that deal. Not sure I see a massive gap between Evans and Benjamin

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

No, started as a strategy discussion- youth vs vets, and turned into a league. Each guy got to pick the side they felt strongly about. Players with only one year left clearly lose a lot of value. I wouldn't deal Crabtree+ for Hill in a typical league. Cooks has 7 years left on our side, and he's basically being valued as a top 10 WR because of it.

jeter23 said:

Another league...

I would rather have Kap and the devy players. That sure is a lot of "potential" talent to give up for Stafford and Hunter.
I agree I gave up a lot and on face value, probably lost the trade. The factors that made me accept...

*increased QB value with super flex and I felt safer with Stafford.

*I had 9 devys already on a 32 man roster

*I acquired most of those on the cheap, allowing me to "sell low" and feel okay about it

*I needed one more young starting level WR

Current team (of note):

Stafford, Manziel, Jameis, Hackenberg

Foster, Bush, CJ, Karlos Williams, Derrick Henry, Alex Collins

Cobb, Hunter, Sammy, Cooks, OBJ, Colston, Wayne, Woods, Jennings

Eifert, Ebron, Gates

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

The vet teams actually can't acquire the borderline players until the offseason auction. We will hold one auction. Youth teams will spend on the incoming rookies and vet teams will spend on the vets moving up. This year, that includes McCoy, AJ Green and many others. The vet teams are top heavy, but have no depth. There are some very good "youth" on the WW, like Ridley and Bradford, that youth teams had no room for. It's been an odd league so far.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Correct, the only thing the 2 sides can trade with each other is draft picks (which really equals auction money).

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Peyton Manning's first born?

Are both the dispersal and rookie drafts mixed? An over 27 can trade their 1.08 to an under 27 and that pick goes from being a dispersal guy to a rookie?

Something like:

1.01 Under 27

1.02 Under 27

1.03 Over 27

1.04 Under 27

1.05 Over 27

1.06 Under 27

etc.?
Basically, except it will be an auction. So, McCoy, AJ Green, Todd Gurley and Marcus Mariota will all be up for bid at the same time, with 6 teams bidding on each. If I needed extra money for a rookie, I could trade a future pick for some auction money with any of the 11 other teams though, as long as no "young" players went to the "old" side.

Dr. Octopus said:
jeter23 said:

Especially at QB.

Yeah, my QBs are Luck (3 more years) and Manziel (6).

Here's a link to the league BTW http://football10.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=64474&O=07

12 team .5PPR dynasty with 2RB/3WR and a WR/RB/TE flex.

Team A gives:
Matt Forte

Toby Gerhart

3.07 rookie pick

2015 3rd round rookie pick

for

Team B:
Rob Gronkowski
Ray Rice
2015 2nd round rookie pick

Team A had depth at RB, Team B had a need at RB and depth at TE

12 team .5PPR dynasty with 2RB/3WR and a WR/RB/TE flex.

Team A gives:

Matt Forte

Toby Gerhart

3.07 rookie pick

2015 3rd round rookie pick

for

Team B:

Rob Gronkowski

Ray Rice

2015 2nd round rookie pick

Team A had depth at RB, Team B had a need at RB and depth at TE
To be clear, is there a mandatory starting TE position? You only mentioned that you must start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and there was a flex spot.

If so, Gronk smash.

Users who are viewing this thread