What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team .5PPR dynasty with 2RB/3WR and a WR/RB/TE flex.

Team A gives:

Matt Forte

Toby Gerhart

3.07 rookie pick

2015 3rd round rookie pick

for

Team B:

Rob Gronkowski

Ray Rice

2015 2nd round rookie pick

Team A had depth at RB, Team B had a need at RB and depth at TE
To be clear, is there a mandatory starting TE position? You only mentioned that you must start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and there was a flex spot.

If so, Gronk smash.
Yes, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX

Team A gave: A.J.Green, Julius Thomas

Team B gave: Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Tyler Eifert

Not my trade, mandatory TE league.

I'm one of the rare souls who has Eifert ranked ahead of Thomas. Between Watkins and Evans, Team A is likely to recoup what he lost in Green.

Add in Benjamin (who I don't like but who has some value in theory) and it's a win for the side getting Watkins IMO.

I'm one of the rare souls who has Eifert ranked ahead of Thomas. Between Watkins and Evans, Team A is likely to recoup what he lost in Green.

Add in Benjamin (who I don't like but who has some value in theory) and it's a win for the side getting Watkins IMO.
I agree and I thought I'd be the minority. Though I like Thomas more than Eifert, I think Sammy is legit and Evans is solid. I understand that the ff community is in love with AJG, but I've never considered him as one of my top 3 elite... That puts me in the minority.

It could be, but he's also assuming (almost) all of the risk. I also like Eifert more than Thomas, and think Evans and Watkins should both workout, so it's not a terrible trade, but I'd rather keep Green and move Thomas for Eifert and Evans (or something like that).

12 team .5PPR dynasty with 2RB/3WR and a WR/RB/TE flex.

Team A gives:

Matt Forte

Toby Gerhart

3.07 rookie pick

2015 3rd round rookie pick

for

Team B:

Rob Gronkowski

Ray Rice

2015 2nd round rookie pick

Team A had depth at RB, Team B had a need at RB and depth at TE
To be clear, is there a mandatory starting TE position? You only mentioned that you must start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and there was a flex spot.

If so, Gronk smash.
Agreed. Gronk for me

It could be, but he's also assuming (almost) all of the risk. I also like Eifert more than Thomas, and think Evans and Watkins should both workout, so it's not a terrible trade, but I'd rather keep Green and move Thomas for Eifert and Evans (or something like that).
The AJG and Thomas side has virtually no risk while the other side is hoping that at least two of those four players become studs.

Last edited by a moderator:

The AJG and Thomas side has virtually no risk while the other side is hoping that at least two of those four players become studs.
:yes: this is one of those trades where you can see what both sides are thinking and could pay off for either, but I'll always take the proven top 5 guy over guys who might be top 10 (really I don't think either will be) but haven't shown anything yet.

10 team start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex (any) + IDP PPR

I gave up:

Brandin Cooks (DTS) Can stay on DTS for 3 years. Can be assigned any length contract whenever owner decides to move him up

I received:

Keenan Allen (3 years left on contract)

I likely won't be able to keep Allen once his contract expires, because Rodgers' contract is expiring the same year. Felt this improved my starting WR core enough for this year. Will be starting 3 of Megatron, AJ Green, Nelson, Allen

Sure there is risk. Thomas could turn out to be an overrated flash in the pan who regresses to a fringe TE1 level or worse once Manning is gone. IMO his dynasty ADP is too high by about 30-50 spots. He had one nice season, but that doesn't make him Witten or Gonzo just yet.

Any one rookie has risk, but between three first round prospects (Watkins, Evans, Benjamin), it's unlikely that you won't find at least one reliable impact player.

• Team A gave up Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from team C; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from team D; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team E
  • Team B gave up Montee Ball
  • Comments: team A DEVY TO team B
14 team DEVY tiered PPR (.75/1/1.25 for RB/WR/TE) start 2 RB, 3WR and a flex. relatively deep 24 man rosters

Team B was coming out of a rebuild, but is probably still in it with this deal. Team A going all in for 2014. Picks are likely to be one very early, one mid range, and one late. Devy more likely late then early, depending on health of team A's squad (strong lineup but weak depth with few picks to fix holes if they happen)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Team A gave up Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from team C; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from team D; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team E
14 team DEVY tiered PPR (.75/1/1.25 for RB/WR/TE) start 2 RB, 3WR and a flex. relatively deep 24 man rosters

Team B was coming out of a rebuild, but is probably still in it with this deal. Team A going all in for 2014. Picks are likely to be one very early, one mid range, and one late. Devy more likely late then early, depending on health of team A's squad (strong lineup but weak depth with few picks to fix holes if they happen)
I was surprised to see that one come through my e-mail box. I have Ball as the #19 dynasty RB, so I think you cleaned house getting that much for him.

I get the idea that he could blow up in that offense with Moreno gone. All it will take is a decent season to solidify his top 10 dynasty RB market value.

All the same, that's a boatload of picks for a somewhat unproven 2nd round prospect. Any one of them could net you a comparable talent.

I was surprised to see that one come through my e-mail box. I have Ball as the #19 dynasty RB, so I think you cleaned house getting that much for him.

I get the idea that he could blow up in that offense with Moreno gone. All it will take is a decent season to solidify his top 10 dynasty RB market value.

All the same, that's a boatload of picks for a somewhat unproven 2nd round prospect. Any one of them could net you a comparable talent.
would like it a lot more if I still owned my own first, but still sitting on five firsts for next years draft

Startup PPR draft still in process:

Team A gave: Calvin

Team B gave: Crabtree, 10.8 (Tom Brady), 10.11 (Cody Latimer), 11.9 (TBD)

Startup PPR draft still in process:

Team A gave: Calvin

Team B gave: Crabtree, 10.8 (Tom Brady), 10.11 (Cody Latimer), 11.9 (TBD)
Yuck. Why draft Calvin in the first (presumedly) and then trade him for that?
Yes (he was drafted at 1.4) and that's what the rest of the league thought (including me). There was a lot of chirping post trade. People saying if that's how trades go in the league it won't last long, etc, but not collusive so it is what it is. The funny part is he had already drafted Kaepernik at 5.12 so to make that trade and then take Brady really made little sense to me.

People saying if that's how trades go in the league it won't last long
1,000% accurate.
So sounds like I need to really draft to win now....
Though dynasty leagues should be played with a longterm mindset, if you ever have an inclination that the league will implode, it does make sense to gear up for winning NOW. Thats a bit fatalistic but don't leave you winning window so far out when the league has a possible close dinner than that. I'm in a league right now that has so much turnover that I worry about the balance in about 2 years from now where at least a third of the teams are so bad that they will be automatic wins for opponents.

14 team devy league with .5/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 FLEX.

Gave: 1.06 devy pick (basically Melvin Gordon)

Got: WR Larry Fitzgerald

Traded:

Demaryius Thomas

Received:

Christine Michael

Patterson

Latimer
Decent Haul but still DT for me
Also, in the 3 for 1 trade, did you have junk players to drop? Minor detail but I always wonder what the cost was in total. Pretty even otherwise. Might still be leaning toward DT. The other 3 are extremely high hype, high potential, and still unknown.
32 player offseason rosters so not much of value

Here is an awful one for a 12 team PPR league (Memphis is defending champion)

[SIZE=medium]Puerto Rico[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Brees, Drew NOS QB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Memphis [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]gave up:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romo, Tony DAL QB[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Davis, Knile KCC RB[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Thompkins, Kenbrell NEP WR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis
Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick from Memphis
[/SIZE]

Here is an awful one for a 12 team PPR league (Memphis is defending champion)

[SIZE=medium]Puerto Rico[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Brees, Drew NOS QB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Memphis [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]gave up:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Romo, Tony DAL QB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Davis, Knile KCC RB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thompkins, Kenbrell NEP WR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis[/SIZE]

Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick from Memphis
Great QB upgrade at minimal cost.

Spin said:
10 team start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex (any) + IDP PPR

I gave up:

Brandin Cooks (DTS) Can stay on DTS for 3 years. Can be assigned any length contract whenever owner decides to move him up

I received:

Keenan Allen (3 years left on contract)

I likely won't be able to keep Allen once his contract expires, because Rodgers' contract is expiring the same year. Felt this improved my starting WR core enough for this year. Will be starting 3 of Megatron, AJ Green, Nelson, Allen
Allen for sure

Ppr 12 team dynasty

gave up james white and 2015 first for

t-rich and 2015 second
Close. Probably market value for both...Ill take TRich

One More Rep said:
maf005 said:
Traded:

Demaryius Thomas

Received:

Christine Michael

Patterson

Latimer
Decent Haul but still DT for me
I like the other three pieces as well, but would surely take Thomas.
DT easily for me

Non-ppr, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE:

Ertz, Fitzgerald and Chris Johnson

for

Gronk (and scrubs)
Gronk smash.
Agreed

EBF said:
14 team devy league with .5/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 FLEX.

Gave: 1.06 devy pick (basically Melvin Gordon)

Got: WR Larry Fitzgerald
Fitz for me

Users who are viewing this thread