What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

Team A gets D. Murray/Leonard Hankerson/ 1.4 Rookie pick

Team B gets Jordy Nelson/Toby Gerhart/ 1.10 Rookie pick/3.3 Rookie pick/3.10 Rookie pick
Probably going against the grain but I like the A side of this deal. Hankerson is worthless and I still like Murray and 1.04 but its close
I actually like the murray and pick 4 side by a lot.

I take Murray over Nelson and pick 4 over the other stuff.
+1

I acquired Doug Martin, Mike James, Alex Smith, and 2015 2nd rnd pick and I gave up Victor Cruz, Aron Dobson, and a 2014 1st rounder (1.10). I still have a 1.07 and 2.03 and 2.05 in our rookie draft for 2014.

We have no te's but can start 4 wr/te slots or 3 wr and 3 rbs. I'm curious to see what others think of this trade. My dynasty team is in my signature.
Nice deal for you
Yeah I hope I can get a decent wr in the draft

In a rebuild I had 1.03 / 1.06 / 1.09 / 1.11 / 1.13 (too many eggs in one basket for my taste)

Combo of 2 trades

gave 1.09 / 1.11 / 3.10 / 3.11 for 2 2015 1sts ( I expect 1 of them to be in the bottom half) 2nd & 3rd

In a rebuild I had 1.03 / 1.06 / 1.09 / 1.11 / 1.13 (too many eggs in one basket for my taste)

Combo of 2 trades

gave 1.09 / 1.11 / 3.10 / 3.11 for 2 2015 1sts ( I expect 1 of them to be in the bottom half) 2nd & 3rd
I would have held the picks. 2014 is a great year to re-build. 1.09 and 1.11 are the estimated equivalent of 1.04 and 1.06 in a normal year. 2015 COULD be a good year as well, but no guarantees.... Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

Why get cute? Too many eggs in one basket is not a valid reason to make a deal. I'm sure that your trade partners were thrilled to get another pick in this stacked year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Combo of 2 trades

I am always fine with dealing a late 1st for a future 1st.

Combo of 2 trades

I would have held the picks.2014 is a great year to re-build. 1.09 and 1.11 are the estimated equivalent of 1.04 and 1.06 in a normal year. 2015 COULD be a good year as well, but no guarantees.... Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

Why get cute? Too many eggs in one basket is not a valid reason to make a deal. I'm sure that your trade partners were thrilled to get another pick in this stacked year!
I think that was only part of it. Getting guaranteed higher picks in the future is probably the main reason.

• Hash Pipes gave up Wallace, Mike MIA WR; $30.00 in blind bidding ($200 given to each team each year and they do carry over)
  • Loose Bruce gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.10; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.13
I guess I am alone on this one beside the person in the deal but I will take Wallace
I wouldn't, but I would agree that Mike Wallace is currently undervalued. Over the last third of the season he was a high/mid WR2. One would not think that by the way he was so heavily criticized.

• Hash Pipes gave up Wallace, Mike MIA WR; $30.00 in blind bidding ($200 given to each team each year and they do carry over)
  • Loose Bruce gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.10; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.13
I guess I am alone on this one beside the person in the deal but I will take Wallace
You're not alone. Though I agree that the 1.10 + 1.13 is a strong price for Wallace, this is a reflection of his current trade value, IMO, not his actual value.

His actual value is, I think, headed way up. He had 142 targets last year and they are keen to use, use, use him. Poor QB play is the issue and for whatever reason - Saturn must be in the house of Jupiter - I think they figure it out in Miami.

I only have him in one league - where I am a strong contender. If I were to trade him for those picks, I am then probably surfing to parlay the pick(s) to find a guy with as much upside.

I thought the trade was pretty even. I won the league last year and have Peyton in what is likely his final year and was hoping to make one more run. Hate trading away the upside of Tyner but needed an immediate boost at WR. The other owner has no chance in 2014 but is absolutely loaded with future devy talent. Should be a win-win for both teams. Not a trade I would make in every league.
This type of thing is probably why I have avoided devy-leagues. I want to become conscious of talent only when it's edging on entering the NFL. FF is a tremendous time-abyss. Why do I need to spend precious time digging for high school prospects? I don't. But perhaps I have naught but to dig dig dig...

Even if time spent = FF success, there is a point of diminishing returns, folks.

Addressing the trade in question, just for a second - what possible upside could a 2016 prospect hold that would warrant carrying his dumb### for three whole seasons? Assuming he doesn't get hurt, or fall down a well, in the meantime.

Give me Hilton, all day, all the way, for a thousand days of real, now upside.
I too likely will never bother with a Devy league. Got enough to do NOW as it is in dynasty leagues. Not sure I want to get into leagues where whoever spends the most time reading up on 18 year old players will rule the league for years and years.
I agree with this. You gotta cut it off somewhere... What's next - high school devy leagues? Better yet, as soon as physically blessed athletes have offspring you can draft and hold them on your team. I think there are enough moving parts in a dynasty leagues and enough joy can be provided from projecting out a career from the draft on. You still have motivation to follow college football with the regular dynasty format. I don't want to be forced to follow high school too... Life is too short.
You did cut it off. That's fine but bashing guys because they want to spend that time and get a deeper attachment to players makes no sense to me. Maybe they do have/make the time.

Anyway I just think it is crazy calling others whatever you are calling them for choosing to take an extra step. Everybody love the rookie draft so why not 2?
To be clear, I was bashing the format and the psychology of 'forever deeper', not individuals with near infinite time that might happen to have been swirled into the vortex. (We are, after all, all staring out from the edge).

However, the point of my rant, if there was one, was to point out the absurdity of 3-year devy players. College freshman are a long way back. So long in fact, that it could use a bit of tongue-in-cheek ridicule. :P

I thought the trade was pretty even. I won the league last year and have Peyton in what is likely his final year and was hoping to make one more run. Hate trading away the upside of Tyner but needed an immediate boost at WR. The other owner has no chance in 2014 but is absolutely loaded with future devy talent. Should be a win-win for both teams. Not a trade I would make in every league.
This type of thing is probably why I have avoided devy-leagues. I want to become conscious of talent only when it's edging on entering the NFL. FF is a tremendous time-abyss. Why do I need to spend precious time digging for high school prospects? I don't. But perhaps I have naught but to dig dig dig...

Even if time spent = FF success, there is a point of diminishing returns, folks.

Addressing the trade in question, just for a second - what possible upside could a 2016 prospect hold that would warrant carrying his dumb### for three whole seasons? Assuming he doesn't get hurt, or fall down a well, in the meantime.

Give me Hilton, all day, all the way, for a thousand days of real, now upside.
I too likely will never bother with a Devy league. Got enough to do NOW as it is in dynasty leagues. Not sure I want to get into leagues where whoever spends the most time reading up on 18 year old players will rule the league for years and years.
I agree with this. You gotta cut it off somewhere... What's next - high school devy leagues? Better yet, as soon as physically blessed athletes have offspring you can draft and hold them on your team. I think there are enough moving parts in a dynasty leagues and enough joy can be provided from projecting out a career from the draft on. You still have motivation to follow college football with the regular dynasty format. I don't want to be forced to follow high school too... Life is too short.
You did cut it off. That's fine but bashing guys because they want to spend that time and get a deeper attachment to players makes no sense to me. Maybe they do have/make the time.

Anyway I just think it is crazy calling others whatever you are calling them for choosing to take an extra step. Everybody love the rookie draft so why not 2?
To be clear, I was bashing the format and the psychology of 'forever deeper', not individuals with near infinite time that might happen to have been swirled into the vortex. (We are, after all, all staring out from the edge).

However, the point of my rant, if there was one, was to point out the absurdity of 3-year devy players. College freshman are a long way back. So long in fact, that it could use a bit of tongue-in-cheek ridicule. :P
I play in one Devy. I enjoy it although I am likely to draft players entering the NFL or maybe eligible for the draft the following year if I think I have a good feel for them. About as far as I go with the devy part.

I guess because I play in a devy league I would like to encourage my opponents to feel free to draft HS kids so I can get better players that are going to play in the NFL that year. If you shame them into a more risk averse draft pattern I will get worse players as a result

Then again much like redraft and dynasty leagues now, just pay for someone else's rankings and you dont have to do any of the work.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Combo of 2 trades

I would have held the picks. 2014 is a great year to re-build. 1.09 and 1.11 are the estimated equivalent of 1.04 and 1.06 in a normal year. 2015 COULD be a good year as well, but no guarantees.... Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

Should also be noted that it's a 14 team league

12 team PPR - separate leagues:

1) Team A gets: Ingram

Team B gets: J Hunter

2) Team A gets:L.Bell, Roddy

Team B gets: AJG

Without seeing the rosters in this one, I think Green in deal two, quite easily. The other guy likely needed RB help, which can be a big motivator.

In the first deal, I have no idea. I think the jury is still wayyyy out on Hunter, despite much love for him here among the Sharks. Therefore the deal could be gold-for-gold or junk-for-junk. Fair, and high risk. That's the kind I like.

In the first deal, I have no idea. I think the jury is still wayyyy out on Hunter, despite much love for him here among the Sharks. Therefore the deal could be gold-for-gold or junk-for-junk. Fair, and high risk. That's the kind I like.
I agree that the deal is closer to fair than market value will suggest. But it's still a trade against market value, so I think it's fair to say the new Ingram owner could have gotten more.

ghostguy123 said:

Combo of 2 trades

I would have held the picks.2014 is a great year to re-build. 1.09 and 1.11 are the estimated equivalent of 1.04 and 1.06 in a normal year. 2015 COULD be a good year as well, but no guarantees.... Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

I think that was only part of it. Getting guaranteed higher picks in the future is probably the main reason.
nothing is ever guarantee, but the 1 team has been in bottom half for a couple of yrs. Hes getting there but might be a yr or 2 away. The 1.11 was moved to the league champion so he gave me a 1st and 2nd.

Also, the roster size is 36 and I had something like 10 picks and I would have to cut a bunch of propects that I want to give another yr if I kept all of them.

ghostguy123 said:

Combo of 2 trades

nothing is ever guarantee, but the 1 team has been in bottom half for a couple of yrs. Hes getting there but might be a yr or 2 away. The 1.11 was moved to the league champion so he gave me a 1st and 2nd.

Also, the roster size is 36 and I had something like 10 picks and I would have to cut a bunch of propects that I want to give another yr if I kept all of them.
I think it is a good move for you. In October those extra 2 2015 1sts will be nice assets if you find yourself in competition and will be nicer at next years draft

Give me Green all day. Has Ingram's value gone up that much? I would think Hunter would be first round pick in this years rookie drafts if he was in them. Just a couple months ago no one would have batted an eye if someone dropped Ingram.

Give me Green all day. Has Ingram's value gone up that much? I would think Hunter would be first round pick in this years rookie drafts if he was in them. Just a couple months ago no one would have batted an eye if someone dropped Ingram.
Right. Both of those deals are pretty bad. Ingram is pretty worthless to me.

Give me Green all day.Has Ingram's value gone up that much? I would think Hunter would be first round pick in this years rookie drafts if he was in them. Just a couple months ago no one would have batted an eye if someone dropped Ingram.
Right. Both of those deals are pretty bad. Ingram is pretty worthless to me.
did u send him a bottle of booze with those trades

Eminence said:
Tim Wright + 1.10 for Julius Thomas
Wow. I'm a Wright fan and that is an absolute steal for Thomas.
And here I thought this was a nice "sell high" for Thomas............ :nerd:

But again, I mean AGAIN, there are contract considerations for this deal that would be pretty helpful.

I guess at some point when there are major value shifts based on league type, salary, contract years, and/or roster requirements, people will include those instead of just throwing out names.

Would anyone deal Aaron Rodgers for Romo???? No................unless Rodgers is like 80% of the salary cap and Romo is like 1%. Helps to add that.

In this case, I guess I will do the work for Eminence since for some reason he doesn't like to include important info, he is the one who sold Thomas (stating he sold high of course), and Thomas had one contract year left. Even still, I take the Thomas side, but it sure does make it close when you actually include that info.

Eminence said:

But again, I mean AGAIN, there are contract considerations for this deal that would be pretty helpful.

I guess at some point when there are major value shifts based on league type, salary, contract years, and/or roster requirements, people will include those instead of just throwing out names.

Would anyone deal Aaron Rodgers for Romo???? No................unless Rodgers is like 80% of the salary cap and Romo is like 1%. Helps to add that.

In this case, I guess I will do the work for Eminence since for some reason he doesn't like to include important info, he is the one who sold Thomas (stating he sold high of course), and Thomas had one contract year left. Even still, I take the Thomas side, but it sure does make it close when you actually include that info.
Even without that info I thnk it can be argued that the deal was a "sell high" even though I think Wright quickly fades into obscurity with Schiano gone.

I paid a 4th round rookie pick for Thomas prior to the 2012 season, which meant of course I carried him for a full year before I received any benefits. Getting the 1.10 for him now is fairly good value, if one beleives that a 12 TD season was an aberration during a record breaking season. I don't think he's devoid of talent, but with Manning looking for short underneath routes and with his deadly accuracy and ball placement, Thomas did benefit greatly. I could see him hovering around the TE8-14 range once Manning is gone (or even with Manning having a "normal" season), which doesn't really make him anything special

Last year the 1.10 yielded players like Zach Stacy, Keenen Allen, Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter etc. While I'm listing players that have increased or maintained their value, sure that pick could bust as wel. But when you put names to the picks, it could turn out to be a very nice deal for the guy trading away Thomas - and if I'm wrong about Wright and he builds on a nice rookie season, even better.

If Julius Thomas finishes as TE9 in 2014, do you think you get a first round pick for him next offseason?

Eminence said:

Even without that info I thnk it can be argued that the deal was a "sell high" even though I think Wright quickly fades into obscurity with Schiano gone.

I paid a 4th round rookie pick for Thomas prior to the 2012 season, which meant of course I carried him for a full year before I received any benefits. Getting the 1.10 for him now is fairly good value, if one beleives that a 12 TD season was an aberration during a record breaking season. I don't think he's devoid of talent, but with Manning looking for short underneath routes and with his deadly accuracy and ball placement, Thomas did benefit greatly. I could see him hovering around the TE8-14 range once Manning is gone (or even with Manning having a "normal" season), which doesn't really make him anything special

Last year the 1.10 yielded players like Zach Stacy, Keenen Allen, Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter etc. While I'm listing players that have increased or maintained their value, sure that pick could bust as wel. But when you put names to the picks, it could turn out to be a very nice deal for the guy trading away Thomas - and if I'm wrong about Wright and he builds on a nice rookie season, even better.

If Julius Thomas finishes as TE9 in 2014, do you think you get a first round pick for him next offseason?
I like the deal for both sides. Especially given the new info.

I certainly agree with selling TE's (Jimmy/Gronk excluded) for 1st +. I guess for me any TE other than the 2 really elite guys are too close to the rest of the pack for me to keep if I can get a solid return on them.

So I can see both sides of the deal pretty easily but initially it looked cheap for JT as he is commanding a solid price in a straight dynasty with no contract.

Cam Newton + Cordarrelle Patterson + Christine Michael + 2.04 rookie pick

FOR

Russell Wilson + Percy Harvin + 3.10
I will take Cam side pretty easily here I think
That's the way I saw it too.
Cam Newton + Cordarrelle Patterson + Christine Michael + 2.04 rookie pick

FOR

Russell Wilson + Percy Harvin + 3.10
I will take Cam side pretty easily here I think
That's the way I saw it too.
yep, seems off.

And to respond to something earlier, "selling high" has nothing to do with what you originally paid to get a player.

12 Team PPR

Team A got: Larry Fitzgerald, Ryan Succop, 1.9 and 3.9

Team B got: Keenan Allen, Stephen Gostkowski, 2015 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread