What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Thought the trade made sense for both teams. I have to pair down total players and picks, and MJD was pretty far down my roster. Just made my third trade this morning in the same league

Gave: Ben Tate & Justin Hunter

Got: Doug Martin

Updated Roster:

Newton, Bradford
Charles, Martin, Morris, Stewart
Calvin, Garcon, AJ, Roddy White
Cameron, Reed, Quarless
Picks 1.1, 1.11, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7

This is gonna be one fun draft in this league! :pickle:

Thought the trade made sense for both teams. I have to pair down total players and picks, and MJD was pretty far down my roster. Just made my third trade this morning in the same league

It would take quite a bit more for me to move Martin. It's a good deal for you though.

Certainly willing to give pocket change for MJD. I think this draft is deep enough 2.9 is good. Possible you get Manziel, ASJ, Freeman, Montcrief there. A lot of guys this year.
I think alot of my opinion is that I am not interested in rostering a guy that will probably get 650 yfs at the end of his career.
If it means cutting Stedman Bailey or Ryan Griffin, then yeah, the spot is important. If it means cutting Austin Collie or Matt Asiata, then give me MJD and hope he gets a couple months of starting.

Certainly willing to give pocket change for MJD. I think this draft is deep enough 2.9 is good. Possible you get Manziel, ASJ, Freeman, Montcrief there. A lot of guys this year.
I think alot of my opinion is that I am not interested in rostering a guy that will probably get 650 yfs at the end of his career.
If it means cutting Stedman Bailey or Ryan Griffin, then yeah, the spot is important. If it means cutting Austin Collie or Matt Asiata, then give me MJD and hope he gets a couple months of starting.
Great point. The weakest player on my roster is Quarless, and I think he'll be the starting TE this year, so I wouldn't drop him. Here is my roster:

Newton, Bradford

Cameron, Reed, Quarless

He had almost twice that last year in the offensive wasteland that is Jacksonville. Give me the over. He's been tied to the Jets multiple times this offseason -- they are a better team with a better line and he'd still easily be the best all around RB on the roster in NY.

He had almost twice that last year in the offensive wasteland that is Jacksonville. Give me the over. He's been tied to the Jets multiple times this offseason -- they are a better team with a better line and he'd still easily be the best all around RB on the roster in NY.
Last year he was the starter. If he starts anywhere this year, he'll have to get it via injury. Why didn't you mention that? Ohh wait.

Last year he was the starter. If he starts anywhere this year, he'll have to get it via injury. Why didn't you mention that? Ohh wait.
He'd be the starting RB in NYJ, STL, OAK, MIA, DEN, IND, NE, TEN, NYG, NO, and ATL, just off the top of my head. And there are plenty of other places he could land and get the 150 touches he'd need to blow through your 650 YFS projection.

Updated Roster:

Newton, Bradford

Cameron, Reed, Quarless

This is gonna be one fun draft in this league! :pickle:
Made sense for the guy getting Martin

He'd be the starting RB in NYJ, STL, OAK, MIA, DEN, IND, NE, TEN, NYG, NO, and ATL, just off the top of my head. And there are plenty of other places he could land and get the 150 touches he'd need to blow through your 650 YFS projection.
I agree

10 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start QRRWWT + flex, max 5 year contracts per player

Traded Calvin Johnson (3 yr)

Received R.Cobb (4 yr), V.Cruz (3 yr), Christine Michael (Devy squad, can give contract up to 5 yrs next season)

Thoughts?
Still like Calvin here but that is a very good return
I agree with this. Like Calvin more, but you got a good return.
Thanks for the response, guys. It's tough trading Calvin.

You listed many teams where he might be a starter. He'd have to earn it on most of them. He'd be the auto starter on OAK and NYG for sure. That's probably it. The rest are time shares or you (hopefully) forgetting players like Stacy and Jackson.

You listed many teams where he might be a starter. He'd have to earn it on most of them. He'd be the auto starter on OAK and NYG for sure. That's probably it. The rest are time shares or you (hopefully) forgetting players like Stacy and Jackson.
Not forgetting anyone -- MJD is better than the guys currently in place on any of those teams. Zac effing Stacy? :lmao:

Not forgetting anyone -- MJD is better than the guys currently in place on any of those teams. Zac effing Stacy? :lmao:
Better than MJD at this point. :shrug: Watch football.

12t ppt. Qb rbrbwrwrwrte

Rodgers

For

Gio

hunter

Hopkins

Major overpay for Rodgers
I agree. Discount Double Check is great, but man what a premium! I'll take Gio and company all day.
Rodgers for cheap. I would pay picks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 for him, easily, and never look back as I steamroll the league for the next decade.

And in an earlier trade, Martin for Tate and hunter huh? That's a weird one cause Martin is clearly more valuable than those two guys combined, but that can easily be a homerun for the other side. Could be a homerun for either side I guess.

12t ppt. Qb rbrbwrwrwrte

Rodgers

For

Gio

hunter

Hopkins

I agree. Discount Double Check is great, but man what a premium! I'll take Gio and company all day.
Rodgers for cheap. I would pay picks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 for him, easily, and never look back as I steamroll the league for the next decade.
No Kaep in the Gio side is a deal breaker, IMO.

12t ppt. Qb rbrbwrwrwrte

Rodgers

For

Gio

hunter

Hopkins

And in an earlier trade, Martin for Tate and hunter huh? That's a weird one cause Martin is clearly more valuable than those two guys combined, but that can easily be a homerun for the other side. Could be a homerun for either side I guess.
classic from yesterday. Love it.

Not really. MJD's current situation has him scoring 0 points in any format in 2014. From there, your imaginations run off into land of rainbows and butterflies.
You are fighting a strawman. You're putting words in our mouths then bashing us for them. Yet, ironically (don't you think?), you're the only one speaking in absolutes. We don't know how many points he'll score or that he'll start. Nobody here claimed to know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. MJD's current situation has him scoring 0 points in any format in 2014. From there, your imaginations run off into land of rainbows and butterflies.
You are fighting a strawman. You're putting words in our mouths then bashing us for them. Yet, ironically (don't you think?), you're the only one speaking in absolutes. We don't know how many points he'll score or he'll start. Nobody here claimed to tknow that.
I think you have it wrong. You think I have it wrong. That's OK. Let's move on.

PPR, 12 team

Floyd

for

1.07, 2.10, Riley Cooper

-------------------

Fleener, 3.11

for

--------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread