What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Team A traded the #6 rookie pick, Ray Rice, Vereen and Ridley

Team B traded Arian Foster, the #22 and #26 rookie picks.
HAHA, maybe team A read this thread....

Traded back for Vereen and Ridley, giving away the #9 and #11 picks. Ridley and Vereen had since been traded to team C (lots of movement in this league this week).

So, combining the deals:

A traded away the 6, 9, 11 and Ray Rice

Received back Foster, the 22 and 26.
From bad to worse

One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
bengalbuck said:
One More Rep said:
matttyl said:
Team A trades away Julio Jones (already has Calvin, Andre, J Vax and Maclin)

Team B trades away the #2, #5 and #6 rookie picks
Julio
Close, but I'd probably take the picks. Figure the #2 is Evans. There is a big gap between Julio and Evans, but not 2 top 6 picks worth of a gap.

The top 6 last year was Gio, Lacy, Austin, Hopkins, Patterson and Ball. I'd take 3 of those guys over Julio.
I would take Julio over any combination of 3
Any combo? Wow. So if you were offered Bernard, Lacy and Patterson for Julio, you would decline?

I like Julio and have traded for him twice in the past month, but that isn't even all that close to me.

In a recent startup auction ($500 budget), Julio went for $115. Bernard, Lacy and Patterson went for a combined $255.
Yes I would decline
I'd have to disagree with that statement. I think the trade was pretty even though, especially with the one team already having all that WR strength.
I'd be happy to deal Julio away for those picks. I think most would.
Its not bad, but not quite enough for Julio imo.

Traded back for Vereen and Ridley, giving away the #9 and #11 picks. Ridley and Vereen had since been traded to team C (lots of movement in this league this week).

So, combining the deals:

From bad to worse
So you'd rather have the 9 and 11 than Ridley and Vereen?

So, combining the deals:

From bad to worse
Yes

I'd never give up two 1st's to get the Patriots running game prior to the draft. Both of them are in the last year of their contract and the Patriots don't have to spend a high pick to get a good RB.

1.03 can define itself all it wants, I still think that is good value for 1.03 this year. It terms of physical gifts, what RB in this class compares to Michael?Green in a TE premium isn't too shabby himself.

If Michael and Green were in the rookie pool this year, given their current situations, I think Michael is a top 3 (if not the top) RB and Green is a top 2 TE. Plus you get the lottery ticket at 3.02 (could have been Jordan Reed last year, low probability but a chance).

Given needs at RB/TE, I think this was a really good deal IMHO.
Would you trade LeVeon Bell for that haul? Or Patterson? Or Gio? Or Lacy? Or eve Ball?

Hyde, Hill, Sankey, and company might not be sexy now. But slap a 2nd round NFL draft tag on them and things change--just like it did for Ball and Bell, who never in the top 5 mix prior to draft night.

Michael is a 3rd string NFL RB. He couldn't beat out Robert Turbin for playing time. I know that his potential is appealing--but he's not a top 2 RB in this class. Not even close. His ADP will fall after the new rookies come into play--many with much better situations. You can think Michael is the talent that Bell is, and many would agree. But look at the ADP gap, which is justified. Talent doesn't score points while it's not on the field. Michael has a fight for RB2 duties, and we're comparing him to young, starting RBs. I don't think that's wise.
Last year was a banner year for 2nd round RBs, However, the slightly longer track record is not nearly as good.

Isaiah Pead

LaMichael James

Ryan Williams

Shane Vereen

Mikel Leshoure

Daniel Thomas

We also saw Mark Ingram and David Wilson in the late 1st in those 2 drafts (and Doug Martin if I am not cherry picking).

And while the big 4 RBs are going for nice price tags right now, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume 1 or 2 are going to have their ADP plummet by this time next year.

So if my choice is Hyde/Carey/top drafted RB vs. Michael and Green in a TE premium, I'm taking the latter.

I also think that on physical ability Michael is indeed not close to the top 2, he is far and away the best. Not that there is any guarantee that he ultimately becomes relevant, but there is a chance a young "starter" doesn't either. He is worth less than 1.03 in my mind at the moment, but adding Green in a TE premium tips the scales for me.

@MoveToSkypager - I can understand that take.

ETA: Where Bell and Ball were ranked pre-draft is probably not relevant to the larger discussion. But I am looking at one individual's pre-draft rankings where he had them 3 and 4. So I don't think those were as far off as you state.

TLDR 2nd round RBs = big hits last year, not necessarily true on a go forward basis though given historical track record.
Good post, but I don't think that a 2nd round RB in 2011 is the same thing as a 2nd round RB in 2013 or 2014 (and going forward). NFL teams have really devalued the position both in FA and the draft. Gio was only a #2 last year, but he was still the first RB off the board. The 5 2nd rounders last year were still the first 5 RBs off the board. And if the first RB this year is a 2nd rounder, I still think he's more comparable to the first RB off the board in any given year than simply to compare him to past 2nd rounders.

Further, if in a couple years, no RBs are even considered in the first 2 rounds anymore, then the first RB off the board (even if it is in round 3) is still most closely analogous to the first RB from past years.

Just my take on it. I'd argue 2nd round RBs are similar to 1st round RBs of the past. I think the days where 3 to 5 RBs went in the 1st every year are in the past. But that doesn't really change the value of the RB in fantasy any.

I'd never give up two 1st's to get the Patriots running game prior to the draft. Both of them are in the last year of their contract and the Patriots don't have to spend a high pick to get a good RB.
As much as I like Vereen(in PPR), I'd have to agree. It's definitely a risk. If Vereen is there for a a few more years then It's a solid trade. I don't see Ridley lasting much longer in NE.

1.03 can define itself all it wants, I still think that is good value for 1.03 this year. It terms of physical gifts, what RB in this class compares to Michael?Green in a TE premium isn't too shabby himself.

If Michael and Green were in the rookie pool this year, given their current situations, I think Michael is a top 3 (if not the top) RB and Green is a top 2 TE. Plus you get the lottery ticket at 3.02 (could have been Jordan Reed last year, low probability but a chance).

Would you trade LeVeon Bell for that haul? Or Patterson? Or Gio? Or Lacy? Or eve Ball?

Hyde, Hill, Sankey, and company might not be sexy now. But slap a 2nd round NFL draft tag on them and things change--just like it did for Ball and Bell, who never in the top 5 mix prior to draft night.

Michael is a 3rd string NFL RB. He couldn't beat out Robert Turbin for playing time. I know that his potential is appealing--but he's not a top 2 RB in this class. Not even close. His ADP will fall after the new rookies come into play--many with much better situations. You can think Michael is the talent that Bell is, and many would agree. But look at the ADP gap, which is justified. Talent doesn't score points while it's not on the field. Michael has a fight for RB2 duties, and we're comparing him to young, starting RBs. I don't think that's wise.
glad I spurred this much discussion....

No doubt that Michael and Green are polarizing prospects, I like their talent and think their situation will improve in the next 15 months.

I am not enamored with the RBs in this year's class and not sure where would be a great landing spot for any of them (TEN, NYG, CLE).

The league I made the trade in is not a very active league. Had some turnover so there has been a handful of trades after the dispersion draft. I could have held the 1.03 longer and maybe got a better deal when on the clock, but I also could have been "stuck" with the pick and taken Ebron/Lee/Beckman/RB1. Trading it now, I got good young talent at positions with the greatest value in this league: RB/TE, so I'm happy.

That and the DLF April ADP says I killed the trade ;-)

Good post, but I don't think that a 2nd round RB in 2011 is the same thing as a 2nd round RB in 2013 or 2014 (and going forward). NFL teams have really devalued the position both in FA and the draft. Gio was only a #2 last year, but he was still the first RB off the board. The 5 2nd rounders last year were still the first 5 RBs off the board. And if the first RB this year is a 2nd rounder, I still think he's more comparable to the first RB off the board in any given year than simply to compare him to past 2nd rounders.

Further, if in a couple years, no RBs are even considered in the first 2 rounds anymore, then the first RB off the board (even if it is in round 3) is still most closely analogous to the first RB from past years.

Just my take on it. I'd argue 2nd round RBs are similar to 1st round RBs of the past. I think the days where 3 to 5 RBs went in the 1st every year are in the past. But that doesn't really change the value of the RB in fantasy any.
I disagree with this.

It does change the value because the NFL is viewing RB as a turnover position meaning you are not going to have the number of consistent reliable starters for years.

It will shorten the fantasy life of almost every RB going forward and they are already pretty short.

I think this will translate to fantasy in that owners will take a few extra chances drafting WR before the "safe" RB's are taken meaning RB will eventually slip positions in the drafts if the trend of RB being selected late continues

glad I spurred this much discussion....

No doubt that Michael and Green are polarizing prospects, I like their talent and think their situation will improve in the next 15 months.

I am not enamored with the RBs in this year's class and not sure where would be a great landing spot for any of them (TEN, NYG, CLE).

The league I made the trade in is not a very active league. Had some turnover so there has been a handful of trades after the dispersion draft. I could have held the 1.03 longer and maybe got a better deal when on the clock, but I also could have been "stuck" with the pick and taken Ebron/Lee/Beckman/RB1. Trading it now, I got good young talent at positions with the greatest value in this league: RB/TE, so I'm happy.

That and the DLF April ADP says I killed the trade ;-)
DLF is the worse echo chamber in FF.

12 Team PPR, 1/2/3/1 1 Flex

Gave:

Shorts, Cecil JAC WR
Streater, Rod OAK WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.05
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.09
Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.06

Got:
Randle, Rueben NYG WR
Robinson, Adrien NYG TE

I had 8 picks and I couldn't keep them all. I'm not sure Randle is better than Shorts but he has a higher ceiling so I took a shot.

Plus I already have Allen, Blackmon, Crabtree, Wright at WR.

Last year was a banner year for 2nd round RBs, However, the slightly longer track record is not nearly as good.

Isaiah Pead

LaMichael James

Ryan Williams

Shane Vereen

Mikel Leshoure

Daniel Thomas

We also saw Mark Ingram and David Wilson in the late 1st in those 2 drafts (and Doug Martin if I am not cherry picking).

And while the big 4 RBs are going for nice price tags right now, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume 1 or 2 are going to have their ADP plummet by this time next year.

So if my choice is Hyde/Carey/top drafted RB vs. Michael and Green in a TE premium, I'm taking the latter.

I also think that on physical ability Michael is indeed not close to the top 2, he is far and away the best. Not that there is any guarantee that he ultimately becomes relevant, but there is a chance a young "starter" doesn't either. He is worth less than 1.03 in my mind at the moment, but adding Green in a TE premium tips the scales for me.

ETA: Where Bell and Ball were ranked pre-draft is probably not relevant to the larger discussion. But I am looking at one individual's pre-draft rankings where he had them 3 and 4. So I don't think those were as far off as you state.

TLDR 2nd round RBs = big hits last year, not necessarily true on a go forward basis though given historical track record.
You realize Michael is a 2nd round draft pick, right? Late 2nd, at that. As for Ball and Bell--pull up the forum polls. They support my statement. Their ADP shot up big time.

I think Michael is overvalued by the hobby, based on combine numbers and preseason games. But if you think he is head and shoulders above anyone in this class--your stance is logical. I just strongly disagree.

To answer your question, I have to know what you mean by physical skills. If you mean talent for playing football--give me Hill and Hyde without much thought. I'd put Michael on the Seastrunk tier. If you mean paper numbers--I don't know and don't care to do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaiah Pead

LaMichael James

Ryan Williams

Shane Vereen

Mikel Leshoure

Daniel Thomas

You realize Michael is a 2nd round draft pick, right? Late 2nd, at that.

As for Ball and Bell--pull up the forum polls. That supports my statement. Their ADP shot up big time.

I think Michael is overvalued by the hobby, based on combine numbers and preseason games. But if you think he head and shoulders above anyone in this class--your stance is logical. I just strongly disagree.

To answer your question--I have to know what you mean by physical skills. If you mean talent for playing football--give me Hill and Hyde without much thought. I'd put Michael on the Seastrunk tier. If you mean paper numbers--I don't know and don't care to do the match.
I understand Michael is a 2nd rounder, in the trade Michael also comes with Green and a 3rd round rookie pick. I already stated I think the 1.03 has more value than Michael straight up.

As an aside, because I don't think it is particularly relevant to our larger conversation - as far as the forum polls go, while interesting I think those are quite possibly one of the worst sources for pre-draft expectations. The 1.3 and 1.4 in the PPR version this year are Marqise Lee and Bishop Sankey. Sankey flashed at the combine and everyone has heard of Lee based on 2012 stats, but I don't think I have seen anyone whose opinion I trust rank those 2 anywhere near that level.

If you think Michael is a combine all-star that is never going to start, I understand your position of 1.03 > Michael + Green + 3.02. I don't share that opinion, so it changes my evaluation of the trade.

Disagreement can be a good thing as it helps make trades happen.

In a mandatory start 2 RB league, I think Michael for 1.03 is pretty reasonable value if you need a RB. This is a pretty weak RB class and, unlike last year, there aren't a lot of starting jobs available. Part of what made Bell and Lacy so valuable in FF is the ability to walk in and start from day one due to limited competition. Looking around the league, I don't see too many spots like that for next season. Most of the teams with obvious RB needs (CLE, JAX, MIA, NYG, NYJ, OAK) have made significant moves in FA. Maybe someone can go into Arizona and turn Ellington into Daryl Richardson and maybe there is still a chance to win the job in a place like Cleveland, NYG, or Miami. For the most part though, the landing spots are far from ideal. Combine that with the lack of transcendent talents in this RB pool and it's going to be difficult to get really excited about burning a top 3-4 rookie pick on a RB this year. I think a lot of these guys are going to wind up in places like Atlanta, Baltimore, Minnesota, New England, and San Francisco where their situation isn't any better than Michael's.

Maybe when the dust settles I would rather have someone like Tre Mason on the Patriots or Falcons than Christine Michael. Maybe. But when you add in Green in a 1.5 PPR for TE league and the 3.02 rookie pick, I think it's a reasonable deal. This is not a good year to need a RB out of the rookie draft.

In a 1.5 TE PPR league, I wouldn't blink an eye if 1.03 traded the pick straight up for Ladarius.
He's the type of player who's stock is going to steadily increase during the off-season and into pre-season IMO.
I really understand why the 1.3 is being valued so high over Michael/Green. To me it's not close and the Michael/Green side is the winner, simply because I don't think there will be a player at 1.3 who will be that much better than either one.

Ebron/Green is a toss up IMO and barring a great situation for Ebron I like Green better due to his experience.

Devy league, so first round picks slightly depressed (4 or 5 normal first rounders already owned)

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Brown, Donald SDC RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12

for

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

Tate, Ben CLE RB

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Devy league, so first round picks slightly depressed (4 or 5 normal first rounders already owned)

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Brown, Donald SDC RB

for

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

Tate, Ben CLE RB

Austin, Tavon STL WR
If I need a qb for the future, I'd pay that for Wilson.

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Brown, Donald SDC RB

for

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

Tate, Ben CLE RB

Austin, Tavon STL WR
Austin side

devy league

Trent

Boyce

for

Vereen

Watkins, Evans and Lee already rostered. Beckham, Cooks and Hyde are the top players still available from my rookie rankings.

I guess it depends on how you value Trent and Vereen, I have them ranked very closely, and because of the shallow rosters Boyce was going to be cut. I also own the 1.01 so it gives me the top two choices.

devy league

Trent

Boyce

for

Vereen

Watkins, Evans and Lee already rostered. Beckham, Cooks and Hyde are the top players still available from my rookie rankings.

I guess it depends on how you value Trent and Vereen, I have them ranked very closely, and because of the shallow rosters Boyce was going to be cut. I also own the 1.01 so it gives me the top two choices.
I like it for you.

devy league

Trent

Boyce

for

Vereen

masterwork convincing the Vereen owner TRich is worth more

devy league

Trent

Boyce

for

Vereen

masterwork convincing the Vereen owner TRich is worth more
I can't take any credit, this was actually his original offer, so a straight accept.

I think there are as many people who prefer Trent as those who prefer Vereen though. 1 PPR just about swings it for Vereen imo, but he comes with plenty of question marks himself entering the final year of his contract.

12 team PPR dynasty (1.25 PPR for TE).........large rosters (with some IDP but much lower scoring). Up to 35 man rosters, upt 30 man taxi where all 2nd-7th round picks can be kept for up to 3 full years. Salary cap of 500

In the midst of a bigtime rebuild. I have ZILCH of a chance this year. But should be able to compete in 2015 with several 1sts plus bringing guys up off taxi. Did a few deals, all with the intent to suck now and draft some guys and make a couple deals next year to be good:

Give: Andre Johnson (salary was high, like 55)

Got: 2016 1st from a middle of the road team, good chance at playoffs this year and next

Give: Pick 4

Get: pick 13, pick 15, a 2016 1st

Give: pick 3

Get: pick 11, 3rd rounder this year, 2015 1st (should be top 5), 2015 3rd

12 team PPR dynasty (1.25 PPR for TE).........large rosters (with some IDP but much lower scoring). Up to 35 man rosters, upt 30 man taxi where all 2nd-7th round picks can be kept for up to 3 full years. Salary cap of 500

In the midst of a bigtime rebuild. I have ZILCH of a chance this year. But should be able to compete in 2015 with several 1sts plus bringing guys up off taxi. Did a few deals, all with the intent to suck now and draft some guys and make a couple deals next year to be good:

Give: Andre Johnson (salary was high, like 55)

Got: 2016 1st from a middle of the road team, good chance at playoffs this year and next

Give: Pick 4

Get: pick 13, pick 15, a 2016 1st

Give: pick 3

Get: pick 11, 3rd rounder this year, 2015 1st (should be top 5), 2015 3rd
good moves for a rebuild

12 team PPR Dynasty

I give:

Dez Bryant

I get:

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Terrance Williams

Jordan Todman (I have Gerhart)

I am weak at WR with Wallace currently my WR2 and horrible WR3s (D.Moore, Britt, ect).

Am I crazy to think the Hopkins or Hunter may be at Dez's level some day? Plus, I get much needed depth.

Thoughts please?

12 team PPR Dynasty

I give:

Dez Bryant

I get:

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Terrance Williams

I am weak at WR with Wallace currently my WR2 and horrible WR3s (D.Moore, Britt, ect).

Am I crazy to think the Hopkins or Hunter may be at Dez's level some day? Plus, I get much needed depth.

Thoughts please?
what does the rest of your squad look like??

12 team PPR Dynasty

I give:

Dez Bryant

I get:

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Terrance Williams

Thoughts please?
You gave up a dollar for three quarters.

12 team PPR Dynasty

I give:

Dez Bryant

I get:

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Terrance Williams

Thoughts please?
Good FFers get depth from the wire, or at least rookie draft late rounds. You gave up a huge piece of your team here.

12 team PPR Dynasty

I give:

Dez Bryant

I get:

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Terrance Williams

Thoughts please?
Use the Assistant coach forum and keep Dez

MoveToSkypager said:
DexterDew said:
12 team graded PPR (.5/1/1.5). Start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex RWT

Traded

Received

L Green

C Michael

Still have the 1.02, 2.03 and 3.03. Not sure I love anybody at 1.03 prior to draft, but with my roster would have likely considered a RB or TE.
You should have waited until after the draft. 1.03 will define itself more then than it does now.
this

Team A gave: Ladarius Green

Team B gave: Jeremy Maclin
i like Maclin here by a good margin.
I'd prefer the chance Green becomes elite vs the WR3 Maclin.
good call. And you don't know if Maclin is back to 100%
you also don't know if Maclin can be a number 1. I think he can. He's always been a good player.he could be a better ff weapon than desean in that offense with Foles. People act like he's some washed up vet. He's coming off an injury but before that he scored 10 touchdowns.

maxhyde said:
MoveToSkypager said:
Sabertooth said:
Team a gets:

Adrian Peterson

Patterson

Team b gets

Michael Floyd

1.05, 2015 1st, 2016 1st
Peterson has been done for years.
Years meaning last year? Seems to me he was the top scoring player in most leagues in 2012.

Still quite a haul Floyd and 3 firsts.

Must be a Vikings fan
I'd break it down as:

- AP for 1.05 and 2015 1st

- Patterson for Floyd and 2016 1st

Pretty even IMO.

Coeur de Lion said:
ajarofpennies said:
16 team standard league

Team A receives: LeSean McCoy, and Dwayne Bowe

Team B receives: 1.3, Christine Michael, Emmanuel Sanders
Team getting McCoy KILLED it.
It's risky, but if Team B isn't a contender it could be a very good trade for them come 2015.

maxhyde said:
MoveToSkypager said:
Sabertooth said:
Team a gets:

Adrian Peterson

Patterson

Team b gets

Michael Floyd

1.05, 2015 1st, 2016 1st
Peterson has been done for years.
Years meaning last year? Seems to me he was the top scoring player in most leagues in 2012.

Still quite a haul Floyd and 3 firsts.

Must be a Vikings fan
I'd break it down as:

- AP for 1.05 and 2015 1st

- Patterson for Floyd and 2016 1st

Pretty even IMO.
I guess. I thought I was a big Patterson fan but I still think Floyd > Patterson

Probably closer if Patterson = Floyd+1st

Billy Ball Thorton said:
Sabertooth said:
jonboltz said:
Sabertooth said:

to each his own I guess.
I'm with saber. Maclin over Green by a huge margin. I don't get the green love
I was the side getting maclin. I still have ertz and Rudolph at te. I did struggle with this one for a bit but just thought that maclin had some real potential in that offense so it was worth taking the risk.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
Sabertooth said:
jonboltz said:
Sabertooth said:

to each his own I guess.
I'm with saber. Maclin over Green by a huge margin. I don't get the green love
I was the side getting maclin. I still have ertz and Rudolph at te. I did struggle with this one for a bit but just thought that maclin had some real potential in that offense so it was worth taking the risk.
It's about as close as you can get and it comes down to the needs of both teams. Maclin is as cheap as he's going to get right now, but the same could be said of Green as well.

Users who are viewing this thread