What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (3 Viewers)

Made a couple deals with the same owner in the past week. 14 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF. 1/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE.

1.5 PPR makes a big difference.

Also, this is a dev league. Prominent rookies already rostered: Watkins, Lee, ASJ, Adams, Seastrunk, Bridgewater.

Deal #1:

Gave: 3.03 rookie pick

Got: WR Quinton Patton

Deal #2:

Gave: 1.03 rookie pick

Got: WR Michael Crabtree, 3.03 rookie pick
So basically 1.04 in a non-devy league (or 1.05 if you think Lee is top 4) for Crabtree and Patton. That seems to be roughly fair market value, though slight nod to Crabtree at the moment I would imagine.

I am used to 12 team leagues, but 14 would put more value on the bird in the hand as well I suppose.

Made a couple deals with the same owner in the past week. 14 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF. 1/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE.

Also, this is a dev league. Prominent rookies already rostered: Watkins, Lee, ASJ, Adams, Seastrunk, Bridgewater.

Deal #1:

Deal #2:

So basically 1.04 in a non-devy league (or 1.05 if you think Lee is top 4) for Crabtree and Patton. That seems to be roughly fair market value, though slight nod to Crabtree at the moment I would imagine.

I am used to 12 team leagues, but 14 would put more value on the bird in the hand as well I suppose.
Yea, it's a no-brainer trade based on ADP/market value, but I don't think it was an automatic accept. I like this rookie class and I think that pick will be worth more in two weeks than it is today. Also, there are some durability/production issues with Crabtree given that he's really only put together one great season.

I had a pretty strong need for an immediate producer at WR/TE though since my only other notable players there to fill 4 spots were Demaryius, Hunter, Blackmon, Eifert, M Williams, and Holmes. Top two RBs are Mathews and Gerhart. The clock is ticking on those guys, so didn't necessarily want to wait for a rookie to develop.

Still have lots of young pieces and the 1.04 rookie pick, so I didn't mind sacrificing some youth with one of the picks for immediate help.

Deal #1:

Deal #2:

I like the Crabtree deal if you need a solid WR. He has questions but Kaep loves him so that should be good if he is recovered and can stay healthy.

Not sure I love the Patton deal but I hope it works out. I like him as a WR just slightly disconcerting how the 9ers kicked tires on every FA WR this offseason

What rookie RB goes to that team and is the starter? I don't think anyone from last years class.
Moreno was a last resort. They gave both Ball and Hillman a chance to take the job.
Um, so what does that say about Ball/Hillman then? They didn't secure the ball, then had a rough time challenging Moreno who still got a good majority of the reps in the long run.
John Fox ALWAYS favors veterans and never starts a rookie at RB over a veteran, at least none that I'm aware of. So, in my mind that gave Moreno the advantage from the get go. Now Ball is the 2nd year player, Moreno is gone, and the sky is the limit for Ball as far as I'm concerned. He's a 23 year old RB that is just as good for dynasty as he is redraft. Those that think differently I can respect, but also disagree with.

Deal #1:

Deal #2:

I like the Crabtree deal if you need a solid WR. He has questions but Kaep loves him so that should be good if he is recovered and can stay healthy.

Not sure I love the Patton deal but I hope it works out. I like him as a WR just slightly disconcerting how the 9ers kicked tires on every FA WR this offseason
Don't love Patton, but the 3.03 rookie pick in that format isn't going to net you a better prospect IMO. And since I would've done the Crab deal without the 3.03 thrown in, I feel like I basically got him for free. Thought he showed decent flashes of athleticism as a rookie.

Fair deal for Crabtree, but I'd keep the pick personally. At least until I saw how the draft shaked out. There are going to be a couple RBs, WRs and maybe a TE who look a whole lot better after we see their landing spots.

Team A trades away - Foles and Eifert

Team B trades away - Dalton, Lattimore, K Wright, and TE Cook

Non PPR, Team A now had Gore and Lattimore.

I think it is fair for both. I think most would like the Foles side, but getting the Gore cuff (hope he also has Hunter) make sense. And I like Dalton (if he signs an extension) and Wright.

Non-PPR really hurts Wright's value. Foles and Eifert for me, please.
Crazy thing about this trade, not a single player involved would be a starter - on either the team they came from or the team they ended up on. These two owners already have Rodgers and Brees, as well as Gronk/V Davis and Graham.

What rookie RB goes to that team and is the starter? I don't think anyone from last years class.
Moreno was a last resort. They gave both Ball and Hillman a chance to take the job.
Um, so what does that say about Ball/Hillman then? They didn't secure the ball, then had a rough time challenging Moreno who still got a good majority of the reps in the long run.
John Fox ALWAYS favors veterans and never starts a rookie at RB over a veteran, at least none that I'm aware of. So, in my mind that gave Moreno the advantage from the get go. Now Ball is the 2nd year player, Moreno is gone, and the sky is the limit for Ball as far as I'm concerned. He's a 23 year old RB that is just as good for dynasty as he is redraft. Those that think differently I can respect, but also disagree with.
While I agree that Ball should out produce Gio this year with having Peyton, I'm sold on Gio being the more talented player. I would also agree with John Fox leaning towards the vet at RB, but, I'm sure Peyton has a huge say in who he wants in that backfield. If Ball misses a blitz pickup or two, and Peyton takes a couple shots, could definitely see more of a committee then.

12 team ppr, QRRWWWTF

1.04 + 2015 1st (playoff contender)

for

1.02 + 2.08 (pick 21 overall)
Not sure I like Evans that much more. I will take 2 1sts even though I think the 2.08 is a little higher than I would like to give up to drop 2 spots

Last edited by a moderator:
maxhyde said:
Matty2D said:
14 Team PPR

Team A Gave: Jordy Nelson

Team B Gave: Kenny Stills, 2.04, (2) 2015 2nd
Nelson for 3 2nds and Stills?

Nelson pretty easily for me
I like Stills, but the only way I'd take him and the picks are if

(1) team is in total rebuild

(2) IDP league which increases the value of the 2nds.

(3) deep rosters with little loss of other players to make room for the picks.

Matty2D said:
14 Team PPR

Team A Gave: Jordy Nelson

Team B Gave: Kenny Stills, 2.04, (2) 2015 2nd
Ugh! I like Stills, but that is giving Nelson away.

10 team 1ppr. Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1super flex, IDP

I traded:

~40% of FAABB

I received:

Matt Forte

Feel like I have a great shot at winning this year, but was not happy with my rb depth behind Charles / Gio. Might be a bit overpay, but felt like it was worth it. Still have 1.1 so will have Watkins as well.

Current roster:

QB: Rodgers, RG3

RB: Charles, Gio, Forte, Jstew, Pierce

WR: Calvin, AJ Green, Crabtree, Nelson, Nicks

TE: Vernon, Julius Thomas, Reed

I traded:

~40% of FAABB

I received:

Matt Forte

Feel like I have a great shot at winning this year, but was not happy with my rb depth behind Charles / Gio. Might be a bit overpay, but felt like it was worth it. Still have 1.1 so will have Watkins as well.

Current roster:

I think Forte is worth for your team and this format.

Especially as you must be one of the top teams. Nice move

took over a tear down who could have sneaked into the playoffs this year with some luck, but I hate purgatory.

My earlier trade of JC for 1.03/1.06/2015 1st (late) was discussed earlier

Since RBs are valuable in this format, start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex RWT, 12 team graded PPR (0 for RB and 0.5 for WR and TE), sold off another one:

Ellington

for

1.08/2.08/D Johnson RB HOU

Not sold on Ellington to ever be a 250+ touch back and no PPR for RBs was a factor.

I traded:

~40% of FAABB

I received:

Matt Forte

Current roster:

I wouldn't pay that for Forte in a superflex league. As you stood, you were guarenteed some combination of Watkins and one of the top 3 QBs. I wouldn't have broken that up for Forte, with two stud RBs already on your roster. I'd have opted for a cheaper RB3, in addition to adding Sammy and a young QB. The 2.05 should also be very valuable this year, especially in IDP formats.

Just another philosophy, but you obviously know what you're doing with that roster.

I traded:

~40% of FAABB

I received:

Matt Forte

Current roster:

I wouldn't pay that for Forte in a superflex league. As you stood, you were guarenteed some combination of Watkins and one of the top 3 QBs. I wouldn't have broken that up for Forte, with two stud RBs already on your roster. I'd have opted for a cheaper RB3, in addition to adding Sammy and a young QB. The 2.05 should also be very valuable this year, especially in IDP formats.

Just another philosophy, but you obviously know what you're doing with that roster.
It's 10 teams so that decreased the value of QB in Superflex. Watkins and Evans should still go in the top 3 and he didn't need a QB.

I do think the 1.4 should have been enough to get it done though.

It's 10 teams so that decreased the value of QB in Superflex. Watkins and Evans should still go in the top 3 and he didn't need a QB.

Zero chance any league I am in, with any scoring system, would pick 4 be enough straight up to get Forte.

I've not played in a 10 team superflex, but, simply based on my quick/dirty math, QBs still dominate this format. The number of teams affects the value of all positions (moving baselines).

Forte turns 29 next season and he has a lot of mileage. Definite candidate to go from 20-25 ADP to 70+ in a single season if he slips at all.

There's no such thing as not needing a QB in a Superflex. You're much better off keeping them away from your competition of using them as trade bait even in a 10-teamer.

I play in a 10-team Superflex league. This offseason Martin was traded pretty much straight up for Cutler. It was considered a pretty good trade.

You can never have enough QB's if they're worthy of being drafted that high.

I've not played in a 10 team superflex, but, simply based on my quick/dirty math, QBs still dominate this format. The number of teams affects the value of all positions (moving baselines).
I guess I'm not sold on the fantasy impact of this class. Manziel has the highest ceiling but highest risk as well. I like Bridgewater the best in this class but I expect him to be a better NFL QB than fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread