What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Monfrief went at what would be 2.03 this year. Some owners just have no logic it seems. An owner gave up a 1st and a top D for a guy who went in the 2nd (drafted too high according to ADP) this year.
I don't hate it especially if the pick is from a playoff team.Moncrief has some serious upside and he won't have to show people much and he will be worth 2X that next year.
I remember last year Johnny U posted that he gave a future first for the 2.06 and everyone told him it was a foolish deal. He explained that he needed the pick to get a guy who was being undervalued: Keenan Allen.
Moving a future pick for the right guy that falls too far is usually a good move

Hard to ignore the fact Keenan Allen slipped to 2.06...he never made it past 1.10 in any of my leagues.

Monfrief went at what would be 2.03 this year. Some owners just have no logic it seems. An owner gave up a 1st and a top D for a guy who went in the 2nd (drafted too high according to ADP) this year.
I don't hate it especially if the pick is from a playoff team.Moncrief has some serious upside and he won't have to show people much and he will be worth 2X that next year.
I remember last year Johnny U posted that he gave a future first for the 2.06 and everyone told him it was a foolish deal. He explained that he needed the pick to get a guy who was being undervalued: Keenan Allen.
Moving a future pick for the right guy that falls too far is usually a good move

Hard to ignore the fact Keenan Allen slipped to 2.06...he never made it past 1.10 in any of my leagues.
For every Keenan Allen story there is the story where a guy once traded 2 future 1st for a guy who fell too far his name was Kenny Britt.

For every Keenan Allen story there is the story where a guy once traded 2 future 1st for a guy who fell too far his name was Kenny Britt.
Buyer beware on off field issue guys. Britt had a day where he could have been sold for a massive profit on a single 1st too.

Allen was pretty clean so that comparison doesn't apply for me but you are right you can buy fools gold just as easily

I agree with this, he got the right results which is great but I would bet 9 times out of 10 that trade doesn't work

McCoy

Eli

For

Foles

Colston
I think this one works out for both teams if one is rebuilding and the team that has McCoy has another quarterback other than Foles
He has RG3, so now he has Eli and RG3. He's going to be hard to beat with Charles, Graham, Cameron, Cobb, Patterson, and Keenan Allen to go with McCoy. QB could still be his albatross.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this, he got the right results which is great but I would bet 9 times out of 10 that trade doesn't work
Trading one future 1st for a mid 2nd is fine if that guy is someone you woulda taken at like pick 9 if you had a pick there. He slipped, he traded for him.

It's not like he traded for pick 18 before the draft started like some idiots I see doing. Now THAT doesnt work 9 out of 10 times.

Trading one future 1st for a mid 2nd is fine if that guy is someone you woulda taken at like pick 9 if you had a pick there. He slipped, he traded for him.

It's not like he traded for pick 18 before the draft started like some idiots I see doing. Now THAT doesnt work 9 out of 10 times.
:hifive:

Someone in 1 of my leagues dealt their future 1st for a guy who fell to far last year in Franklin then he missed the playoffs and cut Franklin in the offseason cut down to 16 players. Works both ways.

12 team dynasty PPR (not involved in trade)

Team A gets

Pick 1.2 and Chris Ivory

Team B gets

Pick 1.7, a 2015 pick (prob 9-12 range) and Alfred Morris

Team 1 gave up (#8 of 12: 2013):

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.12

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from team 1

Team 2 gave up (2013 champion):

Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.12

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick team 2

Kinda disappointed that I didn't get the same offer from team 2. I had a better 2014 2nd.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Quarrel | Brentastic gave up:

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.02

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.15

Rolls-Royce Phantom | Phantom Menace gave up:

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.06

Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.14
2.6 to 1.2 is a much bigger move up than 1.15 to 1.12. The guy you want at 1.12 might still being there at 1.15. The guy you like at 1.2 won't. 2.14 seems like a very cheap price to pay to move up like that, but if you're not sold on the talent at 1.2, then this might be one of the few trades you could find in a 16 teamer that let you accomplish what you want in getting value for the 1.2 pick without taking one of the consensus 1.2 guys. I'll take the 1.2 side by a lot, but that doesn't mean the other side got a bad deal.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't get the same offer from team 2. I had a better 2014 2nd.
The same thing happened in a draft I'm doing right now, where I had a specific guy targeted for the late second/early third. In my case, it was Ka'Deem Carey. I don't want to turn this into a Ka'Deem Carey discussion; I happen to be high on his long term prospects, and I needed a developmental RB, so I wanted to make sure I got him. I can totally understand people being underwhelmed with Carey's speed, but I'm a big believer in Trestman, and I like absolutely everything about that kid except his 40 yard dash time and some hopefully minor character issues. So for the sake of this discussion, imagine that you like Carey and don't want to miss out on him.I had two 2015 second rounders, both projected to be fairly late, and a 2015 fourth. As we approached the talent dropoff in the mid second, I was offering both 2015 seconds for the current pick. Once the last guy I liked was gone, I offered each team their choice of my second round picks and also a future fourth. Nobody bit.

But towards the very end of the second round, when we were two picks away from the Forte owner, I noticed that the guy before him had autodrafted, which meant that if I didn't get Carey now, the draft would jump right to the Forte owner, who might pounce on him as their backup, and I'd lose my chance. So I offered two future seconds for the current pick and a future third, and ended up accepting two future seconds for the current pick and a 2014 4th rounder, even though that was by far the highest offer I'd given any team up to that point.

To me, that made logical sense. Up until that point, there was no reason to overpay for a pick. If this guy didn't want to take a future second and fourth, I'd just ask the next guy and the next guy until it was too late. Even if someone took Carey, I could offer them two future seconds for him and have a decent chance of having the offer accepted. But when it got down to the last guy before an autodrafter and the Forte owner, I had to overpay or risk losing a guy I thought was worth more than two late future seconds. So the guy with the best position got the best offer. But to the guy who picked right before him, it must have seemed like I had been lowballing him.

To use an NFL analogy, the team with 1.32 this year got paid handsomely for the right to pick Bridgewater before Houston, and to control a player for 5 years instead of 4. To use a fantasy football analogy, if you see a dropoff around pick 17 this year (which is roughly the consensus), then you might get more desperate owners making bigger offers for 2.5 than they did for 2.1. It's an interesting case study of supply and demand.

12 Team IDP League. Start 22 (11 offense 11 defense) 1-2 QB, 1-5 RB, 1-5 WR, 1-3 TE, PK, 1-3 DT, 1-4 DE, 1-5 LB, 1-5 CB, 1-5 S

Very balanced scoring. (Lavonte David was #4 in points overall last year.) League cash is used in RFA bidding, waivers, tagging players, etc.

This is my entire offseason up to this point. 11 Trades.

• I Get: Nicks, Hakeem IND WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.01;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.07;Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.09;Year 2014 Draft Pick 6.09
  • I Give: Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.05
  • I Give: Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.09
  • I Get: $13 in blind bidding
  • I Give: Year 2014 Draft Pick 6.09
  • I Get: $10 in blind bidding
Then I lost Reshad Jennings in RFA. Bidding was up around $40 and declined to match. I got the 3.05 in compensation.

• I Get: Alonso, Kiko BUF LB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 7.08
  • I Give: Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.07;Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.05; Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders;Year 2016 Round 5 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders
  • I Get: Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.01
  • I Give: Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.01; Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders;Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders
  • I Give: David, Lavonte TBB LB; Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders;Year 2016 Round 6 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders;Year 2016 Round 7 Draft Pick from Mohawk Ridge Marauders; $20 in blind bidding
  • I Get: Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.01
So to summarize:

Give:
2016 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7th (my entire draft)
2.06 (Ryan Shazier)
$7
Lavonte David
Joe Flacco
Victor Cruz
Chris Givens
Finley
Quarless
D. Hightower

Get:
1.01 - Watkins
1.05 - Sankey
2.01 - ASJ
Kiko Alonso
Vernon Davis
Hakeem Nicks
Randy Starks
Tony Romo
Greg Olsen

So to me Givens/Finley/Quarless/Hightower were throw aways. Didn't want their contracts anymore. Completely gave up on them.

Swapped Lavonte for Kiko which is pretty damn equal IMHO.

Upgraded to Romo from Flacco which is pretty huge.

Cruz was a flex so going from Cruz to Vernon Davis seems like a lateral move to me (1.5PPR TE) Davis outscored him by 30 pts last year.

So for my 2016 Draft, 2.06 (Shazier) and $7 I got Watkins, Sankey, ASJ, Greg Olsen, and Hakeem Nicks. Works for me.

The same thing happened in a draft I'm doing right now, where I had a specific guy targeted for the late second/early third. In my case, it was Ka'Deem Carey. I don't want to turn this into a Ka'Deem Carey discussion; I happen to be high on his long term prospects, and I needed a developmental RB, so I wanted to make sure I got him. I can totally understand people being underwhelmed with Carey's speed, but I'm a big believer in Trestman, and I like absolutely everything about that kid except his 40 yard dash time and some hopefully minor character issues. So for the sake of this discussion, imagine that you like Carey and don't want to miss out on him.I had two 2015 second rounders, both projected to be fairly late, and a 2015 fourth. As we approached the talent dropoff in the mid second, I was offering both 2015 seconds for the current pick. Once the last guy I liked was gone, I offered each team their choice of my second round picks and also a future fourth. Nobody bit.

But towards the very end of the second round, when we were two picks away from the Forte owner, I noticed that the guy before him had autodrafted, which meant that if I didn't get Carey now, the draft would jump right to the Forte owner, who might pounce on him as their backup, and I'd lose my chance. So I offered two future seconds for the current pick and a future third, and ended up accepting two future seconds for the current pick and a 2014 4th rounder, even though that was by far the highest offer I'd given any team up to that point.

To me, that made logical sense. Up until that point, there was no reason to overpay for a pick. If this guy didn't want to take a future second and fourth, I'd just ask the next guy and the next guy until it was too late. Even if someone took Carey, I could offer them two future seconds for him and have a decent chance of having the offer accepted. But when it got down to the last guy before an autodrafter and the Forte owner, I had to overpay or risk losing a guy I thought was worth more than two late future seconds. So the guy with the best position got the best offer. But to the guy who picked right before him, it must have seemed like I had been lowballing him.

To use an NFL analogy, the team with 1.32 this year got paid handsomely for the right to pick Bridgewater before Houston, and to control a player for 5 years instead of 4. To use a fantasy football analogy, if you see a dropoff around pick 17 this year (which is roughly the consensus), then you might get more desperate owners making bigger offers for 2.5 than they did for 2.1. It's an interesting case study of supply and demand.
I understand what you are saying but this trade was accepted when pick 2.05 was on the clock. If it was made when 2.11 or 2.10 was on the clock I might understand. Thus, the new owner had to wait until 2.12 to see who he traded his 2015 1st for.

Probably a controversial one...needed to make a win-now move.

12 team PPR. Start 2-3 RB's.

Gave:

Rookie 2.05 (would have used on Latimer)

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Ray Rice

Bernard Pierce

Jeremy Maclin

Gave:

Rookie 2.05 (used on Latimer)

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Ray Rice

Bernard Pierce

Jeremy Maclin
I dont see anything bad about that for you at all.
Thanks. I don't think it's bad for me, just thought people here wouldn't like it anyways. Don't know that I've seen a single trade this offseason involving Rice where the majority preferred Rice haha.

Gave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Ray Rice

Bernard Pierce

Jeremy Maclin
I like it for you.I have also been buying Rice where I can
Made particular sense for me in this league, as we need to start 2 RB's and I only had Sproles, PT, Ivory, and Michael as a competitor.

My roster:

Cam

Rice/Pierce, Sproles/PT, Ivory, Michael

Calvin, Andre, Brown, Welker, Crabtree, Maclin

Gronk, G. Graham

Gave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Ray Rice

Bernard Pierce

Jeremy Maclin
Thanks. I don't think it's bad for me, just thought people here wouldn't like it anyways. Don't know that I've seen a single trade this offseason involving Rice where the majority preferred Rice haha.
The difference is you bundled the handcuff. If Rice goes off the rails (or to prison) you're covered, maybe even better off than a share. If you unpack this trade to be "Macling for 2015 1st and BAL RB for 2.05" I think you'll get a lot of agreement it's a good deal to make.

Gave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Ray Rice

Bernard Pierce

Jeremy Maclin
The difference is you bundled the handcuff. If Rice goes off the rails (or to prison) you're covered, maybe even better off than a share. If you unpack this trade to be "Macling for 2015 1st and BAL RB for 2.05" I think you'll get a lot of agreement it's a good deal to make.
Or if Maclin>=Latimer(2.05)

Rice/Pierce >= 2015 1st...

If my team is reasonable and I have a solid shot at the playoffs I make this deal every day

Pre-draft I traded Lattimore/LaMichael for Rice and got blasted...hard

14 team PPR. Devy league.

-------

Rostered: Gurley, Gordon, M. Davis, Yeldon, K. Williams, D. Johnson, Cooper, Diggs, Funchess, DGB, Dyer, Winston, Treadwell, Fournette, Henry, Tyner, Collins, Clement, Boyd

Gave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 devy pick (mid-late)

Got:

Montee Ball

Had an enormous need at RB (best RB's are Devy's still).

-------

Rostered: Gurley, Gordon, M. Davis, Yeldon, K. Williams, D. Johnson, Cooper, Diggs, Funchess, DGB, Dyer, Winston, Treadwell, Fournette, Henry, Tyner, Collins, Clement, Boyd

Gave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Montee Ball

This looks like a possible overpay until you realize that any player you would hope to get with those 2015 1's is already on a roster! Smart move

14 team dynasty qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/TE/k 1ppr

Gave: 2014 2.11 and 2.13

Received: Justin Blackmon and 3.05

I'll take the gamble at that price. I'm looking at it much like the jags were. He's a luxury if he ever plays for me

14 team dynasty qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/TE/k 1ppr

Gave: 2014 2.11 and 2.13

Received: Justin Blackmon and 3.05

I'll take the gamble at that price. I'm looking at it much like the jags were. He's a luxury if he ever plays for me
I like it. Basically one late 2nd to take the plunge, since there's little difference between 2.13 and 3.05.

-------

Rostered: Gurley, Gordon, M. Davis, Yeldon, K. Williams, D. Johnson, Cooper, Diggs, Funchess, DGB, Dyer, Winston, Treadwell, Fournette, Henry, Tyner, Collins, Clement, BoydGave:

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

2015 1st (mid-late)

Got:

Montee Ball

This looks like a possible overpay until you realize that any player you would hope to get with those 2015 1's is already on a roster! Smart move
Thanks! I'm hoping Ball is Moreno2.0 in that offense, hopefully better.

We just had our rookie draft this weekend and here are the draft day trades that went down

Ryan Mathews and 3.08/Brandon Coleman

for

1.05/Hyde

1.07/Ebron

for

1.10/Beckham and 3.10/Bridgewater

1.08/Adams

for

2.04/Mason and 2015 1st

2.05/Montcrief

for

2.06/Carey and 3.11/Gaffney

2.06/Carey and 3.11/Gaffney

for

Gore

Rueben Randle and a 2015 3rd

for

A.J. Jenkins, 2.09/West, and 4.06/Ellington

3.08/Coleman

for

3.11/Gaffney and 4.03/Boyd

This looks confusing so to clear up some stuff, this is an all rookie draft no veterans. Pick 2.06 and 3.11 went for Montcrief and then the new owner flipped the picks for Gore in about 5 minutes. 3.08 was traded 2 times.

<p>

12 team PPR 1.5 TE

Ewok 'N Roll gave up Bostick, Brandon GBP TE;Campbell, Calais ARI DE; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.02;Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.09;Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.02; Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick from Ewok 'N Roll

Did Gronkowski have his leg amputated? Am I missing something? I know Gronk has had major injury issues but this seems extremely cheap
Not my league I made a mistake here it's non PPR a lot less forgiving but still no way I give up Gronk for that

12 team PPR, start QRRWWTKF

Draft started today and is these trades is from the first link I posted.

Gave: 1.05/2.03

Team B gave: 1.08/1.10

Gave 1.10/3.05

Team C gave: 1.09

Gave: 2015 1st, (guessing it should be late), 2.09

Team B gave: 1.11/3.08

Picks so far were

1.05- Hyde

1.08- Ebron

1.09- Matthews

1.10- Benjamin

1.11- Adams

Gave 1.10/3.05

Picks so far were

1.05- Hyde

1.08- Ebron

1.09- Matthews

1.10- Benjamin

1.11- Evans
Evans at 1.11?

Gave 1.10/3.05

Picks so far were

1.05- Hyde

1.08- Ebron

1.09- Matthews

1.10- Benjamin

1.11- Evans
Evans at 1.11?
Whoops fixed, Adams. I got Evans at 1.02 as well.

Gave 1.10/3.05

Picks so far were

1.05- Hyde

1.08- Ebron

1.09- Matthews

1.10- Benjamin

1.11- Evans
Evans at 1.11?
Whoops fixed, Adams. I got Evans at 1.02 as well.
Makes sense

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

SPECTRE | GhostXray gave up:
Ellington, Andre ARI RB
Williams, Terrance DAL WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.05
Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.05
Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from SPECTRE | GhostXray

"Jaws"t Win Baby | WashingtonD gave up:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

SPECTRE | GhostXray gave up: