What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2010 Dallas Cowboys In Season Thread (1 Viewer)

I cant believe there are people saying Romo is the problem. So ridiculous. The offensive line, linebackers and safeties are the problem. Romo is just above Miles Austin on the list of things that aren't wrong. Imagine if we had a typical QB???? He would be dead or sacked 10 times a game. Romo keeps this team in games where other tradtional QB would not.
Romo and his talent level is not in question. His leadership ability is being called into question. Big difference.

I still feel like drafting Dez Bryant was a huge mistake. We needed offensive line help and we needed a good young safety. This secondary is not good. Jenkins is a play maker but not a shutdown guy. Newman gets beaten every week.

I honestly dont think this team needed Felix jones the year they drafted him either. Too much foucs on the jersey sellers and not enough focus on the oline and safety.

Im just so frustrated and disappointed. This was a really winnable game and we just gave it away. Romo was sloppy today. The team was so undisciplined and the special teams were a joke. Just really sad.
Using their last 3 1st round choices on a RB, WR, WR shows there is no direction to their drafting.
//BINGO!!!

/

Jerry Jones is drafting like us fantasy owners - where is the attention to the OL???

yes, Bryant is talented, but after using picks on Roy Williams, it ws overkill at that position . . .

Not surprising to see everyone jumping ship after a loss. Next week Dallas wins and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon. Way too early to write off Cowboys.

In regards to Romo leadership how would you rank his ability as a leader compared to McNabb or Eli Manning? Neither of them seem to inspire any leadership quality as Manning keeps that permanent autism face while Mcnabb has a fragile ego and is quick to throw people under the bus. Romo for all his faults gets in guys faces when they run the wrong route and masks his emotions for the good of the team, (only my opinion but I dont think he really enjoyed playing with TO yet you never heard about it).

I still feel like drafting Dez Bryant was a huge mistake. We needed offensive line help and we needed a good young safety. This secondary is not good. Jenkins is a play maker but not a shutdown guy. Newman gets beaten every week.

I honestly dont think this team needed Felix jones the year they drafted him either. Too much foucs on the jersey sellers and not enough focus on the oline and safety.

Im just so frustrated and disappointed. This was a really winnable game and we just gave it away. Romo was sloppy today. The team was so undisciplined and the special teams were a joke. Just really sad.
Using their last 3 1st round choices on a RB, WR, WR shows there is no direction to their drafting.
//BINGO!!!

/

Jerry Jones is drafting like us fantasy owners - where is the attention to the OL???

yes, Bryant is talented, but after using picks on Roy Williams, it ws overkill at that position . . .
It has been well documented that the Cowboys knew about O-line deficiencies yet due to the way the draft unfolded in multiple years thier targets were taken prior to their pick.

//BINGO!!!

/

It has been well documented that the Cowboys knew about O-line deficiencies yet due to the way the draft unfolded in multiple years thier targets were taken prior to their pick.
Exactly. You can't just draft o-lineman in the first round (or 2nd or 3rd round) if the quality player is not there.

Not surprising to see everyone jumping ship after a loss. Next week Dallas wins and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon. Way too early to write off Cowboys.In regards to Romo leadership how would you rank his ability as a leader compared to McNabb or Eli Manning? Neither of them seem to inspire any leadership quality as Manning keeps that permanent autism face while Mcnabb has a fragile ego and is quick to throw people under the bus. Romo for all his faults gets in guys faces when they run the wrong route and masks his emotions for the good of the team, (only my opinion but I dont think he really enjoyed playing with TO yet you never heard about it).
I havent seen anyone in here jumping ship...it's called venting.

//BINGO!!!

/

Exactly. You can't just draft o-lineman in the first round (or 2nd or 3rd round) if the quality player is not there.
there are more needs than the ones on the OL . . .

//

BINGO!!!

/

there are more needs than the ones on the OL . . .

Yea, middle linebacker, that's why they drafted Sean Lee in the second round, and in the third round got a player that can play both saftey and corner. They've been trying to a decent middle linebacker for a few years now, unsucessfully through the draft in Bobby Carpenter, and free agency with Zach Thomas and Keith Brooking. Dez Bryant was by far the best player on the board when they moved up a couple spots to get him. The year before, drafting Felix Jones who can return kicks and break long runs at running back was also a necessity as all they had was Marion Barber at the time, so they took Choice too to fill the third running back spot on the roster. You can't draft every need in three years.

Bankerguy said:
Not surprising to see everyone jumping ship after a loss. Next week Dallas wins and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon. Way too early to write off Cowboys.In regards to Romo leadership how would you rank his ability as a leader compared to McNabb or Eli Manning? Neither of them seem to inspire any leadership quality as Manning keeps that permanent autism face while Mcnabb has a fragile ego and is quick to throw people under the bus. Romo for all his faults gets in guys faces when they run the wrong route and masks his emotions for the good of the team, (only my opinion but I dont think he really enjoyed playing with TO yet you never heard about it).
I havent seen anyone in here jumping ship...it's called venting.
This season is lost and now I'm hoping for an epic collapse so we get a great draft.

:lmao: You're a game and a half back with 12 to play.

didnt see the game as i was in the boonies with no tv.

my buddy gave me the blow by blow when i got back to town.

sounds like the same old story. penalties, no discipline, etc....meh, whatever, see what happens next week.

Disappointing loss although one that shouldn't be surprising. A team like Tennessee feeds on playing until the whistle and frustrating teams, add this up against an undisciplined team like the Cowboys and it was going to be a problem. The o-line and safeties have been a problem all year and just continue to be such. I'm sure others have said it although I didn't scan through everything but the Cowboys completely lack leadership, unfortunately we probably won't be gaining it. Whatever coach is brought in will be a pawn for Jerry again. We need a general manager, a competent head coach, and some leaders on the team. I don't see it happening, I love the Cowboys very much but it's just painful and disappointing to watch.

Well, this team cant protect the QB or stop the big play on defense. Luckily for us...the Vikings are coming to town..and they are good at destroying the QB and completing long plays. Should be a nightmare.

Can Wade actually get the defense called to slow down Minnesota and can Garrett figure out a way to keep Romo alive??

Im not very optimistic about the Cowboys winning this game...I also thought this team would be 3-1 with the loss coming to the Texans, who I thought were an up and coming team...so what the heck do I know?

Well, this team cant protect the QB or stop the big play on defense. Luckily for us...the Vikings are coming to town..and they are good at destroying the QB and completing long plays. Should be a nightmare.

Can Wade actually get the defense called to slow down Minnesota and can Garrett figure out a way to keep Romo alive??

Im not very optimistic about the Cowboys winning this game...I also thought this team would be 3-1 with the loss coming to the Texans, who I thought were an up and coming team...so what the heck do I know?
Actually the Vikings are the home team next week. 69% of those surveyed in San Antonio think the Cowboys will lose 8 or more games. :shrug:

Actually the Vikings are the home team next week. 69% of those surveyed in San Antonio think the Cowboys will lose 8 or more games. :shrug:
Well, the schedule only gets tougher. There are maybe three more winnable games left. The rest, the Cowboys will be the underdog. I am as hopeful as the next guy but this team just keeps finding different ways to lose games...well actually, I guess it is the same formula for losing games...my bad...

Firing Wade Phillips doesn't accomplish anything. There isn't a coach out there who can take the reins and fix this mess in a week, a month, or the remainder of the season.

Any improvement will have to come from within. The players themselves are going to have to decide to stop ####ting where they eat and sleep.

With Dallas facing Minnesota and one of them necessarily having to lose we are looking at a preseason favorite going to 1-4. The loser will have two consecutive loses after their bye and will have plenty of time for the fan base to cause mischief. tough to call an October game out of th edivision a must win, but this is looking like one.

I think both McNabb and Eli rank higher as a leader than Romo

Romo is in the middle third of his career now. He is 30. He has avoided major injury. His physical skills will never be higher than they are right now. He has multiple weapons. True he does not have a perfect line, but damn few Q.B.'s have had everything perfect. If he is to step up the time is now. There are no more excuses. No more wait until next year, he is growing. Now is his time. It will be interesting if he will seize the moment and step up to greatness or just fall to that rank of those guys who had a nice career.

Firing Wade Phillips doesn't accomplish anything. There isn't a coach out there who can take the reins and fix this mess in a week, a month, or the remainder of the season.

Any improvement will have to come from within. The players themselves are going to have to decide to stop ####ting where they eat and sleep.
I agree but this is who this team is, I don't think there is anything "within".

Actually the Vikings are the home team next week. 69% of those surveyed in San Antonio think the Cowboys will lose 8 or more games. :lmao:
What's so funny about that? That the % isn't 95%? Name the games the Cowboys will be favored in from here on out. I can really only for sure point out two. DET and ARI. Maybe PHI at home if they just melt down late or something.

I think vegas would probably set the Win total right now at 5.5. Winning 8+ would be somewhere along the lines of +350 or so.

Yea, middle linebacker, that's why they drafted Sean Lee in the second round, and in the third round got a player that can play both saftey and corner. They've been trying to a decent middle linebacker for a few years now, unsucessfully through the draft in Bobby Carpenter, and free agency with Zach Thomas and Keith Brooking. Dez Bryant was by far the best player on the board when they moved up a couple spots to get him. The year before, drafting Felix Jones who can return kicks and break long runs at running back was also a necessity as all they had was Marion Barber at the time, so they took Choice too to fill the third running back spot on the roster. You can't draft every need in three years.
:lmao: This guy gets it. Felix was a need for this offense because he was the homerun that they lacked after TO left and Austin had yet to break out. Thier offense was so predictable and easy to stop once Felix got hurt. You can complain about the draft all you want but Dallas is WELL above the league average as far as getting good players in the draft because they dont reach. I would HATE to not have Dez and instead have some OT who has a 2nd or 3rd grade because Dallas reached.

Of course you do, just 2 weeks ago the Giants were in full mutiny mode and Eli did nothing to help matters yet he is a better leader because of a unlikely superbowl run in 2007 that was led by Michael Strahan not Eli.

Of course you do, just 2 weeks ago the Giants were in full mutiny mode and Eli did nothing to help matters yet he is a better leader because of a unlikely superbowl run in 2007 that was led by Michael Strahan not Eli.
1. The "mutiny" was from the defensive side of the camp 2. How do you know that Eli didn't do anything to help matters?3. Yes Strahan was the leader of that team as a whole but Eli was and is the leader on offense What has Romo done that makes you think he is a better leader than McNabb or Eli?

With Dallas facing Minnesota and one of them necessarily having to lose we are looking at a preseason favorite going to 1-4. The loser will have two consecutive loses after their bye and will have plenty of time for the fan base to cause mischief. tough to call an October game out of th edivision a must win, but this is looking like one.
Tend to agree. The winner is likely to be the team that is more pissed off next Sunday afternoon. Green Bay's loss last night on the road to what is probably a the best team in the AFC is a lot more justified than a home loss to the Titans who are fairly one dimensional. At this point, I think it is a matter of Dallas not beating themselves with costly penalties. Favre and Co look like exactly what their record says they are but unfortunately so does Dallas. Moss tends to eat DBs when he plays Dallas so that doesn't help. I think (hope) Dallas squeezes one out next week but there is no way I would put any $ on it.I am not waving the white flag yet but if they lose...

What's so funny about that? That the % isn't 95%? Name the games the Cowboys will be favored in from here on out. I can really only for sure point out two. DET and ARI. Maybe PHI at home if they just melt down late or something. I think vegas would probably set the Win total right now at 5.5. Winning 8+ would be somewhere along the lines of +350 or so.
You are kidding right? Dallas will be favored over:NYG at Dallas (or be a pick)Jacksonville at DallasDetroit at DallasPhilly at Dallas Washinton at DallasDallas at ArizonaNO at Dallas might be a pick'm game too.Dallas is not as bad as they have looked. They certainly could have beaten the Redskins week 1, and this game against Tennessee was certainly winnable too.

:thumbup: This guy gets it. Felix was a need for this offense because he was the homerun that they lacked after TO left and Austin had yet to break out. Thier offense was so predictable and easy to stop once Felix got hurt. You can complain about the draft all you want but Dallas is WELL above the league average as far as getting good players in the draft because they dont reach. I would HATE to not have Dez and instead have some OT who has a 2nd or 3rd grade because Dallas reached.
Of course instead of reaching they could have traded down, or looked to trade up. Standing pat and drafting is not the only choice. there was a time when the Cowboys where very good at moving within a draft and accumulating additional choices while addressing needs.

What has Romo done that makes you think he is a better leader than McNabb or Eli?
Nothing that just it, neither of the 3 qbs (Romo, McNabb, Eli) have done anything special as leaders to distinguish themselves from the others yet Romo is often classified as this horrible leader and I dont understand it.

What's so funny about that? That the % isn't 95%? Name the games the Cowboys will be favored in from here on out. I can really only for sure point out two. DET and ARI. Maybe PHI at home if they just melt down late or something. I think vegas would probably set the Win total right now at 5.5. Winning 8+ would be somewhere along the lines of +350 or so.
You are kidding right? Dallas will be favored over:NYG at Dallas (or be a pick)Jacksonville at DallasDetroit at DallasPhilly at Dallas Washinton at DallasDallas at ArizonaNO at Dallas might be a pick'm game too.Dallas is not as bad as they have looked. They certainly could have beaten the Redskins week 1, and this game against Tennessee was certainly winnable too.
Yes on Jax. I overlooked that one for some reason. Either Philly or Washington at home are possibilities, but that depends much on the team rallying. If this thing is like 3-10 late they will be laying points to anyone with something to play for which it appears Washington will be.

What's so funny about that? That the % isn't 95%?

Name the games the Cowboys will be favored in from here on out. I can really only for sure point out two. DET and ARI. Maybe PHI at home if they just melt down late or something.

I think vegas would probably set the Win total right now at 5.5. Winning 8+ would be somewhere along the lines of +350 or so.
You are kidding right? Dallas will be favored over:NYG at Dallas (or be a pick)

Jacksonville at Dallas

Detroit at Dallas

Philly at Dallas

Washinton at Dallas

Dallas at Arizona

NO at Dallas might be a pick'm game too.

Dallas is not as bad as they have looked. They certainly could have beaten the Redskins week 1, and this game against Tennessee was certainly winnable too.
Yes on Jax. I overlooked that one for some reason. Either Philly or Washington at home are possibilities, but that depends much on the team rallying. If this thing is like 3-10 late they will be laying points to anyone with something to play for which it appears Washington will be.
Yes. but it will be over at 3-8 so who cares.

That doesn't mean Eli wasn't or isn't a leader. What teams wouldn't look their future HoFer as their primary leader.Eli isn't a demonstrative, in your face leader. He's the type that has your back. The Giants WRs have tipped several catchable balls to the defense, Eli didn't throw them under the bus, he said he told the press he needed to play better. I prefer that to Romo's style of leadership, chasing after starlets, complaining about teammates and working to get into ProAm golf tournaments in the offseason.

I agree but this is who this team is, I don't think there is anything "within".
Won't get any argument from me on that point. These guys are done. The guys that care don't carry a big enough stick in the locker room to get the other guys to follow them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're 3-8 I hope they're giving Stephen McGee plenty of time to figure out just what they have in him. No sense in getting your star QB killed during mop-up time.

That doesn't mean Eli wasn't or isn't a leader. What teams wouldn't look their future HoFer as their primary leader.Eli isn't a demonstrative, in your face leader. He's the type that has your back. The Giants WRs have tipped several catchable balls to the defense, Eli didn't throw them under the bus, he said he told the press he needed to play better. I prefer that to Romo's style of leadership, chasing after starlets, complaining about teammates and working to get into ProAm golf tournaments in the offseason.
To be fair, Eli has been under the spotlight since middle school and was guided by a dad and brother who showed him the ropes. Romo came out of nowhere and became an overnight star. Slightly different situations. Romo was immature but has taken steps forward each year, no starlets this year, withdrew from a ProAM because it was close to training camp. Romo has his teammates back I cant recall him throwing people under the bus. THe ProAM bothers some but the guy is a pro athelete and has a life to live would much rather him play golf than get go out and party. This whole leadership thing is so subjective thats why I dont put much stock in it. The better the player you are the more guys follow you IMO, i.e. Ray Lewis, Brady, etc.

What has Romo done that makes you think he is a better leader than McNabb or Eli?
Nothing that just it, neither of the 3 qbs (Romo, McNabb, Eli) have done anything special as leaders to distinguish themselves from the others yet Romo is often classified as this horrible leader and I dont understand it.
Career Playoff Records:McNabb 9-7 with one SB appearanceManning 4-3 with one SB winRomo 1-3 and has not been to an NFC championship game yet.Rightly or wrongly that is why McNabb and Manning are viewed as better leaders than Romo.

Please tell me one time in a big spot where Romo had a fourth quarter comeback - please just once. You can look at the SB against the Patriots for Eli's big moment and there have been many others. Just like the other day against the Titans - Romo had the ball with almost 2 minutes to tie the game and well...you know what happened. In fact you all probably knew what was going to happen before it did.

Career Playoff Records:McNabb 9-7 with one SB appearanceManning 4-3 with one SB winRomo 1-3 and has not been to an NFC championship game yet.Rightly or wrongly that is why McNabb and Manning are viewed as better leaders than Romo.
;)

Please tell me one time in a big spot where Romo had a fourth quarter comeback - please just once. You can look at the SB against the Patriots for Eli's big moment and there have been many others. Just like the other day against the Titans - Romo had the ball with almost 2 minutes to tie the game and well...you know what happened. In fact you all probably knew what was going to happen before it did.
Week 1 against Washington he leads the team down the field, on the road, escapes pressure, and throws a clutch touchdown. It's nullified by a holding call, but it's still typical of Romo's late game play. Even last week he tied the game up late in the fourth before the special teams meltdown. I agree the int with 40 seconds left was a turd sandwich, but it's certainly not typical of Romo's late game play. Whenever Romo has the ball late in the fourth with the cowboys trailing I expect him to lead them down the field.

Not surprising to see everyone jumping ship after a loss. Next week Dallas wins and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon. Way too early to write off Cowboys.

In regards to Romo leadership how would you rank his ability as a leader compared to McNabb or Eli Manning? Neither of them seem to inspire any leadership quality as Manning keeps that permanent autism face while Mcnabb has a fragile ego and is quick to throw people under the bus. Romo for all his faults gets in guys faces when they run the wrong route and masks his emotions for the good of the team, (only my opinion but I dont think he really enjoyed playing with TO yet you never heard about it).
And not surprising to see you being confused with being lashed to the wheel of that ship as you are with being objective as most others here are being. You're not. You're the least objective Cowboy fan on this board, and that's saying something. Romo is a fair weather leader. He's fun and bubbly when the team is winning, but he has no ability to put this dysfunctional team on his back. McNabb and Eli have won important games - plural, games - in the playoffs with lesser talent around them, McNabb consistently and Eli's got a ring. Even those "lesser" QB's - lesser than Brady, Peyton and Brees - are markedly better than Romo who makes critical mistakes with important games on the line. There's a leadership void and it's safe to say after four years of starts that Romo is incapable of filling it. He's great in fantasy football with his stats . . . but then so was Aaron Brooks.

Cowboys remind me of the Redskins when they had Bruce Smith, tons of talent on the squad but having trouble getting all that potential to work cohesively.

And not surprising to see you being confused with being lashed to the wheel of that ship as you are with being objective as most others here are being. You're not. You're the least objective Cowboy fan on this board, and that's saying something. Romo is a fair weather leader. He's fun and bubbly when the team is winning, but he has no ability to put this dysfunctional team on his back. McNabb and Eli have won important games - plural, games - in the playoffs with lesser talent around them, McNabb consistently and Eli's got a ring. Even those "lesser" QB's - lesser than Brady, Peyton and Brees - are markedly better than Romo who makes critical mistakes with important games on the line. There's a leadership void and it's safe to say after four years of starts that Romo is incapable of filling it. He's great in fantasy football with his stats . . . but then so was Aaron Brooks.
So im the least objective fan on this board because Im not willing to concede that 1-3 means their season is over? Cowboys have 5 division games left, and at this point are only 1.5 games back from division lead. Excuse me if im not willing to say the Cowboys season is over. The Cowboys have problems that are concerning but unlike say the Packers who are down 10 starters the Cowboys problems can be fixed. Whether or not that happpens remains to be seen. I feel that the Cowboys have a great amount of talent that can overcome the early season pitfalls. Back to Romo being a leader, you(among others) threw out playoff records:

Peyton Manning was 0-3 before getting his first playoff victory

Tom Brady and record setting Pats offense only managed 14 points against G-men while the Cowboys put up 17

Eli did not lead his team to superbowl he acted as a busdriver meanwhile Romo's play was the difference between a win or loss.

McNabb made just as many critical INT's or throws into the ground when compared to Romo

I dont really have any motivation to keep this Romo argument going, :tapout: Im simply trying to point out the hypocrisy in all your arguments and how subjective the title of leader is. In most cases if you are winning and are the QB you are a leader

So im the least objective fan on this board because Im not willing to concede that 1-3 means their season is over? Cowboys have 5 division games left, and at this point are only 1.5 games back from division lead. Excuse me if im not willing to say the Cowboys season is over. The Cowboys have problems that are concerning but unlike say the Packers who are down 10 starters the Cowboys problems can be fixed. Whether or not that happpens remains to be seen. I feel that the Cowboys have a great amount of talent that can overcome the early season pitfalls. Back to Romo being a leader, you(among others) threw out playoff records:

Tom Brady and record setting Pats offense only managed 14 points against G-men while the Cowboys put up 17

Eli did not lead his team to superbowl he acted as a busdriver meanwhile Romo's play was the difference between a win or loss.

McNabb made just as many critical INT's or throws into the ground when compared to Romo

I dont really have any motivation to keep this Romo argument going, :tapout: Im simply trying to point out the hypocrisy in all your arguments and how subjective the title of leader is. In most cases if you are winning and are the QB you are a leader
To say Eli was a busdriver for the SB run defines your ignorance.6 TDs - 1 Int in the 2007 SB Run

95.7 QB rating

2 fourth quarter TDs in the SB - including "The Drive"

while Tony Romo had his chance against the GMEN at Home against a depleted Giants secondary and threw a pick to RW McQuarters - Tony with the Ball - 2 minutes left in the game - 3 out of 4 defensive backs were out of the game and he throws a pick.

Actually the Vikings are the home team next week. 69% of those surveyed in San Antonio think the Cowboys will lose 8 or more games. :lmao:
What's so funny about that? That the % isn't 95%? Name the games the Cowboys will be favored in from here on out. I can really only for sure point out two. DET and ARI. Maybe PHI at home if they just melt down late or something.

What's so funny about that is all the dumb homers around here who a month ago said this team was a lock for the Super Bowl at the monstrosity known as Jerry world, just threw their Cowboys t-shirts in the hamper. Fans of this team are so hot and cold, never have seen anything like this as a sports fan. To me, it's funny. :goodposting:

Doctor Detroit said:
culdeus said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Texasmouth said:

What's so funny about that is all the dumb homers around here who a month ago said this team was a lock for the Super Bowl at the monstrosity known as Jerry world, just threw their Cowboys t-shirts in the hamper. Fans of this team are so hot and cold, never have seen anything like this as a sports fan. To me, it's funny. :excited:
Needless hyperbole here, plus doesn't this sort of deflate what you are trying to say? There are fans of this team that buy the hype and fans that don't. Some for coaching, some for QB "leadership". The strangest thing is that often times the ones that hate the coaches like the qb, and ones that don't really have an issue with the coaches hate the QB. Nobody likes Jerry. When a team is hyped as a contender and fails to live up you get this in any sport for any team. If anything, this effect is minuscule compared to NCAA as there are many more games left and one loss is not as big a deal.

horadadude said:
To say Eli was a busdriver for the SB run defines your ignorance.6 TDs - 1 Int in the 2007 SB Run95.7 QB rating2 fourth quarter TDs in the SB - including "The Drive"while Tony Romo had his chance against the GMEN at Home against a depleted Giants secondary and threw a pick to RW McQuarters - Tony with the Ball - 2 minutes left in the game - 3 out of 4 defensive backs were out of the game and he throws a pick.
If you remember back to that game Romo hit a wide open Patrick Crayton in the hands in the waning seconds of the game for what should have been a 50yd td but he dropped it so that makes Romo a choker?Giants scored 24,21,23,17 in the playoffs that year. The defense caused 7 turnovers in 4 games. Eli averaged 213 pass yards and 1.5 tds and the offense averaged 21 ppg. They won with Eli not because of him.

simmonjm said:
So im the least objective fan on this board because Im not willing to concede that 1-3 means their season is over? Cowboys have 5 division games left, and at this point are only 1.5 games back from division lead. Excuse me if im not willing to say the Cowboys season is over. The Cowboys have problems that are concerning but unlike say the Packers who are down 10 starters the Cowboys problems can be fixed. Whether or not that happpens remains to be seen. I feel that the Cowboys have a great amount of talent that can overcome the early season pitfalls.

Back to Romo being a leader, you(among others) threw out playoff records:

I'm not sure what your point is with the first bolded statement. Is it that Tony Romo is as good a leader as Tom Brady because his offense scored 17 points against the Giants in 2007 while Tom Brady's offense only scored 14 points, or is it that Tom Brady is not a good leader like Tony Romo because he did just as poorly against the Giants in 2007? Either way, your point is absurd.As to the last bolded statement, you prove what I said earlier. McNabb has 9 playoff wins, Manning has 4 playoff wins of which one was a SB win, and Tony Romo has 1 playoff win. That is why they are leaders and Romo is not, because their teams won and they were the QB.

simmonjm said:
Nightly Mistake said:

Really it is useless to have these arguments about Romo. He is the LEAST of the Cowboys problems. They guy is good and NOT the reason for the Cowboys struggles and anyone who says he is a choker or not a leader is just barking up the wrong tree. Hate Dallas, laugh at the record. Go ahead they deserve that. To hate on Romo is just showing how little you know about football. It is like trying to beat down on Romo when his team is srtuggling, just to try and prove you were right all along about him when in fact you were dead wrong. The guy is good and if he had teammates that had as much heart as him, man the sky would be the limit.

simmonjm said:
Nightly Mistake said:

:bow: You cite other successful QB's who had poor playoff records to begin with, and then derive from that that Romo will have the same success that they have. In other words, to you poor start allows you to conclude that that player will have later success. And you wonder why I say you're not objective.

As for the other, go back into the thread where I said "the season is over". Please post that link. Hint: I didn't. That's a strawman argument.

Anyway, good idea to tap out. Your arguments make zero sense anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread