What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

'scrumptrulescent said:
Zoom-Zoom is a really nice guy. An easy to root for guy. I just don't think his shoulder/elbow/entire arm can handle the torque he puts on it. He's a hurler, not a pitcher. His 100 mph is much more violent than Verlander's 100 mph. I wish him all the best but don't see a good ending for him.Don't let him near an xbox and don't let him "help his mom move" ever either. Bad things happen.
I agree, good guy, and hope he does well. Tigers don't care their so stacked anyway, Detroit is the 2012 "Dream Team" of MLB

2.2 million — Tickets sold for the Twins' 2012 season as of Jan. 27, putting the team on pace for nearly 24,000 full season-ticket packages.

Target field still a hot ticket :thumbup:

Zoom-Zoom is a really nice guy. An easy to root for guy. I just don't think his shoulder/elbow/entire arm can handle the torque he puts on it. He's a hurler, not a pitcher. His 100 mph is much more violent than Verlander's 100 mph. I wish him all the best but don't see a good ending for him.Don't let him near an xbox and don't let him "help his mom move" ever either. Bad things happen.
I agree, good guy, and hope he does well. Tigers don't care their so stacked anyway, Detroit is the 2012 "Dream Team" of MLB
Tigers do care because he was a fantastic arm coming out of the pen in the later innings. And he's a good team guy. Inge on the other hand....why don't you request him in a trade.....Detroit would take a few free passes for rides in the Mall of America for him.I thought the Angels were the dream team in MLB?Tigers are the Dream Team of the Central though. It may not work out in the end but damn, it sure is fun ain't it Twins fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tigers do care because he was a fantastic arm coming out of the pen in the later innings. And he's a good team guy. Inge on the other hand....why don't you request him in a trade.....Detroit would take a few free passes for rides in the Mall of America for him.I thought the Angels were the dream team in MLB?Tigers are the Dream Team of the Central though. It may not work out in the end but damn, it sure is fun ain't it Twins fan?
What's fun?Spending money and going out to get actual threats at the plate?Why would the Twins want to do that? They don't feel like reaching the playoffs soon OR if they do for some reason, actually making it past the first round.

—RHP Joel Zumaya hasn't pitched in a major league game since June 28, 2010, but when he talked with reporters upon signing a one-year deal last month, he told reporters he will once again hit 100 mph. General manager Terry Ryan said that's unnecessary. "We may have to tone him down some," Ryan said. "He's already talking about bringing it up there at a hundred. That's great, but we're looking for a guy who gets people out. We're not so much worried about radar readings."

Looking forward to see the big Z pitch :thumbup:

Ron Gardenhire tells Iowa audience his opening day (for now) lineup

Michael Rand under Twins fans Updated: February 6, 2012

per a tweet from new Twins radio guy Cory Provus, skipper Ron Gardenhire was asked during a stop today in Mason City, Iowa, about the team's starting nine. Gardy obliged with an answer, so consider this your opening day lineup for the Twins as of now -- which obviously takes best-case health scenarios and doesn't factor in any spring training injuries/surprises:

1) Span, CF

2) Carroll, SS

3) Mauer, C

4) Morneau, 1B

5) Willingham, RF

6) Doumit, DH

7) Valencia, 3B

8) Casilla, 2B

9) Revere, LF

SP: Pavano

Ron Gardenhire tells Iowa audience his opening day (for now) lineupMichael Rand under Twins fans Updated: February 6, 2012per a tweet from new Twins radio guy Cory Provus, skipper Ron Gardenhire was asked during a stop today in Mason City, Iowa, about the team's starting nine. Gardy obliged with an answer, so consider this your opening day lineup for the Twins as of now -- which obviously takes best-case health scenarios and doesn't factor in any spring training injuries/surprises: 1) Span, CF2) Carroll, SS3) Mauer, C4) Morneau, 1B5) Willingham, RF6) Doumit, DH7) Valencia, 3B8) Casilla, 2B9) Revere, LFSP: Pavano
Big problem with this is that I doubt Mauer and Morneau are all that healthy for the year. Hopefully I am wrong but even with them in I don't see it as much of an offense. The pitching (rotation and bullpen) are even worse.

Ron Gardenhire tells Iowa audience his opening day (for now) lineupMichael Rand under Twins fans Updated: February 6, 2012per a tweet from new Twins radio guy Cory Provus, skipper Ron Gardenhire was asked during a stop today in Mason City, Iowa, about the team's starting nine. Gardy obliged with an answer, so consider this your opening day lineup for the Twins as of now -- which obviously takes best-case health scenarios and doesn't factor in any spring training injuries/surprises: 1) Span, CF2) Carroll, SS3) Mauer, C4) Morneau, 1B5) Willingham, RF6) Doumit, DH7) Valencia, 3B8) Casilla, 2B9) Revere, LFSP: Pavano
Big problem with this is that I doubt Mauer and Morneau are all that healthy for the year. Hopefully I am wrong but even with them in I don't see it as much of an offense. The pitching (rotation and bullpen) are even worse.
Revere needs to be in CF.

Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries signed baseball up for auction by Twins

Pioneer Press

The Minnesota Twins are auctioning off a baseball signed by reality television personality Kim Kardashian and the husband she is divorcing, former Hopkins High School and University of Minnesota basketball star Kris Humphries.

The money will go to the Minnesota Twins Community Fund, according to the Twins, and bids for the ball can be made at twinsbaseball.com.

Kardashian and Humphries signed the ball before the New Jersey Nets forward threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the July 1, 2011, Twins game at Target Field.

"We have as far as we know, a one-of-a-kind item - a baseball with both of their signatures which we believe is best used to raise incremental funds for the good works of the Community Fund," Kevin Smith, Twins executive director of public affairs, said in a statement.

Gopher, why the #### are you posting that? You seriously think anyone gives a #### about that?
sorry Moops I guess you not a K & K fan, but the money is going to a good cause, and I didn't want anyone to miss out on a one of a kind baseball, I thank you for you thoughts

—RHP Joel Zumaya hasn't pitched in a major league game since June 28, 2010, but when he talked with reporters upon signing a one-year deal last month, he told reporters he will once again hit 100 mph. General manager Terry Ryan said that's unnecessary. "We may have to tone him down some," Ryan said. "He's already talking about bringing it up there at a hundred. That's great, but we're looking for a guy who gets people out. We're not so much worried about radar readings."

Hope you made it to Ft Meyers, Florida. He lasted 13 whole pitches this yearZumuya out for the season

Hope you made it to Ft Meyers, Florida. He lasted 13 whole pitches this yearZumuya out for the season
Damn. Hate to see that happen to a good guy.

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The Minnesota Twins assigned struggling infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka to Triple-A Rochester on Monday in hopes that the Japanese import can find his game and build some confidence in the minor leagues.Nishioka was hitting .240 in nine games this spring. After a difficult first season in the United States last year, Nishioka has looked no more comfortable at the plate or in the field with the Twins this spring."It's definitely tough to swallow but it's not like it's getting baseball taken away from me," Nishioka told reporters through translator Ryo Shinkawa at the Twins spring training complex. "I came from Japan for a challenge at this in this country. So I'm just going to not give up and look for the opportunity to get back up here."He was a five-time All-Star, a batting champion and Gold Glove winner in Japan -- and a much-hyped addition when the Twins signed him to a three-year, $9.25 million contract before last season.
:bag:

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score!

We're gonna wins Twins, watch that baseball soar!

Knock out a home-run, shout a hip-hooray!

Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

We're gonna win Twins, give it our all!

We've got the guys who'll knock the cover off the ball!

Let's hear it now for the team that came to play!

Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

:banned:

The good deeds from game one:

LF Josh Willingham hitting a two-run homer in the ninth, and converted a nice double play in the sixth when he hauled in Matt Wieters' foul fly and gunned down Nick Markakis at the plate.

SS Jamey Carroll made a couple of dazzling defensive plays -- an over-the-shoulder grab of Adam Jones' dangerous popup to hold Markakis at third. He also showed poise in spearing Robert Andino's grounder after it ricocheted off the mound, and throwing out the speedy runner.

1B Chris Parmelee, a rookie, singled in his first big-league Opening Day. He played great defense,he showed great range to make a diving stop on Wilson Betemit.

The bad:

we lost :unsure:

The Twins get Anaheim next at home for three games

0-3 or 1-2 at best

Then they get Texas

0-3 or 1-2 at best

Then four games at New York

0-4

At best I see 2-11

At worst 0-13

I was at the game on Monday. :wall: :wall: :wall:

The crowd was never into it, and we were down from the get go.

As of now, I don't see any way in which they don't lose 100 games.

10-9 over the angles wooooooooooo wooooooooooooooo and Willingham connected for his fourth homer of the season. Willingham looking like the steal of free agency :excited:

--LF Josh Willingham hit his big-league-leading fourth home run Thursday, starting a three-run seventh that tied the game 6-6. He's on pace for 108 home runs.

"I'm sure I won't," he deadpanned. "I'm sure I won't."

The Twins signed Willingham because he's a dead-pull right-handed hitter with big power -- he hit 29 homers in 2011 -- and the vast majority of homers hit at Target Field go out to left. He has homered in each of his first three games at Target Field this season, helping the Twins take two of three from the Angels.

"It always feels good to hit a home run," Willingham said. "I'm just keeping it simple; trying to see it and hit it. That's the method that works the best."

source usa today

The hits keep coming with Willie :thumbup:

--LF Josh Willingham hit his big-league-leading fourth home run Thursday, starting a three-run seventh that tied the game 6-6. He's on pace for 108 home runs. "I'm sure I won't," he deadpanned. "I'm sure I won't." The Twins signed Willingham because he's a dead-pull right-handed hitter with big power -- he hit 29 homers in 2011 -- and the vast majority of homers hit at Target Field go out to left. He has homered in each of his first three games at Target Field this season, helping the Twins take two of three from the Angels. "It always feels good to hit a home run," Willingham said. "I'm just keeping it simple; trying to see it and hit it. That's the method that works the best." source usa todayThe hits keep coming with Willie :thumbup:
Maybe the rest of the team should try to see it and hit it too.

'Eephus said:
'Gopher State said:
--LF Josh Willingham hit his big-league-leading fourth home run Thursday, starting a three-run seventh that tied the game 6-6. He's on pace for 108 home runs. "I'm sure I won't," he deadpanned. "I'm sure I won't." The Twins signed Willingham because he's a dead-pull right-handed hitter with big power -- he hit 29 homers in 2011 -- and the vast majority of homers hit at Target Field go out to left. He has homered in each of his first three games at Target Field this season, helping the Twins take two of three from the Angels. "It always feels good to hit a home run," Willingham said. "I'm just keeping it simple; trying to see it and hit it. That's the method that works the best." source usa todayThe hits keep coming with Willie :thumbup:
Maybe the rest of the team should try to see it and hit it too.
I'd settle for a pitching staff that can see the corners of the strike zone.The batter's eye trees cursed the entire town IMO. BRING BACK THE SPRUCE!

Josh Willingham continued his hot start yesterday, reaching base three times on a single, walk and hit by pitch. He has reached safely in all seven games and is hitting 417.

Willie is making us all forget the M & M show

Clete Thomas hit a two-run homer in his Minnesota debut. The Twins claimed the outfielder off waivers from the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. The bright spot of the day

Newest Twin Clete Thomas off to roaring start

By Brian Murphy

Outfielder Clete Thomas had an auspicious debut, smashing a two-run homer and unloading a strong relay from the right-field corner to help nail Adrian Beltre at the plate.

Thomas, whom the Twins claimed off waivers Saturday from Detroit, did not have a single plate appearance with the Tigers this season.

"Yeah, I'm excited. I haven't played in two weeks. I'm ready to go," Thomas said.

Minnesota optioned Ben Revere to Class AAA Rochester to make room for Thomas, who is versatile enough to play all three outfield positions, runs well and demonstrated some pop.

"He can do about everything you're looking for in an outfielder," said general manager Terry Ryan. "We're sitting Ben, that's not good for him. He needs to play. There are parts of his game we need to develop. He's only 23 years old. It's much more functional for a guy with (Thomas') experience to come in here and if he's not playing, it's not going to be a problem with his development."

The official Clete and Willie show in MN :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread