What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD*** (2 Viewers)

QUOTE TO NOTE: "I haven't lost my confidence yet." -- LHP Glen Francisco Liriano, 0-3 with an 11.02 ERA in four starts this season.

time to trade Liriano, as fans have sure as heck have lost hope in him

Minnesota Twins: Perkins hurts knee in fall

Pioneer Press

twincities.com

Minnesota Twins: Perkins hurts knee in fall

Left-hander Glen Perkins bruised the inside of his left knee while falling down the stairs in his suburban home Friday morning and was unavailable to pitch in Friday's 7-6 loss to the Royals.

Perkins, 29, said he fell down about eight steps and landed flat on his back while his daughters were eating breakfast.

"They were just staring at me," he said. "I just kind of banged up the inside of my knee."

He threw off the mound Saturday morning and will be available for Sunday's game.

We've found rock bottom. I can't watch these guys anymore. Which basically means no baseball for me this year.

Why did the Twins give a two year deal to 38 year Jamey Carroll if they were going to blow it up in early May and call up Brian Dozier? Oh well, I suppose he's still better than Nishioka.

Why did the Twins give a two year deal to 38 year Jamey Carroll if they were going to blow it up in early May and call up Brian Dozier? Oh well, I suppose he's still better than Nishioka.
OHHHHHH YYYEEEAAAHHH!Now I can finally retire the DJ Dozier jerseys and get a new Dozier jersey. Too bad baseball retired #42, or that would have been sweet. :excited:

Liriano to the pen

Valencia to AAA

Random scrubs to the 25 man roster

It looks like the road back to respectability is going to be a long one

Detroit, MI (Sports Network) - Justin Morneau clubbed a two-run homer and plated the decisive run with a groundout, as the Minnesota Twins held on to beat the Detroit Tigers, 4-3, in the finale of a two-game set at Comerica Park.

The Twins won two games in a row for only the second time this season (April 11-12). Maybe we need to play the tigers more????????????????????????

"It's about winning baseball games. You come in here and win a couple ballgames and go toe-to-toe against the Tigers, it's a good feeling. There's some confidence coming through this clubhouse. It's pretty fun." -- Manager Ron Gardenhire

THREE IN A ROW!!!

Anyone been to the ballpark yet, how packed is it? I used to go to a ton of games every year just for the party, but now with the smoking ban I've stayed away so far this year. I can't be expected to get squabby drunk on overpriced drinks without a smoke. They need to rethink excluding fans in a terrible season.

Scott Diamond gave up his first runs of the season, but got his third win in as many starts after pitching 5 1/3 innings against the Brewers on Friday night. Diamond allowed three runs on eight hits, but only walked one batter and induced nine groundouts. Maybe diamond will be the silver lining to the season

THREE IN A ROW!!!

Anyone been to the ballpark yet, how packed is it? I used to go to a ton of games every year just for the party, but now with the smoking ban I've stayed away so far this year. I can't be expected to get squabby drunk on overpriced drinks without a smoke. They need to rethink excluding fans in a terrible season.
Attendance is still pretty good. http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
:eek: Don't get me wrong, those are some pretty good numbers, but they're still down about 5-6k per game. That's what the bastards get for banning smokers. I spose 99 losses has something to do with the decline too. ;) It wont be long before we're back to the 11-15k days of the dome.

THREE IN A ROW!!!

Went on mothers day, it was packed. Think it's been pretty bare on weekdays for the most part.

Revere was hitting .330 for the Red Wings, and is 4 for 10 since rejoining the Twins on Thursday. Glad to see the Twins calling up Revere

Marquis is done. He has terrible control and is pretty much serving up beach balls down the middle. Butera looked better than Marquis.

:bag: @ having to use positional players to pitch this early in the season.

Making first trip to Target Field with the kids in July...any suggestions on how soon to get to the night game to let the boys enjoy it the most?

I would get there about an hour beforehand and walk around, take few pics from different vantage points. Note- you can bring unopened water bottles and your own food into the game. The food is decent in the stadium and expensive. As is the water. I do always get a kramaecuks polish every time I go. My buddies got nachos in a norrmal sized helmet. It was pretty awesome.

"We might have to bring that blue ox to get that ball back. That's what you get for coming in here, spending our money and hitting a ball in the stands." -- Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, on Jim Thome's 607th career home run. The Phillies slugger hit the ball into the flower bed above Target Field's fence in right-center Thursday night, and the Twins had to lower a stadium worker attached to a harness over the fence to retrieve the ball. Thome, who hit his 600th homer for the Twins last year and hit two at Target Field with the Phillies this week, started collecting all of his home run balls after No. 500.

Kubel has a quality bat but I don't mind seeing him leave. Was there even a spot for him? The OF is full and Mauer, Morneau, and Parmelee will see plenty of time at DH. If Kubel weren't such a liability in the field I'd be more upset about this, but I'd rather have the draft pick here.
I think ideally the Twins would still move one of Span/Revere. Now if they do that, they'll need another OFer. That could be Joe Benson I guess, but it seems he needs a bit of time in AAA. Or maybe a Luke Scott via FA. (or the Yoenis Cespedes pipe dream :wub: )Still, I'd be all over that Storen for Span deal. The Twins wanted Lombardozzi and Storen and the Nats balked. I think they could get Bernadina with Storen, which could be somewhat useful as well.Edit: $7.5MM per is too much for Kubel though. So I don't fault them for letting him go.
7.5mm per seems like a bargain now. Also, I know a lot of Twins fans have knocked his defense, but the guy has been a great fielder this year. Leads the NL in outfield assists even.

Twins Trade Rumors: Francisco Liriano Still On Angels Radar

Francisco Liriano has two starts remaining before the non-waiver trade deadline, and with his impressive performance over the last few weeks it's not unfathomable to think that when he takes the hill tonight to take on the White Sox it could be his last appearance in a Twins uniform. The enigmatic port-sider is drawing interest from quite a few teams, as we saw just a few of days ago, and the number one contender still appears to be the Angels.

Torii Hunter on Francisco Liriano: “He’s been on our radar the last two years. Liriano would be pretty good. They like Liriano over here.”

While it's difficult to take what Torii Hunter says at face value (again: just a few days ago), Morosi backs up the quote from Hunter (also a week old) with this full entry where he states Minnesota's "need to accumulate power arms for the future".

Users who are viewing this thread