What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (1 Viewer)

12 team ppr, qrwtfff

Both teams out of the playoffs

Team a gave:

Adrian Peterson

Charles Johnson

Team b gave:

Shoelace

Sanu

Last edited by a moderator:
And you have me on that fact....I have only seen a couple of Saint games this season. He is a nice player but I feel that he lacks the ability to take a game over. Beckham has that ability. Give me OBJ all day. 2nd rounder is nowhere near enough for the upgrade IMO. Beckham is just so well rounded: great route runner, great hands, great separation skills, great jump ball skills, great against the zone, great deep speed......I am sure he will float down to earth a bit but I am blown away. He is already excelling against double coverage.
Cooks is a very, very special player. His route running is crisp and intelligent, he's a hard worker, he's tough, and at top gear he's faster than anyone I've ever seen in a Saints jersey. He also has tremendous hands. Most importantly, he doesn't panic or give up on a ball that's still in the air.My favorite of his catches this year to illustrate his focus.
Nice but dangerous play by Cooks however Odell makes that catch on the first try.

Steed said:
And you have me on that fact....I have only seen a couple of Saint games this season. He is a nice player but I feel that he lacks the ability to take a game over. Beckham has that ability. Give me OBJ all day. 2nd rounder is nowhere near enough for the upgrade IMO. Beckham is just so well rounded: great route runner, great hands, great separation skills, great jump ball skills, great against the zone, great deep speed......I am sure he will float down to earth a bit but I am blown away. He is already excelling against double coverage.
Cooks is a very, very special player. His route running is crisp and intelligent, he's a hard worker, he's tough, and at top gear he's faster than anyone I've ever seen in a Saints jersey. He also has tremendous hands. Most importantly, he doesn't panic or give up on a ball that's still in the air.My favorite of his catches this year to illustrate his focus.
Nice but dangerous play by Cooks however Odell makes that catch on the first try.
And he uses Visa Checkout to pay online with Orbitz on his phone at the same time too?

PPR 12 team

Gave: Odell Beckham Jr and future 2nd (playoff team, so at least 2.07)

Received: Brandin Cooks, Deandre Hopkins, future 2nd (will be 2.01 or 2.02)
I would likely move OBJ for either WR + the early 2nd...getting both is a slam dunk
Beckham for Cooks and a 2nd?? That is a horrible deal. Cooks isn't in the same ballpark and a 2nd is a gamble.
Cooks isn't in the same ballpark? I would probably try to take advantage of the overreaction and recency bias based on one catch but yeah I think they are alot closer than "not even in the same ballpark". I really like OBJ but I had he and Cooks pretty even coming out of the draft and I like what I have seen from both...certainly not enough to vault OBJ into the stratosphere beyond Cooks like some are doing
Overreaction to one catch? OBJ is averaging 7.7 / 125 over the last four games. He can get open at will against anyone and make difficult catches. Cooks is not in the same ballpark IMO.
Having watched Cooks all year, I disagree. And I like Cooks's QB a lot more.
It's more that the Saints dont need Cooks to take a game over, while the Giants need Beckham to.

PPR 12 team

Gave: Odell Beckham Jr and future 2nd (playoff team, so at least 2.07)

Received: Brandin Cooks, Deandre Hopkins, future 2nd (will be 2.01 or 2.02)
I would likely move OBJ for either WR + the early 2nd...getting both is a slam dunk
Beckham for Cooks and a 2nd?? That is a horrible deal. Cooks isn't in the same ballpark and a 2nd is a gamble.
Cooks isn't in the same ballpark? I would probably try to take advantage of the overreaction and recency bias based on one catch but yeah I think they are alot closer than "not even in the same ballpark". I really like OBJ but I had he and Cooks pretty even coming out of the draft and I like what I have seen from both...certainly not enough to vault OBJ into the stratosphere beyond Cooks like some are doing
Overreaction to one catch? OBJ is averaging 7.7 / 125 over the last four games. He can get open at will against anyone and make difficult catches. Cooks is not in the same ballpark IMO.
Having watched Cooks all year, I disagree. And I like Cooks's QB a lot more.
It's more that the Saints dont need Cooks to take a game over, while the Giants need Beckham to.
Sounds like I need to try to buy low on Cooks. Assuming with the injury it may be the right time.

Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Demarco Murray, Joseph Randle

Team B Gave: Kelce, 1st, 3rd, 3rd (The first is 5-8 range, the 3rds are middle to late in the round)

Team A is rebuilding and Team B is a contender.

Sounds like I need to try to buy low on Cooks. Assuming with the injury it may be the right time.
If my leagues were still trading I'd be all over Cooks right now if he's going low.

Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Demarco Murray, Joseph Randle

Team B Gave: Kelce, 1st, 3rd, 3rd (The first is 5-8 range, the 3rds are middle to late in the round)

Team A is rebuilding and Team B is a contender.
Give me Murray
seems like a perfect deal for both sides. Rebuilding I'd take the first and Kelce. Contending, give me Murray.

12 team PPR, TE premium, q,r,r,w,w,t,flex

Give:

OBJ, Hill, Bridgewater, Rudolph, likely late 1st

Get:

Marshall, Charles, Brees
File this under win/win. To those critical of the deal - you're boring.

I'm the owner traded away Brees, Charles and Marshall. Yes I shopped Charles. Jimmy Graham owner would not budge; AJ Green owner was insulted that I thought Charles was approximately equal value.

OBJ/Charles: a wash in my eyes. Charles is far and away the top dog at RB (a true VBD darling), however OBJ brings home more bacon and he has a LOT more tread on his fantasy tires. Also, OBJ is the freakiest rookie to come along since AP.

Brees/Bridgewater: Brees is circling the drain, and for now I have the luxury of auto-starting Stafford and avoiding WDIS headaches; MEANWHILE, JRod now has to weigh Brees vs Ryan and live with the reality of being wrong 7 weeks next season. I'm seeing lots of positive signs coming out of Minnesota and honestly I'd probably trade Brees straight up for Teddy in any dynasty league.

Marshall/Field: Marshall = Total disappointment this year and he's not exactly aging well. I'd much rather have Jeremy Hill, Zach Rudolph and a late first.

Wishing for Jrod the thrill of a Jamaal Charles 5 TD game.

How come any time a guy at or over 30 has a down season he is nearing the end? Brady was the popular choice last year, now it is Brees, Marshall and others?

How come any time a guy at or over 30 has a down season he is nearing the end? Brady was the popular choice last year, now it is Brees, Marshall and others?
Anytime Brady has a bad game people act like the sky is falling. Its because its uncharacteristic, and it scares people. I'm not worried about Brees in the slightest, Marshall on the other hand I'm a little worried about, not much - just his situation, mostly the team worries me. On paper this year should have been great for Chicago and Marshall, but for multiple reasons it hasn't and thats a lot to fix.

If Peyton has another bad game against the Chargers this week, it would be 3 in a row. He will probably be the next one.
Well, you have to admit when you watch him play he doesn't look the same. Many of his passes lack any zip at all and are either wobbly or float to the wide receiver. He still gets by with being the smartest guy on the field and having a great array of weapons, but the guy is nearly 40 - it's not a stretch to say the end is near for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remembered seeing pre-neck surgery Manning throwing wobbly passes...

Throwing the odd duck up happens but everything is a lob pass now. He is still pretty awesome but I would be a bit worried if I were a Denver fan

He has always thrown wobbly passes.
It's far worse now than it's ever been. His "wobbly" passes used to have some zip on them - now it seems like a strong wind in his face may blow the ball backwards.

He's clearly not the same player he once was - but as I said he is still a surgeon out there, knows who to get the ball to and knows the offense like no other QB.

He has always been great, but it is his intelligence that does it for him. He has always thrown an "ugly" ball. I never noticed it until ConnSkin pointed it out last year. I forget the thread it was in, but he has been doing it for years.

He has always been great, but it is his intelligence that does it for him. He has always thrown an "ugly" ball. I never noticed it until ConnSkin pointed it out last year. I forget the thread it was in, but he has been doing it for years.
So you don't think he's lost any ability on downfield throws? It's very obvious to me that his arm is much weaker than it's ever been. I'd be willing to admit that may be more due to his neck/nerve injuries than age, but we will just need to agree to disagree if you think there's no difference in his arm strength now than 5-10 years ago.

I disagree with this quite a bit. Yes, he has been doing it for years, but this is also his 17th season in the league. Even if he's been doing it for 8 years, that's not even half of his career.

The first 6-8 seasons, he threw lasers. He used to get confused by scheme quite a bit when he was younger. It's what he was known for early in his career.

keep 12 Dynasty trade earlier this season before the deadline, and before Both OBJ and Bell went nuts

Gave OBJ/Moncrief/ADP/ 3rd rd

got

L.Bell,Maclin 2rd rd

Start 1-2-3-1-1, non-ppr

J. Randle

for

2015 3rd

Defending champ, in the championship game, owns Murray, acquires Randle for 35/36th pick in 2015 rookie/FA draft.

Dynasty- .5 ppr

Team A gives- ODB, 2015 3rd round pick, 2016 2nd round pick

Team B gives- Cooks, Keenan Allen, Moncrief, Crowell, rookie picks 10 and 11 this year. .

Dynasty- .5 ppr

Team B gives- Cooks, Keenan Allen, Moncrief, Crowell, rookie picks 10 and 11 this year. .
Whoa... That's pricey for ODB. I love the guy but I'd go with the haul of players and very good picks.

Dynasty- .5 ppr

Whoa... That's pricey for ODB. I love the guy but I'd go with the haul of players and very good picks.
Hmm, I've got some ODB fevah too but I might take the side with 3 starters (4 with Moncrief if Reggie Wayne retires) plus two 1st round picks.

Nice haul.

Dynasty- .5 ppr

Hmm, I've got some ODB fevah too but I might take the side with 3 starters (4 with Moncrief if Reggie Wayne retires) plus two 1st round picks.

Nice haul.
Agreed. I would sell for less than that so nice job

Question? I have sims and want martin as well. Do you think martins value is higher than sims or sims value is higher than martins? Just wondering in case trade attempts reach an impasse and I consider selling sims to the martin owner.

Question? I have sims and want martin as well. Do you think martins value is higher than sims or sims value is higher than martins? Just wondering in case trade attempts reach an impasse and I consider selling sims to the martin owner.
Same boat as you in a few leagues.

I am going to assume Martin owners will want more than what Sims would get you.

Maybe late 1st for Martin and mid 2nd for Sims is where I would top their values out

Users who are viewing this thread