What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* 2014 White Sox Thread - Abreu is a MONSTER (2 Viewers)

Friend of mine went to the game on Wednesday, she sat in the RF bleachers.....they actually asked her to change seats, moving her into TV sitelines.

Pretty happy with this start. A bit worried about the suspect D so far though. I was at the game yesterday sitting about 10 rows up when Tank hit the wallk off. So awesome. If they can take 2/3 from Washington I will be very impressed.

Beckham out 6 weeks with a broken bone in his wrist. Sounds like Morel might get called up to split time with Gillaspie at 3B while Keppinger moves to 2B.

Scott Merkin speculates that the Chicago White Sox will use some combination of 3Bs Conor Gillaspie and Brent Morel at third base with 2B Gordon Beckham (wrist) out for six weeks. The team has roster flexibility, so they don't necessarily have to call up Morel from Triple-A Charlotte, though.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=848303-white-sox-conor-gillaspie,-brent-morel-could-split-time#ixzz2QEFcteHh

it's good to see Conor Gillaspie get his shot but he's not a major league third baseman.
Not up to speed on his past. What's he lacking?
A throwing arm mostly. The looping one hopper to first is a specialty.

He's been a decent hitter in the minors. But I don't think he'll hit well enough to hold down 3B, not even for the White Sox who haven't had a good one since Ventura. He's kind of a discount version of Keppinger, although he bats left handed.

I don't think the plan was to have him out there every day. He was meant to upgrade the bats on the bench.

Sweet win- time to get on a roll up north! Gill is tearing it up and it will be interesting to see if he can adjust when the pitchers adjust to him. Don't stop now boys!

Users who are viewing this thread