What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* 2014 White Sox Thread - Abreu is a MONSTER (2 Viewers)

Dayan Viciedo left Thursday's game against the Blue Jays with an apparent left oblique injury.
Viciedo went down after a violent swing, grabbing his side. If he indeed suffered an oblique strain, a trip to the disabled list surely is forthcoming. Jordan Danks came on to finish the at-bat for Viciedo.

Lead of DeAza :homer: and then #### the bed for 9 straight innings? Against Vance Worley?

Decent chance that this team flat out sucks.

Today was probably the worst Sox game I have watched in years. Up 2-1 in the bottom of the seventh. Gimenez gets hit flush in the leg and leaves the game and in comes some guy I have never heard of to run. Flowers walks. Men on on 1st and 2nd with no outs and dude gets picked off at 2nd base. The very next pitch De Aza of course grounds into a double play to end the inning. :lmao: So in the 8th Thorton comes in and gives up a hit and a walk right away. He tries to pick the guy off at 2nd and of course throws it into CF. So right after this happens Cabrera gets a hit and both runners score and the Tribe leads 3-2 which was the final score. :X Crazy bad.

• 00:48:47 Just need a night off to end our losing streak.
  • 00:48:50 What we need is a rain-out.
  • 00:48:52 l can get us a rain-out.
  • 00:48:54 There ain't been a cloud in the sky in weeks.
  • 00:48:58 Hundred bucks says l can get us a rain-out for tomorrow.
  • 00:49:08 You're on.

• 00:48:47 Just need a night off to end our losing streak.
  • 00:48:50 What we need is a rain-out.
  • 00:48:52 l can get us a rain-out.
  • 00:48:54 There ain't been a cloud in the sky in weeks.
  • 00:48:58 Hundred bucks says l can get us a rain-out for tomorrow.
  • 00:49:08 You're on.
  • 00:49:46 Crash, what are you doing?
  • 00:49:58 Oh, my goodness!
  • 00:50:02 We got ourselves a natural disaster.

As a Konerko owner I am getting....concerned. Not hitting the panic button, but I've reviewed the proper technique.

How can you keep a guy hitting .100 at the fourth spot in the lineup?
Every time I am forced to start him due to guys getting off days he does his 0/3 with 2 Ks.

The next day on my bench he hits a Homer......

I just can't drop him knowing that someone else will benefit from a 4 Homerun week. I would rather him help NO ONE on my bench.

Dunn batting 4th tonight is a joke.

How's this for an idea, Robin? How about matching up against the LH SP, with RH heavy lineup, in an effort to get ahead in the game. Then, if you get a lead, you don't have to worry about matchups later in the game because you're facing inning eaters instead of the likes of Howell, Peralta and Farnsworth.

White Sox baseball personified.

Konerko doubled to left.

Gillaspie singled to center, Konerko to third.

Ramirez walked, Gillaspie to second.

Flowers grounded into double play shortstop to second to first, Konerko scored, Gillaspie to third, Ramirez out at second.

Wise grounded out to first.

That was a 3-0 count on Flowers before he grounded into the DP. Then Sale got lit up in the bottom of the frame. Starting to really dislike Keppinger's weak bat...

White Sox baseball personified.

Konerko doubled to left.

Gillaspie singled to center, Konerko to third.

Ramirez walked, Gillaspie to second.

Flowers grounded into double play shortstop to second to first, Konerko scored, Gillaspie to third, Ramirez out at second.

Wise grounded out to first.
You misspelled home run

In limiting the Sox to four hits en route to his first career shutout, Guthrie improved his record to 3-0 against the Sox with an 0.40 ERA in six starts since joining the Royals last August.
:lmao: Guthrie... Jeremy f'in Guthrie is doing this to the palehose. :lmao:

last in the AL in runs scored and 4th best in runs allowed. I feel bad for our pitching. They must wanna kill these clowns on offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Paulie and Keppinger can look at film of Dunn from his Cincy days?

Its easy to get excited about the runs and an error free game but this team needs players in the middle to hit. The Sox seem to have a 1-2 formula going with De Aza and Ramirez. If 3-7 can get hot they might be able to crawl to .500 by early June. Who knows but they have to start winning a series at a time

Maybe Paulie and Keppinger can look at film of Dunn from his Cincy days?

Its easy to get excited about the runs and an error free game but this team needs players in the middle to hit. The Sox seem to have a 1-2 formula going with De Aza and Ramirez. If 3-7 can get hot they might be able to crawl to .500 by early June. Who knows but they have to start winning a series at a time
Your #3 hitter, Rios, is doing pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread