What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

I'd take Yeldon over him. From last year? Beckham, Cooks, and Freeman for sure. But it's silly cherry picking. So as long as we're talking about Miller's value relative to a 1st...what is it in your opinion? Rookie 1.01? 1.02? 1.03? 1.04? As the other poster said, I'd pass on a mid 1st in all likelihood, but I definitely wouldn't expect to receive a significant amount more than that for him in a trade.

You're clearly sky high on him, believe all his early career woes were directly related to coaching, and don't have any further concerns about him and his dynasty value. That's fine. Just think that'll be a fun one to look back on in a year and see if it's anywhere near a "WTF" trade. Feel pretty confident that it won't be but that's tge fun of this hobby.
There are many different ways to look at a trade. Value NOW, and value later. What is happening NOW, and what could happen later.

No, I am not sky high on Miller at all. But I am not dealing him for half what you should get in return.

The deal makes no sense even if the team dealing Miller is rebuilding. Miller is 24. You wanna deal Miller? Fine, get more. Get two 1sts. Get a 1st and an upside young player. Trade him to a team who is competing who has an injured player like Bell, even if you have to give plenty more.

Dealing him for a mid future 1st??? Ugly
You didn't answer the question. Which 1st is proper value if a mid is so egregious? I'll guarantee its a losing proposition to deal 1.01 or 1.02 for him. I'd even lump 1.03 in there. I'd take Miller over 1.04, but we're damn close to mid-1st there.

I'd take Yeldon over him. From last year? Beckham, Cooks, and Freeman for sure. But it's silly cherry picking. So as long as we're talking about Miller's value relative to a 1st...what is it in your opinion? Rookie 1.01? 1.02? 1.03? 1.04? As the other poster said, I'd pass on a mid 1st in all likelihood, but I definitely wouldn't expect to receive a significant amount more than that for him in a trade.

You're clearly sky high on him, believe all his early career woes were directly related to coaching, and don't have any further concerns about him and his dynasty value. That's fine. Just think that'll be a fun one to look back on in a year and see if it's anywhere near a "WTF" trade. Feel pretty confident that it won't be but that's tge fun of this hobby.
There are many different ways to look at a trade. Value NOW, and value later. What is happening NOW, and what could happen later.

No, I am not sky high on Miller at all. But I am not dealing him for half what you should get in return.

The deal makes no sense even if the team dealing Miller is rebuilding. Miller is 24. You wanna deal Miller? Fine, get more. Get two 1sts. Get a 1st and an upside young player. Trade him to a team who is competing who has an injured player like Bell, even if you have to give plenty more.

You didn't answer the question. Which 1st is proper value if a mid is so egregious? I'll guarantee its a losing proposition to deal 1.01 or 1.02 for him. I'd even lump 1.03 in there. I'd take Miller over 1.04, but we're damn close to mid-1st there.
If you can get a guaranteed top 2 pick in 2016, then sure, yeah, go for it. Maybe pick 3 also. The top 2-3 picks in rookie drafts most of the time dwarf the value of the middle of the round.

If you can't get that, make a different deal. Like I mentioned, look at the competing teams and see what they can give that is not helping them right now.

In a late August draft I dealt 1.03 for Miller straight up. There was no way I was taking Gordon or anyone else on the board (Gurley went 1.01 and Cooper 1.02). No regrets.

12 tm PPR QRRWWWTF

Team A got: 2016 mid 1st

Team B got: Karlos Williams, Buck Allen

I'm not involved, but think that's a steal for a 1st round pick

If forced to pick, I would take a rookie RB or WR drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft over Miller. So in most drafts that's either the 1.01 and (maybe) 1.02. But if the consensus 2016 1.01 rookie pick is a WR drafted in the teens, give me Miller.

And just based on the mocks I'm seeing today, there are no WRs or RBs projected as top 10 picks. So yea, I would trade away the 1.01 for Miller today.

If forced to pick, I would take a rookie RB or WR drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft over Miller. So in most drafts that's either the 1.01 and (maybe) 1.02. But if the consensus 2016 1.01 rookie pick is a WR drafted in the teens, give me Miller.

And just based on the mocks I'm seeing today, there are no WRs or RBs projected as top 10 picks. So yea, I would trade away the 1.01 for Miller today.
And in most cases, I think that's a losing proposition. You don't often win leagues and establish dominance in dynasty leagues with the Lamar Miller's of the world. You do it with the Calvins, Petersons, Julios, Gurleys, AJ Greens, etc. Do you hit a Trent Richardson landmine once in a while? Of course. But typically the 1.01/1.02 and sometimes 1.03 to mid-1st are the only way you land those true difference makers before they play a single down in the NFL and they essentially become unobtainable. I'm not giving up that opportunity to acquire Lamar ####### Miller, new coach or not. No way, no how.

Regarding Miller, since the coaching change from a total idiot who never gave Miller the ball to ANYONE ELSE who now give Miller the ball, he has blown up. Even after that non existent first few weeks he is top 5 in RB scoring, and a couple guys ahead of him havent hadtheir bye yet.

For a future mid 1st?? Who were the mid 1sts this year again?? Outside of Cooper and Guyley who were obvious talents, what is anyone else doing? Do all their numbers combined even equal Miller? Do they look like good values moving forward?

It's just a silly move. If course it COULD work out. So could dealing Miller for a 2016 5th rounder. If you dont like Miller much and think heis overrated, fine. Get a better deal than some future mid 1st. That is ugly for a 24 year old top 3-4 scoring RB who is getting better and better, especially after they fired a moronic coach.
Ok- again, I see Floyd properly valued as a second. I would not spend a first on him and doubt you would also.To Lamar... as Miami-area high school, UM and Dolphins fan, I have watched Lamar for ten years. Certainly doesn't make me an expert, but I know a good deal about him. I personally think he's worth a mid-first. Certainly wouldn't give two firsts on the belief he is going to one day get a big spike in usage. He has done great in limited opportunities but I just don't see him as a workhorse back. Never have. And so far he has never proven me wrong.

As you know, start-up values only matter when drafting, not mid-season. If we were just using the start-up chart, trades would never get made.
So which mid 1st rookie from this year are you taking over Miller? Feel free to have your pick of the litter.

I said, if you dont like Miller then fine, but have the sense to know you can get MORE than a future mid 1st for him in every league in the world.
I'm not sure the bolded is true. It's very possible you could have 11 other owners who feel the same way as some of the skeptics in this threat feel about Miller. He's only very recently come into his own in his 4th season. I can understand an owner wanting to see more before investing an early first or multiple firsts.

In some leagues you might have half or more of the owners who aren't comfortable trading, or don't really know how. You might have a couple more who are set at the RB position, and the rest just aren't believers. Some just way overvalue draft picks.

In theory you should be able to get the 1.03 or better for him, but you won't get that in every league in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

And in most cases, I think that's a losing proposition. You don't often win leagues and establish dominance in dynasty leagues with the Lamar Miller's of the world. You do it with the Calvins, Petersons, Julios, Gurleys, AJ Greens, etc. Do you hit a Trent Richardson landmine once in a while? Of course. But typically the 1.01/1.02 and sometimes 1.03 to mid-1st are the only way you land those true difference makers before they play a single down in the NFL and they essentially become unobtainable. I'm not giving up that opportunity to acquire Lamar ####### Miller, new coach or not. No way, no how.
Exactly, all of those guys you just mentioned were ultra-elite prospects drafted in the top 10 (I'd maybe drop the rb criteria back 5 spots to the top 15 since the NFL value /= fantasy value in their case). Time will give us clarity on this but I don't see any ultra-elite skill position prospects in the 2016 draft. Do you?

And it should be noted that you're very down on LM. He's a 24 year-old rb averaging 4.7 ypc over 500+ carries. This is exactly what you want from a top dynasty rb. It's honestly madness to me that you would take TJ Yeldon over him.

Any recent Langford/Forte deals? Curious to see their current values.
Langford was just dropped in a 12 teamer (non dynasty) that I play in, and he was promptly picked up once he cleared waivers by a very RB needy team.

Now, that aside..........its generally a competitive league and RB's are scarce.

This drop had more to do with the expected return of Matt Forte, and said owner even admitted that was the case, and he still had needs elsewhere.

You asked specifically about dynasty, and I only mentioned this just to kick in the only time I have seen Langford dropped recently, IN ANY LEAGUE.

Even though it is a "non dynasty" league, I believe it was worth noting I have not seen him moved anywhere, for any price , even in any trades.

You have to think Langford has more value in dynasty, and of course much of that would hinge around on if Forte returns or not, which has been discussed a bit already. (and his current health)

As a fluke, I started the "official Langford" thread early season.

From the bits I have seen, I see no problem with him putting up RB2 numbers in a good situation, and The Bears would certainly be one of those.

To be honest, I never did acquire the guy anywhere, as I........A- was not a Forte owner, and B- I was stacked in most spots with depth, and I didn't want to drop anyone with similar upside that may be in an actual better scenario.

I have alluded to it before, but I really need to get into one of these dynasty leagues.

This is one aspect I have never done in all the years I have played, and it seems interesting on different levels.

Not to mention it gives you something to have a look at here and there even in the off season.

TZM

Langford was just dropped in a 12 teamer (non dynasty) that I play in, and he was promptly picked up once he cleared waivers by a very RB needy team.

Now, that aside..........its generally a competitive league and RB's are scarce.

This drop had more to do with the expected return of Matt Forte, and said owner even admitted that was the case, and he still had needs elsewhere.

You asked specifically about dynasty, and I only mentioned this just to kick in the only time I have seen Langford dropped recently, IN ANY LEAGUE.

Even though it is a "non dynasty" league, I believe it was worth noting I have not seen him moved anywhere, for any price , even in any trades.
You believe wrong.

squistion said:
TZMarkie said:
Omniscient Deity said:

You believe wrong.
Some people just don't get it in life, you have to break out the crayons sometimes.

TZM

A little context. Other owner began the season as the clear powerhouse. Loaded everywhere. Proceeded to lose Kelvin, Jordy, Arian, Luck, Dez, and probably a few others. He even said to me in the text he thinks he's overpaying but he's so pararnoid about losing another player to injury he feels he needs this handcuff.

I gave him Jay Ajayi (He owns Lamar Miller)

I got Michael Floyd + 2016 1st rounder (my first rounder and I think my team finishes top 4 so pick between 9-12.

Plus I own John Brown.

A little context. Other owner began the season as the clear powerhouse. Loaded everywhere. Proceeded to lose Kelvin, Jordy, Arian, Luck, Dez, and probably a few others. He even said to me in the text he thinks he's overpaying but he's so pararnoid about losing another player to injury he feels he needs this handcuff.

I got Michael Floyd + 2016 1st rounder (my first rounder and I think my team finishes top 4 so pick between 9-12.

Plus I own John Brown.
Horrible for every imaginable reason.

Plus I own John Brown.
Horrible for every imaginable reason.
Not for me.

Couple trades I did this past week. All are 12tm PPR:

16 3rd late and 16 3rd mid for Crabtree

Forsett, Hoyer, AAndrews, Huff, and $15BB for Yeldon

Crabtree went for two 3rd round picks in a dynasty league???

Are there more details, like contracts/etc?

12 Team Dynasty PPR QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Teddy, Tavon, my 2017 1st (should be late, my team is quite strong), a pair of late 2016 3rds

Got: Rivers

Sold the future for the now. Rivers is putting up huge numbers, Teddy will get better. Trade partner needed a QB for Week 10 to stay in the hunt.

Tavon is finally worth something, threw him in.

Sold draft picks early in the season to take my shot. Through REALLY bad luck of the schedule I'm 3-6 (losing three times to the highest score in the league, twice while having the #2 high score.) :ptts:

Sold Ryan Mathews and Larry Fitzgerald for a 2016 1st.
Sold Emmanuel Sanders for a 2016 1st. Should be 7-10

Two teams vying for top spot in a 12-team+40-man+0.5 PPR+IDP+PR/KR Dynasty League

All trades are WIN NOW plays

Trade 1

Team 1

TY Montgomery+2016 3rd Round Pick

Team X1

Travis Kelce

Trade 2

Team 1

Jeremy Hill+Ryan Shazier+Devin Smith+2016 1st Round Pick

Team X2

Adrian Peterson

Trade 3

Team 2

Lamar Miller+2016 2nd+2016 3rd

Team X3

Marshawn Lynch & Mike Wallace

Trade 4
Team 2

Josh Gordon+Jamison Crowder+2016 1st

Team X4

Demaryius Thomas

Who made the better trades to win it all this year: Team 1 or Team 2?

12 team 0.75ppr qrrwwwtf

Gave Chris Thompson, 2016 3rd

Got Danny Woodhead

Woodhead owner was a skins guy with a 2-7 record in a rebuild.

12-team league. Non-PPR. Standard scoring.

Gave:

Charcandrick West

Christine Michael

Got:

2016 1st rd pick (likely 1.09-1.12)

Dorial Green-Beckham

Note: my team was not in the playoff hunt

And it should be noted that you're very down on LM. He's a 24 year-old rb averaging 4.7 ypc over 500+ carries. This is exactly what you want from a top dynasty rb. It's honestly madness to me that you would take TJ Yeldon over him.
I'd take Yeldon over Miller and honestly it's not even a close call for me.

FFPC, 1.5 TE PPR, trade deadline deal last night:

Gave:

John Brown

ASJ

2016#1, playoff team, probably late first.

Got:

Diggs

Eifert

12 team ppr

Gave: Tavon Austin

Got: CJ Anderson

Austin was my WR7 and I'm very thin at RB. Other team had 5 startable RB but needed a WR3.

Soulfly3 said:
Teddy Bridgewater for a 2016 2nd rounder (probably mid round pick)
I would likely take the 2nd too

Omniscient Deity said:
Traded Martin/Langford for Kelvin Benjamin

Plus I own John Brown.
Either Floyd or the 1st would be enough for me I think

Good deals.

12 Team Dynasty PPR QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Teddy, Tavon, my 2017 1st (should be late, my team is quite strong), a pair of late 2016 3rds

Got: Rivers

Sold the future for the now. Rivers is putting up huge numbers, Teddy will get better. Trade partner needed a QB for Week 10 to stay in the hunt.

Tavon is finally worth something, threw him in.
Yeah Teddy might get better but Rivers IS better

12 team 0.75ppr qrrwwwtf

Gave Chris Thompson, 2016 3rd

Got Danny Woodhead

Woodhead owner was a skins guy with a 2-7 record in a rebuild.
Woodhead

12-team league. Non-PPR. Standard scoring.

Gave:

Charcandrick West

Christine Michael

Got:

2016 1st rd pick (likely 1.09-1.12)

Dorial Green-Beckham

Note: my team was not in the playoff hunt
Wow. I really like West but I would deal for either a 1st or DGB...both is killing it

FFPC, 1.5 TE PPR, trade deadline deal last night:

Gave:

John Brown

ASJ

2016#1, playoff team, probably late first.

Got:

Diggs

Eifert
Good deal for Eifert.

12 team ppr

Gave: Tavon Austin

Got: CJ Anderson

Austin was my WR7 and I'm very thin at RB. Other team had 5 startable RB but needed a WR3.
I can't get anything for Austin. Nicely done

Two teams vying for top spot in a 12-team+40-man+0.5 PPR+IDP+PR/KR Dynasty League

All trades are WIN NOW plays

Trade 1

Team 1

TY Montgomery+2016 3rd Round Pick

Team X1

Travis Kelce

Trade 2

Team 1

Jeremy Hill+Ryan Shazier+Devin Smith+2016 1st Round Pick

Team X2

Adrian Peterson

Trade 3

Team 2

Lamar Miller+2016 2nd+2016 3rd

Team X3

Marshawn Lynch & Mike Wallace

Trade 4
Team 2

Josh Gordon+Jamison Crowder+2016 1st

Team X4

Demaryius Thomas

Who made the better trades to win it all this year: Team 1 or Team 2?
No idea whether they got what is listed or gave but the bolded are the sides I want.

I'd take Yeldon over Miller and honestly it's not even a close call for me.
I'd take Miller quite easily.
That's all fine, I just don't agree with labeling it madness to prefer Yeldon which is only reason I responded in first place.

I like the younger guy, who is a true three down back, who looks legit on an emerging offense with a great schedule and historically easy division schedule and most of all has a coaching staff whose goal is to make him a feature back. He's been solid so far but has had a groin issue, pre-season injury slowing his development and difficult schedule. I think he pops second half of the season but it's his frame, three down skill set, ability to run in tight quarters, emerging offense and complete confidence of coaching staff that has me over the top excited about his future.

Miller has been better YTD and has the healthy career YPC average which is great but I don't think he's a long term three down back and I know for sure where Yeldon's role is secure Miller's future is completely unknown. FA on a team with a new coaching staff.

Even thought I like Yeldon quite a bit more I would never label a preference for one over the other as madness, just a difference in opinion. I mean if someone offered me Miller for Yeldon it would be easy no or me but nothing insulting.I'd have thought the owner made what he felt was a solid offer, just not for me.

I think we get it.
You know what else is ugly giving up pick 4 and 6 an getting Allen Robinson and Lamar Miller. So was about 20 other trades in my league. People rip people off all the time its just what happens when you play with people who don't know what they are doing and my league has tons but the best part is every time I have made a trade the past few years it has blown up in my face even when Ghostguy is saying I ripped them off like when I got Trent and when I got Foles and gave up a 1st which would been Beckham. Welcome to the world of fantasy where no one values anything similar and everyone gets beaten up in trades and the rich get richer.

12 team FFPC PPR

Gave up Chris Johnson and a 2016 1st which is going to be anywhere from 1-6 (teams play for their picks this team will not make the playoffs so will be from 1-6 depending on how they do)

Got - Freeman Atl RB

I think we get it.
You know what else is ugly giving up pick 4 and 6 an getting Allen Robinson and Lamar Miller. So was about 20 other trades in my league. People rip people off all the time its just what happens when you play with people who don't know what they are doing and my league has tons but the best part is every time I have made a trade the past few years it has blown up in my face even when Ghostguy is saying I ripped them off like when I got Trent and when I got Foles and gave up a 1st which would been Beckham. Welcome to the world of fantasy where no one values anything similar and everyone gets beaten up in trades and the rich get richer.
Well said.

I don't post trades in here because I'm looking for feedback or to gloat at my "win". I post trades in here for the same reason I come here to read trades, to try my best to gauge trade value of players.

But the comments, grades, who won/lost, for pure entertainment reading back in this thread is fantastic but sometimes makes me wince when I see how wrong I was, but I'm not alone so it's all good.

I think we get it.
Well said.

I don't post trades in here because I'm looking for feedback or to gloat at my "win". I post trades in here for the same reason I come here to read trades, to try my best to gauge trade value of players.

But the comments, grades, who won/lost, for pure entertainment reading back in this thread is fantastic but sometimes makes me wince when I see how wrong I was, but I'm not alone so it's all good.
2013 after he's traded to Indy: I trade Trent for mid 1st.

Ghost guy - that's terrible value!

Me- but I think Trent sucks.

Ghost guy - doesn't matter, terrible value!

2014: Used pick to draft Benjamin

Ghost guy- you can't play result! Trade still sucked.

Me- no it didn't

Crabtree went for two 3rd round picks in a dynasty league???

Are there more details, like contracts/etc?
I was pretty surprised myself. I'm 1st in the league and this guy is like bottom 3. He kept sending me trades for Karlos Williams and we couldn't come to terms, but I was targeting Crabtree and picks. The next night I have an offer for my 2 3rd rounders. I need the WR depth so it was more than ideal.

I've had a few the past couple of days....

1. gave: Freeman

got: Sammy

2. gave: B Marshall

got: D Parker

3. gave: Dez

got: Evans/Diggs

4. gave: 4th

got: Alf M

5. gave: late 1st(I'm contending)

got: Beastmode

6. gave: D Martin/late 2nd

got: AP

I think we get it.
Well said.

2013 after he's traded to Indy: I trade Trent for mid 1st.

Ghost guy - that's terrible value!

Me- but I think Trent sucks.

Ghost guy - doesn't matter, terrible value!

2014: Used pick to draft Benjamin

Ghost guy- you can't play result! Trade still sucked.

Me- no it didn't
This is why trades are judged many different ways. It WAS terrible value at that time

If I think Peterson is completely finished and will never do anything again starting tomorrow, I am not going to go unload him for pennies on the dollar. If I traded Peterson right now for a future 3rd and he never scored one more point in the league, it would still have been a terrible trade regardless of the outcome.

If you don't like a guy or think he is overvalued, fine, but trade him for market value or at least close to it. Not half or a third of his value.

12 team FFPC PPR

Gave up Chris Johnson and a 2016 1st which is going to be anywhere from 1-6 (teams play for their picks this team will not make the playoffs so will be from 1-6 depending on how they do)

Got - Freeman Atl RB
Horrible value for the guy trading away Freeman, and I am probably lower on Freeman than most.

I told you to re-deal Freeman after you did that for more than you gave, which would have been simple to do, so don't be surprised if this one bites you in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread