What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry said:
certainly right about Didinger, but surprised you lived in NY and don't know who Carlin is.  Worked at WFAN for several years as an update guy/producer and sometimes on air.  Mike and the Mad Dog used to make fun of him all time.
I only lived there a very short time when I first retired from military stayed with my in laws.

Has anyone read up on the AJ McCarron trade to the Browns that fell through?

Apparently they had a deal at 3:55 (trade deadline is 4) and the Bengals called it in. The Browns didn’t call it in on time because they were apparently celebrating the deal.....

What was the deal you ask? Evidently the Browns were giving a 2 and 3 to the Bengals for him....yes, more than what SF gave for Garoppolo 
Is this true? The Browns failed to call it in on time?

Apparently they had a deal at 3:55 (trade deadline is 4) and the Bengals called it in. The Browns didn’t call it in on time because they were apparently celebrating the deal.....

What was the deal you ask? Evidently the Browns were giving a 2 and 3 to the Bengals for him....yes, more than what SF gave for Garoppolo 
Isn't that typical Browns? It's the Curse of Carson Wentz. When the Eagles win the SB eventually the Eagles should give them a thank you gift basket. 

So the league saved them from themselves

Is this true? The Browns failed to call it in on time?
Apparently they were too busy celebrating they forgot to send it in. When they did. However Marycate Cabot said Browns sent unsigned docs to Cincy who accidentally sent them to NFL 

Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot  34m34 minutes ago

More

Try again: #Browns sent signed doc to #Bengals to sign and send to league, but #Bengals sent doc to #NFL only signed by them

I would like to see a list of our trades with Miami, it seems like we have killed it with them over the years.  Starting around Feely...

Jeff Darlington ✔@JeffDarlington

Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins don’t believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

9:36 AM - Oct 31, 2017
Everyone knew Ajayi wasn't ever gonna be a 10-year starter in the league anyway. Howie's not making this deal because he expects Ajayi to be their bellcow back in 2020. If we can get 1.5 relatively healthy and effective years out of him that's still well worth the investment.

Everyone knew Ajayi wasn't ever gonna be a 10-year starter in the league anyway. Howie's not making this deal because he expects Ajayi to be their bellcow back in 2020. If we can get 1.5 relatively healthy and effective years out of him that's still well worth the investment.
Exactly.  I wanted to spend a high draft pick on a RB next year, but it can now wait until the year after.  Let's run him into the ground the next 1.5 years like Dallas did with Murray.  We don't need to re-sign him, we can get a similar rookie in 2019. 

I mean, the Vikings didn't even get that from Bradford, and they traded us a first...

Do you Eagles homers think Ajayi will get 15-20 touches once he’s acclimated to the system?
I don’t think they’ll stop with the RB rotation so I would lean closer to 15 a week. He won’t be a 20-25 carry guy, would be closer to the 14-17 area, basically what Blount was before the trade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but that defense is what would be the wet blanket to your happy party. Could realistically be a 6-3 game
I agree. Two of the league's best defenses. Very excited to see what Wentz can do against this unit.  

I predict a 20-10 Eagles win.  

Yeah but that defense is what would be the wet blanket to your happy party. Could realistically be a 6-3 game
Not for nothing but the Eagles have the 6th best offense in yds/gm and 4th best scoring team. I think they'll score more than 6.

Do you Eagles homers think Ajayi will get 15-20 touches once he’s acclimated to the system?
I think him and Blount will get a pretty even split maybe 10-15 touches each. Im not sure with how well Blount has played why they assume he will be pushed aside. 

yes its a short term fix but longer than what blount was offering us.  i would not be shocked if we still drafted another rb with a high pick if the right one is there next season

I mean, the Vikings didn't even get that from Bradford, and they traded us a first...
They did get a full year out of him despite how much you all wished it would be a complete failure.

The Eagles fans wishing other teams are so poorly managed is something that I hope comes back and bites you. Its really unnecessary salt in the womb Dbaggery on some of your parts.

I guess your team doing well isn't enough.

They did get a full year out of him despite how much you all wished it would be a complete failure.

The Eagles fans wishing other teams are so poorly managed is something that I hope comes back and bites you. Its really unnecessary salt in the womb Dbaggery on some of your parts.

Eagles fans tell it like it is. Even during the good times, we call out our front office when they make terrible management moves. And we're not afraid to call out other teams when they do. But just listen to local sports radio if you think for some reason that we think we are holier than thou. This fan base is absolutely brutal on its own front office. We were 4-1 and people were calling for Peterson's job. There's a certain cynicism that comes with never winning a Superbowl.

I guess I’ll be the one that goes against the grain and say yes. The first game after the bye he’ll be a 15-20 touch guy IMO. 

From a talent standpoint he’s all 3 guys (Blount, Clement and Smallwood) combined. On the surface it looks like they wanted a guy that didn’t make certain formations and situations predictable. 

Right one year < one and a half years.  And who is "wishing" it would be a failure?  The only wishing anyone did for Minnesota was last year, when we wanted that first round pick to be higher.  Don't think anyone has anything against Bradford, and would have been thrilled to see him succeed, stay healthy, and get a huge extension.

Right one year < one and a half years.  And who is "wishing" it would be a failure?  The only wishing anyone did for Minnesota was last year, when we wanted that first round pick to be higher.  Don't think anyone has anything against Bradford, and would have been thrilled to see him succeed, stay healthy, and get a huge extension.
Yeah I thought I missed something.  I don't think any Philly fans wished ill of Bradford.  I chalk it up to people just bashing Eagles fans.

It sounds like the Eagles Philosophy on RBs is quite Similar to BB's and the Patriots. Grab a whole bunch and roll them all out and see what works. No one signed long term. 

We call it like it is. Bradford was also a complete baby who needed to be babied everywhere he went. Sam Bradford might be the biggest con artist in NFL history though. Not our fault we are so passionate about our Team. However non of us wished ill on Bradford. Maybe we called him a P**** but that's because it's true. He as a player couldn't take the fans and media in this town. We have a guy who use to post here who's buddy use to work for the team who told us after the Bradford to Philly trade by Kelly said his buddy texted him and said Andy Reid doesn't make that trade if still here because they scouted Bradford Andy didn't think he had the demeanor to handle Philly. He was basically right. We're very pleased with What we have at QB now. We never wished Bradford injury it's just more of a not a surprise for many of us. Dude could never stay healthy in he NFL. The only think we wished last year was for Minny to suck big time so we'd get a higher First rounder. If Bradford was hurt to go along with it so be it and it helped us out but we wouldn't be cheering for it. Is this how you get your jimmies off during your teams bye week? If I were you I'd be worried about a Healthy Aaron Rodgers coming back in the next few weeks honestly. 

Yeah, most likely just this. People sure are mad about booing Santa Claus 45 years ago. Lol
Hey maybe he's Sam Bradford's #1 fan!!! I mean we don't know for sure but those hardcore Bradford fans are something else. I've had my share of a few. 

No.  This is just the beginning

I think Philly fans are just a cliche now. They try to hard to live up to this “tough fan” image that has been around for years and maintaining that image is laughable now. 

Nothing wrong with having high expectations but having to be “brutal” now because Grandpa boooed Santa Claus 40 years ago doesn’t make the fan base smarter or more realistic than the next. 

Every week I play DFS and hope the other guys do a terrible job. Just so I’m following you here, when this thing comes back on me who is in trouble? Me, the Eagles or just the players I picked that week?

I think Philly fans are just a cliche now. They try to hard to live up to this “tough fan” image that has been around for years and maintaining that image is laughable now. 

Nothing wrong with having high expectations but having to be “brutal” now because Grandpa boooed Santa Claus 40 years ago doesn’t make the fan base smarter or more realistic than the next. 
The brutal fan is in every NFL city. Every. Single. One. 

Philly fans are no different than any other fanbase.  Well, we are a strong, loyal base like fans in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. But we aren't 'classless' or bullies, like other teams' bases like to project.  But when I hear a someone else talk about us being brutal or tough or even being a bit #######ish, I always smile and take pride in that. It may be a myth, but it's a myth I enjoy.

Philly fans are no different than any other fanbase.  Well, we are a strong, loyal base like fans in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. But we aren't 'classless' or bullies, like other teams' bases like to project.  But when I hear a someone else talk about us being brutal or tough or even being a bit #######ish, I always smile and take pride in that. It may be a myth, but it's a myth I enjoy.
The thing is only Philly fans are saying this. Nobody else does other than the overused nod to booing Santa Claus during a prime time game because the producers feel it needs to be said like showing regional food being made during a commercial bumper. 

“Did we run the cheesesteak being made?”

”Yes”

”Ok, it’s a blowout so let’s talk about booing Santa Claus next, roll tape”

That is how I know it’s the 4th quarter in a Prime Time Philly game. 

Where the hell did this come from? 

True that. Being an Eagle fan in Texas is not always easy but Eagle fans travel well so it's all good.

The thing is only Philly fans are saying this. Nobody else does other than the overused nod to booing Santa Claus during a prime time game because the producers feel it needs to be said like showing regional food being made during a commercial bumper. 

“Did we run the cheesesteak being made?”

”Yes”

”Ok, it’s a blowout so let’s talk about booing Santa Claus next, roll tape”

That is how I know it’s the 4th quarter in a Prime Time Philly game. 
That's not unique to Philly.  The media always takes a team's/city's traditions and run with them. 

JuniorNB said:
That's not unique to Philly.  The media always takes a team's/city's traditions and run with them. 
Oh, I know they always show the stock footage of food being made in every host city, but it is the digging into the vault of how “tough and hard on the team Philly fans are” that gets old. 

Seeing the food just makes me hungry.

JuniorNB said:
Not to pick a fight but you don't hear stories like this coming out of Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc.

Philly fans are loyal, but you can't say they haven't been one of the quicker ones to turn on their team... 

In these forums you guys seem like normal fans of any other team, so again, not trying to pick a fight. I enjoy talking with you guys and you seem like a fun bunch. Unlike some of the more negative stories one might hear coming from any city out there. 

Users who are viewing this thread