What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

Long Ball Larry said:
I guess the word is that they are working on an extension for bradham.  That only leaves Alshon and the whole team is back together for next year,
Jason La Confora said (Take it with a grain of salt as he's the Jon Heyman of the NFL) the Eagles were working on extending Brandon Graham. 

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Idiot Vegas Vick in the local paper picked Chicago to cover. Maybe if Andy was still here as this is the type of game he'd lay an egg on once or twice a year. Not this team. Chicago beat some good teams and has been in every game and they just got murdered.

I can't wait for the Seattle game. Other than Dallas this is the one I want MOST!!!
Me too. There's a slight chance I might be going to that Sea game too. My Cousin here in PA usually goes to SF/Sea (Where my other cousin is for his Birthday. My Cousin said he might be able to get an extra ticket for me as he's great friends with the people who sit next to him who have 3 Tix and one of them might not go. Also my cousin here is not sure if he's gonna go yet do to the expenses involved. 

fred_1_15301 said:
2-0 since making the decision to bet on Eagles against the spread rest of the year. :thumbup:  
Whatever the opening line is, I’m betting on the Eagles next week.  Terrible matchup for the Hawks.  I anticipate a minimum 21 point win (no way the opening line is more than -10)

Long Ball Larry said:
I guess the word is that they are working on an extension for bradham.  That only leaves Alshon and the whole team is back together for next year,
Wouldn’t go too crazy on Alshon. Maybe if they get him to sign a T.O. deal, 3/4 years long but a nice guaranteed amount with a two year out, I would. 

fred_1_15301 said:
2-0 since making the decision to bet on Eagles against the spread rest of the year. :thumbup:  
i was scared off by the 13.5 this week, but have been on them for awhile. will hit them up this upcoming week @ SEA

renesauz said:
Not happy with the ball security today. Ball hit the ground too many times, and Carson missed high several times. The score was great, but I'm not sure that sloppy play wins in LA
defensive off-sides were sloppy too, but i have faith the coaching staff will remind these guys this week about sloppy play 

Wouldn’t go too crazy on Alshon. Maybe if they get him to sign a T.O. deal, 3/4 years long but a nice guaranteed amount with a two year out, I would. 
I agree. I'd want an out. Jeffrey has been inconsistent and injury prone through his career. As long as it's a tea friendly deal I'm good with resigning him

Saints Vikings and Rams doing a nice job of beating each other to give us a little breathing room. Looks like the Saints are going down this week. Drew Brees is nothing like he used to be. I thought his numbers were suffering because of the strong defense and the running game. But they've been behind against the Rams this whole game and there have been a whole lot of three-and-outs. They need Brees to win one with his arm and he's failing miserably so far.

Saints Vikings and Rams doing a nice job of beating each other to give us a little breathing room. Looks like the Saints are going down this week. Drew Brees is nothing like he used to be. I thought his numbers were suffering because of the strong defense and the running game. But they've been behind against the Rams this whole game and there have been a whole lot of three-and-outs. They need Brees to win one with his arm and he's failing miserably so far.
I don’t know Brees had a good one last week. 

Will be fun to see how we do, once in the playoffs anything could happen. 

The Saints caught the Panthers when they weren't so good. Other than that they're not so scary when they're on the road.

I don’t know Brees had a good one last week. 

Will be fun to see how we do, once in the playoffs anything could happen. 
ehh, i happened to watch most of that game last week. Majorioty of their points happened last 3:00 of the game. looked ok then, but first 57 minutes didn't do too much

In Seattle? No chance IMO. Max Eagles -3, if that. Wouldn’t shock me to see Sea PK. :shrug:   We’ll see if they eagles have that much respect yet. I’m curious. 
This is a great line for the Eagles IMO.  They are a terrible matchup for the Seahawks.  Vegas line is respecting Seattle based on history but they are a 1 man offense right now and the defense isn’t very good either.  I’m shocked by this line.  Making the bet tonight and upping the wager.

I'm certainly not afraid of Payton. Down 13 in the 4th quarter, Saints are at the Rams 4 on 4th down. Kick a FG.

Was at the game today. Atmosphere at the Linc is just awesome. Could’ve done without the turnovers obviously but damn this team is just so much fun to watch.  Couldn’t do anything but laugh at the two bears fans we passed on the way out who had nothing to say but “how many Super Bowls do you have?”  

Was at the game today. Atmosphere at the Linc is just awesome. Could’ve done without the turnovers obviously but damn this team is just so much fun to watch.  Couldn’t do anything but laugh at the two bears fans we passed on the way out who had nothing to say but “how many Super Bowls do you have?”  
It may not be this year, but Carson Wentz is going to win some Super Bowls.

It may not be this year, but Carson Wentz is going to win some Super Bowls.
I agree. But regardless, that cracks me up when they have nothing else to say. “Okay dude, you guys won one the year I was born. What’s that have to do with the whooping you just got?”

This is a great line for the Eagles IMO.  They are a terrible matchup for the Seahawks.  Vegas line is respecting Seattle based on history but they are a 1 man offense right now and the defense isn’t very good either.  I’m shocked by this line.  Making the bet tonight and upping the wager.
Well #### me they’re getting the respect.  @Insein was right on, opened at Eagles -6, now bouncing around with a -4 and a -5.5 listed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well #### me they’re getting the respect.  @Insein was right on, opened at Eagles -6, now bouncing around with a -4 and a -5.5 listed. 
I got em at -6      :(      but still not too worried.  This is a statement game on primetime for the Eagles.  It's such a completely different Seahawks team than what we've been used to.  

Brees really seemed to be dinking and dunking most the game.  Still maintaining that 70% accuracy, but if you wrap up guys after the catch, that Saints pass offense isn't scaring anyone.  Obviously shutting down their run game is easier said then done - but that's really the key.

I just read that Carson Wentz is only the third quarterback in NFL history to have 25 or more touchdown passes with 5 or less interceptions after 11 games. He is currently at 28/5. 

Oh, the other two are Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers 

I think what you worry about is Any Given Sunday.  Philly seems to be head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC. 

Oh yeah and you may want to worry a little about that team in Foxboro.
Head and shoulders above everyone? They have earned the right to be considered at the top, but they aren't that far ahead of Mn IMO. They may not even be better, but for now, they've earned that. The next two weeks will tell the story. They haven't beaten anyone good yet. They are doing what good team should by not playing down to the competition and easily taking care of the bad teams when they play them. 

Head and shoulders above everyone? They have earned the right to be considered at the top, but they aren't that far ahead of Mn IMO. They may not even be better, but for now, they've earned that. The next two weeks will tell the story. They haven't beaten anyone good yet. They are doing what good team should by not playing down to the competition and easily taking care of the bad teams when they play them. 
You may be right.  My biggest concern with Minnesota is that they're not even sure who their QB is going to be in 2 weeks.  But I'm probably under rating them.  

Plenty of teams in the NFC can challenge the Eagles if they play at the top level. As you said, the Vikings are certainly one of them. As are the Saints and the Rams. As far as not beating anyone, I would say winning in Carolina would count as beating someone. They've also beat the Chargers as well as the Cowboys in Dallas. And they are destroying teams. They are certainly the top team in the NFC right now. Playing in Seattle will be a big test this coming week. As will the Rams on the road the following week

Plenty of teams in the NFC can challenge the Eagles if they play at the top level. As you said, the Vikings are certainly one of them. As are the Saints and the Rams. As far as not beating anyone, I would say winning in Carolina would count as beating someone. They've also beat the Chargers as well as the Cowboys in Dallas. And they are destroying teams. They are certainly the top team in the NFC right now. Playing in Seattle will be a big test this coming week. As will the Rams on the road the following week
I'll give ya Carolina. They other two aren't even .500. 

These next two week will tell us a lot.  I'm expecting them to go 1-1, but one game at a time.  This team seems to make great halftime adjustments when things don't go so hot in the 1st half, and they'll be happy to beat you through the run OR the pass..

i hope Doug can keep them focused and not let their heads get too big. there are signs here and there, but thankfully they aren't showing in their play at all. which is possible, but is a fine line to balance. just saw this, and with the fumbles and silly penalties today i'm hoping Doug pulls them back in. just saw this:  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-sX2yA3vW/?taken-by=bleacherreport

to be honest, and i know i am thinking too far ahead, but the single biggest worry i have with this team right now is that they secure the #1 spot with a few weeks to go, take the foot off the gas a bit. then they have their bye, and they come out so flat or not focused enough that they make their 1st playoff game a lot harder then it needs to be. hopefully i am worrying about nothing here, but young coach and younger team it is very possible that it can be a concern

Bunch of scared fans in here. This team is head and shoulders above everyone in the NFC. I expect them to win by 2 possessions in Seattle.

And come playoff time... Case Keenum ain't winning in Philadelphia lol. 

It's understandable the trepidation. We're a scarred fanbase. But this team is different. They buck the trends of our history. They laugh in it's face. They keep doing things were not expecting in a good way. 

I do feel confident going into Seattle this week. We should destroy that team as they are currently constructed.

Well, we've reached the two week run where we'll find out just how good this team is.  Seattle is 7-4 despite their injuries. And Russell Wilson is a candidate for MVP.  Seattle may be the most hostile stadium in the league for opposing quarterbacks. It'll be a great test for Wentz.  And LA looked great against the Saints yesterday. They are the real deal. Goff (#1 pick of 2015 draft) against Wentz (#2 pick) is an interest dynamic.  They could end up being the 'Brady vs Manning' of the next decade. 

Obviously looking for 2-0 to maintain home field advantage throughout the playoffs. But 1-1 wouldn't be bad as long as we played well doing it. 

And then beat New England. 
In New England.  Then followed that up by beating a 3-1 Detroit team, in Detroit.  Philly came to Carolina on a short week and won the game.  It was a game that most of the talking heads had Carolina winning.  It was an impressive win.  To say otherwise is idiotic.

In New England.  Then followed that up by beating a 3-1 Detroit team, in Detroit.  Philly came to Carolina on a short week and won the game.  It was a game that most of the talking heads had Carolina winning.  It was an impressive win.  To say otherwise is idiotic.
It was very impressive. It just doesn't fit their narrative that the Eagles haven't played anyone. lol

What's really impressive is they took a Chicago Bears team who was 6th in the league in rushing and held them to 6 yards.  6 yards!  

Users who are viewing this thread